Wokesters: Disney's Snow White Ride Promotes Rape Culture
2021-05-03 21:01:10 UTC
I was sure this story was going to end with some kind of reveal that prince i
trans-testicle or something and therefore it was really a same-sex kiss.

Can't believe Disney missed that opportunity.

One would think that the legal system in a world where witches can put yo
into an irreversible sleep with an apple spell which can only be broken with
kiss, there would be an 'implied consent to kiss' doctrine for victims of i
written into the law.

-------------------------------------
Just days after Disneyland has reopened with an update to its Snow Whit
attraction, the move is already receiving backlash.

According to Disney, Snow White's Enchanted Wish takes guests aboard a woode
mine cart as they accompany the princess as she escapes the clutches of th
Evil Queen.

"Begin your fairytale journey in the cozy cottage of the Seven Dwarfs, the
visit dazzling mines filled with glowing gems. Soon you’ll be riding into th
Queen’s sorcery chamber and discovering a magic mirror just as Snow Whit
bites into a poisoned apple!," a description on the theme park's websit
reads. "When all looks lost, will Snow White find her own happily eve
after?"

The ride is enhanced with new music, LED back lighting, laser projections, a
animation system, and new scenes, including Snow White dancing and the evi
Queen's collection of spell books and bubbling potions.

"The Snow White attraction has such a rich history," Kim Irvine, creativ
executive for Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney Imagineering, said in
statement. "We wanted to take into account the beautiful scenic work that ha
always existed and retell the story in a special way. We believe guests wil
enjoy this sweet storyline in a stunning experience."

However, it's the "true love's kiss" grand finale between Snow White and he
prince that is drawing scrutiny from the San Francisco Gate.

"The new grand finale of Snow White's Enchanted Wish is the moment when th
Prince finds Snow White asleep under the Evil Queen's spell and gives he
"true love's kiss" to release her from the enchantment," the outlet writes. "
kiss he gives to her without her consent, while she's asleep, which canno
possibly be true love if only one person knows it's happening."

"Haven't we already agreed that consent in early Disney movies is a majo
issue? That teaching kids that kissing, when it hasn't been established i
both parties are willing to engage, is not OK?," The San Francisco Gat
continues. "It's hard to understand why the Disneyland of 2021 would choose t
add a scene with such old fashioned ideas of what a man is allowed to do to
woman, especially given the company's current emphasis on removing problemati
scenes from rides like Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain. Why not re-imagin
an ending in keeping with the spirit of the movie and Snow White's place i
the Disney canon, but that avoids this problem?"

Snow White is the latest Disney theme park attraction to stir controversy
following backlash for "negative depictions" of indigenous people in scenes o
The Jungle Cruise attraction and for the Splash Mountain attraction's ties t
the 1946 film "Song of the South".

The company announced earlier this year that it would redesign The Jungl
Cruise to replace the scenes in question and was praised for its decision t
re-theme Splash Mountain after the 2009 animated film "The Princess and th
Frog", which features a Black female lead.

In addition to its theme parks, the company's streaming service, Disney+
added "offensive content" disclaimers to select episodes of The Muppets an
films including The Aristocats, Dumbo, Peter Pan, and Swiss Family Robinson.

A Disneyland spokesperson did not immediately return FOX Business' request fo
comment on the San Francisco Gate's report.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/this-new-scene-from-disneylands-snow-white-ride-is-prompting-backlash
moviePig
2021-05-03 21:13:26 UTC
I was sure this story was going to end with some kind of reveal that prince is
trans-testicle or something and therefore it was really a same-sex kiss.
Can't believe Disney missed that opportunity.
One would think that the legal system in a world where witches can put you
into an irreversible sleep with an apple spell which can only be broken with a
kiss, there would be an 'implied consent to kiss' doctrine for victims of it
written into the law.
-------------------------------------
Just days after Disneyland has reopened with an update to its Snow White
attraction, the move is already receiving backlash.
According to Disney, Snow White's Enchanted Wish takes guests aboard a wooden
mine cart as they accompany the princess as she escapes the clutches of the
Evil Queen.
"Begin your fairytale journey in the cozy cottage of the Seven Dwarfs, then
visit dazzling mines filled with glowing gems. Soon you’ll be riding into the
Queen’s sorcery chamber and discovering a magic mirror just as Snow White
bites into a poisoned apple!," a description on the theme park's website
reads. "When all looks lost, will Snow White find her own happily ever
after?"
The ride is enhanced with new music, LED back lighting, laser projections, an
animation system, and new scenes, including Snow White dancing and the evil
Queen's collection of spell books and bubbling potions.
"The Snow White attraction has such a rich history," Kim Irvine, creative
executive for Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney Imagineering, said in a
statement. "We wanted to take into account the beautiful scenic work that has
always existed and retell the story in a special way. We believe guests will
enjoy this sweet storyline in a stunning experience."
However, it's the "true love's kiss" grand finale between Snow White and her
prince that is drawing scrutiny from the San Francisco Gate.
"The new grand finale of Snow White's Enchanted Wish is the moment when the
Prince finds Snow White asleep under the Evil Queen's spell and gives her
"true love's kiss" to release her from the enchantment," the outlet writes. "A
kiss he gives to her without her consent, while she's asleep, which cannot
possibly be true love if only one person knows it's happening."
"Haven't we already agreed that consent in early Disney movies is a major
issue? That teaching kids that kissing, when it hasn't been established if
both parties are willing to engage, is not OK?," The San Francisco Gate
continues. "It's hard to understand why the Disneyland of 2021 would choose to
add a scene with such old fashioned ideas of what a man is allowed to do to a
woman, especially given the company's current emphasis on removing problematic
scenes from rides like Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain. Why not re-imagine
an ending in keeping with the spirit of the movie and Snow White's place in
the Disney canon, but that avoids this problem?"
Snow White is the latest Disney theme park attraction to stir controversy,
following backlash for "negative depictions" of indigenous people in scenes on
The Jungle Cruise attraction and for the Splash Mountain attraction's ties to
the 1946 film "Song of the South".
The company announced earlier this year that it would redesign The Jungle
Cruise to replace the scenes in question and was praised for its decision to
re-theme Splash Mountain after the 2009 animated film "The Princess and the
Frog", which features a Black female lead.
In addition to its theme parks, the company's streaming service, Disney+,
added "offensive content" disclaimers to select episodes of The Muppets and
films including The Aristocats, Dumbo, Peter Pan, and Swiss Family Robinson.
A Disneyland spokesperson did not immediately return FOX Business' request for
comment on the San Francisco Gate's report.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/this-new-scene-from-disneylands-snow-white-ride-is-prompting-backlash
Iirc, given half a chance, kids realize that fairy tales aren't real.
But if there's a petition to remove 'Santa Claus', I might sign on...
BTR1701
Remove Santa Clause from what?
moviePig
From English-speaking children's catechism.
BTR1701
2021-05-03 22:37:38 UTC
I was sure this story was going to end with some kind of reveal that
the prince is really a trans-testicle or something and therefore it
was really a same-sex kiss.
Can't believe Disney missed that opportunity.
One would think that the legal system in a world where witches can put
you into an irreversible sleep with an apple spell which can only be
broken with a kiss, there would be an 'implied consent to kiss'
doctrine for victims of it written into the law.
-------------------------------------
Just days after Disneyland has reopened with an update to its
Snow White attraction, the move is already receiving backlash.
Iirc, given half a chance, kids realize that fairy tales aren't real.
But if there's a petition to remove 'Santa Claus', I might sign on...
Remove Santa Clause from what?
From English-speaking children's catechism.
You mean you want to make it crime or something for parents to tell
their kids about Santa Claus?
moviePig
Or something.
BTR1701
2021-05-04 03:30:37 UTC
I was sure this story was going to end with some kind of reveal that
the prince is really a trans-testicle or something and therefore it
was really a same-sex kiss.
Can't believe Disney missed that opportunity.
One would think that the legal system in a world where witches can put
you into an irreversible sleep with an apple spell which can only be
broken with a kiss, there would be an 'implied consent to kiss'
doctrine for victims of it written into the law.
-------------------------------------
Just days after Disneyland has reopened with an update to its
Snow White attraction, the move is already receiving backlash.
Iirc, given half a chance, kids realize that fairy tales aren't real.
But if there's a petition to remove 'Santa Claus', I might sign on...
Remove Santa Clause from what?
From English-speaking children's catechism.
You mean you want to make it crime or something for parents to tell
their kids about Santa Claus?
Or something.
Well, I don't have the energy or desire to play your "pry the details
out of my repeatedly and intentionally vague replies" game today, so
have fun with that.
trotsky
2021-05-04 09:49:25 UTC
I was sure this story was going to end with some kind of reveal that
the prince is really a trans-testicle or something and therefore it
was really a same-sex kiss.
Can't believe Disney missed that opportunity.
One would think that the legal system in a world where witches can put
you into an irreversible sleep with an apple spell which can only be
broken with a kiss, there would be an 'implied consent to kiss'
doctrine for victims of it written into the law.
-------------------------------------
Just days after Disneyland has reopened with an update to its
Snow White attraction, the move is already receiving backlash.
Iirc, given half a chance, kids realize that fairy tales aren't real.
But if there's a petition to remove 'Santa Claus', I might sign on...
Remove Santa Clause from what?
From English-speaking children's catechism.
You mean you want to make it crime or something for parents to tell
their kids about Santa Claus?
Or something.
Well, I don't have the energy or desire to play your "pry the details
out of my repeatedly and intentionally vague replies" game today, so
have fun with that.
I can't blame you there, but then again who the fuck on Usenet is more
deserving of this than you, Derp?
moviePig
2021-05-04 14:56:47 UTC
I was sure this story was going to end with some kind of reveal that
the prince is really a trans-testicle or something and therefore it
was really a same-sex kiss.
Can't believe Disney missed that opportunity.
One would think that the legal system in a world where witches can put
you into an irreversible sleep with an apple spell which can only be
broken with a kiss, there would be an 'implied consent to kiss'
doctrine for victims of it written into the law.
-------------------------------------
Just days after Disneyland has reopened with an update to its
Snow White attraction, the move is already receiving backlash.
Iirc, given half a chance, kids realize that fairy tales aren't real.
But if there's a petition to remove 'Santa Claus', I might sign on...
Remove Santa Clause from what?
From English-speaking children's catechism.
You mean you want to make it crime or something for parents to tell
their kids about Santa Claus?
Or something.
Well, I don't have the energy or desire to play your "pry the details
out of my repeatedly and intentionally vague replies" game today, so
have fun with that.
'Or something' was the alternative you offered to the draconian one of
making it a crime. But, as for the Santa Claus myth, afaics it's at
best ritualistic fun for parents that their kids will later pay for.
BTR1701
2021-05-04 17:24:54 UTC
I was sure this story was going to end with some kind of reveal that
the prince is really a trans-testicle or something and therefore it
was really a same-sex kiss.
Can't believe Disney missed that opportunity.
One would think that the legal system in a world where witches can put
you into an irreversible sleep with an apple spell which can only be
broken with a kiss, there would be an 'implied consent to kiss'
doctrine for victims of it written into the law.
-------------------------------------
Just days after Disneyland has reopened with an update to its
Snow White attraction, the move is already receiving backlash.
Iirc, given half a chance, kids realize that fairy tales aren't real.
But if there's a petition to remove 'Santa Claus', I might sign on...
Remove Santa Clause from what?
From English-speaking children's catechism.
You mean you want to make it crime or something for parents to tell
their kids about Santa Claus?
Or something.
Well, I don't have the energy or desire to play your "pry the details
out of my repeatedly and intentionally vague replies" game today, so
have fun with that.
'Or something' was the alternative you offered to the draconian one of
making it a crime.
Which in normal conversation is an invitation for an explanation.
Post by moviePig
But, as for the Santa Claus myth, afaics it's at
best ritualistic fun for parents that their kids will later pay for.
Even assuming that absurdity as true, what does your petition propose be
done about it? You can't have a petition addressed to "all American
parents". It has to be directed at some entity that has the power to do
something about it. So I guess I'll ask again and hope for an actual
answer rather than your typical linguistic legerdemain: are you
suggesting the government should outlaw parents telling their kids about
Santa Claus?
moviePig
2021-05-04 18:10:08 UTC
I was sure this story was going to end with some kind of reveal that
the prince is really a trans-testicle or something and therefore it
was really a same-sex kiss.
Can't believe Disney missed that opportunity.
One would think that the legal system in a world where witches can put
you into an irreversible sleep with an apple spell which can only be
broken with a kiss, there would be an 'implied consent to kiss'
doctrine for victims of it written into the law.
-------------------------------------
Just days after Disneyland has reopened with an update to its
Snow White attraction, the move is already receiving backlash.
Iirc, given half a chance, kids realize that fairy tales aren't real.
But if there's a petition to remove 'Santa Claus', I might sign on...
Remove Santa Clause from what?
From English-speaking children's catechism.
You mean you want to make it crime or something for parents to tell
their kids about Santa Claus?
Or something.
Well, I don't have the energy or desire to play your "pry the details
out of my repeatedly and intentionally vague replies" game today, so
have fun with that.
'Or something' was the alternative you offered to the draconian one of
making it a crime.
Which in normal conversation is an invitation for an explanation.
I see it as diminishing a concern as trivial.
But, as for the Santa Claus myth, afaics it's at
best ritualistic fun for parents that their kids will later pay for.
Even assuming that absurdity as true, what does your petition propose be
done about it? You can't have a petition addressed to "all American
parents". It has to be directed at some entity that has the power to do
something about it. So I guess I'll ask again and hope for an actual
answer rather than your typical linguistic legerdemain: are you
suggesting the government should outlaw parents telling their kids about
Santa Claus?
'Petition' was intended fancifully. I meant to suggest that efforts to
gut popular fairy tales should perhaps focus on one that does harm.
BTR1701
2021-05-04 18:31:09 UTC
I was sure this story was going to end with some kind of reveal that
the prince is really a trans-testicle or something and therefore it
was really a same-sex kiss.
Can't believe Disney missed that opportunity.
One would think that the legal system in a world where witches can put
you into an irreversible sleep with an apple spell which can only be
broken with a kiss, there would be an 'implied consent to kiss'
doctrine for victims of it written into the law.
-------------------------------------
Just days after Disneyland has reopened with an update to its
Snow White attraction, the move is already receiving backlash.
Iirc, given half a chance, kids realize that fairy tales aren't real.
But if there's a petition to remove 'Santa Claus', I might sign on...
Remove Santa Clause from what?
From English-speaking children's catechism.
[...]
All my life and I've never met anyone who was harmed by the fun of Santa
as a kid. What are the odds?
moviePig
...that the harm could prevent recognition? Who knows...
BTR1701
Oh, so now I've been devastated by this child abuse, too?
moviePig
Well, I suppose what doesn't kill you could make you stronger...
trotsky
You obviously had to have been beaten in the head at some point in time.
FPP
2021-05-04 21:15:19 UTC
[...]
From English-speaking children's catechism.
[...]
It would explain a lot...
--
Memoriam for the Turd Reich: "Truth isn't truth!" (Yes, it is.)*
"What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening."

* Under New Management -January 20, 2021
FPP
2021-05-03 23:25:07 UTC
I was sure this story was going to end with some kind of reveal that
the prince is really a trans-testicle or something and therefore it
was really a same-sex kiss.
Can't believe Disney missed that opportunity.
One would think that the legal system in a world where witches can put
you into an irreversible sleep with an apple spell which can only be
broken with a kiss, there would be an 'implied consent to kiss'
doctrine for victims of it written into the law.
-------------------------------------
Just days after Disneyland has reopened with an update to its
Snow White attraction, the move is already receiving backlash.
Iirc, given half a chance, kids realize that fairy tales aren't real.
But if there's a petition to remove 'Santa Claus', I might sign on...
Remove Santa Clause from what?
From English-speaking children's catechism.
You mean you want to make it crime or something for parents to tell
their kids about Santa Claus?
Sure, why not? You'd believe it.

trotsky
2021-05-04 09:52:59 UTC
I was sure this story was going to end with some kind of reveal that
the prince is really a trans-testicle or something and therefore it
was really a same-sex kiss.
Can't believe Disney missed that opportunity.
One would think that the legal system in a world where witches can put
you into an irreversible sleep with an apple spell which can only be
broken with a kiss, there would be an 'implied consent to kiss'
doctrine for victims of it written into the law.
-------------------------------------
Just days after Disneyland has reopened with an update to its
Snow White attraction, the move is already receiving backlash.
Iirc, given half a chance, kids realize that fairy tales aren't real.
But if there's a petition to remove 'Santa Claus', I might sign on...
Remove Santa Clause from what?
From English-speaking children's catechism.
You mean you want to make it crime or something for parents to tell
their kids about Santa Claus?
You fucking dumbass, how far down the rabbit hole do you want to fall it
mpig?
Ubiquitous
2021-05-04 11:13:26 UTC
I was sure this story was going to end with some kind of reveal that
the prince is really a trans-testicle or something and therefore it
was really a same-sex kiss.
Can't believe Disney missed that opportunity.
One would think that the legal system in a world where witches can put
you into an irreversible sleep with an apple spell which can only be
broken with a kiss, there would be an 'implied consent to kiss'
doctrine for victims of it written into the law.
-------------------------------------
Just days after Disneyland has reopened with an update to its
Snow White attraction, the move is already receiving backlash.
Iirc, given half a chance, kids realize that fairy tales aren't real.
But if there's a petition to remove 'Santa Claus', I might sign on...
Remove Santa Clause from what?
From English-speaking children's catechism.
You mean you want to make it crime or something for parents to tell
their kids about Santa Claus?
It appears that RAT's own Norm Chomsky has struck again! LOL

Trump won.
RichA
Could happen. Disney isn't exactly run by people who celebrate Christmas.
Rhino
2021-05-03 21:34:13 UTC
I was sure this story was going to end with some kind of reveal that prince is
trans-testicle or something and therefore it was really a same-sex kiss.
So consent isn't an issue for same-sex kisses?
Can't believe Disney missed that opportunity.
Opportunity? Or minefield?
One would think that the legal system in a world where witches can put you
into an irreversible sleep with an apple spell which can only be broken
with a
kiss, there would be an 'implied consent to kiss' doctrine for victims of it
written into the law.
If Disney really means to bend the knee to these lunatics, the
"re-imagining" is going to need to be different. I think they're going
to have to have a scene where the prince and Snow White already knew
each other and she had already made him promise that if she was ever
found in an irreversible sleep, he would kiss her awake. That would
solve the consent problem since she would have given consent in advance.

Of course that assumes that "woke" idiots believe in prior consent and
don't declare that the only valid consent is that given immediately
prior to the kiss. Frankly, I can see them making that argument. I
remember reading an article a few years ago where some activist type
insisted that even consent just before the act wasn't good enough
because the woman could ALWAYS declare the next morning that she wasn't
in her right mind when she gave consent. I don't know if that line of
reasoning has ever been tested in court but that is TRULY frightening.
Any guy who'd been a perfect gentleman, got consent and went ahead with
the full co-operation of his lover could STILL be prosecuted for rape
because his lover could change her mind the next day and decide that she
hadn't really meant it when she gave consent.

Does anyone know if that doctrine was ever tested in court? I'm
wondering how many guys are rotting in prison because their lovers
changed their minds after the fact.
-------------------------------------
2021-05-03 22:57:49 UTC
[...]
That’s always been part of their idiot rules. You can’t give blanket
permission like “kiss me anytime you want”

It has some sort of built-in expiration date but of course there are no
actual rules for that; you can only do it wrong.

And I’m quite sure you can’t kiss someone who’s asleep or unconscious under
any circumstances.
2021-05-04 00:25:50 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
permission like “kiss me anytime you want”
It has some sort of built-in expiration date but of course there are no
actual rules for that; you can only do it wrong.
And I’m quite sure you can’t kiss someone who’s
asleep or unconscious under
Post by anim8rfsk
any circumstances.
In that case, you pretty much have to abandon the whole story of Snow
White altogether unless you can think of some way he can wake her
romantically without physical contact.

Hmm.... I've got it! He sees the beautiful Snow White lying there and
begins to weep at the tragedy of her never rejoining the world and his
tears land on her and stir her back to life. THEN, once she opens her
eyes, he is overcome, asks if he can kiss her, she says yes, they file
the necessary paperwork with the government (which involves getting
multiple witness signatures and having both Snow White and Prince
Charming take polygraphs to make sure they really truly mean it), then
they finally kiss and live happily ever after.

OR

Disney's management could grow some balls and just say No, we're not
going to have the story destroyed by woke idiots and just ignore all
their nonsense and tell the story the way it has been told from the
beginning, three full centuries ago. Which, of course, will never ever
happen in the cockamamie world we find ourselves living in.
2021-05-04 01:32:49 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
any circumstances.
In that case, you pretty much have to abandon the whole story of Snow
White altogether unless you can think of some way he can wake her
romantically without physical contact.
Hmm.... I've got it! He sees the beautiful Snow White lying there and
begins to weep at the tragedy of her never rejoining the world and his
tears land on her and stir her back to life. THEN, once she
Sharing of bodily fluids without prior consent.

opens her
Post by anim8rfsk
eyes, he is overcome, asks if he can kiss her, she says yes, they file
the necessary paperwork with the government (which involves getting
multiple witness signatures and having both Snow White and Prince
Charming take polygraphs to make sure they really truly mean it), then
they finally kiss and live happily ever after.
OR
Disney's management could grow some balls and just say No, we're not
going to have the story destroyed by woke idiots and just ignore all
their nonsense and tell the story the way it has been told from the
beginning, three full centuries ago. Which, of course, will never ever
happen in the cockamamie world we find ourselves living in.
Yeah. :(
Your Name
2021-05-04 00:27:36 UTC
[...]
Even common sense (which is getting rarer by the day!) would tell any
sane person that there will be times when someone doesn't want to be
kissed, most obviously when they're very mad at you.
It has some sort of built-in expiration date but of course there are no
actual rules for that; you can only do it wrong.
Of course, because you can't read someone else's mind. Which is one of
the many many ways in which this "Political Correctness" nonsense is so
silly. You can't possibly get written permission in triplicate every
time before you do something. The entire human race would simply stop
doing anything at all for fear of offending someone else.

Simple common sense will tell you that sometimes you will get it wrong,
and as long as you don't keep trying to force the situation, anyone
with a brain understands that.
And I'm quite sure you can't kiss someone who's asleep or unconscious under
any circumstances.
In the fantasy world of "Politically Correct" loonies, probably.

In the real world people often kiss a family member who is lying in
hospital in a coma, for example. Parents often kiss sleeping kids
goodnight, and spouses often kiss their sleeping / half-alseep partner
goodnight, or goodbye if they're leaving early in the morning.

The whole "Political Correctness" nonsense is simply complete garbage.
It's rules-for-the-sake-of-rules because people are getting lazier,
stupider, and losing any degree common sense.

Humans claim themselves to be the most "intelligent species" ... the
reality is that most are dumber than tree stumps. :-\
FPP
2021-05-03 23:24:26 UTC
However, it's the "true love's kiss" grand finale between Snow White and her
prince that is drawing scrutiny from the San Francisco Gate.
"The new grand finale of Snow White's Enchanted Wish is the moment when the
Prince finds Snow White asleep under the Evil Queen's spell and gives her
"true love's kiss" to release her from the enchantment," the outlet writes. "A
kiss he gives to her without her consent, while she's asleep, which cannot
possibly be true love if only one person knows it's happening."
Fox and NY Post again?

Yes, and Disney isn't going to serve meat any more.
And they're going to give away copies of Kamala Harris's book, amirite?

trotsky
2021-05-04 09:33:10 UTC
On 5/3/21 4:01 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

In actuality Trump and Epstein promoted rape culture but right wing
assholes had nothing to say about that. Cat got your balls again, Derp?
thinbluemime CAN"T KEEP A GOOD MIME DOWN
2021-05-04 13:09:11 UTC
However, it's the "true love's kiss" grand finale between Snow White and her
prince that is drawing scrutiny from the San Francisco Gate.
"The new grand finale of Snow White's Enchanted Wish is the moment when the
Prince finds Snow White asleep under the Evil Queen's spell and gives her
"true love's kiss" to release her from the enchantment," the outlet writes. "A
kiss he gives to her without her consent, while she's asleep, which cannot
possibly be true love if only one person knows it's happening."
A Vatican spokesperson did not immediately return FOX Business' request for
comment on the San Francisco Gate's report.
I'm gonna wait for the wholesome Disney's "Mary the virgin mother of Jesus" attraction

--------