I told you so about Biden...
2020-11-20 00:13:53 UTC
He's now talking about a "national mask mandate." How soon till the Fed "locks-down" the whole U.S.? Even lefty TRUDEAU in Canada refused to interfere with the provinces and cities controlling their own responses to the pandemic. Biden is a hard-core "centralist" who believes in most, if not ALL power being concentrated in Washington.
suzeeq
2020-11-20 00:29:48 UTC
If people would wear a mask, it's less likely a lock down will be needed.
BTR1701
2020-11-20 01:00:03 UTC
Post by suzeeq
He's now talking about a "national mask mandate." How soon till the Fed
"locks-down" the whole U.S.? Even lefty TRUDEAU in Canada refused to
interfere with the provinces and cities controlling their own responses to
the pandemic. Biden is a hard-core "centralist" who believes in most, if
not ALL power being concentrated in Washington.
If people would wear a mask, it's less likely a lock down will be needed.
There's literally nowhere you can go in Southern California other than
somewhere out in nature-- a hiking trail, the coastline, etc.-- where a
mask is not required. And they're neither scientifically necessary out
in the woods, nor are the expanding case numbers coming from people
playing in the surf or hiking the canyons without masks.

There is no store, restaurant, business, office building, or government
agency that doesn't require a mask and won't admit you without one.

If masks work, if they're the key to avoiding lockdown, (or, as FPP
keeps claiming, no one would be dead if only people had worn masks from
the beginning-- you know, the beginning, when Fauci, the CDC and the WHO
were all telling us *not* to wear them), we should be sitting pretty
here in California. Yet our cases are ballooning.
FPP
2020-11-20 01:33:15 UTC
If masks work, if they're the key to avoiding lockdown, (or, as FPP
keeps claiming, no one would be dead if only people had worn masks from
the beginning-- you know, the beginning, when Fauci, the CDC and the WHO
were all telling us *not* to wear them), we should be sitting pretty
here in California. Yet our cases are ballooning.
You're a fucking liar. I said nothing of the sort.

There are three reasons Americans died by the hundreds of thousands:
1. Donald Trump.
2. Republicans.
3. Fuckwits (like you) who’ve campaigned against wearing masks and
socially distancing.

That's you, counselor. Congrats on the achievement!
--
"Good night wall, good night cages, good night endless Midnight rages."
"Good night thief, good night grief, good night cruel and callous Chief."

The Million MAGA March is mostly men... probably because the men aren't
very good at getting their women to come. Or so I've heard...

November 7, 2020 - Happy V-T Day!
FPP
2020-11-20 01:46:18 UTC
If masks work, if they're the key to avoiding lockdown, (or, as FPP
keeps claiming, no one would be dead if only people had worn masks from
the beginning-- you know, the beginning, when Fauci, the CDC and the WHO
were all telling us *not* to wear them), we should be sitting pretty
here in California. Yet our cases are ballooning.
Here... you'll enjoy this - it's about people dying.

"Jodi Doering, an emergency room nurse in South Dakota...
“I think the hardest thing to watch is that people are still looking for
something else and a magic answer and they do not want to believe covid
is real,” Doering told CNN in an interview Monday.

“Their last dying words are, ‘This can’t be happening. It’s not real,’”
Doering said, adding that some patients prefer to believe that they have
pneumonia or other diseases rather than covid-19, despite seeing their
positive test results."

Yup... people are dying angry. And they're still denying reality as
they die in agony.
Well done, counselor! Your best efforts are bearing fruit.

"The ones who scream at you for a magic medicine and that Joe Biden is
going to ruin the USA. All while gasping for breath on 100% Vapotherm.
They tell you there must be another reason they are sick. They call you
names and ask why you have to wear all that “stuff” because they don’t
have COVID because it’s not real.’"

Are you happy now? Wanna blame ME some more?

November 7, 2020 - Happy V-T Day!
RichA
2020-11-20 03:38:37 UTC
Health
February 3, 20206:33 AMUpdated 10 months ago
WHO chief says widespread travel bans not needed to beat China virus

By Stephanie Nebehay

3 Min Read
GENEVA (Reuters) - World Health Organization chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Monday there was no need for measures that “unnecessarily interfere with international travel and trade” in trying to halt the spread of a coronavirus that has killed 361 people in China.

WHO says there is no need for healthy people to wear face masks, days after the CDC told all Americans to cover their faces
Julia Naftulin
Apr 7, 2020, 2:43 PM

Apr 1st 2020:

You don’t need to wear a face mask if you’re not sick: the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) says so.

But what if you’re sick and you don’t know it?

Er, well, . . .

As cases of the coronavirus continue to skyrocket, some of the nation’s top health officials are rethinking the benefits of wearing face masks to flatten the coronavirus curve: the CDC says it’s now reviewing its policy and may be considering a recommendation to encourage broader use.
RichA
Whoa, whoa! Give them a chance to back-peddle and spin...
suzeeq
2020-11-20 06:03:44 UTC
Post by suzeeq
[...]
I'm sure there's people outside the cities refusing to wear them. There
are here.
BTR1701
2020-11-20 06:26:29 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by BTR1701
Post by suzeeq
[...]
But the cities are where the cases are skyrocketing.

L.A. has a problem.

Yucaipa doesn't.
FPP
2020-11-20 09:41:56 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by BTR1701
Post by suzeeq
[...]
Wasn't ME claiming masks would save lives, fuckwit. It's scientists and
doctors.
You know... the people you and Trump don't trust.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/23/health/masks-ihme-model-study-wellness/index.html

November 7, 2020 - Happy V-T Day!
trotsky
Thanny is giving mind numbingly stupid MAGAs a bad name...
suzeeq
Well it's the rural areas where they're increasing everywhere else.
trotsky
2020-11-20 11:12:34 UTC
Post by suzeeq
[...]
A) People are free to travel to and from the state. Even if a
quarantine is required, like IL, I don't see how it can be enforced. B)
Superspreader parties run rampant across the country, and will be worse
with holiday gatherings. C) You are a stupid motherfucking whiny bitch
with nothing legitimate to say.
FPP
2020-11-20 01:30:43 UTC
Post by suzeeq
He's now talking about a "national mask mandate."  How soon till the
Fed "locks-down" the whole U.S.?  Even lefty TRUDEAU in Canada refused
to interfere with the provinces and cities controlling their own
believes in most, if not ALL power being concentrated in Washington.
If people would wear a mask, it's less likely a lock down will be needed.
Biden said he didn't think he could order one.

"Telling AZFamily’s “Politics Unplugged” “here’s the deal, the federal
government — there’s a constitutional issue whether federal government
could issue such a mandate. I don’t think constitutionally they could,
so I wouldn’t issue a mandate."

Taking Rich's word for anything is a fool's errand.

November 7, 2020 - Happy V-T Day!
trotsky
2020-11-20 11:15:34 UTC
Post by suzeeq
He's now talking about a "national mask mandate."  How soon till the
Fed "locks-down" the whole U.S.?  Even lefty TRUDEAU in Canada
refused to interfere with the provinces and cities controlling their
own responses to the pandemic.  Biden is a hard-core "centralist" who
believes in most, if not ALL power being concentrated in Washington.
If people would wear a mask, it's less likely a lock down will be needed.
Biden said he didn't think he could order one.
"Telling AZFamily’s “Politics Unplugged” “here’s the deal, the federal
government — there’s a constitutional issue whether federal government
could issue such a mandate. I don’t think constitutionally they could,
so I wouldn’t issue a mandate."
Taking Rich's word for anything is a fool's errand.
It's not Rich's fault, he was hit in the head multiple times with large
pieces of Canadian back bacon and has had multiple instances of brain
damage as a result.
BTR1701
2020-11-20 00:56:27 UTC
He's now talking about a "national mask mandate".
He can talk all he likes but the president still doesn't have the legal
authority to impose one.
FPP
2020-11-20 01:21:58 UTC
He's now talking about a "national mask mandate".
He can talk all he likes but the president still doesn't have the legal
authority to impose one.
Which is probably why he's said exactly that. Good of you to back him
up, though.

November 7, 2020 - Happy V-T Day!
trotsky
2020-11-20 11:09:58 UTC
He's now talking about a "national mask mandate".
He can talk all he likes but the president still doesn't have the legal
authority to impose one.
I think an Executive Order would do that. If it's illegal to jaywalk it
certainly can be illegal to not wear a mask in public, so you're
stupidity is forcing you into a lie again.
Barry Margolin
2020-11-21 15:29:52 UTC
He's now talking about a "national mask mandate".
He can talk all he likes but the president still doesn't have the legal
authority to impose one.
It doesn't have to be "imposed" from the top. Something can happen
nationally by convincing all the states to do it.

They can also be coerced using federal funding. For instance, many
national laws related to highways and driving (e.g. speed limits and
right-on-red) are implemented by making federal highway funds contingent
on the state adopting national standards.
--
Barry Margolin
Arlington, MA
BTR1701
2020-11-21 18:15:54 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
Post by BTR1701
He's now talking about a "national mask mandate".
He can talk all he likes but the president still doesn't have the legal
authority to impose one.
It doesn't have to be "imposed" from the top.
That's literally what "mandate" means.
Post by Barry Margolin
Something can happen nationally by convincing all the states to do it.
Or blackmailing. That's how we got the 55mph speed limit and the 21-year
drinking age.

It'll be interesting to see if it's cool again to withhold federal
funding to states that won't cooperate. It was fine when Democrats
wanted to do those things above, then uncool when Trump did it to
sanctuary states. I bet it's now in vogue again now that a Democrat is
wielding the power.
Post by Barry Margolin
They can also be coerced using federal funding. For instance, many
national laws related to highways and driving (e.g. speed limits and
right-on-red) are implemented by making federal highway funds contingent
on the state adopting national standards.
In other words, the federal government blackmails states to do something
themselves that the federal government has no power to do itself. The
Founders would be so proud that our illustrious leaders have found a way
to circumvent their careful limitation on federal power.

Of course when Trump withheld federal funds to states that wouldn't
cooperate on immigration, we were told by hysterical Democrats that it
was a threat to the foundations of our republic.
suzeeq
2020-11-21 19:11:21 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
Something can happen nationally by convincing all the states to do it.
Or blackmailing. That's how we got the 55mph speed limit and the 21-year
drinking age.
It'll be interesting to see if it's cool again to withhold federal
funding to states that won't cooperate. It was fine when Democrats
wanted to do those things above, then uncool when Trump did it to
sanctuary states. I bet it's now in vogue again now that a Democrat is
wielding the power.
Nixon imposed the 55mph speed limit. And it was in place for over 20
years. I didn't hear Democrats objecting to it.
trotsky
Thanny's parents were heard to say "They're coming to take away my speed!"
A Friend
2020-11-22 15:47:17 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by BTR1701
Post by Barry Margolin
Something can happen nationally by convincing all the states to do it.
Or blackmailing. That's how we got the 55mph speed limit and the 21-year
drinking age.
It'll be interesting to see if it's cool again to withhold federal
funding to states that won't cooperate. It was fine when Democrats
wanted to do those things above, then uncool when Trump did it to
sanctuary states. I bet it's now in vogue again now that a Democrat is
wielding the power.
Nixon imposed the 55mph speed limit. And it was in place for over 20
years. I didn't hear Democrats objecting to it.
Thanny's parents were heard to say "They're coming to take away my speed!"
The 55 mph limit was actually the brainchild of a congressman from New
Jersey named James J. Howard, who chaired the House Committee on Public
Works and Transportation. He was the one who bullied the states into
submission by threatening to withhold federal highway funds unless they
enacted the 55 mph limit into law. Things stayed that way until the
year before Howard's death (in 1988), when the federal limit was raised
to 65. When Republicans took over Congress in 1995, they repealed the
federal limit altogether.

BTW Howard was hailed as one of the ten stupidest congressmen by Spy
magazine.
trotsky
So Howard was a Dem?
Barry Margolin
2020-11-22 23:25:02 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by BTR1701
Post by Barry Margolin
[...]
He didn't do it by himself, he had to get the majority of both houses of
Congress to vote for it.
--
Barry Margolin
Arlington, MA
A Friend
2020-11-23 03:27:32 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
Post by suzeeq
Post by BTR1701
Post by Barry Margolin
[...]
The point was, it wasn't Nixon. It was Howard. Of course he had to
push it through Congress, which he did. I presumed everyone already
knew the tortured details of how this stuff works.
FPP
2020-11-22 09:53:11 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
Something can happen nationally by convincing all the states to do it.
Or blackmailing. That's how we got the 55mph speed limit and the 21-year
drinking age.
Come on counselor... I don't believe I have to school you on this AGAIN!
Post by BTR1701
What this administration is about to do is exercise the power that was given to them by the American people in a manner that is entirely within the rules of the the Constitution of the United States.
It isn't 'blackmail', counselor... it's absolutely allowed by the
Constitution and is not against the laws of the United States.

Or don't you LIKE it when people shove your side's words back down YOUR
throat? If that's the case, let me give you another quote from the
Trumpers:
"FUCK YOUR FEELINGS!"

There... feel better now? Want us to kiss your boo-boo too?

November 7, 2020 - Happy V-T Day!
trotsky
2020-11-22 11:57:27 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
Post by BTR1701
He's now talking about a "national mask mandate".
He can talk all he likes but the president still doesn't have the legal
authority to impose one.
It doesn't have to be "imposed" from the top.
That's literally what "mandate" means.
On Planet Bullshit maybe.

Mandate
Politics
In politics, a mandate is the authority granted by a constituency to act
as its representative. The concept of a government having a legitimate
mandate to govern via the fair winning of a democratic election is a
central idea of representative democracy. Wikipedia
Barry Margolin
2020-11-22 23:22:38 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
Post by BTR1701
He's now talking about a "national mask mandate".
He can talk all he likes but the president still doesn't have the legal
authority to impose one.
It doesn't have to be "imposed" from the top.
That's literally what "mandate" means.
I'm talking about whether the President can impose it. He doesn't have
to, if all 50 state governments do it. It's still nationwide.
Post by BTR1701
Post by Barry Margolin
Something can happen nationally by convincing all the states to do it.
Or blackmailing. That's how we got the 55mph speed limit and the 21-year
drinking age.
Call it what you like, it's apparently legal. And if this isn't a good
enough reason to use that hammer, I don't know what is.
--
Barry Margolin
Arlington, MA
BTR1701
2020-11-23 02:31:14 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
Post by BTR1701
Post by Barry Margolin
Post by BTR1701
He's now talking about a "national mask mandate".
He can talk all he likes but the president still doesn't have
the legal authority to impose one.
It doesn't have to be "imposed" from the top.
That's literally what "mandate" means.
I'm talking about whether the President can impose it. He doesn't have
to, if all 50 state governments do it.
Which they won't, not without blackmail. And even then some might not.
Alaska has been known to tell the federal government to take its ransom
money and shove it. They can afford to do it because they haven't become
addicted to the federal teat like so many other states are.
Post by Barry Margolin
Post by BTR1701
Post by Barry Margolin
Something can happen nationally by convincing all the states to do it.
Or blackmailing. That's how we got the 55mph speed limit and the 21-year
drinking age.
Call it what you like, it's apparently legal.
Except for when Trump did it to recalcitrant sanctuary states. Then the
courts said it wasn't legal. But it'll probably be legal again now that
Democrat is doing the blackmailing.
moviePig
2020-11-23 03:16:32 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
Post by BTR1701
Post by Barry Margolin
Post by BTR1701
Post by Barry Margolin
Something can happen nationally by convincing all the states to do it.
Or blackmailing. That's how we got the 55mph speed limit and the 21-year
drinking age.
Call it what you like, it's apparently legal.
Except for when Trump did it to recalcitrant sanctuary states. Then the
courts said it wasn't legal. But it'll probably be legal again now that
Democrat is doing the blackmailing.
...because Republicans, despite how they give and give, never get what
THEY want. It's a signature tragedy of our time...
FPP
2020-11-23 07:42:36 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
Post by BTR1701
Post by Barry Margolin
Post by BTR1701
Post by Barry Margolin
Something can happen nationally by convincing all the states to do it.
Or blackmailing. That's how we got the 55mph speed limit and the 21-year
drinking age.
Call it what you like, it's apparently legal.
Except for when Trump did it to recalcitrant sanctuary states. Then the
courts said it wasn't legal. But it'll probably be legal again now that
Democrat is doing the blackmailing.
Yeah, that's why. Or maybe because it's for a good, scientifically
justifiable reason, instead of simply a tantrum thrown by a petulant
sore loser.

Sorry... YOUR petulant, seditious sore loser.