[OT] Covid Masks Result In Increase Of “Aggressive Eye Contact!”
2020-08-02 02:54:35 UTC
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8564247/Are-masks-giving-men-licence-stare-Women-report-rise-aggressive-eye-contact.html

Are masks giving men a licence to leer? Women report a rise in 'aggressive eye contact’ since
face coverings became commonplace as an expert warns they 'provide anonymity' for threatening
behaviour

Women online are reporting a rise in 'aggressive eye contact' from men in masks
Social media users are sharing stories of 'so much hard staring happening'
UN Women UK Executive Director said to be aware of 'anonymity masks provide'
Claire Barnett told FEMAIL: 'We need to create an understanding that behaviour like unwanted
and persistent staring is intimidating'

Women across the country are reporting a rise in 'aggressive eye contact' since the introduction
of face coverings in some public places.

New laws introduced over the weekend force customers to wear face masks in all shops, stations,
banks and post offices, while it is also mandatory to wear coverings on public transport.

But many women have been sharing stories online of 'aggressive eye contact' and 'hard staring'
from men wearing masks, with one tweeting: 'Grown men staring at you with a mask on is worse
than when they don't have a mask.'

UN Women UK Executive Director Claire Barnett told FEMAIL: 'As we work to "build back better"
following lockdown, we need to prevent the lack of witnesses of antisocial behaviour due to less
populated public spaces, as well as the anonymity face coverings can provide, leading to further
rises in harassment and threatening actions towards women, girls and minoritised groups.

'This will require widespread changes in attitudes and behaviour - creating an understanding that
behaviour like unwanted and persistent staring is intimidating, and that we all have a role to play
in making our public spaces more inclusive.'

Women are complaining about a rise in intimidating behaviour from men wearing masks, with many
taking to social media to share their stories.

One person commented: 'Does anybody else feel like men are way more aggressively demanding
eye contact in public since we all started wearing masks?

'So much hard staring happening. And I can't diffuse the attention by smiling like women are
conditioned to do. It's weird.'

Another wrote: 'Seriously, we all are wearing masks and some men still keep staring. WTF is wrong?'

'Do men realize that masks don't cover their eyes so we can still ****** See them staring like the
creepy pieces of s*** they are?????' one added.

'A jaunt downtown revealed men do not understand the anatomy of masks,' another wrote.

'The masks do not cover your eyes. I can still see you staring, idiots.'

Claire told FEMAIL that the crisis continues to have a 'damaging effect on women's economic
opportunities, social experiences and health' so it remains 'more important than ever that women
can move freely through public space without intimidation.

She explained: 'As part of our campaign to make the UK's public spaces safer and more inclusive
for women and girls, we're hearing reports of rising harassment and threatening behaviour in the
streets and on transport, in addition to the clearly documented rising domestic abuse within the
home.

'This can be particularly severe for women who also experience another intersecting minority characteristic, like women of colour and differently-abled people.'

Claire went on to say that it was important to be wary that the anonymity face masks provide,
as well as the less populated spaces, don't lead to an increased rate of harassment for women.

Masks have been compulsory on public transport since July 15 after evolving scientific advice
suggested they could help stop Covid sufferers without symptoms from spreading the disease.

But over the weekend, new laws were introduced to make face coverings mandatory in shops,
supermarkets and enclosed shopping centres as well as train stations, banks, post offices,
building societies, bus stations and airports.

Failure to comply could result in a £100 spot fine, although police forces have indicated they will
only respond as a 'last resort'. Scotland Yard said it hopes shoppers who refuse to wear masks
will be 'shamed' into compliance.

A mask can only be removed in a shop for a small number of reasons, such as allowing staff to
check someone's identity or age or to communicate with a deaf lip reader. Shop staff do not
have to wear coverings but it is 'strongly recommended' that employers ask them to do so
unless they have other precautions such as screens.
BTR1701
2020-08-02 04:35:27 UTC
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8564247/Are-masks-giving-men-licenc
e-stare-Women-report-rise-aggressive-eye-contact.html
UN Women UK Executive Director Claire Barnett told FEMAIL: 'As we work to
"build back better" following lockdown, we need to prevent the lack of
witnesses of antisocial behaviour due to less populated public spaces,
as well as the anonymity face coverings can provide
And how do you do that?

If there aren't witnesses because people aren't allowed to gather, how
do prevent the lack of witnesses?

If masks provide anonymity, how do you require masks and not have that
anonymity? Are you suggesting everyone should have to wear a name tag
with their name and address pinned to their shirt?
Post by Ed Stasiak
leading to further rises in harassment and threatening actions towards
women and girls
Y'all didn't seem all that worried about threatening actions towards
women and girls when you were importing tens of thousands of
fighting-age Muslim males into the country.
Post by Ed Stasiak
'This will require widespread changes in attitudes and behaviour'
Oh, you're now legislating 'attitudes' along with everything else in the
UK, are you?
Post by Ed Stasiak
One person commented: 'Does anybody else feel like men are way more
aggressively demanding eye contact in public since we all started
wearing masks?
How does a man 'demand' eye contact? Does he shout out on a bus or a
train, "I require you to look me in the eyes right now!"
But the crisis has been just peachy for men, right, sweetheart?
Rhino
2020-08-02 04:49:39 UTC
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8564247/Are-masks-giving-men-licenc
e-stare-Women-report-rise-aggressive-eye-contact.html
UN Women UK Executive Director Claire Barnett told FEMAIL: 'As we work to
"build back better" following lockdown, we need to prevent the lack of
witnesses of antisocial behaviour due to less populated public spaces,
as well as the anonymity face coverings can provide
And how do you do that?
If there aren't witnesses because people aren't allowed to gather, how
do prevent the lack of witnesses?
If masks provide anonymity, how do you require masks and not have that
anonymity? Are you suggesting everyone should have to wear a name tag
with their name and address pinned to their shirt?
Suggest it? They'll DEMAND it! And give the Woke Police the authority to
make you prove the name tag is accurate whenever they have the whim to
do so. The penalty for a false name tag will be serious too, probably
prison or a re-education camp which will make prison seem like a picnic.
Post by Ed Stasiak
'This will require widespread changes in attitudes and behaviour'
Oh, you're now legislating 'attitudes' along with everything else in the
UK, are you?
Don't worry, I'm sure this will come to our countries too!
Post by Ed Stasiak
Claire told FEMAIL that the crisis continues to have a 'damaging effect on
women's economic opportunities, social experiences and health'
But the crisis has been just peachy for men, right, sweetheart?
Apparently, these women have had so little to do during the lockdown
that they've found the time to invent eye crimes and write about them.
2020-08-02 05:30:14 UTC
Post by Ed Stasiak
Claire told FEMAIL that the crisis continues to have a 'damaging effect on
women's economic opportunities, social experiences and health'
But the crisis has been just peachy for men, right, sweetheart?
Apparently, these women have had so little to do during the lockdown
that they've found the time to invent eye crimes and write about them.
Oh, fuck... the whack-a-doodle right wing echo chamber is active tonight.
--
History will show when Tyranny came to the streets of America, the 3%,
Militiamen and Gun Nuts, who like to dress up as GI Joe in tactical

"Leaders who have hidden in a bunker and gassed their own citizens
include Saddam Hussein, Adolf Hitler and Donald [Bunker Bitch] Trump." -
Ben Wexler
REAL PRESIDENTS LEAD. REALITY TV PRESIDENTS DON'T.

Trump: "No, I don't take responsibility at all." - 3/13/20
Ed Stasiak
2020-08-02 12:52:46 UTC
2020-08-02 05:29:30 UTC
Post by Ed Stasiak
Claire told FEMAIL that the crisis continues to have a 'damaging effect on
women's economic opportunities, social experiences and health'
But the crisis has been just peachy for men, right, sweetheart?
Obviously, it is to you. I don't see anybody else taking her seriously.

moviePig
2020-08-02 14:21:58 UTC
Post by Ed Stasiak
Claire told FEMAIL that the crisis continues to have a 'damaging effect on
women's economic opportunities, social experiences and health'
But the crisis has been just peachy for men, right, sweetheart?
Obviously, it is to you.  I don't see anybody else taking her seriously.
*I* will. *I'll* take her seriously. Just as soon as I can undo these
Martian handcuffs...
Ed Stasiak
2020-08-02 12:49:48 UTC
UN Women UK Executive Director Claire Barnett told FEMAIL: 'As we work
to "build back better" following lockdown, we need to prevent the lack of
witnesses of antisocial behaviour due to less populated public spaces,
as well as the anonymity face coverings can provide
If masks provide anonymity, how do you require masks and not have that
anonymity? Are you suggesting everyone should have to wear a name tag
with their name and address pinned to their shirt?
Don’t give them any ideas…

2020-08-03 19:59:21 UTC
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8564247/Are-masks-giving-men-licenc
e-stare-Women-report-rise-aggressive-eye-contact.html
UN Women UK Executive Director Claire Barnett told FEMAIL: 'As we work to
"build back better" following lockdown, we need to prevent the lack of
witnesses of antisocial behaviour due to less populated public spaces,
as well as the anonymity face coverings can provide
And how do you do that?
One of my employees DOESN'T wear a mask but instead wears a full face
mask which is mounted to a headband and is transparent - you can see
her full face but it's covered by a full plastic shield going down to
her neck.

It's the sort of thing a jeweller might use while working (which given
our business is jewellers' tools and supplies means I've seen that
kind of mask before)
BTR1701
2020-08-03 20:55:43 UTC
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8564247/Are-masks-giving-men-lic
enc
e-stare-Women-report-rise-aggressive-eye-contact.html
UN Women UK Executive Director Claire Barnett told FEMAIL: 'As we work to
"build back better" following lockdown, we need to prevent the lack of
witnesses of antisocial behaviour due to less populated public spaces,
as well as the anonymity face coverings can provide
And how do you do that?
One of my employees DOESN'T wear a mask but instead wears a full face
mask which is mounted to a headband and is transparent - you can see
her full face but it's covered by a full plastic shield going down to
her neck.
I thought about pulling out my gas mask that they issued me for my job
and wearing that to the supermarket just for the looks I'd get.
RichA
I saw a guy wearing a respirator mask on the street. I thought they were remaking "The Crazies" movie. If people are worried about making eye contact, just pair the mask with reflective sunglasses.
trotsky
2020-08-04 12:08:44 UTC
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8564247/Are-masks-giving-men-lic
enc
e-stare-Women-report-rise-aggressive-eye-contact.html
UN Women UK Executive Director Claire Barnett told FEMAIL: 'As we work to
"build back better" following lockdown, we need to prevent the lack of
witnesses of antisocial behaviour due to less populated public spaces,
as well as the anonymity face coverings can provide
And how do you do that?
One of my employees DOESN'T wear a mask but instead wears a full face
mask which is mounted to a headband and is transparent - you can see
her full face but it's covered by a full plastic shield going down to
her neck.
I thought about pulling out my gas mask that they issued me for my job
and wearing that to the supermarket just for the looks I'd get.
Matt Gaetz did that and was instantly labelled a dipshit. I can tell
you you're a stupid fucking dipshit and save you the bother.

Rhino
2020-08-02 04:44:55 UTC
[...]
Clearly, there's only one solution: all men will need to have their eyes
gouged out - or maybe burned out with green lasers. More moderate means
like shaming can be tried first but that will only be a token gesture
done to placate those who aren't sufficiently woke. After that, the
feminists will have demonstrated their patience sufficiently and will
deem those moderate measures inadequate. At that point, wholesale
blinding will begin. That will stop those horrible men - which is
basically all of them - from looking at women. Nothing else will do....
super70s
2020-08-02 09:05:30 UTC
'The masks do not cover your eyes. I can still see you staring, idiots.'
Hard staring is only the half of it hon, if you're hot enough they're
also panting with tongues out or licking their chops.
RichA
2020-08-03 20:35:29 UTC
[...]
Yes, the edict from city councils in Britain (hotbeds of radical leftism) will be that men have to keep their eyes down, even if they are crossing a road...