Ellen Talks of Shuttering Her Show as Staff Slams Her Insincere Apology
2020-08-01 10:08:37 UTC
Ellen DeGeneres may be ready to call it quits on her daytime talk amid
claims she perpetuated a toxic work environment, DailyMail.com can reveal.

An insider at Telepictures tells DailyMail.com that the host is telling
executives at Telepictures and Warner Bros that she has had enough and
wants to walk away from the show.

'She feels she can't go on and the only way to recover her personal brand
from this is to shut down the show,' they said.

'The truth is she knew what was going on, it's her show. The buck stops
with her. She can blame every executive under the sun – but Ellen is
ultimately the one to blame.'

It comes as staff at the Ellen DeGeneres Show are hitting back at her for
shifting the blame to her executive producers in an apology memo sent this
week.

'Don't think for a minute anything she has said in that apology means
anything. She created and then enabled this toxic culture to go on for so
long,' one staffer, who spoke to DailyMail.com on condition of anonymity,
said. 'If anyone had come to her or those three vile [executive producers]
to complain, they would've been fired.'

'Inside Telepictures we've had enough of her. She is a phony who does not
practice what she preaches,' our Telepictures source said.

'The behavior of her show executives has been appalling, but [Ellen] is no
better. In fact, she is the worst. It's outrageous that she is trying to
pretend that this is all a shock to her. The fish rots from the head, and
Ellen is the head.'

Our Telepictures insider claims that Ellen 'hates coming to work' and
'struggles to be nice to people and has utter contempt for her audience.'

'She has been phoning it in for so long, and only staying for the money and
celebrity it affords her,' they said. 'We've dealt with her BS for so many
years, she's not innocent at all, she's not nice and the show is not filled
with happiness.'

'At this point, there's really no way to save the show from this PR
nightmare, so Ellen leaving may be the only way for this entire mess to go
away.

'While it is our most profitable show in daytime, we no longer make the
money we used to make from the show, as we have to pay her tens of millions
of dollars per year to show up.'

The insider says Telepictures will need to develop a new show and star
quickly to take over the lucrative timeslot that Ellen currently holds.

'We thought our problems were with the cast upheaval at The Real, we had no
idea that Ellen would implode during quarantine,' they added.

Multiple staff members at the show tell DailyMail.com they are not buying
Ellen's apology and are calling on her to call it quits.

One staffer said, 'She's only addressing this now because the publicity is
so bad for her and her BS brand of happiness and kindness. Ellen can throw
everyone else under the bus, but the buck stops with her.

'Whenever she'd tell viewers to choose kindness, I'd throw up a little in
my mouth because she always chose the opposite,' they added.

In addition to these claims, the show was rocked again on Thursday when
three dozen employees of the daytime talk show alleged that senior
executives who work behind the scenes groped and kissed staffers, solicited
one of them for oral sex, and were 'handsy with women.'

Current employees are now calling on Ellen to call it quits.

'Warner Bros should cancel our show or swap her out for a fun celebrity
host. Viewers have been fed lies for years. The Ellen you see on TV is
disingenuous and inauthentic. She's a horrible person who has done nothing
to support 99% of the people who work for her.

'Yet they won't cancel it as all they care about is money and the show is a
cash cow.

'It's time for Ellen to leave TV. She's done enough damage. They should
replace her with someone wonderful like Jen Aniston. She's always a dream
when she comes by - gracious, kind and funny and we're actually allowed to
look her in the eyes!!'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8581717/Ellen-DeGeneres-telling-executives-shes-ready-call-quits.html
FPP
2020-08-01 12:16:43 UTC
[...]
Damn! I really will miss it!
Every time I saw it on, I knew it was time to switch over to MSNBC for
Nicole Wallace's show.
--
History will show when Tyranny came to the streets of America, the 3%,
Militiamen and Gun Nuts, who like to dress up as GI Joe in tactical

"Leaders who have hidden in a bunker and gassed their own citizens
include Saddam Hussein, Adolf Hitler and Donald [Bunker Bitch] Trump." -
Ben Wexler
REAL PRESIDENTS LEAD. REALITY TV PRESIDENTS DON'T.

Trump: "No, I don't take responsibility at all." - 3/13/20
anim8rfsk
2020-08-01 17:51:25 UTC
[...]
I didn't think anything would make me support Ellen and call for the firing
of her staff, but they managed.
You support her because she's just as gay as you, right?
b***@gmail.com
2020-08-01 23:20:47 UTC
You support her because she's just as gay as you, right?
A sure sign ^here one has lost the debate.
Your Name
2020-08-01 22:22:52 UTC
[...]
Ellen has always been a bit of a wacko, but her growing "fame" over the
years (starting with her sitcom) has really gone to her head made made
her even worse and worse. It happens to many celebrities.
RichA
Crazy women seem to find a place in Hollywood.
Your Name
2020-08-02 05:58:02 UTC
Post by Your Name
[...]
Some people are crazy before they get to Hollyweird, other people are
turned crazy by being in Hollyweird. The second option is very often
what happens with child stars as they grow older.
b***@gmail.com
2020-08-02 06:11:52 UTC
Some people are crazy before they get to >Hollyweird, other people are
turned crazy by being in Hollyweird. The >second option is very often
what happens with child stars as they >grow older
Yet the article seems to be of any real
reasons *why* Ellen is being made the
bad guy. I see cheap 'witty' lines that
are for appealing to emotion, but not
giving any specific information.

Also, there seems to be a sex scandal
going on between the top dogs running
the production company and the
female employees, and Ellen is seen as
a threat to them.

I smell fish, and the fact that I am not
seeing any specific examples of what
she did wrong, other than being 'bitchy'
off camera tells me that they are trying
to compell her to leave so she does not
upset the 'boys will be boys' club
they got going on at that company.
b***@gmail.com
2020-08-02 06:28:31 UTC
Oh, and "enabling this toxic culture" How? Why? What did she do specifically to
cause this?

"Our Telepictures insider claims that Ellen 'hates coming to work' and
'struggles to be nice to people and has utter contempt for her audience"

Oh, the old "That will hold the little bastards..." accusation.
Yes, Ellen is expected to be a robot smiling
all the time and be rosy 24/7. That's
not hiw the real world works.
people get burnt out, they need their personal
space, and "she is struggling to be nice
to people". Sounds like she is at least trying, but NOBODY is going to be nice all the
time, moreso when dealing with the stresses with people
constantly demanding this or that from you'
during the course of a workday in a 'power'
enviroment like a big production studio.
"contempt for her audience", um yeah, this happens to
just about every celebrity out there. Again, hounding, demand, and
resulting burn out, not to mention the unrealistic
"Superman" image people develop in their heads of their favorite star,
and the pressures on the star to maintain that image.

Ellen has been on the air for very long.
Maybe she is going through burn out,
I dunno, but all of these excuses I am hearing from Telepictures are flimsy, and
I feel they are trying to pressure Ellen to
pack up and leave because of their own
activities
Adam H. Kerman
2020-08-02 07:40:52 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Oh, and "enabling this toxic culture" How? Why? What did she do specifically to
cause this?
"Our Telepictures insider claims that Ellen 'hates coming to work' and
'struggles to be nice to people and has utter contempt for her audience"
Oh, the old "That will hold the little bastards..." accusation. . . .
Ok. You got me. Just how the fuck old are you anyway?

No one on Usenet but me could possibly get that reference.
anim8rfsk
2020-08-02 16:05:41 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Oh, and "enabling this toxic culture" How? Why? What did she do specifically to
cause this?
"Our Telepictures insider claims that Ellen 'hates coming to work' and
'struggles to be nice to people and has utter contempt for her audience"
Oh, the old "That will hold the little bastards..." accusation. . . .
Ok. You got me. Just how the fuck old are you anyway?
No one on Usenet but me could possibly get that reference.
I have utter contempt for Ellen's audience too.
Because you're a closet homosexual and misogynist.
Adam H. Kerman
Whoosh
b***@gmail.com
2020-08-02 23:05:42 UTC
I have utter contempt for Ellen's audience too.
I rarely watch broadcast tee vee anymore,
but if her audience is the same as what
you see on other talk/morning shows,
I would have contempt too.

I'm not homophobic, I just don't like
wasting my time listening to airheads
babble on about inane, stupid shit.

"oOh lEtZ tAlK aBoUt tUpPeRwArE aNd
cEleBeRtY gOsSiP"- This requires a very
low IQ to be able to stomach.
b***@gmail.com
2020-08-02 22:47:21 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Oh, the old "That will hold the little bastards..." accusation. . . .
Ok. You got me. Just how the fuck old are you anyway?
No one on Usenet but me could possibly get that reference.
To enlighten others:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/uncle-don-rumor/
The Horny Goat
2020-08-03 20:14:04 UTC
On Sun, 2 Aug 2020 07:40:52 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by b***@gmail.com
Oh, and "enabling this toxic culture" How? Why? What did she do specifically to
cause this?
"Our Telepictures insider claims that Ellen 'hates coming to work' and
'struggles to be nice to people and has utter contempt for her audience"
Oh, the old "That will hold the little bastards..." accusation. . . .
Ok. You got me. Just how the fuck old are you anyway?
No one on Usenet but me could possibly get that reference.
I dunno - is that a variation on the Captain Kangeroo legend (supposed
to be false) that Bob Keegan who had the childrens' TV show by that
name and allegedly went to a commercial break saying into a live mike
(that wasn't supposed to be live) "well that should keep those little
b***ers quiet for awhile"?

On the other hand I remember the host of The Hollywood Squares saying
something inappropriate just before a commercial break and was
profusely apologizing immediately after the break. Wish I could
remember what he said! (This would have been roughly 1970-75 based on
how old I remember being at the time)
FPP
2020-08-03 21:31:09 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
It was 'Uncle Don'... and it's an urban myth.

"Versions of this tale were familiar to many Americans in the mid-20th
century, typically told by someone who claimed to have heard the
infamous broadcast themselves, or who had an older friend or relative
who did. At the very least, most everyone knew someone who recalled the
national uproar caused by the incident or remembered reading about the
firing of the hapless host in the newspaper.

This legend seems to have been attributed, at one time or another, to
virtually everyone who had ever hosted a show for youngsters on radio or
television. Adults who grew up in America during the years of radio’s
prominence between the world wars tended to name whichever local
children’s host they listened to or were most familiar with as the
culprit. Those who grew up after television became a fixture in American
households were more likely to identify one of the many ubiquitous
kiddie TV personalities as the guilty party."

b***@gmail.com
2020-08-04 01:00:34 UTC
"It was 'Uncle Don'... and it's an urban myth. "

True, but the original point is still valid.
b***@gmail.com
2020-08-04 01:12:01 UTC
"I dunno - is that a variation on the Captain Kangeroo legend (supposed
to be false) that Bob Keegan who had the childrens' TV show by that"

Yes, this was falsely attributed to many
radio/tv personalities throughout the
decades, with many people claiming to
have head the broadcast of (whoever) saying
that career ending line. Uncle Don seems
to have gotten the worst of it though.

This was helped along with a record that
was released in the mid 20th century
that supposedly has a recording of Uncle
Don saying that line, but when you listen
to the record, it's obviously a fabricated
recording made for that record. You
sort of have to listen carefully to
determine this, so I can see how this
would fool 1950s audiences without access
to the internet, and who tended to take pressed
recordings at face value.

Still it's a fairly well known cultural
'artifact' which I felt was valid when
making my point regarding the accusations
against Ellen.

J.B. Nicholson
2020-08-02 21:19:04 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Yet the article seems to be of any real
reasons *why* Ellen is being made the
bad guy.
The article made it clear that DeGeneres' Executive Producers are
Post by b***@gmail.com
[T]hree dozen employees of the daytime talk show alleged that senior
executives who work behind the scenes groped and kissed staffers,
solicited one of them for oral sex, and were 'handsy with women.'
Jonathan Norman, a co-executive producer, is alleged to have
'groomed' a former employee by taking him to concerts and showering
him with other gifts and perks before attempting to perform oral sex
on him. Kevin Leman, the show's head writer and executive producer,
is alleged to have solicited oral sex from an employee. Others say
they witnessed Leman grope another colleague.
And Ed Glavin, an executive producer, allegedly 'had a reputation
for being handsy with women,' according to former employees.
Ellen DeGeneres presumably has hiring and firing power over her show,
so that makes her responsible for not attending to the allegations and
resolving them even if that means firing people who are committing the
gropings, kissings, and solicitations for sex. Hence the following,
Post by b***@gmail.com
Our source said: 'She was happy to put her name on the show, yet she
let those three executive producers do whatever they wanted. The
fish rots from the head and Ellen and the three of them are now
rotting.'
RichA
Please shutter it.
b***@gmail.com
2020-08-01 23:02:45 UTC
I looked through that big wall of text,
and I couldn't find the reason she is
allegedly worse than Hitler and likes
to kick little puppies, except for that
she is not a big ray of sunshine off camera.

"execs kissing and groping women", yeah
I think that would make Ellen, and just
about every woman alive stay on guard,
nervous, and pissy. Not to mention this
is illegal.
b***@gmail.com
2020-08-01 23:14:49 UTC
"The behavior of her show executives has been appalling, but [Ellen] is no
better. In fact, she is the worst. It's outrageous that she is trying to
pretend that this is all a shock to her. The fish rots from the head, and
Ellen is the head"

So can elaborate *why*? I'm hearing nothing but "wAaAaA sHeS a mEaNiE!!1!"
and cheap phrases designed to appeal to
emotion instead of "Well, Ellen is bad
because (solid and specific examples)".
Goddamn, no wonder people are so stupid
these days when it comes to news, because
of articles written like this.
Rhino
2020-08-02 01:34:21 UTC
[...]
Karma is a bitch! (And apparently so is Ellen!)
J.B. Nicholson
2020-08-02 21:13:21 UTC
Our Telepictures insider claims that Ellen 'hates coming to work'
and 'struggles to be nice to people and has utter contempt for her
audience.'
She uncritically hosted war criminals on her program, so I have
contempt for Ellen DeGeneres. If one chooses to have war criminals on,
ask them about the issues of torture and life & death which they're
well-known for. I was never a member of her audience, but if I were a
member of her audience the feeling of contempt would be mutual.
Post by BTR1701
'She has been phoning it in for so long, and only staying for the money and
celebrity it affords her,' they said. 'We've dealt with her BS for so many
years, she's not innocent at all, she's not nice and the show is not filled
with happiness.'
[...]
'While it is our most profitable show in daytime, we no longer make the
money we used to make from the show, as we have to pay her tens of millions
of dollars per year to show up.'
I feel sorry for the lower-paid workers, not the highly-paid execs or
Ellen DeGeneres. Wealthy people can literally afford the problems that
come with having their jobs be "cancelled" in so-called "cancel
culture". This is another example where the "cancel culture" won't
hurt the person in charge (DeGeneres) who I presume has hiring/firing
power. DeGeneres is said to be "'turning a blind eye' to rampant
sexual misconduct by senior-level producers". I believe that Glenn
Greenwald gets into this specific inequity in
(not specific to the Ellen
DeGeneres show or how she allegedly treats people but instead talking
about how "cancel culture" affects rich and poor people differently).
Post by BTR1701
In addition to these claims, the show was rocked again on Thursday
when three dozen employees of the daytime talk show alleged that
senior executives who work behind the scenes groped and kissed
staffers, solicited one of them for oral sex, and were 'handsy with
women.'
The article names the Exec. producers: "Executive producers [...]
Jonathan Norman, Kevin Lenman and Ed Glavin were accused by over 30
former employees of sexual misconduct"

30+ former employees (which undoubtedly includes women): Are we
supposed to employ the old (sexist) standard of "believe all women" or
employ the new subjective standard of picking whom to believe in
accordance with advancing some other agenda (as was done when
BelieveAllWomen proponents needed to make nice with the Democratic
Party in order to promote Joe Biden despite his multiple accusers)? I
know one standard that won't be used: believe evidence.

Doesn't identity politics say that we need more women in power in
order to reduce or eliminate the environments in which people are
mistreated? It can't be that women are people (not beings of pure
goodness and light) and that means that even women sometimes abuse
positions of power, right?

But please don't stop letting Hollywood tell us how to live -- from
the lack of due process, the inconsistent application of punishment
and reward, to the high tolerance for sexism in outcomes; the wheels
are really coming off MeToo bus (which is unfortunate because abuse is
a genuine problem which deserves serious investigation and
consequences). Oh Alyssa Milano, you font of MeToo hypocrisy, where
are you on this?
Post by BTR1701
'It's time for Ellen to leave TV. She's done enough damage. They should
replace her with someone wonderful like Jen Aniston. She's always a dream
when she comes by - gracious, kind and funny and we're actually allowed to
look her in the eyes!!'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8581717/Ellen-DeGeneres-telling-executives-shes-ready-call-quits.html
One of the bullet pointed lines in this article reads "An internal
investigation has been launched by WarnerMedia". If there's one place
you're likely to get serious analysis, it is an internal review.