Bletchley San Francisco returns Friday
2018-10-10 13:45:10 UTC
https://twitter.com/Wilson_A_R/status/1050014599288942592
2018-10-10 14:25:17 UTC
https://twitter.com/Wilson_A_R/status/1050014599288942592
Thanks!
anim8rfsk
2018-10-10 14:54:21 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by anim8rfsk
https://twitter.com/Wilson_A_R/status/1050014599288942592
Thanks!
:)
2018-10-11 13:58:37 UTC
https://twitter.com/Wilson_A_R/status/1050014599288942592
Man, you have to drill down through multiple Web pages to get to this:

https://www.tv-eh.com/2018/10/10/the-bletchley-circle-san-francisco-rachael-stirling-on-millies-upcoming-revelation-and-filming-in-canada/

I loved the comment:

Andrew Niall Gordanier
October 10, 2018 at 12:10 pm

Set in America, not going to watch even one episode. Sick and
tired of the cultural degrading practice of hiding our identity
for the benefit of others.

Dear moron,

The characters performed by the two leads are both English. One actress
is English, the other Scottish. The characters originated on a series
produced for ITV produced in England. After two series, the original
series wasn't renewed.

By setting a spinoff series in San Francisco, but with a Vancouver-based
production, exactly what Canadian culture and identify has been
degraded? Take two Bob & Doug Mackenzie skits and be so kind as to shove
them up your ass, hosers.

Canadadileeinalians aren't above klatcheral appropriation krap.

The Wikipedia page sez it's a British-Canadian co-production produced
for ITV and CityTV. The latter is a network of six Rogers o&o broadcast
stations across Canada.

In the US, it's distributed by BritBox, which must be yet another
Internet-only video distribution service. BritBox had a stake in its
production. AMC Networks (licensee of BBC America) has a non-voting
minority stake in BritBox, which is curious given that you'd think
they'd have wanted to distribute this series itself.

It's one series, 8 episodes, already broadcast last summer on ITV and
BritBox. Didn't CityTV air it already?

What dark Web corner are you two watching it on?
anim8rfsk
2018-10-11 14:44:03 UTC
[...]
heh
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Canadadileeinalians aren't above klatcheral appropriation krap.
The Wikipedia page sez it's a British-Canadian co-production produced
for ITV and CityTV. The latter is a network of six Rogers o&o broadcast
stations across Canada.
In the US, it's distributed by BritBox, which must be yet another
Internet-only video distribution service. BritBox had a stake in its
production. AMC Networks (licensee of BBC America) has a non-voting
minority stake in BritBox, which is curious given that you'd think
they'd have wanted to distribute this series itself.
It's one series, 8 episodes, already broadcast last summer on ITV and
BritBox. Didn't CityTV air it already?
AFAIK, only the first 4 eps have shown.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
What dark Web corner are you two watching it on?
I'm actually not; I have friends in Sandy Eggo, who shall remain nameless,
that are. I figured that if I ever did watch I'd want to start with the Brit
eps first. I posted this for
SPELL CHECK DEACTIVATE
suzeeq

Said Sandy Eggo person says, re the Canuks above:

"On the comment, the person should have said "two leads are both British. One
actress is English, the other Scottish." People from the UK are sensitive to
that sort of thing."

:)
2018-10-11 14:56:11 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
What dark Web corner are you two watching it on?
I'm actually not; I have friends in Sandy Eggo, who shall remain nameless,
that are. I figured that if I ever did watch I'd want to start with the Brit
eps first. I posted this for
SPELL CHECK DEACTIVATE
suzeeq
"On the comment, the person should have said "two leads are both British. One
actress is English, the other Scottish." People from the UK are sensitive to
that sort of thing."
:)
My recollection is that the two characters were English, that the
Scottsh actress played an English character.

As far as "British", a UK subject can get as offended as he likes; no one
cares. Someone getting offended by proxy is silly, but there's nothing
else to do for entertainment in San Diego. I suppose a native Briton
would care, but you know, their ancient Celtic culture was wiped out as
a consequence of the Roman conquest and any remaining Celts who didn't
intermarry into other tribes sort of split into Welsh and Cornish. I'll
leave it those of pure blood to be offended, otherwise I'll continue to
call someone born in England "English" if I so choose.
suzeeq
2018-10-11 15:10:15 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
What dark Web corner are you two watching it on?
I'm actually not; I have friends in Sandy Eggo, who shall remain nameless,
that are. I figured that if I ever did watch I'd want to start with the Brit
eps first. I posted this for
SPELL CHECK DEACTIVATE
suzeeq
Thanks. I did watch the ones set in the UK.
Post by anim8rfsk
"On the comment, the person should have said "two leads are both British. One
actress is English, the other Scottish." People from the UK are sensitive to
that sort of thing."
:)
Yep they are, and I noticed that too.