What Did You Watch? 2019-08-08 (Thursday)
2019-08-09 08:30:41 UTC
After my workout and massage, I watched:

CONTACT: ALIEN MYSTERIES:
"Are We Alone?". Investigating if extraterrestrial life has contacted
humankind. A team of experts use the latest science and cutting-edge
technology and what they discover could reveal if there's an international
conspiracy to cover it all up. I watched this only because I was tired and
nothing more interesting was on. I'm tired of the establishing shots taken
from a drone flying overhead and the "Hollywood computer" they were using
that displays everything it is presumably searching thru for their query
before popping up windows with results. OK, so they began at HQ with their
supercomputer that had access to everything from The Government about UFOs
and looked at recent footage of what the navy encontered off California of an
elongated blip moving way faster than possible, much to the surprise of the
witnesses. After watching a vidclip of a witness, they decided to look for a
lesser-known one and dispatched a pair of investigatoprs to interview him. I
had to roll my eyes at the pulling up at dusk and hoping he didn't mind their
unexpected visit (really?). Lucky for them, he was ready and willing to talk.
At some point in the interview, he mentioned that he never heard any sonic
booms from it, which didn't make any sense since he was either in a jet
chasing it or on the aircraft carrier, but the hosts decided to investigate
that aspect further and their supercomputer search engine returned a bunch of
material about sky sounds, noticing that a bunch happened around the world in
August 2010, so they zeroed in on an occurance over a Tampa stadium and
looked at random FB postings made at the time. Are they accessing the NSA
computer? So they searched some more and the field team interviewed a man in
St Petersburg who posted a recording of the sky sounds to FB. The took a copy
to a sound scientist nearby who ran it thru a spectrometer (which made no
sense because it was auril, not visual) and couldn't match it to anything he
knew about. The supercomputer search engine then revealed that the sky sounds
traced a path (using like five data points) to a cluster of FB postings
(again, are they accessing rhe NSA computer?) in Wilmington, West VA. Once
again, they sent the investigating team there and I lost interest in watching
any more.

TWO AND A HALF MEN:
I watched the rest of one already in progress and the one after.

Watching Democrats come up with schemes to "catch Trump" is like
watching Wile E. Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.
Ian J. Ball
2019-08-09 17:47:45 UTC
Meh - this is my first day "post-Summer work", so I'll do a two-day tomorrow...
Capricorne
2019-08-09 18:12:30 UTC
Meh - this is my first day "post-Summer work", so I'll do a two-day tomorrow...
I've watched ELEMENTARY. Anyone recognized the city at the end? His
father will probably join him next week... :')
anim8rfsk
2019-08-09 18:31:23 UTC
Post by Capricorne
Meh - this is my first day "post-Summer work", so I'll do a two-day tomorrow...
I've watched ELEMENTARY. Anyone recognized the city at the end? His
father will probably join him next week... :')
Yeah, I watched it too. I thought this was the last episode, but apparently
there's one more.

The final shot is in Florence:
Capricorne
2019-08-09 18:36:35 UTC
https://images.wisegeek.com/florence-italy.jpg
Oh yeah, thanks.
anim8rfsk
2019-08-09 18:15:16 UTC
Meh - this is my first day "post-Summer work", so I'll do a two-day tomorrow...
You'll do today tomorrow??
2019-08-09 20:59:18 UTC
Meh - this is my first day "post-Summer work", so I'll do a two-day tomorrow...
Same.