What Did You Watch? 2020-01-28 (Tuesday)
2020-01-29 09:30:41 UTC

MIKE TYSON MYSTERIES:
"A Mystery in Little Italy". What to do with baby octopus, plantains, smoked
kippers and cream of mushroom soup.

MIKE TYSON MYSTERIES:
"The Christmas Episode". The team attempts to bring holiday cheer to someone
who has given up on life. Oh, so THAT'S how he got his facial tattoo!

VANDERPUMP RULES:
"Don't Do It, Brittany". When the group heads to Miami, Beau confronts
Sandoval for attacking Stassi at her book signing; Ariana accuses Schwartz of
not pulling his weight at TomTom; Brittany has a meltdown triggered by an
unexpected reminder of Jax's infidelity.

Democrats and the liberal media hate President Trump more than they
love this country.
Ian J. Ball
2020-01-29 13:35:11 UTC
A very long workday, so not much:

Charmed (recorded) - "Curse Words" (ep. #2.10). Lately, it's strongly
felt like they finally realized that Maggie is by far their best
character, so they've been emphasizing Sarah Jeffery and deemphasizing
the other two (season #1 felt like annoying Mel-dominated...) - that
was certainly the case in this episode: it was Maggie-dominated...
In this one, Jordan is about to turn 26, so Maggie goes all out to
save him from dying from his family "curse", and mostly succeeds.
Meanwhile, Mel goes on an "adventure" with her deadbeat dad (I didn't
realize before this episode that he's not actually Maggie's father, and
that Maggie and Macy are in fact *full* sisters...) and come across
Peyton List The Elder (who's looking *old* all of a sudden, and she's
only 33!!). And Abigael continues to pull shenanigans as far as Harry
is concerned, and Macy looks on jealously...

ARROW!!
I first watched the series retrospective, which I mostly liked, even
though it was filled with way to much backslapping and "mutual
admiration" bullshit. I'm also pretty sure that at least some of it was
scripted - e.g. am I to believe that Diaz was *really* Katherine
McNamara's "favorite villain"?!! Diaz was a *sh*t* villain, and I'm
pretty sure there's nobody that likes him!!
The finale has been covered by Fred in a separate thread. But I
agree with him that this was a very *SOLID* finale, that managed to
bring nearly everybody who's ever played an important part on "Arrow"
(well, at least among the eventual "good guys") back for at least a
relatively meaningful cameo. They even managed to wrap up one or two of
the side-characters' storylines.
I have no idea how any of this will play into the Mia spinoff
(assuming it's greenlit), or what that ending meant for Diggle (another
spinoff, perhaps?!!), but all in all this was a satisfying sendoff for
the series (except possibly for the "FOllie" shipper haters, and they
are definitely out there!!).

Recorded for later: Just "ARROW!!" which I ended up watching live anyway...
2020-01-29 18:15:16 UTC
ARROW!!
I first watched the series retrospective, which I mostly liked, even
though it was filled with way to much backslapping and "mutual
admiration" bullshit.
Yes. It was annoying. Arrow was never remotely as good as they kept
exclaiming. I'm glad I kept the before show for after.

Katie Cassidy talks about how great she looks, but she looks like a Laura
Vandervoort after shot!
tenworld
2020-01-31 15:35:09 UTC
NCIS OM: this was a homage to The Godfather with Jethro as Michael. Interesting
last scene in the elevator (most popular prop on the show).
Jim G.
2020-02-01 07:03:34 UTC
PROJECT BLUE BOOK / 2x02 / The Roswell Incident (2)

[Quinn and Hynek nearly reach a potential culprit, which could take them
to just where they need to be to discover the truth behind the famous
Roswell incident.]

"Fake, but accurate" might be a good way to summarize this one, in which
some Roswell locals decide to get creative in order to get the word out
about the original Roswell event, which was covered up well at the time
by General Darhk. Along the way, there are more reminders that the
writers are doing a good job of giving the main characters multiple
layers, with Darhk, in particular, getting all kinds of shades of gray
once again. And the surprise that our Air Force captain returned home to
find? Well, THAT's gonna take his mind off of things for a while...

Speaking of which, someone should check in on BTR after this one and
ensure that both he and his bunk are okay.

Grade: B+

EMERGENCE / 1x13 / Killshot (2)

[Jo and Brooks are in danger, and Piper's determined to help. With
Helen's mysterious plan nearly realized, Piper recruits an unexpected
team of allies to find them before it's too late.]

"We just gotta get out of here and figure out a way off this island..."
-- Jo, six minutes in, wisely knowing to LEAVE THE FACILITY AND ISLAND

"Go in there with Agent Brooks." -- Jo, seven minutes in, taking her
rescuers INTO THE FACILITY ON THE ISLAND instead of LEAVING IT LIKE SHE
JUST SAID A MINUTE EARLIER

"We need to get off this island." -- Jo, almost nine minutes in, after
herding everyone INTO AN AIRLOCK at the facility THAT THEY COULD HAVE
LEFT ALREADY

Alex comes through again after Jo spends most of the episode being
stupid again. The dude is awesome. And after he comes through, Piper 2.0
should have been asking where she was, etc. I'm sort of at a loss as to
why she wasn't -- other than bad writing, that is. But the win might be
short-lived since we see at the end that Helen might have still been
more than just a shell after all...

Grade: B
"I'm really glad we're at this place in our relationship where we can
dig up graves together without having to talk." -- Major Lillywhite, iZOMBIE
BTR1701
2020-02-14 17:49:41 UTC
Post by Jim G.
[...]
I need fluids, stat!

Oh, dear, they just don't make Russian spies the way they used to.
Jim G.
2020-02-14 19:25:18 UTC
Post by Jim G.
[...]
You should probably wrap your wrist and elbow until the tendons have had
a chance to recover.
Post by BTR1701
Oh, dear, they just don't make Russian spies the way they used to.
It's all Putin's fault. And Ukraine. You just KNOW that Ukraine is
involved somehow.
BTR1701
2020-02-14 21:15:59 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Post by BTR1701
Oh, dear, they just don't make Russian spies the way they used to.
It's all Putin's fault. And Ukraine. You just KNOW that Ukraine is
involved somehow.
I remember boggling at all the smokin' hot wommenz when I was in Kiev
back in 2007. And all of them looking for an American to rescue her...
<sigh>
Jim G.
2020-02-16 23:38:49 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Post by BTR1701
Oh, dear, they just don't make Russian spies the way they used to.
It's all Putin's fault. And Ukraine. You just KNOW that Ukraine is
involved somehow.
I remember boggling at all the smokin' hot wommenz when I was in Kiev
back in 2007. And all of them looking for an American to rescue her...
<sigh>
I spent a weekend in Budapest a LOT of years ago and came home all
bruised up from walking into pretty much every lamp post on every street
in the city. Time has blurred the memories a bit since then, but they
MIGHT have been even hotter than their counterparts in Tel Aviv. Those
are the two cities that stand out in my mind for that sort of thing. :)
BTR1701
2020-02-16 23:47:23 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Post by BTR1701
Post by Jim G.
Post by BTR1701
Oh, dear, they just don't make Russian spies the way they used to.
It's all Putin's fault. And Ukraine. You just KNOW that Ukraine is
involved somehow.
I remember boggling at all the smokin' hot wommenz when I was in Kiev
back in 2007. And all of them looking for an American to rescue her...
<sigh>
I spent a weekend in Budapest a LOT of years ago and came home all
bruised up from walking into pretty much every lamp post on every street
in the city. Time has blurred the memories a bit since then, but they
MIGHT have been even hotter than their counterparts in Tel Aviv. Those
are the two cities that stand out in my mind for that sort of thing. :)
Yes, much to Mime's consternation, those Jews know how to crank out the
highly competent hotties.

Jim G.
2020-02-17 03:47:36 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Post by BTR1701
Post by Jim G.
Post by BTR1701
Oh, dear, they just don't make Russian spies the way they used to.
It's all Putin's fault. And Ukraine. You just KNOW that Ukraine is
involved somehow.
I remember boggling at all the smokin' hot wommenz when I was in Kiev
back in 2007. And all of them looking for an American to rescue her...
<sigh>
I spent a weekend in Budapest a LOT of years ago and came home all
bruised up from walking into pretty much every lamp post on every street
in the city. Time has blurred the memories a bit since then, but they
MIGHT have been even hotter than their counterparts in Tel Aviv. Those
are the two cities that stand out in my mind for that sort of thing. :)
Yes, much to Mime's consternation, those Jews know how to crank out the
highly competent hotties.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/edpadt7lme91rz2/IDF.jpg?dl=0
My theory for why young female IDF soldiers are so cute at worst and
smoking hawt at best is so that the guys in their units will be willing
to fall on a grenade to keep them alive -- not that the gals weren't
capable of taking care of themselves, mind you.
A Friend
2020-02-14 19:26:13 UTC
Post by Jim G.
[...]
I think the whole UFO thing is horseshit, but I'm enjoying the hell out
of this series. One big reason is that little blonde spy.
Jim G.
2020-02-16 23:33:05 UTC
Post by Jim G.
[...]
Still, she's Russian. Time is often brutal with them (they're sorta the
antithesis of the Asian women we've discussed in the past), so our
captain had best enjoy things while he can.
BTR1701
2020-02-16 23:47:23 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Post by Jim G.
[...]
Still, she's Russian.
The character is but the actress, Ksenia Solo, is Latvian.
anim8rfsk
2020-02-17 01:42:14 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Post by Jim G.
[...]
The illegitimate love child of Napoleon and Angelique:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/89f1aeaac6f1a74b444a30a52189f494/tumblr_n28qpssv3p
1qd3nk9o1_1280.png
Jim G.
2020-02-17 03:42:17 UTC
Post by Jim G.
Post by Jim G.
[...]
I'm thinking in terms of the character, not the actress.