Golfer Tests Wuhan+ Mid-Tournament & Is Forced to Withdraw from Competiton
2021-06-07 11:10:19 UTC
This is insane. A perfectly healthy man about to win $2.1 million is told
he is sick and escorted off a golf course. If people don't see something
wrong with this, they're batshit crazy.

After more than a year of this virus histrionics, and we're still pulling
shit like this on people, I don't even know what to say anymore.

https://twitter.com/wxblakeharms/status/1401305182156300290?s=21
trotsky
2021-06-07 12:32:37 UTC
This is insane. A perfectly healthy man about to win $2.1 million is told
he is sick and escorted off a golf course. If people don't see something
wrong with this, they're batshit crazy.
After more than a year of this virus histrionics, and we're still pulling
shit like this on people, I don't even know what to say anymore.
Why don't you help back another armed insurrection you motherfucking
asshole?
thinbluemime CAN"T KEEP A GOOD MIME DOWN
2021-06-07 13:10:46 UTC
This is insane. A perfectly healthy man about to win $2.1 million is told
he is sick and escorted off a golf course. If people don't see something
wrong with this, they're batshit crazy.
After more than a year of this virus histrionics, and we're still pulling
shit like this on people, I don't even know what to say anymore.
https://twitter.com/wxblakeharms/status/1401305182156300290?s=21
The Lottery: You Can't Win If You Don't Play
https://www.google.com/search?q=Ohio+vaccine+Lottery&gs_ivs=1

-------------

Ubiquitous
2021-06-07 13:34:49 UTC
This is insane. A perfectly healthy man about to win $2.1 million is told
he is sick and escorted off a golf course. If people don't see something
wrong with this, they're batshit crazy.
After more than a year of this virus histrionics, and we're still pulling
shit like this on people, I don't even know what to say anymore.
https://twitter.com/wxblakeharms/status/1401305182156300290?s=21
Didn't someone say you cannot catch the Wuhan Flu outside?

Trump won.
anim8rfsk
2021-06-07 13:42:51 UTC
This is insane. A perfectly healthy man about to win $2.1 million is told
he is sick and escorted off a golf course. If people don't see something
wrong with this, they're batshit crazy.
After more than a year of this virus histrionics, and we're still pulling
shit like this on people, I don't even know what to say anymore.
https://twitter.com/wxblakeharms/status/1401305182156300290?s=21
Given his situation I would wonder why he wasn't vaccinated? If I knew
that my job depended upon me passing a Covid test every day it would
seem reasonable to get vaccinated as soon as possible. The only bad
thing I see here is the possibility that the test was wrong which
would be a reason to delay the game until he could get a second test's
results. I know my mom tested positive for the virus but then a full
PCR test showed that she didn't have the virus so false positives can
occur.
thinbluemime CAN"T KEEP A GOOD MIME DOWN
Politics: would you as number two, drop a dime on number one, to win a million bucks?
trotsky
2021-06-07 14:34:03 UTC
[...]
The only logical conclusion is he was an anti vaxxer and he knew he had
Covid and didn't give a shit, so fuck him.
BTR1701
2021-06-07 17:50:25 UTC
This is insane. A perfectly healthy man about to win $2.1 million is told
he is sick and escorted off a golf course. If people don't see something
wrong with this, they're batshit crazy.
After more than a year of this virus histrionics, and we're still pulling
shit like this on people, I don't even know what to say anymore.
https://twitter.com/wxblakeharms/status/1401305182156300290?s=21
Given his situation I would wonder why he wasn't vaccinated?
Maybe he has one of those two dozen or so medical conditions they asked
me about before giving me the vaccine.
shawn
2021-06-07 20:07:50 UTC
This is insane. A perfectly healthy man about to win $2.1 million is told
he is sick and escorted off a golf course. If people don't see something
wrong with this, they're batshit crazy.
After more than a year of this virus histrionics, and we're still pulling
shit like this on people, I don't even know what to say anymore.
https://twitter.com/wxblakeharms/status/1401305182156300290?s=21
Given his situation I would wonder why he wasn't vaccinated?
Maybe he has one of those two dozen or so medical conditions they asked
me about before giving me the vaccine.
In which case I would have expected him to be wearing a mask even
though he was outside. For instance when he is removed he is the only
one of the four not wearing a mask. So he and his caddy weren't
wearing a mask while the two other people talking with him were
wearing a mask. Also he said something about "Not again" which makes
me think this isn't the first time he was pulled from a tournament for
testing positive.
shawn
2021-06-07 22:40:59 UTC
This is insane. A perfectly healthy man about to win $2.1 million is told
he is sick and escorted off a golf course. If people don't see something
wrong with this, they're batshit crazy.
After more than a year of this virus histrionics, and we're still pulling
shit like this on people, I don't even know what to say anymore.
https://twitter.com/wxblakeharms/status/1401305182156300290?s=21
Given his situation I would wonder why he wasn't vaccinated?
Maybe he has one of those two dozen or so medical conditions they asked
me about before giving me the vaccine.
In which case I would have expected him to be wearing a mask even
though he was outside.
Why?
Because he's going to be around people all day long. For one he's by
his caddy all day and likely near other golfers as the day goes on.
Also because he had already tested positive earlier in the day as
Horace posted.
Post by shawn
Also he said something about "Not again" which makes me think this isn't
the first time he was pulled from a tournament for testing positive.
Or he was referencing someone else this happened to.
As Horace pointed out he had been tested earlier in the day and tested
positive. So that's two positive tests in one day which makes it
highly likely he does have the virus.
BTR1701
2021-06-08 00:16:50 UTC
This is insane. A perfectly healthy man about to win $2.1 million
is told he is sick and escorted off a golf course. If people
don't see something wrong with this, they're batshit crazy.
After more than a year of this virus histrionics, and we're still
pulling shit like this on people, I don't even know what to say
anymore.
https://twitter.com/wxblakeharms/status/1401305182156300290?s=21
Given his situation I would wonder why he wasn't vaccinated?
Maybe he has one of those two dozen or so medical conditions they asked
me about before giving me the vaccine.
In which case I would have expected him to be wearing a mask even
though he was outside.
Why?
Because he's going to be around people all day long.
No, he's going to briefly encounter people for a few seconds at a time
outdoors in a dispersing breeze and in virus-killing sunlight.

There has literally never been even one documented case of the virus
being transmitted that way anywhere in the world.

You'd have a better chance of being struck by lightning while winning
the lottery than catching Wuhan that way. The risk is so infinitesimal
that if PGA officials are going to worry about it, then one wonders why
they're not taking similar hysterical precautions about all the other
highly unlikely but technically possible risks to the safety of the
golfers and the fans that are present at every tournament.
Post by shawn
For one he's by his caddy all day
No, he's by his caddy for a few seconds as he takes the club from him.
Not the 15+ minutes of direct exposure necessary to transmit Wuhan. But
if the caddy is worried, he can wear a mask. I mean, masks supposedly
work, right?

and likely near other golfers as the day goes on.

Again, for nowhere even close to the length of time required to
transmit. Regardless, the PGA still has distancing rules in place. He
could just keep away from the other golfers and they from each other.
Golf ain't a team sport. No need for any of them to interact closely
with one another.
moviePig
2021-06-08 02:44:16 UTC
Post by shawn
For one he's by his caddy all day
No, he's by his caddy for a few seconds as he takes the club from him.
Not the 15+ minutes of direct exposure necessary to transmit Wuhan. But
if the caddy is worried, he can wear a mask. I mean, masks supposedly
work, right?
and likely near other golfers as the day goes on.
Again, for nowhere even close to the length of time required to
transmit. Regardless, the PGA still has distancing rules in place. He
could just keep away from the other golfers and they from each other.
Golf ain't a team sport. No need for any of them to interact closely
with one another.
https://www.dispatch.com/story/sports/2021/06/06/jon-rahm-jack-nicklaus-memorial-tournament-pga-tour-covid-19/7572795002/

--------
“Why can’t Rahm play the final round by himself?”

Answers:

1. Making an exception for Rahm would be unfair to the other three tour
players who were forced to withdraw after testing positive during an
event since the tour returned to competition one year ago.

2. Competitive equity. Sending Rahm out as a single would create
advantages not available to other players participating as twosomes.

...as Nicklaus put it, “He put himself into a position to get exposed.
How, I don’t know.”
--------

shawn
2021-06-07 22:43:09 UTC
On Mon, 07 Jun 2021 17:18:03 -0400, Horace LaBadie
[...]
It was his second positive test that day, and thus "again." It confirmed
the first test. The PGA's Covid protocol allowed him to play that week,
after being exposed to the virus, on the condition that he be tested
daily and have negative results. He put on a mask after being informed
of the result.
Hmm, so if he had tested positive earlier in the day then I'm a bit
surprised he (and his caddy) weren't already wearing masks. Yes, even
though they were outside I think given a positive test result and
being near the caddy all day and likely other people throughout the
day wearing a mask doesn't seem unreasonable.
Horace LaBadie
2021-06-07 23:54:53 UTC
[...]
It would depend on who among them in that pair of golfers and caddies
were either partially or fully immunized. One assumes that the contact
tracing protocol will be in effect for that group.
RichA
Golf courses in Toronto make you sign a waver about getting hit by a ball, stuck by lightning, etc.
moviePig
2021-06-07 14:23:30 UTC
This is insane. A perfectly healthy man about to win $2.1 million is told
he is sick and escorted off a golf course. If people don't see something
wrong with this, they're batshit crazy.
After more than a year of this virus histrionics, and we're still pulling
shit like this on people, I don't even know what to say anymore.
https://twitter.com/wxblakeharms/status/1401305182156300290?s=21
Firstly, he wasn't told he's sick, he was told he's dangerous.

And, however superfluous your personal expertise finds the PGA rules,
without them there'd have been no $2.1m prize for anyone to play for.
trotsky
Nice takedown of his Derpian logic.
number6
2021-06-07 22:35:48 UTC
He's playing golf outside far away from other people ... he was only dangerous to those who came and told him and then hugged him ...
RichA
Also, outdoors? Easily able to maintain a six-foot rule? Talk about paranoid on their part.
Rhino
2021-06-07 15:14:10 UTC
This is insane. A perfectly healthy man about to win $2.1 million is told
he is sick and escorted off a golf course. If people don't see something
wrong with this, they're batshit crazy.
After more than a year of this virus histrionics, and we're still pulling
shit like this on people, I don't even know what to say anymore.
https://twitter.com/wxblakeharms/status/1401305182156300290?s=21
I don't get it: why did they force him off the golf course? Why not just
insist he wear a mask and gloves and keep his distance? They keep
telling us that will prevent the spread of the virus so why isn't that
good enough?