[OT] Nevada College Professor Shoots Himself to Protest President Trump
2018-09-13 15:37:05 UTC
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/09/john-boch/nevada-college-professor-shoots-himself-to-protest-president-trump/

Leftist derangement has officially been taken to an entirely new level. A
professor emeritus at the College of Southern Nevada recently shot himself
in the arm while on campus to protest the Donald Trump. Police have charged
the nutty professor, Mark J. Bird, with a variety of felonies.

In spite of the professor's violent temper tantrum, reports say he's
apparently still employed by the college.

The Las Vegas Review-Journal has the story:

A longtime College of Southern Nevada sociology professor is facing
felony
gun charges in connection with an on-campus shooting on the second day
of classes.

Mark J. Bird was charged last month with discharging a gun within a
prohibited
structure, carrying a concealed weapon without a permit, and possessing
dangerous weapon on school property, court records show. He was found
bleeding
from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to his arm about 8:15 a.m. on Aug.
28 outside
a bathroom in the Charleston campus K building.

While waiting for authorities to arrive, Bird said he had shot himself
in protest of
President Donald Trump, police noted in their report.

No doubt Shannon Watts' and Michael Bloomberg's burgeoning gun control
operation will classify this as yet another tragic "school shooting" in
their efforts to strip law-abiding people of their natural right to keep
and bear arms.

At the same time, some on the Left will surely champion this professor's
self-inflicted gunshot wound as brave, protected "speech". A heroic protest
of a totalitarian regime. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and
all that. Meanwhile, many of those same people will describe phrases like
"make America great again" as "violence" against immigrants and minorities.

Their Orwellian logic also shines brightly when it comes to Antifa, a group
that calls themselves "anti-fascists" while employing violent fascist
tactics against those with whom they disagree politically.

The psychotic sociology professor was surely thinking of the little people
during his protest. He taped a hundred dollar bill to the bathroom mirror,
along with a note that read "for the janitor" before blowing a hole in his
arm.

Unfortunately, Professor Bird victimized more than just himself. At least
one student found the nutty professor bleeding from his self-inflicted
wound. Those memories will surely live with that student for a long time.
The psychotic professor's violent temper tantrum probably won't do much for
the school's reputation, either.

TTAG has written before about the Left turning to violence and wondering
just how soon that violence will turn deadly. Few of us ever thought these
moonbats would inflict that violence upon themselves. Yet here we are.
Rhino
2018-09-13 17:02:03 UTC
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/09/john-boch/nevada-college-professor-shoots-himself-to-protest-president-trump/
Leftist derangement has officially been taken to an entirely new level. A
professor emeritus at the College of Southern Nevada recently shot himself
in the arm while on campus to protest the Donald Trump. Police have charged
the nutty professor, Mark J. Bird, with a variety of felonies.
In spite of the professor's violent temper tantrum, reports say he's
apparently still employed by the college.
And why not? As I understand it, a professor with tenure can't be fired
for anything short of murder and even that is in question. After all,
it's not like he *defended* Trump, which probably *is* a firing offense....
Post by BTR1701
[...]
What a considerate idiot! He was probably compensating the janitor for
the extra work involved in cleaning up after his mess.
Post by BTR1701
Unfortunately, Professor Bird victimized more than just himself. At least
one student found the nutty professor bleeding from his self-inflicted
wound. Those memories will surely live with that student for a long time.
The psychotic professor's violent temper tantrum probably won't do much for
the school's reputation, either.
TTAG has written before about the Left turning to violence and wondering
just how soon that violence will turn deadly. Few of us ever thought these
moonbats would inflict that violence upon themselves. Yet here we are.
I'm trying to see a cloud here but all I'm getting is a silver lining....
2018-09-13 16:25:04 UTC
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/09/john-boch/nevada-college-professor-shoots-himself-to-protest-president-trump/
Leftist derangement has officially been taken to an entirely new level. A
professor emeritus at the College of Southern Nevada recently shot himself
in the arm while on campus to protest the Donald Trump. Police have charged
the nutty professor, Mark J. Bird, with a variety of felonies.
In spite of the professor's violent temper tantrum, reports say he's
apparently still employed by the college.
A longtime College of Southern Nevada sociology professor is facing felony
gun charges in connection with an on-campus shooting on the second day
of classes.
Mark J. Bird was charged last month with discharging a gun within a prohibited
structure, carrying a concealed weapon without a permit, and possessing
a dangerous weapon on school property, court records show. He was found
[...]
I, for one, am disappointed by his lack of comittment; the least he could
have done is fellated that gun before pulling the trigger.
2018-09-13 22:26:40 UTC
A longtime College of Southern Nevada sociology professor is facing
felony gun charges in connection with an on-campus shooting on the second day
of classes.
I thought you guys said teachers carrying guns in schools made people safer?
--
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was
their final, most essential command." - George Orwell, 1949
what’s happening." - Donald J. Trump, 2018
BTR1701
2018-09-13 23:37:31 UTC
A longtime College of Southern Nevada sociology professor is facing
felony gun charges in connection with an on-campus shooting on the second day
of classes.
I thought you guys said teachers carrying guns in schools made people safer?
You're absolutely right. We should have added a caveat exempting deranged
Leftists. I suppose we assumed that was just common sense and didn't need
to be said.
FPP
2018-09-13 23:58:39 UTC
A longtime College of Southern Nevada sociology professor is facing
felony gun charges in connection with an on-campus shooting on the second day
of classes.
I thought you guys said teachers carrying guns in schools made people safer?
You're absolutely right. We should have added a caveat exempting deranged
Leftists. I suppose we assumed that was just common sense and didn't need
to be said.
Guess how many accidental shootings there are by teachers that AREN'T
carrying guns?

Guns in schools! What a GREAT idea! Right up there with Razor Blade Pie.
BTR1701
2018-09-14 00:07:53 UTC
A longtime College of Southern Nevada sociology professor is facing
felony gun charges in connection with an on-campus shooting on the second day
of classes.
I thought you guys said teachers carrying guns in schools made people safer?
You're absolutely right. We should have added a caveat exempting deranged
Leftists. I suppose we assumed that was just common sense and didn't need
to be said.
Guess how many accidental shootings there are by teachers that AREN'T
carrying guns?
Notice how FPP (not so) cleverly tries to change the subject from
purposeful shootings by deranged Leftists to accidental shootings.
FPP
2018-09-14 01:18:29 UTC
A longtime College of Southern Nevada sociology professor is facing
felony gun charges in connection with an on-campus shooting on the second day
of classes.
I thought you guys said teachers carrying guns in schools made people safer?
You're absolutely right. We should have added a caveat exempting deranged
Leftists. I suppose we assumed that was just common sense and didn't need
to be said.
Guess how many accidental shootings there are by teachers that AREN'T
carrying guns?
Notice how FPP (not so) cleverly tries to change the subject from
purposeful shootings by deranged Leftists to accidental shootings.
Fucknuts, you put it right there in the Subject Header: "Shoots". The
only reason we're talking about this guy is the fact that HE SHOT HIMSELF.

Notice how Thanny not-so-cleverly wants to ignore the fact that the gun
and the shooting are central to the entire thrust of the post.

So tell us, Perry Mason, would you have posted about him if he hadn't
shot himself?
If so, then why weren't you a week ago?

Wow, are YOU lame at this!
FPP
2018-09-14 01:21:56 UTC
Notice how FPP (not so) cleverly tries to change the subject from
purposeful shootings by deranged Leftists to accidental shootings.
Oh, yes, because people shot accidentally aren't quite as dead as those
shot intentionally.

The whole point of opposing guns in schools is the fact that incidents
like this will hurt more people than they'll save.

And the shooting *was* purposeful. It serves the purpose of showing
what fucking morons those people who want more guns in schools are.

You've demonstrated THAT quite sufficiently, thank you.
Ed Stasiak
2018-09-14 03:51:16 UTC
BRT1701
Mark J. Bird was charged last month with discharging a gun within
a prohibited structure, carrying a concealed weapon without a permit,
and possessing a dangerous weapon on school property
Umm… in case you haven’t noticed, the guy ALREADY broke three gun laws.
trotsky
Wow, if they're broken I hope they can be fixed.
trotsky
2018-09-14 09:29:01 UTC
[...]
Thanny has joined the ranks of Pubie and "RichA" as a stupidity troll.

"Hah! I said something extremely stupid and you responded!"

In their "minds" that's clever.
trotsky
2018-09-14 09:06:59 UTC
A longtime College of Southern Nevada sociology professor is facing
felony gun charges in connection with an on-campus shooting on the second day
of classes.
I thought you guys said teachers carrying guns in schools made people safer?
You're absolutely right. We should have added a caveat exempting deranged
Leftists. I suppose we assumed that was just common sense and didn't need
to be said.
Guess how many accidental shootings there are by teachers that AREN'T
carrying guns?
Notice how FPP (not so) cleverly tries to change the subject from
purposeful shootings by deranged Leftists
How many of those can you name you filthy fucking liar?

Notice how Thanny has to lie and insinuate there are multiple
occurrences when that's just a pile of bullshit. His mental illness
seems to predicate this.

Hey Thanny, what kind of help have you sought with mental health
professionals again?
trotsky
2018-09-14 09:07:55 UTC
A longtime College of Southern Nevada sociology professor is facing
felony gun charges in connection with an on-campus shooting on the second day
of classes.
I thought you guys said teachers carrying guns in schools made people safer?
You're absolutely right. We should have added a caveat exempting deranged
Leftists.
Is there more than one? Because I told you hundred fucking times that a
statistical sampling of one isn't significant.
trotsky
Thanny's so fucked in the head now he doesn't know what he's saying anymore.
Michael OConnor
2018-09-14 06:36:24 UTC
What I find so ironic about this story is that when the Anti Gun crowd will trot out those statistics such as "There have been X school shooting incidents in the past (selected time frame)...", this shooting will be included to their list.
anim8rfsk
2018-09-14 14:13:44 UTC
Post by Michael OConnor
What I find so ironic about this story is that when the Anti Gun crowd will
trot out those statistics such as "There have been X school shooting
incidents in the past (selected time frame)...", this shooting will be
included to their list.
The news does that for everything.

"This is the highest wind during a rainstorm since April 9th"

Idiots
weary flake
2018-09-14 15:31:52 UTC
Post by Michael OConnor
What I find so ironic about this story is that when the Anti Gun crowd
will trot out those statistics such as "There have been X school
shooting incidents in the past (selected time frame)...", this shooting
will be included to their list.
And should be. It's not safe behavior to shoot people on campus, even at
yourself, even with the intention to protest gun violence. Maybe a new
category should be started, "discharging a firearm with intent to commit
Gun Control".