Epstein was under video surveillance. So where is the video?
2019-08-12 02:38:06 UTC
Washington Post was quick to gloss over it and run a statics rant about suicide in prison. Now, if Trump were to be implicated in anything, the Post would all over themselves demanding to know what happened. But they aren't. Because?
Ed Stasiak
2019-08-12 03:09:19 UTC
So where is the video?
The same place Hillary’s emails went.
trotsky
2019-08-12 09:10:51 UTC
Good one, Thanny!
FPP
2019-08-12 11:27:26 UTC
So where is the video?
The same place Hillary’s emails went.
Good one, Thanny!
So the video never existed, then.
--
Trump: "I'm rich." (* but you can't see my taxes.)
"I'm smart." (* but you can't see my grades.)
"I'm totally exonerated." (* but you can't see the report.)
Ed Stasiak
2019-08-12 15:57:17 UTC
Thanks, Spartacus!
David Johnston
2019-08-12 03:40:26 UTC
Washington Post was quick to gloss over it and run a statics rant about suicide in prison. Now, if Trump were to be implicated in anything, the Post would all over themselves demanding to know what happened. But they aren't. Because?
Because the most rational assumption is that Epstein actually did commit
suicide.
FPP
2019-08-12 05:05:23 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
Washington Post was quick to gloss over it and run a statics rant
about suicide in prison.  Now, if Trump were to be implicated in
anything, the Post would all over themselves demanding to know what
happened.  But they aren't.  Because?
Because the most rational assumption is that Epstein actually did commit
suicide.
Not without an awful lot of help from his friends...
trotsky
2019-08-12 10:09:52 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
Washington Post was quick to gloss over it and run a statics rant
about suicide in prison.  Now, if Trump were to be implicated in
anything, the Post would all over themselves demanding to know what
happened.  But they aren't.  Because?
Because the most rational assumption is that Epstein actually did
commit suicide.
Not without an awful lot of help from his friends...
If I heard the story correctly he was on suicide but not at the time of
his death and he was under video surveillance but not at the time of his
death, and oh by the way he had some methodology with which to kill
himself at his disposal. Sounds very plausible.
FPP
2019-08-12 11:31:20 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
Washington Post was quick to gloss over it and run a statics rant
about suicide in prison.  Now, if Trump were to be implicated in
anything, the Post would all over themselves demanding to know what
happened.  But they aren't.  Because?
Because the most rational assumption is that Epstein actually did
commit suicide.
Not without an awful lot of help from his friends...
If I heard the story correctly he was on suicide but not at the time of
his death and he was under video surveillance but not at the time of his
death, and oh by the way he had some methodology with which to kill
himself at his disposal. Sounds very plausible.
No, I think that one of the people who wanted Jeffrey Epstein dead, and
may have engineered it, was Jeffrey Epstein himself.

By all accounts, the man lived like an Arabian Prince. Reportedly, he
wore a shirt ONCE, and discarded it after a single use.

That kind of a guy ain't eating American Chop Suey on Tuesdays in the
Mess Hall, and shitting out in the open in a stainless steel bowl.

That kind of a guy would do whatever he could to avoid living like that
- and he had the money to accomplish the task.
trotsky
I have no idea what you're claiming has happened.
FPP
2019-08-12 19:36:18 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
[...]
I'm claiming that the most likely person who engineered the death of
Jeffrey Epstein was Jeffrey Epstein.

Not Bill Clinton, Not President Ttump, not Prince Andrew, or any of the
other miscreants.

My theory is that *IF* anybody used their wealth or influence to get
people to do anything they shouldn't have done, it was probably Epstein
himself.

Radical conspiracy theory... I know! That the guy who tried to commit
suicide in prison once might use his considerable wealth and influence
to get the job done.
moviePig
2019-08-12 20:07:27 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
[...]
That scenario seems plausible, but only in the way that the arcane plot
of 'Ten Little Indians' seems plausible. Remember that each of
Epstein's several "assistants" would be facing some sort of murder
charge if discovered...
--
- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
FPP
2019-08-12 21:46:15 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
[...]
Not really. They didn't murder anyone, or help them commit suicide.
All they did was not do their jobs.

About the worst thing that might happen is that they lose their jobs,
unless they somehow aided Epstein.

Not doing something you're supposed to do isn't the same as doing
something you aren't supposed to do.

Somebody in your house slips on a toy and falls down a staircase and
breaks their neck. Not picking up a toy on a stair isn't the same as
putting the toy there purposely.
BTR1701
2019-08-12 22:08:42 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
[...]
Tell that to the Broward County deputy who is facing criminal charges for
not running into a high school and taking on an armed murderer.
FPP
2019-08-13 02:20:41 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
[...]
You mean the guy who was taking money for a job he didn't do?
Ask a real lawyer to explain how that shit works.
BTR1701
2019-08-13 03:29:19 UTC
That scenario seems plausible, but only in the way that the arcane plot
of 'Ten Little Indians' seems plausible. Remember that each of
Epstein's several "assistants" would be facing some sort of murder
charge if discovered...
Not really. They didn't murder anyone, or help them commit suicide.
All they did was not do their jobs.
About the worst thing that might happen is that they lose their jobs,
unless they somehow aided Epstein.
Not doing something you're supposed to do isn't the same as doing
something you aren't supposed to do.
Tell that to the Broward County deputy who is facing criminal charges for
not running into a high school and taking on an armed murderer.
You mean the guy who was taking money for a job he didn't do?
Which would apply equally to prison guards that-- as you said-- "all they
did was not do their jobs".
FPP
2019-08-13 07:09:33 UTC
That scenario seems plausible, but only in the way that the arcane plot
of 'Ten Little Indians' seems plausible. Remember that each of
Epstein's several "assistants" would be facing some sort of murder
charge if discovered...
Not really. They didn't murder anyone, or help them commit suicide.
All they did was not do their jobs.
About the worst thing that might happen is that they lose their jobs,
unless they somehow aided Epstein.
Not doing something you're supposed to do isn't the same as doing
something you aren't supposed to do.
Tell that to the Broward County deputy who is facing criminal charges for
not running into a high school and taking on an armed murderer.
You mean the guy who was taking money for a job he didn't do?
Which would apply equally to prison guards that-- as you said-- "all they
did was not do their jobs".
You're saying they didn't? I'm saying they couldn't.
Short staffed, and working overtime, with lax supervision.

That cop was in place, with his weapon at hand - and he not only didn't
do his job, he REFUSED to do his job.

Big difference. He doesn't have any mitigating circumstances, except fear.
BTR1701
2019-08-13 12:46:29 UTC
[...]
My agency has been short-staffed and I have nevertheless managed to do my
job, working overtime with no supervision at all. None of the factors you
listed make it impossible for someone to do their job.
shawn
2019-08-13 13:51:10 UTC
On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 07:46:29 -0500, BTR1701
[...]
Well the latest is that the prison has had a tendency to take people
from all over the prison including teachers and doctors and having
them serve as correction officers often with minimal training. That's
got to be in addition to their normal duties. That's just asking for
something to go wrong.

It's one thing to ask you to do your job including overtime it's
another if you were asked to do something for which you had no
interest or desire to do with minimal training (apparently a week or
two) in addition to your normal duties. Especially when the additional
work potentially puts your life at risk.
trotsky
I'm reminded of the Steely Dan song "Pretzel Logic".
trotsky
2019-08-13 09:56:56 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
[...]
Hey, is Thanny lying again? Would the guy have made it to "armed
murderer" status if the deputy had had the balls to take him on in the
first place? And isn't putting his life on the line to protect citizens
what he's paid to do?
moviePig
2019-08-12 22:42:53 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
[...]
I thought your scenario was Epstein paying officials to take him off
suicide watch, remove his cellmate, etc. If so, the question would
arise of what did they *think* a suicidally depressed inmate intended?
--
- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
BTR1701
Why would you think that? I never said any such thing.
moviePig
2019-08-13 03:00:03 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
[...]
Umm, FPP did. You don't seem to be quoted at all...
--
- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
trotsky
2019-08-13 10:57:53 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
Washington Post was quick to gloss over it and run a statics rant
about suicide in prison.  Now, if Trump were to be implicated in
anything, the Post would all over themselves demanding to know what
happened.  But they aren't.  Because?
Because the most rational assumption is that Epstein actually did
commit suicide.
Not without an awful lot of help from his friends...
If I heard the story correctly he was on suicide but not at the time of
his death and he was under video You could measure the expected duration with an egg-timer!
Sad truth is, she'll likely end up being just another fatal over dose.
Irish Mike
[...]
Not Bill Clinton, Not President Ttu You could measure the expected duration with an egg-timer!
Sad truth is, she'll likely end up being just another fatal over dose.
Irish Mike
You could measure the expected duration with an egg-timer!
Sad truth is, she'll likely end up being just another fatal over dose.
Irish Mike
mp, not Prince Andrew, or any of
the other miscreants. You could measure the expected duration with an egg-timer!
Moviepig was responding to FPP you fucking moron.
FPP
2019-08-13 02:23:12 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
[...]
Well, not being trained psychologists, it probably wouldn't matter what
they thought.

You'd have to prove he paid them not to do their job, as opposed to
about most workers who try to get away with not doing their job every day.
trotsky
2019-08-12 20:17:25 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
[...]
So let's see if I have this straight: he was on suicide watch, then he
wasn't. He was supposed to be under video surveillance but no video of
the event is known to exist. And there has been no methodology
mentioned in either his "first attempt" or this "second, successful
attempt". Did someone carelessly leave a rope with a nicely tied noose
on it per the "engineering" Epstein did to off himself? How the
motherfuck did he do that? And why haven't the autopsy results been
released?

So, unfortunately you're radical conspiracy theory is so full of holes
it wouldn't even make a good swiss cheese.
FPP
2019-08-12 21:52:16 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
[...]
Not knowing those details doesn't mean there are holes in the theory.
Simple explanation is that the prison is understaffed and the guards are
over worked.

Reports are starting to come out.

"The two corrections officers assigned to watch the special unit in the
detention center where Epstein was being housed were working overtime —
one forced to do so by management, the other for his fourth or fifth
consecutive day, the president of the local union for staffers said.

Serene Gregg, president of the American Federation of Government
Employees Local 3148, said the Metropolitan Correctional Center is
functioning with less than 70 percent of the needed correctional
officers, forcing many to work mandatory overtime and 60- or 70-hour
workweeks.

She said one of the individuals assigned to watch Epstein’s unit did not
normally work as a correctional officer but, like others in roles such
as counselors and teachers, was able to do so. She declined to say which
one or specify the person’s regular role."

Don't mistake stupidity and malfeasance for malice. Or, as Hanlon's
Razor postulates:
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by
stupidity."

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...
FPP
2019-08-12 21:55:08 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
[...]
So you'd be shocked to find out that a facility run by the Trump
administration isn't being run legally or efficiently?

Real shocker!
trotsky
2019-08-13 10:55:06 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
[...]
In fairness, in the U.S. gross negligence and incompetence is always a
good excuse. But with Bill Barr at the helm, having just been delivered
reams of document, photos, and video, I thing it's virtually impossible
to include this wasn't planned. But even if he just told the guards to
take a powder because Epstein was suicidal, what did he use to kill
himself with? Why wasn't this mentioned either time he "attempted
suicide"? You can if you want but there's no fucking way I'm taking
this at face value.
Post by FPP
Reports are starting to come out.
"The two corrections officers assigned to watch the special unit in the
detention center where Epstein was being housed were working overtime —
one forced to do so by management, the other for his fourth or fifth
consecutive day, the president of the local union for staffers said.
Makes a fantastic story to tell the press. You wouldn't think they
would make sure he's kept alive, unless special dispensation was made
not to? Oh, and he was supposed to have a cellmate and didn't. They
"goofed" on this too?
Post by FPP
Serene Gregg, president of the American Federation of Government
Employees Local 3148, said the Metropolitan Correctional Center is
functioning with less than 70 percent of the needed correctional
officers, forcing many to work mandatory overtime and 60- or 70-hour
workweeks.
No. This wasn't an average prisoner so statistics don't mean jack.
This was a guy who had the most rich and powerful people in the world
fucking slave trafficked underage girls so to say he merely fell through
the cracks the way a guy who jacked cars or sold crack on the streets is
impossible to believe. Why would anyone refuse to believe that the most
corrupt administration in U.S. history would do something this corrupt?
Post by FPP
She said one of the individuals assigned to watch Epstein’s unit did not
normally work as a correctional officer but, like others in roles such
as counselors and teachers, was able to do so. She declined to say which
one or specify the person’s regular role."
Oopsie-daisie! Let me know if you get to the methodology of the
killing, the lack of a cellmate, and the lack of video surveillance.
Post by FPP
Don't mistake stupidity and malfeasance for malice.  Or, as Hanlon's
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by
stupidity."
I agree, and I don't mistake the lack of discussion of all the facts as
somebody is ready or willing to discuss what actually happened.
Post by FPP
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...
No doubt. Just like the masses of idiot Dems that think "if we just
show up in great numbers Putin won't be able to appoint the victor."
Why I laugh? Our "President" was placed in office by the former head of
the KGB and you think a cigar is just a cigar? Bullshit.
Ed Stasiak
2019-08-13 16:16:40 UTC
Not knowing those details doesn't mean there are holes in the theory.
Simple explanation is that the prison is understaffed and the guards
are over worked.
In fairness, in the U.S. gross negligence and incompetence is always a
good excuse.  But with Bill Barr at the helm, having just been delivered
reams of document, photos, and video, I thing it's virtually impossible
to include this wasn't planned.  But even if he just told the guards to
take a powder because Epstein was suicidal, what did he use to kill
himself with?  Why wasn't this mentioned either time he "attempted
suicide"?  You can if you want but there's no fucking way I'm taking
this at face value.
An article on Fox News supposedly interviewing someone who had been
locked up in the same NYC prison, claims there is nothing in the cells
someone could tie a bedsheet or t-shirt to so as to hang themselves;
no bars, no light fixtures, etc., just smooth walls with a metal bed bolted
to the wall.
Post by FPP
"The two corrections officers assigned to watch the special unit in
the detention center where Epstein was being housed were working
overtime — one forced to do so by management, the other for his fourth
or fifth consecutive day, the president of the local union for staffers said.
The overtime claim is straight-up bullshit, I spent years working 58 hours
per week, ever week, month and after month, running a bridgeport and this
wasn’t forced OT, it was simply a standard work week in the machining
industry.

And I can assure you I wasn’t sitting on my ass in an air conditioned office
while I was doing it.
Makes a fantastic story to tell the press.  You wouldn't think they
would make sure he's kept alive, unless special dispensation was made
not to?  Oh, and he was supposed to have a cellmate and didn't.  They
”goofed" on this too?
And let’s not forget the claim that Epstein pulled a Jedi mind-control trick
on the licensed and accredited prison psychologist and talked his way
into having them lift the suicide watch.
Why would anyone refuse to believe that the most corrupt administration
in U.S. history would do something this corrupt?
Despite your desperation to somehow tie this to Trump, none of gals in the
lawsuit against Epstein mention him, while naming all kinda other rich and
powerful elites.
Post by FPP
She said one of the individuals assigned to watch Epstein’s unit did
not normally work as a correctional officer but, like others in roles such
as counselors and teachers, was able to do so. She declined to say
which one or specify the person’s regular role."
Does someone really need “training” to sit around watching a bank of monitors
and occasionally stroll down the hall to look into a cell?

A Friend
2019-08-12 20:18:45 UTC
I'm claiming that the most likely person who engineered the death of
Jeffrey Epstein was Jeffrey Epstein.
Not Bill Clinton, Not President Ttump, not Prince Andrew, or any of the
other miscreants.
It was the Clintons, Mossad, Prince Andrew, beloved TV personality Joy
Behar and a host of others. In fact, sources tell Fox News that the
scene inside Epstein's cell looked like the Marx Brothers' cabin in A
NIGHT AT THE OPERA. I'm surprised Epstein had room to dangle.
moviePig
2019-08-12 20:40:12 UTC
I'm claiming that the most likely person who engineered the death of
Jeffrey Epstein was Jeffrey Epstein.
Not Bill Clinton, Not President Ttump, not Prince Andrew, or any of the
other miscreants.
It was the Clintons, Mossad, Prince Andrew, beloved TV personality Joy
Behar and a host of others. In fact, sources tell Fox News that the
scene inside Epstein's cell looked like the Marx Brothers' cabin in A
NIGHT AT THE OPERA. I'm surprised Epstein had room to dangle.
More like MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS (...my second Agatha Christie
reference on this topic).
--
- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
Ed Stasiak
2019-08-12 15:54:21 UTC
That kind of a guy would do whatever he could to avoid living like that
- and he had the money to accomplish the task.
The guy also had dirt on all kinda rich and powerful elites that he would
have exchanged for a lesser sentence in a country club prison.
Ed Stasiak
2019-08-12 15:58:43 UTC
If I heard the story correctly he was on suicide but not at the time of
his death and he was under video surveillance but not at the time of his
death, and oh by the way he had some methodology with which to kill
himself at his disposal.  Sounds very plausible.
That’s how conspiracies work. You don’t really think Mossad would just
march into the prison like the Terminator and shoot the joint up, do you?
moviePig
2019-08-12 17:03:34 UTC
If I heard the story correctly he was on suicide but not at the time of
his death and he was under video surveillance but not at the time of his
death, and oh by the way he had some methodology with which to kill
himself at his disposal.  Sounds very plausible.
That’s how conspiracies work. You don’t really think Mossad would just
march into the prison like the Terminator and shoot the joint up, do you?
This wouldn't be a conspiracy so much as a paid hit. And you'd think
there'd be too many payees for it to remain hidden for long.
--
- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
trotsky
How the fuck are those mutually exclusive?
moviePig
2019-08-12 18:41:54 UTC
If I heard the story correctly he was on suicide but not at the time of
his death and he was under video surveillance but not at the time of his
death, and oh by the way he had some methodology with which to kill
himself at his disposal.  Sounds very plausible.
That’s how conspiracies work.  You don’t really think Mossad would just
march into the prison like the Terminator and shoot the joint up, do you?
This wouldn't be a conspiracy so much as a paid hit.
How the fuck are those mutually exclusive?
A conspiracy entails a secret network of similarly minded miscreants. A
paid hit requires only one highly motivated guy with a checkbook.
--
- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
trotsky
2019-08-12 18:59:46 UTC
If I heard the story correctly he was on suicide but not at the time of
his death and he was under video surveillance but not at the time of his
death, and oh by the way he had some methodology with which to kill
himself at his disposal.  Sounds very plausible.
That’s how conspiracies work.  You don’t really think Mossad would just
march into the prison like the Terminator and shoot the joint up, do you?
This wouldn't be a conspiracy so much as a paid hit.
How the fuck are those mutually exclusive?
A conspiracy entails a secret network of similarly minded miscreants.  A
paid hit requires only one highly motivated guy with a checkbook.
So if you have a "secret network of similarly minded miscreants" paying
for a hit the universe will implode at the speed of light? Please make
some fucking sense.
moviePig
2019-08-12 20:21:49 UTC
If I heard the story correctly he was on suicide but not at the time of
his death and he was under video surveillance but not at the time of his
death, and oh by the way he had some methodology with which to kill
himself at his disposal.  Sounds very plausible.
That’s how conspiracies work.  You don’t really think Mossad would just
march into the prison like the Terminator and shoot the joint up, do you?
This wouldn't be a conspiracy so much as a paid hit.
How the fuck are those mutually exclusive?
A conspiracy entails a secret network of similarly minded miscreants.  A
paid hit requires only one highly motivated guy with a checkbook.
So if you have a "secret network of similarly minded miscreants" paying
for a hit the universe will implode at the speed of light? Please make
some fucking sense.
When we speak of a 'conspiracy' nowadays, I think we're usually talking
about several actors, each uniquely positioned to further its aims --
and not about a community fundraiser to pay a hitman's bill. But ymmv.
--
- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
RichA
2019-08-12 05:54:20 UTC
The video would erase all the conspiracy theories. Where is it?
ZZyXX
2019-08-13 00:17:04 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
Washington Post was quick to gloss over it and run a statics rant
about suicide in prison.  Now, if Trump were to be implicated in
anything, the Post would all over themselves demanding to know what
happened.  But they aren't.  Because?
Because the most rational assumption is that Epstein actually did commit
suicide.
there is no way a narcissist like Epstein would kill himself, especially
pre-trial. with all his money there's always the chance that he could
get pardoned by his good buddy Donald