Conservatives: "White Nationalism Must Remain A Protected Core Value"
Eddie
2019-08-10 15:24:16 UTC
Extermination is the only option.

Right Wing Terrorism on the Rise

The radicalism of the 1960s and 1970s was followed by the
conservatism of the Reagan era, in mainstream America.
Political violence too, took a turn to the right. In the 1980s,
white supremacist and neo-Nazi groups such as Aryan Nation saw
a resurgence, often among working class white males, who
perceived themselves as displaced by women, African Americans,
Jews, and immigrants who benefited from new civil rights
legislation.

Terrorism in the name of Christianity also surged in the 1980s
and 1990s. Radical groups and individuals committed to violent
action to stop abortion were among the most visible. Michael
Bray, head of a group called the Army of God spent four years
in prison for his abortion clinic bombings in the 1980s.

In 1999, the most lethal act of domestic violence to date
occurred when Timothy McVeigh bombed the Alfred P. Murrah
building in Oklahoma City, killing 168 people. McVeigh's stated
motivation--revenge against a federal government that he viewed
as intrusive and oppressive, was an extreme version of more
mainstream desire among many for a smaller government. Dean
Harvey Hicks, a citizen angry over his taxes, for example,
created the one-man terrorist group "Up the IRS, Inc." and
tried to bomb IRS locations.

More:
http://terrorism.about.com/od/originshistory/a/US_Terro...

Tea-Bagging: Right-Wing (Republican) Terrorism and Racism In
America
http://www.politicalarticles.net/Tea-Bagging-Right-Wing...

Byron Williams attack follows numerous right-wing terrorism
incidents in recent years October 11, 2010 7:16 am ET — 3
Comments

As journalist John Hamilton wrote, Byron Williams was arrested
after he allegedly opened fire on California Highway Patrol
officers. Williams reportedly told investigators that "his
intention was to start a revolution by traveling to San
Francisco and killing people of importance at the Tides
Foundation and the ACLU." Williams' alleged actions follow
numerous right-wing terrorism attacks in past years.

More:
http://mediamatters.org/research/201010110016

he Domestic Terrorism of America's Right Wing
Posted by Dominic Holden on Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 8:36 AM

The Buffalo News reports on the fourth case of
vandalism—domestic terrorism, if you will—of Democratic
offices:

The window broken Friday at the Niagara Falls office of Rep.
Louise M. Slaughter, D-Fairport, was one of at least four cases
of vandalism targeting Democratic offices across the country
late last week during the debate over health care reform.

A window was also broken at the Monroe County Democratic
headquarters in Rochester. In Tuscon, Ariz., a window at the
office of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords also was broken. And at
Democratic headquarters in Sedgewick County, Kan., a brick with
anti-Obama and anti-health care messages was thrown.

In the South, militia man and organizer for the right Mike
Vanderboeghsays that the bricks are simply an alternative to
rifles:

"We can break their windows,” he said. “Break them NOW. And if
we do a proper job, if we break the windows of hundreds,
thousands, of Democrat party headquarters across this country,
we might just wake up enough of them to make defending
ourselves at the muzzle of a rifle unnecessary.”

But it sounds like the head of the Republican Party is ready to
put Nancy Pelosi in front of a one of those rifles:

More:
http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2010/03/24/th...

Homeland Security Report Warns Of Rising Right-Wing Extremism
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/14/homeland-secur...

The question of right-wing terrorism
http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/question-right-wing...

The Return of Christian Terrorism
Threats of right-wing violence have doubled in the past year.
What is behind the latest upsurge in the movement to create a
Christian theocratic state?
http://www.alternet.org/belief/146438/the_return_of_chr...

Neo-Nazis Arrested in Mail Bombing
Domestic Terrorism
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-repo...

Terror, American Style
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-repo...

Common-Law Victims
'Paper terrorism' isn't just on paper
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-repo...

Anti-Abortion Violence
Two decades of arson, bombs and murder
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-repo...

Would-Be Clinic Bomber Gets 40 Years
Anti-Abortion Violence
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-repo...

Former Klansman Admits Plot to Bomb Migrants
Domestic Terrorism
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-repo...

Escape Artist Threatens Abortion Clinics
Terrorism
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-repo...

Militia Arrests Derail Murder Schemes
Domestic Terrorism
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-repo...

Bloody Kehoe gang's exploits detailed
Terrorism
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-repo...

Gunman Murders Army Recruiter
Domestic Terrorism
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-repo...

'Aryans' Accused of Mosque Firebombing
Anti-Islamic Terrorism
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-repo...

Domestic terrorism: New trouble at home
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2004-11-14-domestic...

New SPLC Report Details 75 Radical Plots, Rampages
Posted in Anti-Immigrant, White Supremacist by Mark Potok on
July 1, 2009
http://www.splcenter.org/blog/2009/07/01/new-splc-repor... /

{AZ} Hate Crime Attacker Uses Homemade Chemical Weapon
Arizona Daily Star
August 2, 2009
A noxious gas cloud that killed birds, a rabbit and a cat was
the result of a racially motivated crime attack using a
homemade chemical weapon, police said.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:WS...

Tea Party Terrorist Crashes Plane Into Government Building
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

The Axis of the Obsessed and Deranged, By FRANK RICH <-- *READ
THIS*
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

The First Tea-Party Terrorist?
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/23/the-fir...

Tea Party Brews Terrorism
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/26695

Two (Ed and Elaine) Brown supporters now face explosives
charges Topic started by IanDB1 on Jan-14-08 08:14 AM (1
replies) Last modified by pattmarty on Jan-14-08 08:40 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

New Hampshire tax evader threatens police
Topic started by IanDB1 on Aug-11-07 06:53 PM (0 replies)
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

Feds allow Ruby Ridge's Randall Weaver to visit NH Domestic
Terrorists during stand-off Topic started by IanDB1 on
Jun-20-07 03:04 PM (10 replies) Last modified by Caution on
Jun-22-07 10:34 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

Bush faces his own Ruby Ridge or Waco in New Hampshire as
domestic terrorist militia nuts take stand Topic started by
IanDB1 on Jan-23-07 09:21 AM (24 replies) Last modified by
GreenZoneLT on Jan-24-07 08:02 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

Sarah Palin: Alaska First Separatist Address
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

PALIN’S INVOLVEMENT WITH ALASKAN SEPARATIST MOVEMENT EXPOSED
http://www.recoveringliberal.com/?p=1419

Why Palin's connection with Alaskan separatists party is
troubling
http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/60194-why-palins...

Todd Palin Was Registered Member of Alaska Independence Party
Until 2002
http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/09/todd_...

Palin Was Once A Member of Radical Separatists Militia (the
AIP) http://forums.signonsandiego.com/showthread.php?t=87884

Brockton police draw guns, take man making threats into custody
(Father of Anti-Obama Spree Killer) Topic started by Ian David
on Dec-28-09 04:42 PM (23 replies) Last modified by Ian David
on Dec-29-09 09:16 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

Head of a minuteman group arrested for double homicide
Topic started by AlphaCentauri on Jun-13-09 10:33 AM (136
replies) Last modified by Concordia on Jun-16-09 01:18 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

Report Links Brooklyn Mosque to Saudi Hate Material
Topic started by Rose Siding on Jan-31-05 10:27 AM (16 replies)
Last modified by DulceDecorum on Jan-31-05 04:31 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

44 Percent In U.S. Poll Say Restrict Muslims
Topic started by Placebo on Dec-17-04 08:27 PM (118 replies)
Last modified by darboy on Dec-21-04 11:31 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

White supremacist murder defendant stable after suicide attempt
Topic started by Ian David on Apr-01-10 02:42 PM (11 replies)
Last modified by aikoaiko on Apr-02-10 09:09 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

Richard Poplowski, American Terrorist, Killed Three Peace
Officers Topic started by johnfunk on Apr-04-09 08:12 PM (32
replies) Last modified by johnfunk on Apr-04-09 11:48 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

Eight episodes of right-wing extremist violence in four and a
half months. Fri Jun-12-09 02:48 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

Feds: Hospital Gunman Threatened Obama, Clinton
Topic started by sabra on Sep-07-10 04:39 PM (11 replies)
Last modified by IndianaGreen on Sep-07-10 05:25 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

Even in online role-playing games, Conservatives have to commit
suicide-by-cop. Topic started by Ian David on Sep-02-09 10:32
PM (15 replies) Last modified by rcrush on Sep-03-09 12:17 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

Fairbanks man accused of bulldozer threat to (Census) worker
Topic started by sabra on Jun-28-10 03:18 PM (13 replies)
Last modified by sandnsea on Jun-28-10 07:51 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

#GOP candidate Broden says violent overthrow of govt 'on the
table' http://tinyurl.com/38f6p9n

Report Details #TeaParty Ties with #Hate Groups
http://tinyurl.com/28jx7ps

RT @HuffPostPol: Rep. Raul Grijalva's office on lockdown after
receiving suspicious swastika-covered package.
http://huff.to/96wQcI

Anti-#abortion movement solicits murders #GWOT
http://tinyurl.com/39u5maa

"Glenn Beck paranoid, misleading and hateful" inspires violence
http://tinyurl.com/28glrb4

NAACP Report Ties #TeaParty to #Militia & #Racist Groups
http://tinyurl.com/32lp2lf

DOJ Probing #TX #Teabaggers For Voter Intimidation.
http://tinyurl.com/2uaxb4w

Gunman Cites #GlennBeck as Inspiration for Plot Against ACLU
http://tinyurl.com/2c9kpv6

Texan faces charges for posting Obama death threat
http://tinyurl.com/3823fq7

RT @equalitopia: Dan Manning, openly gay Kansas House
candidate, receives death threats at home http://lev.me/8xa

SlideShow: Offensive #TeaParty Signs & Audio of Death Threat
#NAACP Received http://tinyurl.com/3yvhxb3

Texan faces charges for posting Obama death threat
http://tinyurl.com/3823fq7

Police investigate threat letter to Bobby Rush
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

New York times investigates envelope with powder (anthrax,
death threats)
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

The FBI has charged over 40 people with mailing 'white powder'.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

The scene outside Rep. Weiner's office today - pics
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

Man who used credit card to mail bogus anthrax threat pleads
guilty
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

'NY Post' Makes Fun of MSNBC's Olbermann Getting Letter (white
powder)
Byker
2019-08-10 23:26:24 UTC
Terrorism in the name of Christianity also surged in the 1980s and 1990s.
Radical groups and individuals committed to violent action to stop
abortion were among the most visible. Michael Bray, head of a group called
the Army of God spent four years in prison for his abortion clinic
bombings in the 1980s.
You ain't seen nothin' yet. Give it time. When things get bad enough, it's
entirely possible to twist Scripture around to produce Christian suicide
bombers...
Jesus Jihad: Could There Be a Christian Bin Laden?

by Jonny Scaramanga

I recently made the controversial claim that I could have been a suicide
bomber: https://tinyurl.com/yava6soe

I claimed that my faith was so devout, and my ability for critical thought
so crippled, that if someone had shown me an interpretation of Scripture
that made it seem like God's will, I would have killed for the faith. And I
was depressed enough to kill myself, because fundamentalism doesn't offer
any real answers.

Of course, Christians will deny a Biblical basis for such actions is
possible. But Islamic scholars claim such a reading of the Koran is equally
unsustainable, yet suicide bombers exist, and only preposterously
politically-correct liberal commentators deny that faith is a motivating
factor. So today I'll show that, in principle, there's no reason why a
Christian suicide bomber couldn't arise. Here's what their propaganda
leaflets might look like:

A dead, bearded, Middle Eastern man. Do not confuse with Jesus.

Jesus has called us to bring the world to Him. But today, we have let the
godless throw Him out. God is blasphemed on television every day. A
holocaust of God's children sees millions of babies murdered in abortion
clinics across the world. Muslims, the followers of the devil, immigrate to
our country every day and open Mosques in rejection of the One True Lord.
They are accorded respect, while Christianity is marginalized and prayer to
God in council meetings is banned. Homosexuals are accorded respect by the
established church, when God told us they would not inherit his kingdom (1
Corinthians 6:9). We see our God mocked and yet we stand by and do nothing.
It is time to take action. Jesus told us this would be necessary:

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace,
but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and
the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother
in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he
that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And he that
taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. He that
findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake
shall find it.

Matthew 10:34-39, see also Luke 12:51-53

We have ignored God's Word and become unequally yoked with unbelievers (2
Corinthians 6:14), allowing Godless men to run our country. We have become
friends of the world, and God has removed His hand of protection.

Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the
world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world
is the enemy of God.

James 4:4

The results of this are plain to see. Our country has been hit by terrorist
attacks and an economic recession as the blessing of God is taken from us.
It is time to attack, just as God commanded His children to destroy the
Hittites, the Girgashites, the Amonites, the Canaanites, the Perizzites, the
Hivites, and the Jebusites:

And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite
them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor
shew mercy unto them.

Deuteronomy 7:2

We must not fail in this mission. God commands us to put to death
blasphemers, those who ignore the Sabbath, homosexuals, psychics, and
children who refuse to obey the LORD's commands through their parents.
Today, we let disobedient children run riot, when Jesus Himself told us
disobedient children must die. And the LORD Jesus specifically told us we
must keep the commands of the Law.

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one
tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever
therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men
so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever
shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of
heaven.

Matthew 5:18-19

In the Book of Revelation, Jesus tells the church at Thyatira that he has "a
few things against" the church, because they it tolerates fornication. Let
us not be like them, for Jesus tells us He will give us according to our
works. We must fulfil the words of God's prophetic book, and kill the
fornicating children of Jezebel.

Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest
that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to
seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto
idols. And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented
not. Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with
her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will
kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that am he
which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you
according to your works.

Revelation 2:20-23

So brothers, let us unleash the promised vengeance of the LORD, knowing the
glory of eternal life we will receive as God's reward.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the
ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much
fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in
this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

John 12:24-25

What I Am Not Saying
I am not saying that this is a coherent reading of the Bible, or that this
is what Christians believe. I am not pretending that a competent theologian
(or just someone who's read the Bible) could not thoroughly rebut this
argument.

What I Am Saying
1) Christians who cherry pick violent verses from the Koran as an attack on
Muslims are being hypocritical.

2) If you claim, as fundamentalists do, that the Bible is 100% consistent,
equally and in all parts the Word of God, and intended to be taken
literally, there is no logical way around this argument.

3) Fundamentalism offers no bulwark against this kind of thing happening,
because it disables the one weapon we have against it: logical reasoning.

4) Because fundamentalism teaches that all Scripture is equal, without
error, and without contradiction, a credulous fundamentalist could fall for
this. Someone making the argument above would have to explain away a few
well-known verses about love (etc.), but this could be done by saying that
those who have repeatedly rejected God do not deserve this love.

Is This Likely?

It's not as unlikely as apologists want to think. Alice Miller has argued
very strongly that authoritarian parenting and strict corporal punishment
helped to form Adolf Hitler's character. Professor David Berliner further
argues that this parenting style is remarkably similar to that advocated by
Christian fundamentalists in their books on child-rearing.

There is already evidence in America that fundamentalists see themselves as
a persecuted minority. I often discuss with Adam Laats, who takes a much
more generous attitude to the Christian Right than me, the way
fundamentalist America views itself as marginalized. If they also suffer in
an economic depression and view atheists or other religions as receiving
preferential treatment (regardless of the accuracy of that perception), a
fundamentalist Christian terrorist is not beyond the realms of imagination.

Arguably, instances of Christian terrorism are already occurring. The Army
of God explicitly uses the Bible to support bombing abortion clinics and
murdering abortionists at their website (warning: contains shocking images).
Of course, evangelicals will distance themselves from this, saying these
people "aren't true Christians." But that defense doesn't work. If you
insist that all Scripture is equally the Word of God, and that the Bible is
100% consistent, then you cannot logically denounce any argument supported
by Bible verses. Furthermore, the reading of Scripture I've used above does
not contradict any of the core tenets of conservative Christian faith.

As I already said, I was a devout, Bible-believing, conservative,
fundamentalist Christian and I'm sure that, aged 14, if a charismatic youth
leader had tried to persuade me of this, I could have gone for it. And it
would have been the belief itself that motivated me primarily.

I am using this extreme example to make a more important point: If you truly
believe something, you will act on it. Faith can make good people do evil
things. This is why fundamentalism must be fought.

https://tinyurl.com/yxel7nny
RichA
2019-08-11 00:56:28 UTC
Well, it's real *something*...