Super snarks – NCIS-LA–JAG - Decoy 10/6/19
2019-10-08 05:00:38 UTC
Super snarks – NCIS-LA–JAG - Decoy 10/6/19

A guy on a motorcycle enters a convenience store to buy some beer, foils a
robbery in progress, and, in the best tradition of Mark Harmon on The West
Wing, gets himself murdered for his trouble.

This is a very strange episode. Hetty is not in it nor is her absence
mentioned. Eric is at his new (temp?) job in ‘frisco and unseen by all,
including Nell. Callen and Sam are in Tel Aviv pulling third string duty on a
completely pointless drug bust. Deeks has to make a mandatory appearance at
LAPD for training and policy updates and never comes back. The previously on
segment shows Captain Harmon Rabb Junior but he neither appears nor is
mentioned in the episode itself. Since Nell and Kensi are the only two people
at headquarters (even the usual dozens of milling extras get the week off)
they spend a disordinate amount of time telling each other things they both
already know for the audience’s benefit. Strict adherence to the laws of
conservation of characters tells us who the bad guys are. Strict adherence to
the laws of the Awful Arrow have the heroes kill all the minions while taking
the despicable bad guys alive. Nothing of interest happens at all.

The End
2019-10-08 05:55:29 UTC
[...]
I sense a disturbing lack of super and non-super effort behind this review.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?"
anim8rfsk
2019-10-08 13:36:29 UTC
Post by Dimensional Traveler
Post by anim8rfsk
[...]
There wasn't anything there to snark!

What we learned is that the team dynamic isn't there when the team isn't
together.

Which those of us on this side of the tube already knew.
tenworld
2019-10-08 14:08:23 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
[...]
was the 9 year gap due to rights held by Donald Bellisario? It seems like they
are re-writing and rebooting JAG (thus your title for this thread) so they
would need to either have paid off DB or his copyright expired
anim8rfsk
2019-10-08 17:43:38 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
[...]
No, they paid off the judge and won against Bellisario; NCIS is officially
not based on JAG, Shane created it out of whole cloth in season 3.
And McProbie has talked to Bud on the phone since then. They've mentioned Mac
and Harm on NCIS Old White Men, but this is the first time we've seen them.
Patrick Labyorteaux has been on NCIS 3 times, in seasons 1, 14, and 15. John
M. Jackson appeared as Chegwidden on NCIS OWM in season 10, and of course has
been on NCISLA half a dozen times. Alicia Coppola reprised her JAG role on
NCIS OWM but plays a different character on NCISLA. Let's not get started on
Zoe McLellan as Coates ...
2019-10-08 19:17:55 UTC
Post by tenworld
was the 9 year gap due to rights held by Donald Bellisario? It seems like they
are re-writing and rebooting JAG (thus your title for this thread) so they
would need to either have paid off DB or his copyright expired
No, they paid off the judge and won against Bellisario; NCIS is officially
not based on JAG, Shane created it out of whole cloth in season 3.
And McProbie has talked to Bud on the phone since then. They've mentioned Mac
and Harm on NCIS Old White Men, but this is the first time we've seen them.
Patrick Labyorteaux has been on NCIS 3 times, in seasons 1, 14, and 15. John
M. Jackson appeared as Chegwidden on NCIS OWM in season 10, and of course has
been on NCISLA half a dozen times. Alicia Coppola reprised her JAG role on
NCIS OWM but plays a different character on NCISLA. Let's not get started on
Zoe McLellan as Coates ...
They fucked her over so bad on NCIS:NO! It's why I won't even watch
that one, and I actually like Vanessa Ferlito. But they treated
McLellan so bad that the show's on my "Perma-BANNED!" list.
2019-10-08 20:22:00 UTC
Post by tenworld
[...]
Yikes. I can't handle that show at all. What did they do to her?
2019-10-08 20:45:05 UTC
Post by tenworld
[...]
Got rid of the character, and fired her, without cause from what I can
tell. (And they did a total hatchet job on her character gioing out the
door too.)

I think they really got rid of her because she's "too old". But we
never got a satisfacotry explanation, and I wasn't remotely interested
in the show without her, esp. with how they dismissed/fired here.
2019-10-08 21:31:18 UTC
Post by tenworld
[...]
The lead with that stupid accent looks like if I bumped into him he'd fall
down and break a hip.

What's with these secret NCIS headquarters anyway?
tenworld
2019-10-08 23:37:09 UTC
I think they really got rid of her because she's "too old". But we
never got a satisfacotry explanation, and I wasn't remotely interested
in the show without her, esp. with how they dismissed/fired here.
The lead with that stupid accent looks like if I bumped into him he'd fall
down and break a hip.
What's with these secret NCIS headquarters anyway?
--
NCIS LA never made sense but I like Sam & Hettie so I watch. They do kill a
lot of bad guys, breaking The Rifleman record.
danny burstein
2019-10-08 23:46:45 UTC
Post by tenworld
Post by anim8rfsk
What's with these secret NCIS headquarters anyway?
--
NCIS LA never made sense but I like Sam & Hettie so I watch. They do kill a
lot of bad guys, breaking The Rifleman record.
yeah, they might even had exceeded Keri Russell's ("The Americans")
counts. But they've got a long way to go to reach Red Dawn's numbers
***@panix.com
2019-10-08 23:51:33 UTC
Post by danny burstein
Post by anim8rfsk
What's with these secret NCIS headquarters anyway?
--
NCIS LA never made sense but I like Sam & Hettie so I watch. They do kill a
lot of bad guys, breaking The Rifleman record.
yeah, they might even had exceeded Keri Russell's ("The Americans")
counts. But they've got a long way to go to reach Red Dawn's numbers
Battlestar Galactica will always hold the record.
danny burstein
2019-10-09 00:01:21 UTC
Post by danny burstein
Post by anim8rfsk
What's with these secret NCIS headquarters anyway?
--
NCIS LA never made sense but I like Sam & Hettie so I watch. They do kill a
lot of bad guys, breaking The Rifleman record.
yeah, they might even had exceeded Keri Russell's ("The Americans")
counts. But they've got a long way to go to reach Red Dawn's numbers
Battlestar Galactica will always hold the record.
In (so to speak) person to person violence? I don't
recall much of that in Battlestar Galaxative.

(I could be wrong... I've repressed most memories
of that series and the remake).
***@panix.com
2019-10-09 00:04:48 UTC
Post by danny burstein
Post by anim8rfsk
What's with these secret NCIS headquarters anyway?
--
NCIS LA never made sense but I like Sam & Hettie so I watch. They do kill a
lot of bad guys, breaking The Rifleman record.
yeah, they might even had exceeded Keri Russell's ("The Americans")
counts. But they've got a long way to go to reach Red Dawn's numbers
Battlestar Galactica will always hold the record.
In (so to speak) person to person violence? I don't
recall much of that in Battlestar Galaxative.
(I could be wrong... I've repressed most memories
of that series and the remake).
The Cylons destroyed a dozen worlds just in the pilot IIRC. Billions and
billions of people. Not person on person, no.
danny burstein
2019-10-09 00:09:23 UTC
Battlestar Galactica will always hold the record.
In (so to speak) person to person violence? I don't
recall much of that in Battlestar Galaxative.
(I could be wrong... I've repressed most memories
of that series and the remake).
The Cylons destroyed a dozen worlds just in the pilot IIRC. Billions and
billions of people. Not person on person, no.
Didn't Jack (the real MacGuyver...) and his pals
destroy some entire universes in Stargate SG-1?
***@panix.com
2019-10-09 01:58:21 UTC
Post by danny burstein
Battlestar Galactica will always hold the record.
In (so to speak) person to person violence? I don't
recall much of that in Battlestar Galaxative.
(I could be wrong... I've repressed most memories
of that series and the remake).
The Cylons destroyed a dozen worlds just in the pilot IIRC. Billions and
billions of people. Not person on person, no.
Didn't Jack (the real MacGuyver...) and his pals
destroy some entire universes in Stargate SG-1?
Hmm. Sam blew up a star. I don't think she ever took out a universe.
2019-10-09 02:15:37 UTC
Post by danny burstein
Battlestar Galactica will always hold the record.
In (so to speak) person to person violence? I don't
recall much of that in Battlestar Galaxative.
(I could be wrong... I've repressed most memories
of that series and the remake).
The Cylons destroyed a dozen worlds just in the pilot IIRC. Billions and
billions of people. Not person on person, no.
Didn't Jack (the real MacGuyver...) and his pals
destroy some entire universes in Stargate SG-1?
Hmm. Sam blew up a star. I don't think she ever took out a universe.
And she complained ever after that no one would let her forget it.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?"
anim8rfsk
2019-10-09 03:11:42 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Post by danny burstein
Battlestar Galactica will always hold the record.
In (so to speak) person to person violence? I don't
recall much of that in Battlestar Galaxative.
(I could be wrong... I've repressed most memories
of that series and the remake).
The Cylons destroyed a dozen worlds just in the pilot IIRC. Billions and
billions of people. Not person on person, no.
Didn't Jack (the real MacGuyver...) and his pals
destroy some entire universes in Stargate SG-1?
Hmm. Sam blew up a star. I don't think she ever took out a universe.
And she complained ever after that no one would let her forget it.
McKay took out a solar system too.

Still, both Sam and Rodney's kill count combined wouldn't match the Cylon
treachery of that day.
2019-10-10 09:05:13 UTC
Post by danny burstein
Post by tenworld
Post by anim8rfsk
What's with these secret NCIS headquarters anyway?
NCIS LA never made sense but I like Sam & Hettie so I watch. They do kill a
lot of bad guys, breaking The Rifleman record.
yeah, they might even had exceeded Keri Russell's ("The Americans")
counts. But they've got a long way to go to reach Red Dawn's numbers
Felicity mainly killed people who didn't deserve to die. She was a
serial killer.
anim8rfsk
2019-10-10 13:18:27 UTC
Post by danny burstein
Post by anim8rfsk
What's with these secret NCIS headquarters anyway?
NCIS LA never made sense but I like Sam& Hettie so I watch. They do kill a
lot of bad guys, breaking The Rifleman record.
yeah, they might even had exceeded Keri Russell's ("The Americans")
counts. But they've got a long way to go to reach Red Dawn's numbers
Felicity mainly killed people who didn't deserve to die. She was a
serial killer.
"Consecutive Killer"

And didn't you know there aren't any female serial killers?
2019-10-10 13:39:18 UTC
Post by danny burstein
Post by anim8rfsk
What's with these secret NCIS headquarters anyway?
NCIS LA never made sense but I like Sam& Hettie so I watch. They do
kill a lot of bad guys, breaking The Rifleman record.
yeah, they might even had exceeded Keri Russell's ("The Americans")
counts. But they've got a long way to go to reach Red Dawn's numbers
Felicity mainly killed people who didn't deserve to die. She was a
serial killer.
"Consecutive Killer"
I have no idea what distinction your making or how non-consecutive could
apply in this context.
That look like Felicity? I don't think so.
anim8rfsk
2019-10-10 14:10:07 UTC
Post by danny burstein
Post by anim8rfsk
What's with these secret NCIS headquarters anyway?
NCIS LA never made sense but I like Sam& Hettie so I watch. They do
kill a lot of bad guys, breaking The Rifleman record.
yeah, they might even had exceeded Keri Russell's ("The Americans")
counts. But they've got a long way to go to reach Red Dawn's numbers
Felicity mainly killed people who didn't deserve to die. She was a
serial killer.
"Consecutive Killer"
I have no idea what distinction your making or how non-consecutive could
apply in this context.
It's a Murdoch Mysteries reference/joke. Murdoch and/or Crabtree invented or
coined everything back in the beginning of the 20th Century, with slight
changes in the terminology because they are, after all, antique Kanadians.
For instance, "Consecutive Killers"
It would have been amusing if you watched Murdoch.
And didn't you know there aren't any female serial killers?
That look like Felicity? I don't think so.
When she cut off her hair she murdered her show.