Miami Vice Returns!
2021-04-07 16:56:24 UTC
Miami Vice Returns!

2021-04-07 18:33:25 UTC
Miami Vice Returns!
http://youtu.be/uTCrWsdAiKo
This is the first I'm hearing about this but I don't read the various
announcements very consistently. Is this real? Has a series actually
been greenlit? Do we know where and when it will air?

One of comments in the comment section claims you can already see this -
in German - which strikes me as unlikely if it hasn't aired in North
America yet. Then again, maybe it has been airing in the US and I just
missed it.
2021-04-07 18:47:37 UTC
Miami Vice Returns!
http://youtu.be/uTCrWsdAiKo
This is the first I'm hearing about this but I don't read the various
announcements very consistently. Is this real? Has a series actually
been greenlit? Do we know where and when it will air?
One of comments in the comment section claims you can already see this -
in German - which strikes me as unlikely if it hasn't aired in North
America yet. Then again, maybe it has been airing in the US and I just
missed it.
It was posted on Facebook without any additional information. IMDB doesn’t
know about it. Ian doesn’t mention it on Wikipedia. I apologize if it’s a
fake.

2021-04-07 19:57:36 UTC
Miami Vice Returns!
http://youtu.be/uTCrWsdAiKo
This is the first I'm hearing about this but I don't read the various
announcements very consistently. Is this real? Has a series actually
been greenlit? Do we know where and when it will air?
One of comments in the comment section claims you can already see this -
in German - which strikes me as unlikely if it hasn't aired in North
America yet. Then again, maybe it has been airing in the US and I just
missed it.
It was posted on Facebook without any additional information. IMDB doesn’t
know about it. Ian doesn’t mention it on Wikipedia. I apologize if it’s a
fake.
No apologies necessary, even if it is a fake. I'm just curious. I don't
really care a whole lot one way or the other, although I would check it
out if it did come back just to see what they've done.

This might make a nice footnote to the original series but I'd have a
LOT of trouble buying these semi-geriatric actors pretending to be
serving police officers in an ongoing series. I couldn't buy them all
working together as Private Eyes either, at least not if their focus was
still dealing with vice; that's just not something PI's do as I
understand it.
2021-04-07 21:16:43 UTC
Miami Vice Returns!
http://youtu.be/uTCrWsdAiKo
This is the first I'm hearing about this but I don't read the various
announcements very consistently. Is this real? Has a series actually
been greenlit? Do we know where and when it will air?
One of comments in the comment section claims you can already see this -
in German - which strikes me as unlikely if it hasn't aired in North
America yet. Then again, maybe it has been airing in the US and I just
missed it.
It was posted on Facebook without any additional information. IMDB doesn’t
know about it. Ian doesn’t mention it on Wikipedia. I apologize if it’s a
fake.

It's a fan-made fantasy trailer.

The clips of Edward James Olmos are from MAYANS, MC and Tubbs is *way* to
young in the trailer for them to be anything but clips from the origina
series.
RichA
2021-04-07 23:39:00 UTC
Miami Vice Returns!
http://youtu.be/uTCrWsdAiKo
This is the first I'm hearing about this but I don't read the various
announcements very consistently. Is this real? Has a series actually
been greenlit? Do we know where and when it will air?
One of comments in the comment section claims you can already see this -
in German - which strikes me as unlikely if it hasn't aired in North
America yet. Then again, maybe it has been airing in the US and I just
missed it.
It was posted on Facebook without any additional information. IMDB doesn’t
know about it. Ian doesn’t mention it on Wikipedia. I apologize if it’s a
fake.

It's a fan-made fantasy trailer.
The clips of Edward James Olmos are from MAYANS, MC and Tubbs is *way* too
young in the trailer for them to be anything but clips from the original
series.
The black guy looks like he hasn't changed. That's a good hint. He never did much of anything after the 80's. Don Johnson should lose the
beard. Grey beards add 10 years to the look of men.
Your Name
2021-04-08 01:03:23 UTC
12:56 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:> >>> Miami Vice Returns!> >>>> >>>
http://youtu.be/uTCrWsdAiKo >>>> >>>> >> This is the first I'm
hearing about this but I don't read the various> >> announcements very
consistently. Is this real? Has a series actually> >> been greenlit? Do
we know where and when it will air?> >>> >> One of comments in the
comment section claims you can already see this -> >> in German - which
strikes me as unlikely if it hasn't aired in North> >> America yet.
Then again, maybe it has been airing in the US and I just> >> missed
it.> >>> >> > It was posted on Facebook without any additional
information. IMDB doesn't> > know about it. Ian doesn't mention it on
Wikipedia. I apologize if it's a> > fake.> >> > -> > "The last thing I
want to do is hurt you, but it's still on my list."
It's a fan-made fantasy trailer.>> The clips of Edward James Olmos are
from MAYANS, MC and Tubbs is *way* too> young in the trailer for them
to be anything but clips from the original> series.
The black guy looks like he hasn't changed.
Because all of those "teasers" on YouTube are made up of old clips from
various places, nothing to do with the new show ... if it ever gets
made. It's a unlikely either of the original actors will be in it, let
alone that old white Ferrari.
look of men.
trotsky
2021-04-08 10:50:36 UTC
[...]

You sound like the sort of mentally handicapped people the fat orange
whale would make fun of.
David Johnston
turned down. Vapourware.
Your Name
2021-04-08 01:02:27 UTC
Miami Vice Returns!
http://youtu.be/uTCrWsdAiKo
This is the first I'm hearing about this but I don't read the various
announcements very consistently. Is this real? Has a series actually
been greenlit? Do we know where and when it will air?
One of comments in the comment section claims you can already see this
- in German - which strikes me as unlikely if it hasn't aired in North
America yet. Then again, maybe it has been airing in the US and I just
missed it.
I don't think it's even been filmed yet.

The show was announced by Variety.com back in 2017, but nothing seems
to have actually been done.

'Miami Vice' Reboot in Works at NBC From Vin Diesel
Aug 2, 2017

A reboot of classic cop drama "Miami Vice" is in the works
at NBC, Variety has learned.

The project hails from the team behind the "The Fast and
the Furious" franchise with Vin Diesel's production company,
One Race Television, teaming up with Chris Morgan
Productions, which is headed by Chris Morgan. Morgan has
written six of the "Fast & Furious" films to date. However,
no executive producers have been locked in yet, as deals are
still being hammered out.

One Race TV is under a deal at Universal Television, which
is the studio behind the "Miami Vice" project.

Peter Macmanus will write the script, based on the original
series. While executive producers haven't been set, it's
more than likely Macmanus, Morgan, and Diesel will all serve
as EPs, along with more staffers from One Race TV, and Chris
Morgan Prods, including Ainsley Davies. Shana Waterman, head
of TV for One Race, shepherded the project.

The original "Miami Vice" aired on NBC from 1984-1990 for five
seasons (112 episodes). It starred Don Johnson as James
"Sonny" Crockett and Philip Michael Thomas as Ricardo Tubbs,
two Miami narcotics detectives. It also starred Saundra
Santiago, Edward James Olmos, and Michael Talbott. It featured
a long list of guest stars that included Gene Simmons, Pam
Grier, Laurence Fishburne, Viggo Mortensen, and John Leguizamo.
Michael Mann executive produced the original series, and went
on to produce and direct the 2006 film adaptation starring
Jamie Foxx and Colin Farrell.

Should the project move forward, it would mark the latest in a
long string of TV series reboots and revivals in recent years.
To name just a few: Netflix rebooted the classic sitcom
"One Day at a Time," in addition to commissioning the series
continuations "Fuller House" and "Gilmore Girls: A Year in the
Life"; CBS will premiere a reboot of the police drama
"S.W.A.T." in the 2017-2018 season, while the network's reboot
of "MacGyver" is going into its second season and "Hawaii
Five-O" is going into its eighth; The CW will debut a new
version of "Dynasty" this fall; and Disney is rebooting
"DuckTales" in August. As for NBC, the network rebooted Liam
Neeson's "Taken" franchise, and the series is heading into its
second season. Plus, "Will & Grace" is heading back to NBC with
the original cast.

Morgan, Davies, and Chris Morgan Productions are repped by ICM
and McKuin Frankel. Macmanus is repped by UTA.

<https://variety.com/2017/tv/news/miami-vice-reboot-nbc-vin-diesel-1202506455/>
BTR1701
2021-04-08 21:09:33 UTC
Post by Your Name
Miami Vice Returns!
http://youtu.be/uTCrWsdAiKo
This is the first I'm hearing about this but I don't read the various
announcements very consistently. Is this real? Has a series actually
been greenlit? Do we know where and when it will air?
One of comments in the comment section claims you can already see this
- in German - which strikes me as unlikely if it hasn't aired in North
America yet. Then again, maybe it has been airing in the US and I just
missed it.
I don't think it's even been filmed yet.
The show was announced by Variety.com back in 2017, but nothing seems
to have actually been done.
I just don't know if you could make the magic again with that show. Th
environment, the fashion, the music-- it was all so specific to that time an
place. Even if you could get all the actors back together again and get som
really good stories written, it's hard to imagine it could ever feel th
same.
moviePig
2021-04-08 21:17:48 UTC
Post by Your Name
Miami Vice Returns!
http://youtu.be/uTCrWsdAiKo
This is the first I'm hearing about this but I don't read the various
announcements very consistently. Is this real? Has a series actually
been greenlit? Do we know where and when it will air?
One of comments in the comment section claims you can already see this
- in German - which strikes me as unlikely if it hasn't aired in North
America yet. Then again, maybe it has been airing in the US and I just
missed it.
I don't think it's even been filmed yet.
The show was announced by Variety.com back in 2017, but nothing seems
to have actually been done.
I just don't know if you could make the magic again with that show. The
environment, the fashion, the music-- it was all so specific to that time and
place. Even if you could get all the actors back together again and get some
really good stories written, it's hard to imagine it could ever feel the
same.
"I wanna know what love is....."
trotsky
2021-04-09 10:51:53 UTC
Post by Your Name
Miami Vice Returns!
http://youtu.be/uTCrWsdAiKo
This is the first I'm hearing about this but I don't read the various
announcements very consistently. Is this real? Has a series actually
been greenlit? Do we know where and when it will air?
One of comments in the comment section claims you can already see this
- in German - which strikes me as unlikely if it hasn't aired in North
America yet. Then again, maybe it has been airing in the US and I just
missed it.
I don't think it's even been filmed yet.
The show was announced by Variety.com back in 2017, but nothing seems
to have actually been done.
I just don't know if you could make the magic again with that show.
And yet the movie was pretty good. You fucking idiot.