What Did You Watch? 2018-06-12 (Tuesday)
2018-06-13 14:03:59 UTC

THE AVENGERS:
"The Danger Makers". Steed investigates a general who was killed
playing "chicken" on a motorcycle.

THE AVENGERS:
"Touch of Brimstone". A modern day Hellfire Club, led by libertine John
Cleverly Cartney, plans to incite chaos by killing three foreign Prime
Ministers. Oooh, it's that ep with Mrs. Peal dressed as the "Queen of
Sin"!

CHARLIE'S ANGELS:
"Death on Wheels". The probe into the death of a rollergames star turns
up a scheme to defraud an insurance executive.

2018-06-13 14:28:01 UTC
I didn't watch much:

Code Black (recorded) - "Cabin Pressure" (ep. #3.5) - finally got back
to watching the first of the two episodes aired on May 30. This one was
probably better than the follow-up episode, "Hell's Heart": Savetti,
then Rorish (and Ariel), have to talk a 12-year old girl in a
single-engine airplane into somehow reviving her pilot Mom, who's had a
heart attack and is unconscious, leaving the plane on auto-pilot which
not much fuel... I really liked this storyline.
In the 'C' storyline, a racist won't let Campbell operate on him,
leaving Leighton in charge of the surgery (and probably in over his
head!) - I liked the ending of this storyline (even Campbell smirked!).
The 'B' storyline was the weak link here, as Willis and Rox the
paramedic are held hostage by a criminal who wants them to save his
gun-shot girlfriend.

The Bold Type (SQUIGGLE!!) - "Feminist Army" and "Rose Colored Glasses"
(ep's #2.1-2.2, the second season premiere).
There was a change in show-runners between seasons, and something
was certainly "off" with this season premiere, esp. with the first
episode. The Sutton (Meghann Fahy) parts continued to be as strong as
season #1, and the Jane (Katie Stevens) parts were about as good
(though seemingly deemphasized in comparison to season #1). But in
season #1, the show had deftly managed the Kat (Aisha Dee) portions,
generally succeeding in not making them annoying - but, here, I found
the Kat parts to be no longer as deftly handled, and so found them to
be generally annoying.
Fortunately, they did give Melora Hardin a couple of good scenes,
esp. one where she got to "mother hen" Sutton. Stephen Conrad Moore
(Sutton's fashion dept. boss) and Nikohl Boosheri (Kat's muslim lesbian
girlfriend) have been added to the cast; surprisingly, they kept Sam
Page and Matt Ward on - considering how little both had to do in season
#1 (esp. Ward), I expected them to be turfed off the show...
Anyway, I did like the development at the end of episode #2.2, re:
Jane. But, so far, I'd say season #2 is not stacking up to the levels
that season #1 managed.
2018-06-13 14:57:30 UTC
Same.
Animal Kingdom - The Center Will Hold" - J struggles to manage his
girlfriends and criminal enterprises while Smurf does her part from
prison. Good episode, but with so many moving parts I'm starting to
lose track of who is doing what.

Humans - Max's role of leader of the British robots comes under
challenge. He posed some good logistical questions to his would be
usurper which she seemed to acknowledge were valid, but didn't care.
Meanwhile Laura is forced to get an orange eyed robot which at first she
resists but soon starts to accept. I wish the scene when the orange
eyed robot was questioned about his thoughts on the situation had gone
on longer, but I guess it wouldn't really have any thoughts about it one
way or the other so it doesn't matter.

On a side note, does anyone know what happened to Obveeus? He hasn't
posted in a while. Did he go on vacation?
suzeeq
2018-06-13 15:00:23 UTC
[...]
Yes, it was mentioned a couple days ago that he seems to disappear about
this time of year.
Ian J. Ball
2018-06-13 15:44:41 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
On a side note, does anyone know what happened to Obveeus? He hasn't
posted in a while. Did he go on vacation?
Yes, it was mentioned a couple days ago that he seems to disappear
about this time of year.
FTR, that was just my assumption. He has disappeared in the past, for
about a week a time, and then comes back.

However, I will say that he seems to be gone longer this time, so I'm
starting to second-guess my assumption...

Ian (Also, Icebreaker isn't posting much these days, which is another
shame... :( )
2018-06-13 17:28:49 UTC
Post by suzeeq
On a side note, does anyone know what happened to Obveeus?  He hasn't
posted in a while.  Did he go on vacation?
Yes, it was mentioned a couple days ago that he seems to disappear
about this time of year.
FTR, that was just my assumption. He has disappeared in the past, for
about a week a time, and then comes back.
It's good practice to not announce when going away on vacation. I was
reluctant to even ask. But thought if he did already say it, it would be OK.

A little over a year from now when I suddenly and mysteriously stop
posting for an entire week...
Post by Ian J. Ball
However, I will say that he seems to be gone longer this time, so I'm
starting to second-guess my assumption...
Ian  (Also, Icebreaker isn't posting much these days, which is another
shame...  :(  )
Maybe it's ES or some other server they use. I wasn't able to post for
a couple of days due to ES randomly going down.
suzeeq
Ian uses ES I think and there would be a lot less posts if it was down.
David Barnett
2018-06-13 22:52:01 UTC
Post by suzeeq
On a side note, does anyone know what happened to Obveeus? He hasn't
posted in a while. Did he go on vacation?
Ian (Also, Icebreaker isn't posting much these days, which is another
shame... :( )
Maybe it's ES or some other server they use. I wasn't able to post for
a couple of days due to ES randomly going down.
Ian uses ES I think and there would be a lot less posts if it was down.
I am receiving fewer posts from ES.
David Barnett
Dimensional Traveler
2018-06-13 22:55:24 UTC
Post by suzeeq
shame... :( )
Maybe it's ES or some other server they use. I wasn't able to post for
a couple of days due to ES randomly going down.
Ian uses ES I think and there would be a lot less posts if it was down.
I am receiving fewer posts from ES.
This is a post from ES.
instinct are running screaming.
BTR1701
2018-06-13 15:56:29 UTC
Animal Kingdom - The Center Will Hold" - J struggles to manage his
girlfriends
His new Mexican girl is a smokeshow, even if she is a bit of a
psychopath.
David Barnett
2018-06-13 22:47:15 UTC
On Tuesday June 12 I watched:

GOTHAM: One of My Three Soups
Not the best of this season's episodes IMO.
Grade B

BLINDSPOT: Clamorous Night
Becoming a bit like AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.,
In that they're in trouble all the time.
Grade B

AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D: The Devil Complex
Grade B+

HINTERLAND: 3x4 (Netflix)
Show final.
A sort of Agatha Christie like ending