Tonight's SVU
Add Reply
mogulah@hotmail.com
2021-11-25 22:10:22 UTC
What is going on with tonight's SVU? It's only on two channels, neither of
which I get with my cable package, instead of the panoply of channels it's
normally on on a Thursday night. What's more, it's listed as a *repeat*.
This is a sweeps month! It should be a new episode, and it should be on a
lot more channels!

I demand an explanation for this violation of the natural order of things!
kensi
2021-11-26 03:35:45 UTC
Post by ***@hotmail.com
What is going on with tonight's SVU? It's only on two channels, neither of
which I get with my cable package, instead of the panoply of channels it's
normally on on a Thursday night.
I don't know; it's bizarre.
Post by ***@hotmail.com
What's more, it's listed as a *repeat*. This is a sweeps month! It should
be a new episode, and it should be on a lot more channels!
Indeed.
Post by ***@hotmail.com
I demand an explanation for this violation of the natural order of things!
"Natural order of things"? It's TV. It doesn't get much more artificial.

That being said, what they've done with SVU tonight is absolutely a
serious breach of social and industry norms, the punishment for which is
already baked into the cake. The terrible ratings they'll get for
tonight's ep will come back to haunt them in the form of poor
advertising revenue during SVU for the next three months. Or longer, if
they fail to learn from this and don't pull their numbers back up during
February sweeps ...
in here." ~Checkmate
mogulah@hotmail.com
2021-11-27 01:23:37 UTC
Post by kensi
Post by ***@hotmail.com
What is going on with tonight's SVU? It's only on two channels, neither of
which I get with my cable package, instead of the panoply of channels it's
normally on on a Thursday night.
I don't know; it's bizarre.
:(
Post by ***@hotmail.com
I demand an explanation for this violation of the natural order of things!
"Natural order of things"? It's TV. It doesn't get much more artificial.
That being said, what they've done with SVU tonight is absolutely a
serious breach of social and industry norms, the punishment for which is
already baked into the cake. The terrible ratings they'll get for
tonight's ep will come back to haunt them in the form of poor
advertising revenue during SVU for the next three months. Or longer, if
they fail to learn from this and don't pull their numbers back up during
February sweeps ...
And then they'll cancel the show because of "poor ratings" that THEY CAUSED,
just as they did with Firefly, and the original Star Trek, and oh, so many
other shows.

Why do they do this shit? To weasel out of contracts with actors or some
such greedy BS?
kensi