Today's premieres and other notes (Saturday, July 4)
Robin Miller
2020-07-04 20:26:35 UTC
A Capitol Fourth (special) (8 to 9:30 pm, PBS)

John Stamos and Vanessa Williams host the 40th edition of the annual
Independence Day broadcast.

https://www.pbs.org/a-capitol-fourth/concert/concert-highlights/

Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular (special) (8-10 pm, NBC)

https://www.macys.com/social/fireworks/

Tomorrow's advance notes:

Hollywood Game Night (season 6 finale) (8 pm, NBC)

Driven to the Edge (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)

Fashion designer Tess is a true millennial obsessed with using rideshare
apps to get wherever she needs to go. When she meets a new friend, Jaye,
during a car ride as a fellow passenger, they immediately form a strong
bond. But as Tess’s friends start to question Jaye’s odd behavior and
even recognize Jaye as one of their past rideshare drivers, Tess slowly
realizes the new friend she’s made is harboring a disturbingly dark
secret with an agenda to ensure Tess never leaves her. Taylor Spreitler,
Danielle Burgess, Amanda Grace Benitez, and Stephen Friedrich star. Not
on IMDb. (2020)

https://meaww.com/driven-to-the-edge-release-date-plot-all-you-need-to-know-about-lifetime-upcoming-thriller-drama

https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/driven-to-the-edge

Sunday Best (season 10 premiere) (8 pm, BET)

Unearthed: Seven Wonders (special) (8-10 pm, Science Channel0

Concludes next Sunday at the same time.

The Good Witch (season 6 finale) (9 pm, Hallmark Channel)

America: Our Defining Moments (documentary miniseries) (9 pm,
History Channel)

Over the course of a three-part miniseries, AMERICA: OUR DEFINING
MOMENTS draws upon 300+ years of US history, from the Mayflower, the
American Civil War to September 11, to tell a relevant, emotional tale
of how the US, as a nation, seized moments of crisis to create a better
tomorrow.

Lone Star Law (season 8 premiere) (9 pm, Animal Planet)

Beach Around the World [new] (10 pm, HGTV)

House seekers look to turn an oceanside getaway into their everyday
dream home in the new HGTV series Beach Around the World. From a rustic
retreat on a remote tropical island in Thailand to a luxurious seaside
hideaway in Portugal, homebuyers explore some of the dreamiest beaches
on the globe. In each episode, the families travel to vacation hotspots
and properties well off the beaten path to discover the perfect slice of
paradise to call home.

Outcry (documentary miniseries) (10 pm, Showtime)

OUTCRY examines the gripping story of Texas high school football star
Greg Kelley, his controversial conviction for child molestation, and the
quest for truth and justice that followed in the wake of his sentencing.
Five episodes.

Desus & Mero (new time slot) (11 pm, Showtime)

--Robin
anim8rfsk
2020-07-04 20:32:16 UTC
[...]
It's been so totally blasé this season I haven't even been reporting on it.
America: Our Defining Moments (documentary miniseries) (9 pm,
History Channel)
Over the course of a three-part miniseries, AMERICA: OUR DEFINING
MOMENTS draws upon 300+ years of US history, from the Mayflower, the
American Civil War to September 11, to tell a relevant, emotional tale
of how the US, as a nation, seized moments of crisis to create a better
tomorrow.
Lone Star Law (season 8 premiere) (9 pm, Animal Planet)
Beach Around the World [new] (10 pm, HGTV)
I'll wait for the sequel, Son of Beach Around the World
House seekers look to turn an oceanside getaway into their everyday
dream home in the new HGTV series Beach Around the World. From a rustic
retreat on a remote tropical island in Thailand to a luxurious seaside
hideaway in Portugal, homebuyers explore some of the dreamiest beaches
on the globe. In each episode, the families travel to vacation hotspots
and properties well off the beaten path to discover the perfect slice of
paradise to call home.
Outcry (documentary miniseries) (10 pm, Showtime)
OUTCRY examines the gripping story of Texas high school football star
Greg Kelley, his controversial conviction for child molestation, and the
quest for truth and justice that followed in the wake of his sentencing.
Five episodes.
http://youtu.be/TMGu1Tz1Lpo
Desus & Mero (new time slot) (11 pm, Showtime)
Thanks!
--Robin
2020-07-04 22:01:27 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Driven to the Edge (movie) (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
Fashion designer Tess is a true millennial obsessed with using
rideshare apps to get wherever she needs to go. When she meets a new
friend, Jaye, during a car ride as a fellow passenger, they immediately
form a strong bond. But as Tess’s friends start to question Jaye’s odd
behavior and even recognize Jaye as one of their past rideshare
drivers, Tess slowly realizes the new friend she’s made is harboring a
disturbingly dark secret with an agenda to ensure Tess never leaves
her. Taylor Spreitler, Danielle Burgess, Amanda Grace Benitez, and
Stephen Friedrich star. Not on IMDb. (2020)
Wow - Taylor Spreitler is still around?! Last time I saw her she was
putting on too much weight for Hollywood, so I assumed she was on the
way out.

I'll be interested to see if Spreitler plays Tess, or psycho Jaye...

At least there's *one* new movie from Lifetime or Hallmark this weekend!
Post by Robin Miller
The Good Witch (season 6 finale) (9 pm, Hallmark Channel)
For Fred!

And it's just "Good Witch" for the TV show.
Post by Robin Miller
--Robin
More new Lifetime flicks, please, Robin!
Robin Miller
2020-07-05 02:16:51 UTC
[...]
Well, I do what I can!

Several of their recent movies haven't been on the IMDb. I wonder if
that means they're from lower-tier production companies.

--Robin
Ian J. Ball
2020-07-05 02:25:54 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Ian J. Ball
[...]
Dunno (I actually doubt that, as I think sometimes even the Mar
Vista-type projects don't show up on IMDb beforehand...) - but it's not
unusual for some of Lifetime's flicks to not be IMDb until after they
air on Lifetime.
2020-07-05 03:31:13 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Post by Ian J. Ball
[...]
[...]