narkive is for sale. (interested) / (dismiss)
MentalistL Lisbon's Cast Question and Red John Question
jess stone
2013-05-06 16:36:38 UTC
For the last several years I have only watched scenes with Jane and
Lisbon and sometimes with the beautiful Amanda Righetti. I have
neglected to watch the last 10 or so eps of this season but did just
watch the season ender. What happened to Lisbon's arm/ wrist and what
secret is she keeping from Jane. When Jane was institutionalized for
what a year after his family's death he must have been in therapy
right? Are there extensive records of his therapy sessions that RJ has
gotten a hold of that would house Jane's most inner secrets or has
this theory already been discounted. Could RJ subsequently have
access somehow to Jane's computer as well as the loft that he sleeps
in?
Horace LaBadie
2013-05-06 16:56:22 UTC
Post by jess stone
For the last several years I have only watched scenes with Jane and
Lisbon and sometimes with the beautiful Amanda Righetti. I have
neglected to watch the last 10 or so eps of this season but did just
watch the season ender. What happened to Lisbon's arm/ wrist and what
secret is she keeping from Jane. When Jane was institutionalized for
what a year after his family's death he must have been in therapy
right? Are there extensive records of his therapy sessions that RJ has
gotten a hold of that would house Jane's most inner secrets or has
this theory already been discounted. Could RJ subsequently have
access somehow to Jane's computer as well as the loft that he sleeps
in?
One of the seven suspects, the guy from Homeland Security, sent a black
bag team to Jane's loft, and had them record everything there while Jane
was out on a case with Lisbon. Jane knew that someone had been there,
because he had wedged a broken toothpick in the clasp behind the
padlock. The toothpick was on the floor when he returned.

We don't know what happened while Jane was committed to the psychiatric
hospital, or what he might have revealed. RJ could easily have seen any
records.

Jane was locked in the loft for a week, and whatever happened to
Lisbon's arm occurred in that missing time. We didn't see it.

Jane has already discovered a lot of Lisbon's secrets, such as when she
covered for her former partner. She probably has others that he has
inferred from her behavior. Of course, he might have been bluffing when
he offered to reveal three secrets, knowing that she would rather not
test his abilities.
jess stone
2013-05-07 14:00:28 UTC
On Mon, 06 May 2013 12:56:22 -0400, Horace LaBadie
<***@nospam.com> wrote:

snip
Post by Horace LaBadie
We don't know what happened while Jane was committed to the psychiatric
hospital, or what he might have revealed. RJ could easily have seen any
records.
As mentioned I don't follow the show all that closely but just taking
into account the list that Jane made and that RJ seemingly knew the
names and assuming that RJ or a surrogate does not have a camera in
the loft or currently does not have physical access to the loft then
perhaps Jane hoping to trap RJ has somehow leaked a different set of
names to different possible RJ surrogates hoping that RJ would do
exactly what he did thereby allowing Jane to target a particular
surrogate or barring that then Jane himself has all this time been
under some kind of deep hypnosis and when triggered unbeknownst to him
(Jane) has been leaking info to RJ all these years.
Dano
2013-05-08 18:58:22 UTC
"jess stone" wrote in message news:***@4ax.com...

On Mon, 06 May 2013 12:56:22 -0400, Horace LaBadie
<***@nospam.com> wrote:

snip
Post by Horace LaBadie
We don't know what happened while Jane was committed to the psychiatric
hospital, or what he might have revealed. RJ could easily have seen any
records.
As mentioned I don't follow the show all that closely but just taking
into account the list that Jane made and that RJ seemingly knew the
names and assuming that RJ or a surrogate does not have a camera in
the loft or currently does not have physical access to the loft then
perhaps Jane hoping to trap RJ has somehow leaked a different set of
names to different possible RJ surrogates hoping that RJ would do
exactly what he did thereby allowing Jane to target a particular
surrogate or barring that then Jane himself has all this time been
under some kind of deep hypnosis and when triggered unbeknownst to him
(Jane) has been leaking info to RJ all these years.

====================================

I know someone has mentioned this in one of these threads...but I'll repeat
it. We saw agents (from Homeland Security or FBI I think) break into
Patrick's loft and photograph all his evidence. We also know there are law
enforcement accomplices at various levels...from corrections officers all
the way up to fairly high level feds. That's not even remotely in dispute.

All of these things should lead us all away from considering Jane or Lisbon
at all.
KoshN
2013-05-11 07:31:05 UTC
Post by Horace LaBadie
Post by jess stone
For the last several years I have only watched scenes with Jane and
Lisbon and sometimes with the beautiful Amanda Righetti. I have
neglected to watch the last 10 or so eps of this season but did just
watch the season ender. What happened to Lisbon's arm/ wrist
[snip]
Post by Horace LaBadie
Jane was locked in the loft for a week, and whatever happened to
Lisbon's arm occurred in that missing time. We didn't see it.
But what did Lisbon say when Jane asked her about what happened to her wrist? I can't make out what she said in reply. Anybody see the closed-captioning?

I like both Lisbon and Van Pelt, but if I had to choose between them (for a relationship), I'd pick Lisbon. :D

Re. Red John, I think it's the skinny, white CSU guy who was with the body and the CSU photographer when Jane and Lisbon arrived on the scene at the beginning of "Red John's Rules."

KoshN
Adam H. Kerman
2013-05-11 11:47:39 UTC
Post by KoshN
Post by Horace LaBadie
Jane was locked in the loft for a week, and whatever happened to
Lisbon's arm occurred in that missing time. We didn't see it.
But what did Lisbon say when Jane asked her about what happened to her
wrist? I can't make out what she said in reply. Anybody see the
closed-captioning?
I like both Lisbon and Van Pelt, but if I had to choose between them
(for a relationship), I'd pick Lisbon. :D
Re. Red John, I think it's the skinny, white CSU guy who was with the
body and the CSU photographer when Jane and Lisbon arrived on the scene
at the beginning of "Red John's Rules."
Oh, right, like there's an actual mystery with actual plotting about Red John.
You give this show way too much credit.
Eddie Grove
2013-05-11 22:14:03 UTC
Oh, right, like there's an actual mystery with actual plotting about Red John.
You give this show way too much credit.
Everything they've done so far has been in line with Bret Stiles being
Red John and the writers playing fair. It won't be until they name
someone else that I will consider accusing them of laziness and/or cheating.

A charismatic leader, with minions who adore and fear him, who has been
identified both to have killed and to have had minions kill for him.
With the wit to match Jane. They even showed an attempted recruitment.
Write down your list of what properties Red John has, and you should be
able to check them off as actually having been demonstrated for Stiles.

It makes no sense that whatshername didn't send Jane a postcard with Red
John's name on it before going to try to kill him, but I can forgive the
writers of a serial for that.

As to the suspect list, most of them are buffoons, in context. This is
a Sherlock Holmes remake. Which of them could you see as Moriarty?
E.g., some guy who needs Jane's help to win at poker? Give me a break.
I was pleased that my assumed Red John listed himself first among the
seven suspects. That seems in line with his ego.

The only thing still missing on my list is the name itself. Red is
close enough to Bret, but I have no idea how to account for "John".
Ian J. Ball
2013-05-12 00:11:52 UTC
Post by Eddie Grove
Post by Adam H. Kerman
[...]
All perfectly reasonable.

However, I'm still sticking to my original impression that Minelli
(Gregory Itzin) will turn out to be Red John.
KoshN
2013-05-15 01:28:08 UTC
Post by Eddie Grove
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Oh, right, like there's an actual mystery with actual plotting about Red John.
You give this show way too much credit.
Everything they've done so far has been in line with Bret Stiles being
Red John....
That doesn't fit with the voice of the Red John who rescued Jane when he was plastic-wrapped in the chair. That voice fits the CSU guy, not Stiles, unless you think the CSU guy was a Red John minion.

KoshN
Eddie Grove
2013-05-16 01:46:49 UTC
Post by KoshN
Post by Eddie Grove
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Oh, right, like there's an actual mystery with actual plotting about Red John.
You give this show way too much credit.
Everything they've done so far has been in line with Bret Stiles being
Red John....
That doesn't fit with the voice of the Red John who rescued Jane when he was plastic-wrapped in the chair. That voice fits the CSU guy, not Stiles, unless you think the CSU guy was a Red John minion.
At least one minion was willing to call himself Red John. The precedent
is set.

I remember that a long time ago I decided that the voice told me
nothing, but I no longer remember exactly why. Perhaps someone could
help me remember the details.

Do I remember correctly that Jane heard the killer/rescuer recite the
poem? If he did, then Jane knows whether that voice belongs to anyone
he has spoken to since. If the guy with superhero observation skills
can't use what he heard, it would be silly for me to try.

Was it possible that what we or Jane heard was from a device rather than
spoken? We know that Red John just took care to use Lorelei rather than
speak himself. Why should we believe he was careless in the past? He
planned an encounter with Jane. Surely Red John crafted everything Jane
heard, whether he spoke or had a minion speak for him.

Did the killer/rescuer sign the scene by putting the logo on a wall?
It is possible that the way to differentiate Red John kills from minion
kills is by the presence of the signature logo or lack thereof.
If there was no logo, I would presume it was a minion.

Eddie
Horace LaBadie
2013-05-11 12:32:43 UTC
She just said that it was nothing.
Ian J. Ball
2013-05-11 15:45:30 UTC
Post by Horace LaBadie
Post by KoshN
But what did Lisbon say when Jane asked her about what happened to her wrist?
I can't make out what she said in reply. Anybody see the
closed-captioning?
She just said that it was nothing.
I believe she specifically that she said "she fell". But that's very
vague to me.

I assume that Robin Tunney injured herself in real-life, so they had to
throw in the line about the cast. But the way the line came off, if made
it seem like Lisbon was hiding something, and wasn't telling Jane the
whole story... :/
--
"Surf-crazed aliens... Of course." - Amber, "Alien Surf Girls",
Episode #1.1, "Wipeout".
Wait a minute... "Of course"?! "*Of course*"?!! Did I miss a step here??!!
Horace LaBadie
Like Grace having a secret baby while she was gone.
Dano
2013-05-11 16:57:16 UTC
"Horace LaBadie" wrote in message news:hlabadie-***@nntp.aioe.org...

In article
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by Horace LaBadie
Post by KoshN
But what did Lisbon say when Jane asked her about what happened to her wrist?
I can't make out what she said in reply. Anybody see the
closed-captioning?
She just said that it was nothing.
I believe she specifically that she said "she fell". But that's very
vague to me.
I assume that Robin Tunney injured herself in real-life, so they had to
throw in the line about the cast. But the way the line came off, if made
it seem like Lisbon was hiding something, and wasn't telling Jane the
whole story... :/
Like Grace having a secret baby while she was gone.

Well at least they didn't have Grace stand up...show off her baby bump...and
when asked about it, deny the pregnancy.
Mason Barge
2013-05-06 20:32:26 UTC
Post by jess stone
For the last several years I have only watched scenes with Jane and
Lisbon and sometimes with the beautiful Amanda Righetti.
Yeah, isn't she gorgeous? Weird body but as pretty a girl as you'd
ever want to see. And actually, Lisbon looked quite fetching when
they'd dress her right, like in bluejean shorts.
jess stone
2013-05-06 20:37:10 UTC
On Mon, 06 May 2013 16:32:26 -0400, Mason Barge <***@gmail.com>
wrote:

snip
Post by Mason Barge
Yeah, isn't she gorgeous? Weird body but as pretty a girl as you'd
ever want to see.
Preaching to the choir:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.tv/browse_thread/thread/d53343209d48833f/c7b207fd3cde8a51?lnk=gst&q=grace+van+pelt#
Ian J. Ball
2013-05-07 12:55:40 UTC
Post by Mason Barge
Post by jess stone
For the last several years I have only watched scenes with Jane and
Lisbon and sometimes with the beautiful Amanda Righetti.
Yeah, isn't she gorgeous? Weird body but as pretty a girl as you'd
ever want to see. And actually, Lisbon looked quite fetching when
they'd dress her right, like in bluejean shorts.
I've always assumed that Righetti was a swimmer (i.e. possibly swam
competitively) when she was younger, as she seems to me to have a
"swimmer's body"...
anim8rFSK
2013-05-07 14:23:30 UTC
In article
Post by Ian J. Ball
Post by Mason Barge
Post by jess stone
For the last several years I have only watched scenes with Jane and
Lisbon and sometimes with the beautiful Amanda Righetti.
Yeah, isn't she gorgeous? Weird body but as pretty a girl as you'd
ever want to see. And actually, Lisbon looked quite fetching when
they'd dress her right, like in bluejean shorts.
I've always assumed that Righetti was a swimmer (i.e. possibly swam
competitively) when she was younger, as she seems to me to have a
"swimmer's body"...
She should give it back; she's getting it all wet!
"Every time a Kardashian gets a TV show, an angel dies."
n***@gmail.com
2020-08-01 11:16:36 UTC
She was pregnant, then post pregnant and breastfeeding.
Adam H. Kerman
2020-08-02 09:10:40 UTC
Post by n***@gmail.com
She was pregnant, then post pregnant and breastfeeding.
You know, it's a sign of the apocolypse if a Google Groups user reviving
a decades-old thread quoted to provide context.

He posted a followup to Mason Barge who had written about Amanda
Righetti.
anim8rfsk
2020-08-02 16:07:30 UTC
Post by n***@gmail.com
She was pregnant, then post pregnant and breastfeeding.
You know, it's a sign of the apocolypse if a Google Groups user reviving
a decades-old thread quoted to provide context.
He posted a followup to Mason Barge who had written about Amanda
Righetti.
Mason Barge? I remember him.
Robin Miller
2020-08-02 19:19:19 UTC
Post by n***@gmail.com
She was pregnant, then post pregnant and breastfeeding.
You know, it's a sign of the apocolypse if a Google Groups user reviving
a decades-old thread quoted to provide context.
He posted a followup to Mason Barge who had written about Amanda
Righetti.
Mason Barge? I remember him.
Speaking of Amanda Righetti, what's going on with her? She hasn't
appeared regularly since Colony in 2017:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1119462/

--Robin
Adam H. Kerman
2020-08-02 19:43:09 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
. . .
Speaking of Amanda Righetti, what's going on with her? She hasn't
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1119462/
Can I guess that she's enjoying real life? I assume she's raising two
children. She was pregnant during Colony, too. They'd arranged it as a
part time job for her. That's why she was never in the main cast.
Robin Miller
2020-08-02 20:38:38 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
. . .
Speaking of Amanda Righetti, what's going on with her? She hasn't
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1119462/
Can I guess that she's enjoying real life? I assume she's raising two
children. She was pregnant during Colony, too. They'd arranged it as a
part time job for her. That's why she was never in the main cast.
That's right, she was pregnant. Anyway, hope to see more of her on the
small screen.

--Robin
anim8rfsk
2020-08-02 23:48:10 UTC
MentalistL Lisbon's Cast Question and Red John Question
August 2, 2020 at 12:43:09 PM MST
Post by Robin Miller
. . .
Speaking of Amanda Righetti, what's going on with her? She hasn't
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1119462/
Can I guess that she's enjoying real life?
Who does that? That's just crazy talk.
2020-08-02 19:43:51 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Post by n***@gmail.com
She was pregnant, then post pregnant and breastfeeding.
You know, it's a sign of the apocolypse if a Google Groups user reviving
a decades-old thread quoted to provide context.
He posted a followup to Mason Barge who had written about Amanda
Righetti.
Mason Barge? I remember him.
Speaking of Amanda Righetti, what's going on with her? She hasn't
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1119462/
--Robin
I've assumed that she's semi-retired to raise a family. This seems to
happen a lot - for the actresses that don't retire at 40, a number of
them start having kids in their 30s and kind of lose interest in acting
(full-time).

Sometimes, they come back after a break, though - this seems to apply
to Lyndsy Fonseca.

But I have to wonder: if Kelly Overton and Melanie Scrofano weren't
contractually headlining their own TV series, would they have just
disappeared over the last couple of years?...
Artis
2013-05-17 00:23:02 UTC
Post by jess stone
For the last several years I have only watched scenes with Jane and
Lisbon and sometimes with the beautiful Amanda Righetti. I have
neglected to watch the last 10 or so eps of this season but did just
watch the season ender. What happened to Lisbon's arm/ wrist and what
secret is she keeping from Jane. When Jane was institutionalized for
what a year after his family's death he must have been in therapy
right? Are there extensive records of his therapy sessions that RJ has
gotten a hold of that would house Jane's most inner secrets or has
this theory already been discounted. Could RJ subsequently have
access somehow to Jane's computer as well as the loft that he sleeps
in?
Oh, all of these events could be some pretender-red john. Someone who admired red john and is trying to become him. The real red john died.