Cruise Nights used to be about white people in muscle cars, not Latinos is silly looking 70's junkers
2021-06-07 22:47:19 UTC
https://www.dpreview.com/interviews/8411325685/interview-kristin-bedford-digs-into-los-angeles-lowrider-culture-with-cruise-night#comments
BTR1701
2021-06-08 00:26:01 UTC
https://www.dpreview.com/interviews/8411325685/interview-kristin-bedford-digs-
into-los-angeles-lowrider-culture-with-cruise-night#comments
These bouncing monstrosities descend on my neighborhood by the beach
every weekend and parade up and down the esplanade jerking and
shuddering and basically looking like the automotive version of an
epileptic fit.

It costs somewhere between $10,000 and $30,000 to outfit one of these
things with all the hydraulics and equipment necessary to make it work.
I'm continually amazed that people are willing to spend that kind of
money to convert their vehicles into jumping, shaking clown cars. I also
wonder how many of these guys with tens of thousands of dollars dumped
into their automotive freak show have baby-mamas all over town on
welfare being supported by the taxpayers while they spend all their
money on these ridiculous bouncing cars.