NBC News levels despicable attack on Mitch McConnell because he won't toe the Democrat line on reparations
2019-07-09 01:05:05 UTC
NBC News just released an article that is clearly an attack on
McConnell because he put the kibosh on slavery reparations last month
when Democrats were trying to make an issue out of it:

NBC NEWS - Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, who said
recently he opposes paying government reparations to the
descendants of American slaves, has a family history deeply
entwined in the issue: Two of his great-great-grandfathers
were slave owners, U.S. census records show.

The two great-great-grandfathers, James McConnell and Richard
Daley, owned a total of at least 14 slaves in Limestone County,
Alabama - all but two of them female, according to the county
"Slave Schedules" in the 1850 and 1860 censuses.

The details about McConnell's ancestors, discovered by NBC
News through a search of ancestry and census records, came in
the wake of recent hearings on reparations before the House
Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights and
Civil Liberties.

NBC News, in several phone calls and emails to McConnell's
office, asked if the senator was aware that his great-great-
grandfathers were slave owners. The office did not respond
to those requests.

And they are shocked that McConnell didn't return their calls over
this?

I'm not a big McConnell fan, but what does this have to do with
anything? Is McConnell responsible for the fact that his great-great-
grandfathers, well over 160 years ago, owned slaves in Alabama?

This is nothing more than an attempt by Democrat media - in this case
NBC News - to shame McConnell for nixing what was a dumb Democrat idea
in the first place. McConnell was right when he said no one is alive
today is responsible for what happened way back then.

--
Watching Democrats come up with schemes to "catch Trump" is like
watching Wile E. Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.
Michael OConnor
2019-07-09 20:41:47 UTC
I'm not a McConnell fan either, but I am less a fan of reparations. There are a great number of people in this country who had zero ancestors who were actually residing in the United States during the slavery era, much less owned slaves, yet they are all on the hook for this. Also responsible for paying reparations are the descendants of all the 600,000 or more Union soldiers who died during the Civil War. Slavery was a terrible chapter in this nation's history, but it's been over 150 years since it ended and in my humble opinion it's about time to stop punishing the children for the sins of the great, great, great grand-fathers.
FPP
2019-07-09 22:24:20 UTC
Post by Michael OConnor
I'm not a McConnell fan either, but I am less a fan of reparations. There are a great number of people in this country who had zero ancestors who were actually residing in the United States during the slavery era, much less owned slaves, yet they are all on the hook for this. Also responsible for paying reparations are the descendants of all the 600,000 or more Union soldiers who died during the Civil War. Slavery was a terrible chapter in this nation's history, but it's been over 150 years since it ended and in my humble opinion it's about time to stop punishing the children for the sins of the great, great, great grand-fathers.
Reparations is a sure-fire loser. Whether it's right, or wrong, or
proper - it's a killer at the ballot box.

Any Dem who runs on reparations is dead. Period.
I can't think of a dumber proposal, unless it's providing free
healthcare to non-citizens.

It's like the Dems WANT to lose in 2020.
--
Trump: "I'm rich." (* but you can't see my taxes.)
"I'm smart." (* but you can't see my grades.)
"I'm totally exonerated." (* but you can't see the report.)
RichA
I have it on good authority that Christians as a whole will be suing Italy for $100 trillion trillion dollars for 800 years of persecution and killing.
The Horny Goat
2019-07-12 04:30:28 UTC
Are you talking about the Roman Colisseum or ;the Inquisition?
Rhino
2019-07-09 23:06:54 UTC
Post by Michael OConnor
I'm not a McConnell fan either, but I am less a fan of reparations. There are a great number of people in this country who had zero ancestors who were actually residing in the United States during the slavery era, much less owned slaves, yet they are all on the hook for this. Also responsible for paying reparations are the descendants of all the 600,000 or more Union soldiers who died during the Civil War. Slavery was a terrible chapter in this nation's history, but it's been over 150 years since it ended and in my humble opinion it's about time to stop punishing the children for the sins of the great, great, great grand-fathers.
And then there's the whole problem of rewarding people who are only
distant descendants of actual slaves for suffering they never experienced.

It's all just silly. It reminds me of a segment I saw once about
Europeans travelling around the Middle East a few years ago and asking
individuals that they met if their ancestors had participated in the
Crusades; if they were told yes, they apologized profusely for things
that their ancestors had done HUNDREDS OF YEARS AGO. And apparently
expected no similar apology from the Middle Easterners for any horrors
perpetrated by THEIR ancestors. In any case, I'm not convinced that
anyone could reliably trace their ancestry back that far and be certain
that their ancestor had participated in the Crusades.

And then there is the ENORMOUS can of worms that "reparations" creates.
It would appear to create a precedent and expectation that OTHER
injustices be handled with reparations. I've got news for anyone that
isn't knowledgeable about history: history is FULL of injustices.
Countless wars have killed many millions of people, shifted previous
borders, and resulted in transfer of ownership of resources from the
loser to the winner. How are we to pay reparations for all of THOSE as
well? How far back in time do we go? Right back to Ugh the Caveman
konking his neighbour Glorf on the head so that he can steal Glorf's
pig? Or woman? Cavemen didn't keep detailed records so it's going to be
damn near impossible to find any record of Ugh or Glorf or their crimes,
let alone determine who is descended from each so that Glorf's
descendants can be paid by Ugh's descendants.

Or do we stop at the boundaries of recorded history? That would still
take us back a few thousand years. Are descendants of the participants
of the Trojan Wars supposed to compensate one another, assuming we can
even figure out who actually is a descendant and who was a victim, who
was a perpetrator and who was an innocent bystander? And I submit that
you won't easily prove who the descendants were, let alone the
perpetrators, victims, and bystanders.

Will we try to track down all the Goths, Visigoths, etc. who overthrew
the Roman Empire and compensate the descendants of the Romans? What
about the descendants of the Pharoahs who enslaved almost everyone
around them?

Will we adjust borders back to some point in the past to redress
injustices? For example, the map of Europe changed a LOT in the
aftermath of WWI and WWII - and considerably in the wake of other
previous wars. Do we move borders back to where they were before those
wars? If we do, do countries that are now independent go back to being
parts of the many empires that existed before the big wars? For
instance, Poland had been entirely extinguished (except in the hearts of
its people) from the Napoleonic Wars through to the end of WW I. If we
"undid" the border changes at the end of WW I, Poland would be split
between the Russian Empire, the Austro-Hungarian Empire, and Prussia.
Czechoslovakia only came into existence at the end of WW I; previously
it had been three provinces of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. Would it be
re-added to the Austro-Hungarian Empire (which would have to be
re-created with someone being chosen to be the new Emperor).

If we DON'T compensate anyone but descendants of slaves, I think a lot
of people are going to be very upset at not being able to benefit from
the gravy train. Or simply because their ancestors' suffering was at
least as important to them as the suffering of the descendants of slaves.

As far as I'm concerned, the whole idea of reparations is an attempt to
undo history. That simply can't be done. It would be ENORMOUSLY
disruptive, even if you could figure out exactly who was compensating
who and you could properly calculate the correct payments - and collect
them. (What happens to people who are told they owe such-and-such in
reparations who simply don't have the money?)

No, my friends, the ONLY thing that makes sense is to LEARN FROM HISTORY
and try not to make the same mistakes again. You simply can't UNDO
history the way you can undo changes in a word processor.
2019-07-12 04:28:30 UTC
On Tue, 9 Jul 2019 19:06:54 -0400, Rhino
Post by Rhino
[...]
MOST nations have formerly had larger boundaries than they do now
(particularly in the Old World) so at what point do we decide "date
zero"

Similarly there is much intermarriage in today's populationi - should
the Irish part of me hate the English side of me? Should the French
side of me hate the German side of me? Or my wife's Polish ancestry
hate the German side of me? (Probably not since her father left
Poland before Hitler's invasion...)

My point is that my background is hardly unique or even unusual.
Adam H. Kerman
2019-07-09 20:53:22 UTC
Crosspost to newsgroups Ubi doesn't read removed.

Ubi's full-text copyright infringement was stolen from here:
https://therightscoop.com/nbc-news-levels-despicable-attack-on-mitch-mcconnell-because-he-wont-toe-the-democrat-line-on-reparations/
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
If they stick to the facts, then no, it's not a smeer nor a "despicable
attack". There's nothing for McConnell to comment upon that's nothing to
do with him. He's a professional politician; he'll be able to ignore
questions.

My ancestors were slaves. I look forward to my check. Can I just put a
lien on one of the Pyramids?
Michael OConnor
2019-07-09 21:36:06 UTC
My ancestors were slaves. I look forward to my check. Can I just put a
lien on one of the Pyramids?
Evaxtly, and if reparations toward African Americans were to become a reality, it would open the door to all kinds of other reparations, such as:

- Reparations to women because they were not allowed to vote until 1920 and they were routinely discriminated in the workplace for decades;

- Reparations to Hispanic Americans because all the land in the United States that did not belong to the Native Americans must have belonged to the Mexicans (it had to belong to somebody, didn't it?), and therefore we stole it all from them;

- Reparations to Great Britain for the United States "stealing" their 13 colonies from them in 1776 and the financial losses incurred by the Crown;

- Reparations to the LGBTQRSTV crowd because we didn't let Bob marry Ron and Sally marry Janet sooner, thus discriminating against them for about 230 years or so, not to mention failing to even recognize the 167 (and growing) different genders for the entire history of the United States less the last few years, thus discriminating against the tens of millions of gender-neutral and gender-questioning people in the 18th thru 20st centuries;

- And the list goes on...
trotsky
2019-07-09 22:03:43 UTC
Post by Michael OConnor
Post by Adam H. Kerman
[...]
I'd sooner see all these than have 700 billion dollars per year flushed
down the toilet for "defense".
RichA
Till the Chinese were telling you which toilets to clean today. Dummy.
BTR1701
2019-07-09 22:14:30 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
If blacks are owed reparations to redress the plunder of slavery and Jim
Crow, shouldn't women be owed reparations for hundreds of years of being
blocked out of the job market, plus thousands of years of spousal violence
and male tyranny?
trotsky
Yes. Your point?
FPP
2019-07-09 22:32:43 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Yup. Everybody was oppressed by somebody else, sometime, somewhere.
Once you start down this road, there is no end.
Adam H. Kerman
2019-07-09 23:36:34 UTC
https://therightscoop.com/nbc-news-levels-despicable-attack-on-mitch-mcconnell-because-he-wont-toe-the-democrat-line-on-reparations/
. . .
My ancestors were slaves. I look forward to my check. Can I just put a
lien on one of the Pyramids?
If blacks are owed reparations to redress the plunder of slavery and Jim
Crow, shouldn't women be owed reparations for hundreds of years of being
blocked out of the job market, plus thousands of years of spousal violence
and male tyranny?
Reparations go to the estate, so half of women's reparations would be
inherited by men.

Reparations are, essentially, a matter of "The sins of the fathers are
visited upon the sons." The reparations, therefore, will have to be
collected from the descendants of the slave owners themselves. Well, a
great many slaves were also descendants of slave owners, so they are
both the inheritor of the sin and the inheritor of the sinner. How is
that gonna work?

I used to know Ralph Connor slightly. He was an old-time black
entrepreneur, founded several manual labor businesses, then put himself
through various colleges to get business and accounting degress. He was
the first black mayor of Maywood, a western suburb of Chicago, actually
the first black mayor of any community of significant size in the
Chicago area predating Harold Washington and Richard Hatcher of Gary.

He was a card-carrying libertarian and later in life worked for the
Heartland Institute when they were still pure in their political
philosophy.

Warning for sensitive types: Jewish joke

He explained his opposition to reparations because you'd have to give
reparations to Jews who were slaves unto Pharoah in Egypt. Jews know
about compound interest and there wouldn't be enough money in the world
to pay off that debt.
BTR1701
2019-07-09 23:59:18 UTC
[...]
Which was McConnell's point with his comment about being in the same
boat as Obama.
A Friend
2019-07-10 03:37:53 UTC
[...]
Which was typically weaselly of him. "I didn't know about any of that
and am dismayed by it" would have done fine. Instead, he took a cheap
shot at Obama, as if any of this were a fit subject for humor.

Nobody should blame McConnell for what his remote ancestors did, but
they sure as hell can blame him for being a dick in the here and now.
BTR1701
2019-07-10 04:30:13 UTC
[...]
The only way it's a cheap shot is if McConnell and Obama actually bear
some blame for what some distant ancestor of his did.

Or I suppose you could consider it a cheap shot because it completely
took the wind out of the sails of the Outrage Brigade since there's no
way to hold him responsible for the sins of the father without doing the
same to Obama. McConnell masterfully short-circuited their 'gotcha'
moment, so no surprise they'd bitchily try to characterize it as a cheap
shot.
Nobody should blame McConnell for what his remote ancestors did, but
they sure as hell can blame him for being a dick in the here and now.
Why is it dickish to point out the hypocrisy of assholes for trying to
smear him with a set of circumstances for which they don't hold their
own accountable?

Has it gotten to the point where you're expected to just lie down and
take whatever defamation the Left throws at you and if you fight back,
let alone neutralize it, you're 'dickish'?

McConnell definitely has his assholish moments but this was not one of
them.
FPP
2019-07-10 06:00:23 UTC
[...]
No, dummy... it's not only a cheap shot, but it makes McConnell, and his
ancestors look even worse. And, yes, he looks like a complete asshole.

You see, it goes like this: Yes, McConnell and Obama have slave owner
ancestors in common... but Obama has them because his black female
ancestors were raped by their white slave masters.

Like, ummm, Mitch's relatives. See? No... of course you won't.
FPP
2019-07-10 06:14:20 UTC
[...]
Now, please... refute what I said. Pretty please? You just KNOW I'm
waiting...
The Horny Goat
2019-07-12 04:31:37 UTC
You see, it goes like this: Yes, McConnell and Obama have slave owner
ancestors in common... but Obama has them because his black female
ancestors were raped by their white slave masters.
Uh you DO know that Obama's black background is via his father who
came to the United States direct from Africa?
FPP
2019-07-12 04:36:38 UTC
You see, it goes like this: Yes, McConnell and Obama have slave owner
ancestors in common... but Obama has them because his black female
ancestors were raped by their white slave masters.
Uh you DO know that Obama's black background is via his father who
came to the United States direct from Africa?
Yes, and no. You DO know you're half right?
I meant what I said. Exactly what I said.
BTR1701
2019-07-12 05:47:06 UTC
You see, it goes like this: Yes, McConnell and Obama have slave owner
ancestors in common... but Obama has them because his black female
ancestors were raped by their white slave masters.
Uh you DO know that Obama's black background is via his father who
came to the United States direct from Africa?
Kamala Harris's father has written about how they have slave owners in
their past as well.

So whatever MSNBC was trying to imply by asking whether McConnell's
slave owner ancestors have any influence over his position on
reparations-- presumably that McConnell opposes reparations not because
it's a horrible idea, but because oppressing and owning people is in his
very DNA-- also applies to Kamala Harris, too.
FPP
2019-07-12 08:46:37 UTC
You see, it goes like this: Yes, McConnell and Obama have slave owner
ancestors in common... but Obama has them because his black female
ancestors were raped by their white slave masters.
Uh you DO know that Obama's black background is via his father who
came to the United States direct from Africa?
Kamala Harris's father has written about how they have slave owners in
their past as well.
So whatever MSNBC was trying to imply by asking whether McConnell's
slave owner ancestors have any influence over his position on
reparations-- presumably that McConnell opposes reparations not because
it's a horrible idea, but because oppressing and owning people is in his
very DNA-- also applies to Kamala Harris, too.
Comparing yourself as a descendant of slave owners to a man who actually
has slave ancestry in his background is the height of assholery.

It's like Hitler claiming a connection to the Jews he murdered because
they both have relatives that lived in the death camps... one as an
inmate, and the other as a guard.
trotsky
2019-07-12 08:56:56 UTC
You see, it goes like this: Yes, McConnell and Obama have slave owner
ancestors in common... but Obama has them because his black female
ancestors were raped by their white slave masters.
Uh you DO know that Obama's black background is via his father who
came to the United States direct from Africa?
Kamala Harris's father has written about how they have slave owners in
their past as well.
That sounds like Breitbart bullshit too. I suppose you'll be pulling
the cite out your ass any day now, right?
Post by BTR1701
So whatever MSNBC was trying to imply by asking whether McConnell's
slave owner ancestors have any influence over his position on
reparations-- presumably that McConnell opposes reparations not because
it's a horrible idea, but because oppressing and owning people is in his
very DNA-- also applies to Kamala Harris, too.
It does? Was the slave ownership in the U.S.? Or perhaps you thought
the Emancipation Proclamation is a universal truth that the whole world
abides by?
The Horny Goat
2019-07-14 05:45:36 UTC
Kamala Harris's father has written about how they have slave owners in
their past as well.
That sounds like Breitbart bullshit too. I suppose you'll be pulling
the cite out your ass any day now, right?
I missed that comment but I believe what's referred to is the fact
that due to the fact that sex between slaves and slaveholders (usually
non-consenual) was a fact of life (if not a rite of passage for young
men) in the Old South and thus over 8-10 generations the number of
people in the Black community who have no slaveholder forebears is
vanishingly small.

trotsky
2019-07-10 09:01:45 UTC
[...]
Bullshit. He was specifically trying to be an asshole you fucking
idiot. How the fuck can you be this stupid?
A Friend
2019-07-10 12:23:48 UTC
[...]
Oh, yeah, the Brigade and the Agenda are at it again. It's getting
hard to keep track of all the boogeymen.

The "gotcha moment" *didn't exist*. McConnell had nothing to apologize
for. "They" -- meaning me, I guess -- called his Obama remark a cheap
shot because it was. It was clueless. It was stupid. It was
McConnell.
Post by BTR1701
Nobody should blame McConnell for what his remote ancestors did, but
they sure as hell can blame him for being a dick in the here and now.
Why is it dickish to point out the hypocrisy of assholes for trying to
smear him with a set of circumstances for which they don't hold their
own accountable?
It's dickish because this is the first and, so far, only thing
McConnell has had to say about it. If you want to spread the story
Obama's way, you wait a few days and then get one of your neutered pet
media people to do it for you. McConnell just can't help himself. All
he can do is cry "Obama!" like a demented bird circling a grub he can't
catch.
Post by BTR1701
Has it gotten to the point where you're expected to just lie down and
take whatever defamation the Left throws at you and if you fight back,
let alone neutralize it, you're 'dickish'?
McConnell definitely has his assholish moments but this was not one of
them.
Yeah, it sure was one of them, and it's a crying shame you can't
recognize that.
BTR1701
2019-07-10 16:47:32 UTC
[...]
You seem to be doing just fine.
The "gotcha moment" *didn't exist*.
Oh, please. The entire story was a manufactured gotcha moment.
McConnell had nothing to apologize for.
And yet the hacks at MSNBC tried to generate something for him to
apologize for.
"They" -- meaning me, I guess -- called his Obama remark a cheap
shot because it was. It was clueless.
How was that clueless? McConnell cleverly pointed out that Obamus
Maximus, the Lightbringer, He Who Shall Not Be Criticized, Praise Be His
Name, fit the exact same criteria that MSNBC was leveling at him? Sounds
pretty clueful to me.
It was stupid.
In the eye of the beholder. However painting it as such-- as opposed to
focusing on the idiotic accusation and painting *it* as such-- merely
gives the impression you just don't like it when your own sacred cows
are gored.
Post by BTR1701
Nobody should blame McConnell for what his remote ancestors did, but
they sure as hell can blame him for being a dick in the here and now.
Why is it dickish to point out the hypocrisy of assholes for trying to
smear him with a set of circumstances for which they don't hold their
own accountable?
It's dickish because this is the first and, so far, only thing
McConnell has had to say about it.
That's because it's the first and only time the accusation was leveled
against him.
trotsky
2019-07-10 21:06:48 UTC
[...]
Are the spontaneous ones better, then?

---
2019-07-10 21:07:31 UTC
[...]
You're misunderstanding me. The moment did not exist because it was,
in fact, manufactured. It was fake, top to bottom. I've said over and
over again that McConnell is not responsible for the conduct of his
ancestors. I then proposed what he should have said instead of saying
something stupid about Obama. That last is how McConnell came off as
clueless -- and not for the first time, of course.
Ed Stasiak
2019-07-10 12:31:36 UTC
Which was McConnell's point with his comment about being in the same
boat as Obama.
Which was typically weaselly of him.  "I didn't know about any of that
and am dismayed by it" would have done fine.  Instead, he took a cheap
shot at Obama,
Nonsense, Obama is lauded as the first Black President yet his supporters display
their own racism by ignoring that his mom was White and he was raised in a White
family.
as if any of this were a fit subject for humor.
The entire concept of reparations is laughable and should be ridiculed any time
it’s brought up, as everybody can claim to be victims of some kinda historical
injustice.

And if McConnell's ancestors we’re in the U.S. far enough back that they owned
slaves, some of his ancestors may have been Black;

https://www.mic.com/articles/106856/geneticists-have-found-something-surprising-about-the-dna-of-white-people
Dec 19 2014

In fact, millions of Americans who consider themselves white actually have mixed-race
roots. A study offers yet more evidence that race is no more than a social construct.

Our "hidden" African ancestries. Population genetics scientists from institutions including
Harvard University analyzed DNA from thousands of Americans who described themselves
as being part of a singular racial group. The results, published in the American Journal of
Human Genetics, revealed that almost 4% of participants who identify as white have
"hidden" African ancestry.

The study included 150,000 white participants and several thousand Latinos and African
Americans. They collectively hailed from 48 states. Researchers used participants' DNA
samples to render their genetic profiles and compared the results to their self-reported
ancestries.

For example, researchers found white people with African ancestry at much higher rates
in southern states. As much as 12% of self-described European Americans from South
Carolina and Louisiana had African ancestry. And in other parts of the South, it was about
1 in 10. Researchers estimated that this interracial mixing, which geneticists call "admixture,"
started about six generations ago (roughly 180 years) — before African-Americans migrated
to the northern states.
A Friend
2019-07-10 15:40:29 UTC
Which was McConnell's point with his comment about being in the same
boat as Obama.
Which was typically weaselly of him.  "I didn't know about any of that
and am dismayed by it" would have done fine.  Instead, he took a cheap
shot at Obama,
Nonsense, Obama is lauded as the first Black President yet his
supporters display their own racism by ignoring that his mom was
White and he was raised in a White family.
Ed, Ed, Ed. Need I remind you what the definition of "black" is in
this country? Obama *was* the first black president.

I'm also not aware that anyone has ever, even for a moment, ignored the
fact that Obama was raised for the most part by his mother's parents.

Rest snipped. Reparations are a non-starter, and there's no need to
rant on about them. The other stuff, feh. Doesn't matter.
trotsky
2019-07-10 08:58:26 UTC
[...]
What the fuck boat is that? I see two boats: one with a white asshole,
and one with a guy that can identify as black. I have no idea what boat
you're talking about, but it's full of holes.
Ed Stasiak
2019-07-09 21:14:56 UTC
NBC News just released an article that is clearly an attack on
McConnell because he put the kibosh on slavery reparations last
ULAN BATOR (Reuters) - A few thousand Polish demonstrators
rallied in the Mongolian capital on Saturday to demand that the
Mongolian government pay Poles reparations for slavery, murder,
looting and generally acting rude in their invasion of Poland
in 1241 A.D.

"I want to go up to the closest Mongol and say, 'You can't understand
this, it's a Polish thing,' and then slap him up side the head with a
kielbasa, just for my mental health," Jan Kowolski, a member of the
Warsaw City Council, told the crowd.

The demonstrators, numbering about 2,000 to 3,000, came from all
parts of Poland, many traveling by bus from as far away as Krakow.
They chanted "Slavic Power!”, “Reparations!" and "Batu Kahn Sucks!"
"Apologize Golden Horde," said a sign carried by one demonstrator.

Kowolski, a self-proclaimed "elected revolutionary," said if the
Mongolian government did not act swiftly he personally would storm
the Treasury Department and take every last tugrik they have for
reparations.

Polish activist Lech Pszczolkowski told the crowd, "Mongolia owes
the Polish people a lot for what they endured 778 years ago!"
BTR1701
2019-07-09 22:01:36 UTC
NBC News just released an article that is clearly an attack on
McConnell because he put the kibosh on slavery reparations last month
NBC NEWS - Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, who said
recently he opposes paying government reparations to the
descendants of American slaves, has a family history deeply
entwined in the issue: Two of his great-great-grandfathers
were slave owners, U.S. census records show.
When asked about this, McConnell's response was brilliant:

"You know, I find myself in the same position as President Obama. We both
oppose reparations and we both are the descendants of slave owners."
NoBody
2019-07-10 12:48:27 UTC
NBC News just released an article that is clearly an attack on
McConnell because he put the kibosh on slavery reparations last month
NBC NEWS - Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, who said
recently he opposes paying government reparations to the
descendants of American slaves, has a family history deeply
entwined in the issue: Two of his great-great-grandfathers
were slave owners, U.S. census records show.
"You know, I find myself in the same position as President Obama. We both
oppose reparations and we both are the descendants of slave owners."
Oddly the media didn't approach Obama about this. Must have been an
oversight on their part...
A Friend
2019-07-10 15:36:35 UTC
Post by NoBody
NBC News just released an article that is clearly an attack on
McConnell because he put the kibosh on slavery reparations last month
NBC NEWS - Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, who said
recently he opposes paying government reparations to the
descendants of American slaves, has a family history deeply
entwined in the issue: Two of his great-great-grandfathers
were slave owners, U.S. census records show.
"You know, I find myself in the same position as President Obama. We both
oppose reparations and we both are the descendants of slave owners."
Oddly the media didn't approach Obama about this. Must have been an
oversight on their part...
They didn't ask Obama abut his ride on a flying saucer, either. Those
posers.
anim8rfsk
2019-07-12 10:56:59 UTC
Post by NoBody
NBC News just released an article that is clearly an attack on
McConnell because he put the kibosh on slavery reparations last month
NBC NEWS - Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, who said
recently he opposes paying government reparations to the
descendants of American slaves, has a family history deeply
entwined in the issue: Two of his great-great-grandfathers
were slave owners, U.S. census records show.
"You know, I find myself in the same position as President Obama. We both
oppose reparations and we both are the descendants of slave owners."
Oddly the media didn't approach Obama about this. Must have been an
oversight on their part...
As well as some others...

#WhatLiberalMedia