[NEWS] "Ancient Aliens" being adapted to movie
Add Reply
Your Name
2021-04-08 03:18:48 UTC
"Plot and characters are still being kept under warps" ... what plot?!?
It's just conspiracy nutter garbage. :-\

From ComingSoon.net ...

Legendary to develop film adaptation
of History's Ancient Aliens series
------------------------------------
Legendary and Counterbalance Entertainment are in the process
of developing a film adaptation of Ancient Aliens, based on
History Channel's long-running sci-fi docuseries. The project
hails from Cobra Kai creators Josh Heald, Jon Hurwitz and
Hayden Schlossberg, who are executive producing through their
Counterbalance banner. On top of producing, Heald has also
signed on to helm the film from a screenplay that will be
written by Luke Ryan.

"Helming my first feature with this same dream team who
believed in me very early in my career is incredibly special,"
Heald said in a statement. (via Deadline) "My partners and
I are fired up to produce this epic story with Mary, Cale, and
Luke. It's a homecoming for me personally - and another bold
step for Counterbalance Entertainment."

Further details about the film's plot and characters are still
being kept under wraps, but it is being described as a
two-handed, globe-spanning adventure featuring ancient sites
and artifacts, confronting the theories and questions raised by
the popular docuseries.

Executive produced by the late Kevin Burns, Ancient Aliens made
its debut on the History Channel in 2010 and has been running
on-air for 16 seasons with nearly 200 episodes. Narrated by
Robert Clotworthy, the documentary-style series explores
theories about the existence of extra-terrestrial beings, who
visited Earth during the ancient times, where they supposedly
influence many historical events and cultures.

The Ancient Aliens film marks the feature-length directorial
debut of Heald, who previously directed several episodes of
Cobra Kai which is currently in production for its upcoming
fourth season. The project will be executive produced by Luke
Ryan and Jon Jashni.

<https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1168695-legendary-film-adaptation-ancient-aliens>
Dimensional Traveler
2021-04-08 04:43:49 UTC
Post by Your Name
"Plot and characters are still being kept under warps" ... what plot?!?
It's just conspiracy nutter garbage.   :-\
From ComingSoon.net ...
[...]
Someone owes me ice cream.
--
Troll, troll, troll your post gently down the thread
Angrily, angrily, angrily, the net's a nut's scream.
Ed Stasiak
2021-04-08 21:37:10 UTC
Your Name
2021-04-09 07:55:41 UTC
Post by Your Name
"Plot and characters are still being kept under warps" ... what plot?!?
It's just conspiracy nutter garbage. :-\
I'm guessing it's going to be like that Tom Hanks religious conspiracy movie
whose title escapes me right now, but with space aliens instesd of Jesus.

Trump won.
anim8rfsk
2021-04-09 12:18:03 UTC
Post by Your Name
"Plot and characters are still being kept under warps" ... what plot?!?
It's just conspiracy nutter garbage. :-\
I'm guessing it's going to be like that Tom Hanks religious conspiracy movie
whose title escapes me right now, but with space aliens instesd of Jesus.
DaVinci Cold
I don't know whether to hope that is or isn't your evil spell checker.
anim8rfsk
2021-04-09 14:28:59 UTC
Post by Dimensional Traveler
Post by Your Name
"Plot and characters are still being kept under warps" ... what plot?!?
It's just conspiracy nutter garbage. :-\
I'm guessing it's going to be like that Tom Hanks religious conspiracy movie
whose title escapes me right now, but with space aliens instesd of Jesus.
DaVinci Cold
I don't know whether to hope that is or isn't your evil spell checker.
That one was me. :-)
2021-04-09 13:23:45 UTC
Post by Your Name
"Plot and characters are still being kept under warps" ... what plot?!?
It's just conspiracy nutter garbage. :-\
I'm guessing it's going to be like that Tom Hanks religious conspiracy
movie whose title escapes me right now, but with space aliens instesd
of Jesus.
DaVinci Cold
Yeah, that's the one!

Trump won.
Your Name
The Da Vinci Covid ;-)
Your Name
2021-04-09 20:17:16 UTC
Post by Your Name
"Plot and characters are still being kept under warps" ... what plot?!?
It's just conspiracy nutter garbage. :-\
I'm guessing it's going to be like that Tom Hanks religious conspiracy movie
whose title escapes me right now, but with space aliens instesd of Jesus.
In which case it has nothing really to do with the silly "documentary"
TV show where they supposely "prove" (but never actually remotely do)
that ancient aliens existed. Of course, that would be Hollyweird's
standard method of "adapting" something, but the show's makers and
looney believers aren't going to like it.