Amazon Confirms That Season 6 of THE EXPANSE Will Be Its Last
2020-11-24 18:53:57 UTC
As per:

https://press.amazonstudios.com/us/en/press-release/amazon-studios-picks-up-fan-favorite-sci-fi-s

On the one hand, there are supposedly nine books in the novel series,
so the last 3 won't be covered by the TV show.

OTOH, 6 seasons for a show like this is a pretty good run. I don't
think I can look this gift horse in the mouth...
2020-11-24 19:29:47 UTC
https://press.amazonstudios.com/us/en/press-release/amazon-studios-picks-up-fan-favorite-sci-fi-s
So Amazon doesn't like the expense of the Expanse?
BTR1701
Good, once it's over, I can start from the beginning and plow through it.
Rhino
2020-11-25 15:30:21 UTC
https://press.amazonstudios.com/us/en/press-release/amazon-studios-picks-up-fan-favorite-sci-fi-s
On the one hand, there are supposedly nine books in the novel series, so
the last 3 won't be covered by the TV show.
You're assuming that they are using a "one book per season" principle;
they're not. As I recall, the first season covered the first book and
roughly half of the second book. (Or maybe it was the first season and a
half that covered the first book?) In any case, they definitely AREN'T
doing one book per season.

I'm not sure about the other seasons since I'm not that far into the
books but it's possible that they will have covered all the books by the
end of Season 6.

Of course, "James A. Corey" may write additional books at some point; I
have no idea what their plans are for the (book) series.
2020-11-25 15:52:56 UTC
On Wed, 25 Nov 2020 10:30:21 -0500, Rhino
https://press.amazonstudios.com/us/en/press-release/amazon-studios-picks-up-fan-favorite-sci-fi-s
On the one hand, there are supposedly nine books in the novel series, so
the last 3 won't be covered by the TV show.
You're assuming that they are using a "one book per season" principle;
they're not. As I recall, the first season covered the first book and
roughly half of the second book. (Or maybe it was the first season and a
half that covered the first book?) In any case, they definitely AREN'T
doing one book per season.
I'm not sure about the other seasons since I'm not that far into the
books but it's possible that they will have covered all the books by the
end of Season 6.
I don't know if they intend to close out the story with six seasons or
not but hopefully whatever they do leaves us with a reasonable
conclusion in case the show doesn't get picked up by anyone else.
Post by Rhino
Of course, "James A. Corey" may write additional books at some point; I
have no idea what their plans are for the (book) series.
I wouldn't doubt that the JAC duo may write additional books in this
universe but it won't be about this particular crew and story line.