Biden is unelectable
2019-08-10 23:35:58 UTC
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-10/biden-says-he-w
as-vice-president-during-the-parkland-shooting
t***@gmail.com
2019-08-10 23:46:23 UTC
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-10/biden-says-he-w
as-vice-president-during-the-parkland-shooting
--
Andrea Mitchell defends Joe Biden gaffes saying Biden is ahead in the polls against Michael Dukakis.

"It Could Happen"

https://www.google.com/search?q=Andrea+Mitchell+defends+Joe+Biden+gaffes
i***@gmail.com
2019-08-11 10:08:17 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by trotsky
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-10/biden-says-he-w
as-vice-president-during-the-parkland-shooting
--
Andrea Mitchell defends Joe Biden gaffes saying Biden is ahead in the polls against Michael Dukakis.
"It Could Happen"
There is only one Democrat team that has a real chance of beating Trump,
assuming the economy doesn't collapse. And that is Biden & Harris.
Which is why I'm rooting for Pocohontas & Bernie.

Irish Mike

I thank God Trump beat Hillary and I would walk five miles in a rain storm
to vote for him in 2020, if it keeps any of the unhinged, anti-American
left wing loon Democrats from getting elected.
FPP
2019-08-11 10:31:49 UTC
On 8/11/19 6:08 AM, ***@gmail.com wrote:

I would walk five miles in a rain storm to vote for him in 2020...

That figures. Only a moron would do either one.
--
Trump: "I'm rich." (* but you can't see my taxes.)
"I'm smart." (* but you can't see my grades.)
"I'm totally exonerated." (* but you can't see the report.)
Adam H. Kerman
2019-08-11 18:42:20 UTC
Post by i***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-10/biden-says-he-was-vice-president-during-the-parkland-shooting
Andrea Mitchell defends Joe Biden gaffes saying Biden is ahead in the polls against Michael Dukakis.
"It Could Happen"
There is only one Democrat team that has a real chance of beating Trump,
assuming the economy doesn't collapse. And that is Biden & Harris.
Which is why I'm rooting for Pocohontas & Bernie.
Why would Kamala Harris, of all people, be able to pick off any of
Trump's support? I can't believe black voters would turn out for her as
they did for Bill Clinton if she were the running mate. It's a little
early to gage support for any of them.

Given that the running mate is nominated at the convention and Bernie
isn't a Democrat, I don't see him as the vice presidential nominee.
Post by i***@gmail.com
Irish Mike
You're not Irish. If you were Irish, you wouldn't be a United States
citizen and voting would be illegal.
Post by i***@gmail.com
I thank God Trump beat Hillary and I would walk five miles in a rain storm
to vote for him in 2020, if it keeps any of the unhinged, anti-American
left wing loon Democrats from getting elected.
That's a bizarre sentiment. My polling places have never been further
than a 1/2 mile walk, if that. The current one is 1/4 of a block. If I
wanted to vote in person on election day, it's little effort, but I
typically vote early.
The Horny Goat
2019-08-11 21:41:18 UTC
Post by i***@gmail.com
I thank God Trump beat Hillary and I would walk five miles in a rain storm
to vote for him in 2020, if it keeps any of the unhinged, anti-American
left wing loon Democrats from getting elected.
"Irish" is a dead horse you're beating Adam. JFK and Reagan played
"the Irish card" for political profit and lots of people (including
myself) have equally as good a right to do the same. In North America
if you've got two grandparents born in Ireland you most people would
give you the right to use the term 'Irish' (as I can) though few have
any direct link - most so called American/Canadian Irish have never
been there. (I'm the exception)
Post by Adam H. Kerman
That's a bizarre sentiment. My polling places have never been further
than a 1/2 mile walk, if that. The current one is 1/4 of a block. If I
wanted to vote in person on election day, it's little effort, but I
typically vote early.
As the crow flies mine is about 1/4 mile, about twice that by road.
Given I don't remember the last time I voted except going to or from
work it's not a huge concern.
Adam H. Kerman
2019-08-12 00:03:16 UTC
Post by i***@gmail.com
I thank God Trump beat Hillary and I would walk five miles in a rain storm
to vote for him in 2020, if it keeps any of the unhinged, anti-American
left wing loon Democrats from getting elected.
"Irish" is a dead horse you're beating Adam. JFK and Reagan played
"the Irish card" for political profit and lots of people (including
myself) have equally as good a right to do the same. In North America
if you've got two grandparents born in Ireland you most people would
give you the right to use the term 'Irish' (as I can) though few have
any direct link - most so called American/Canadian Irish have never
been there. (I'm the exception)
Not Irish Mike is one of those hysterical types fearful of immigration to
America while falsely claiming to be of another nationality. He forgets
his false claim every time he appends his .sig. I'm here to remind him
of his hypocrisy.
That's a bizarre sentiment. My polling places have never been further
than a 1/2 mile walk, if that. The current one is 1/4 of a block. If I
wanted to vote in person on election day, it's little effort, but I
typically vote early.
As the crow flies mine is about 1/4 mile, about twice that by road.
Given I don't remember the last time I voted except going to or from
work it's not a huge concern.
Not Irish seems to think his vote counts more if he lives more than a
five mile walk to his polling site and he shows off about the extreme
effort he makes to participate in democracy.
The Horny Goat
2019-08-12 05:01:46 UTC
On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 00:03:16 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
"Irish" is a dead horse you're beating Adam. JFK and Reagan played
"the Irish card" for political profit and lots of people (including
myself) have equally as good a right to do the same. In North America
if you've got two grandparents born in Ireland you most people would
give you the right to use the term 'Irish' (as I can) though few have
any direct link - most so called American/Canadian Irish have never
been there. (I'm the exception)
Not Irish Mike is one of those hysterical types fearful of immigration to
America while falsely claiming to be of another nationality. He forgets
his false claim every time he appends his .sig. I'm here to remind him
of his hypocrisy.
I've been here long enough to have a pretty good idea of who Mike is
and what he stands for. I haven't figured out why he keeps playing the
Irish card since most of us of that heritage are amongst the most
assimilated in North American society. I honor my heritage but don't
feel obliged to whip it out in every discussion - when in Ireland in
2016 I made a point of doing the graveyard walk and saw (and
photographed) the graves of my great-grandfather and his parents - he
was the one who brought the family to Canada then died over there on
his first and only trip "home" following his WW1 naval service so they
buried him in the family cemetary rather than shipping him back to
Canada. Yet I've never visited his wife's grave which is 45 minutes
from my home - go figure)

As for Mike I very much doubt he could spell Taoiseach without notes
:)
That's a bizarre sentiment. My polling places have never been further
than a 1/2 mile walk, if that. The current one is 1/4 of a block. If I
wanted to vote in person on election day, it's little effort, but I
typically vote early.
As the crow flies mine is about 1/4 mile, about twice that by road.
Given I don't remember the last time I voted except going to or from
work it's not a huge concern.
Not Irish seems to think his vote counts more if he lives more than a
five mile walk to his polling site and he shows off about the extreme
effort he makes to participate in democracy.
The last time I walked to a pollng station was when I voted after
walking my kids to school. My youngest gets married next Sunday so you
can guess it's been awhile. Usually voting is something I do on the
way home from work which is definitely not within walking distance :)

My vote DOES matter more than most because unlike many I do take the
franchise seriously and have failed to vote only once or twice ever
and never missed a federal or provincial election.

No question I am deeply troubled how my personal piece of heaven has
been going downhill these last 20 years with societal changes that I
don't like much - but that's a LONG way from adopting the IM and RichA
agenda.

(I've been on Usenet since '94 and here for most of that even though I
lurked for much of it - I'm no newbie and know the regulars for all
their "glories" - and given the people you and I have been discussing
you know why I'm using quotes!)
FPP
2019-08-11 06:03:02 UTC
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-10/biden-says-he-w
as-vice-president-during-the-parkland-shooting
Ttump can misspell HIS OWN NAME, but Biden is unelectable for screwing
up a date.
Ttump can mistake Dayton for Toledo, but Biden is "losing it"?

If this is true, Ttump should be in a straight-jacket by now.
trotsky
2019-08-11 10:00:04 UTC
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-10/biden-says-he-w
as-vice-president-during-the-parkland-shooting
Ttump can misspell HIS OWN NAME, but Biden is unelectable for screwing
up a date.
Ttump can mistake Dayton for Toledo, but Biden is "losing it"?
If this is true, Ttump should be in a straight-jacket by now.
He also referred to Theresa May as Margaret Thatcher--twice. A lot of
Bidenbots don't have a tipping point, Biden could be fully brain dead
and they think he should still be on the ballot. Hey, Reagan had
Alzheimer's while in office, why not Creepy Joe?
FPP
2019-08-11 10:30:39 UTC
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-10/biden-says-he-w
as-vice-president-during-the-parkland-shooting
Ttump can misspell HIS OWN NAME, but Biden is unelectable for screwing
up a date.
Ttump can mistake Dayton for Toledo, but Biden is "losing it"?
If this is true, Ttump should be in a straight-jacket by now.
He also referred to Theresa May as Margaret Thatcher--twice. A lot of
Bidenbots don't have a tipping point, Biden could be fully brain dead
and they think he should still be on the ballot. Hey, Reagan had
Alzheimer's while in office, why not Creepy Joe?
That's because Biden has always been like that. This isn't a symptom of
his declining intellect - he's always managed to mangle things.

It's just Joe being Joe.
trotsky
2019-08-11 11:42:00 UTC
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-10/biden-says-he-w
as-vice-president-during-the-parkland-shooting
Ttump can misspell HIS OWN NAME, but Biden is unelectable for screwing
up a date.
Ttump can mistake Dayton for Toledo, but Biden is "losing it"?
If this is true, Ttump should be in a straight-jacket by now.
He also referred to Theresa May as Margaret Thatcher--twice.  A lot of
Bidenbots don't have a tipping point, Biden could be fully brain dead
and they think he should still be on the ballot.  Hey, Reagan had
Alzheimer's while in office, why not Creepy Joe?
That's because Biden has always been like that.  This isn't a symptom of
his declining intellect - he's always managed to mangle things.
It's just Joe being Joe.
Was it just "Reagen being Reagan" when he was in the advanced stages of
Alheimer's in his second term, too?
FPP
2019-08-11 13:25:49 UTC
[...]
Dunno. But it's a good argument against running somebody old enough to
remember when home telephones were shared "party lines".
moviePig
2019-08-11 15:23:03 UTC
[...]
That's a variable age, depending on one's rural past. And, ideally, I
think we'd *want* as "matured" (i.e., experienced) a leader as possible
without compromising intellect or, to a point, energy.

I agree that, on that basis alone, Biden seems risky -- his "youthful
gaffes" are only gonna get worse. Otoh and fwiw, though I'd always seen
Bernie as too much of a ditzy old crank to sit in the Oval Office, I
just recently saw quite a different guy in his Joe Rogan sit-down...

(
)
--
- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
super70s
2019-08-12 00:08:01 UTC
Was it just "Reagen being Reagan" when he was in the advanced stages of
Alheimer's in his second term, too?
Dunno.  But it's a good argument against running somebody old enough to
remember when home telephones were shared "party lines".
That's a variable age, depending on one's rural past.
You could be 12-15 years younger than Joe and still remember party
lines, even in a big city like New York.

They were a major plot device in 1959's "Pillow Talk," which was set in
NYC.

Even younger if you lived in a rural area where they were around into
the early 1960s (the early Andy Griffith episodes often featured them).
The Horny Goat
2019-08-11 16:48:15 UTC
Dunno. But it's a good argument against running somebody old enough to
remember when home telephones were shared "party lines".
My 80 year old still has one - at least for billing purposes - though
there hasn't been anybody else there for more than 10 years.
The Horny Goat
2019-08-11 21:34:47 UTC
Dunno. But it's a good argument against running somebody old enough to
remember when home telephones were shared "party lines".
My 80 year old still has one - at least for billing purposes - though
there hasn't been anybody else there for more than 10 years.
OMG I left out a word - should have been "My 80 year old
mother-in-law...." - good thing the missus doesn't read this!!
EGK
hahahaha. I was wondering just how old you were.
The Horny Goat
2019-08-11 21:49:59 UTC
Post by EGK
Post by The Horny Goat
OMG I left out a word - should have been "My 80 year old
mother-in-law...." - good thing the missus doesn't read this!!
hahahaha. I was wondering just how old you were.
LOL - my first computer was my gift to myself on college graduation
back in 79...
BTR1701
2019-08-11 14:23:08 UTC
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-10/biden-says-he-w
as-vice-president-during-the-parkland-shooting
Ttump can misspell HIS OWN NAME, but Biden is unelectable for screwing
up a date. Ttump can mistake Dayton for Toledo, but Biden is "losing it"?
Well, Biden said the shootings took place in Houston and Michigan, so
they're both even on that score.
FPP
2019-08-11 21:12:29 UTC
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-10/biden-says-he-w
as-vice-president-during-the-parkland-shooting
Ttump can misspell HIS OWN NAME, but Biden is unelectable for screwing
up a date. Ttump can mistake Dayton for Toledo, but Biden is "losing it"?
Well, Biden said the shootings took place in Houston and Michigan, so
they're both even on that score.
Trump read "Texas and Ohio" on a teleprompter right in front of his face.
And it came out "Toledo".

Biden: gaffe speaking off the cuff.
Ttump: can't read what's written in front of his face.

YOU decide which guy has the bigger problem.
trotsky
2019-08-12 09:58:04 UTC
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-10/biden-says-he-w
as-vice-president-during-the-parkland-shooting
Ttump can misspell HIS OWN NAME, but Biden is unelectable for screwing
up a date. Ttump can mistake Dayton for Toledo, but Biden is "losing it"?
Well, Biden said the shootings took place in Houston and Michigan, so
they're both even on that score.
Trump read "Texas and Ohio" on a teleprompter right in front of his face.
And it came out "Toledo".
Biden: gaffe speaking off the cuff.
Ttump: can't read what's written in front of his face.
YOU decide which guy has the bigger problem.
Biden has the bigger problem because Trump uses his gaffes as fodder for
negative campaigning. You should be consistent: if impeachment is bad
because they're going to talk shit about us as a result, then Biden's
gaffes are bad because Trump is already talking shit about them. Pick a
lane.
FPP
2019-08-12 11:26:50 UTC
[...]
Reality doesn't matter. Trump was always going to paint Biden as
senile, no matter what Biden said. This just means that it's not a
complete lie.

I've never thought Biden should be the nominee. He's a dinosaur.
trotsky
2019-08-12 11:57:54 UTC
[...]
Then the reality of Trump being impeached doesn't matter either. The
negative campaigning against Dems persists either way. Pick a lane.
NoBody
Oddly FPP doesn't have a problem with that. Go figure.
NoBody
2019-08-11 14:53:52 UTC
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-10/biden-says-he-w
as-vice-president-during-the-parkland-shooting
Ttump can misspell HIS OWN NAME, but Biden is unelectable for screwing
up a date.
Interesting that you make excuses for Biden not being able to remember
when he was in office but attack Trump for misspellings.
Post by FPP
Ttump can mistake Dayton for Toledo, but Biden is "losing it"?
Have you listened to Biden? He's full of pauses that make it clear
he's not thinking clearly.
Ubiquitous
2019-08-11 06:03:03 UTC
Ttump can misspell HIS OWN NAME, but Biden is unelectable for screwing
up a date.
TROLL-O-METER

5* 6* *7
4* *8
3* *9
2* *10
1* | *stuporous
0* -*- *catatonic
* |\ *comatose
* \ *clinical death
* \ *biological death
* _\/ *demonic apparition
* * *damned for all eternity

#WhatLiberalMedia
NoBody
2019-08-11 14:49:25 UTC
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-10/biden-says-he-w
as-vice-president-during-the-parkland-shooting
If you listen to him, you can tell he clearly has some (I'll put this
politely) concentration problems. I'm not sure if he's suffering from
some processing issues but I would have major concerns about him being
President considering how many "misspeaks" he makes.
Ubiquitous
2019-08-11 06:03:02 UTC
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-10/biden-says-he-was-vice-president-during-the-parkland-shooting
And you posted this off-topic article here because?
b***@gmail.com
2019-08-12 00:08:44 UTC
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-10/biden-says-he-w
as-vice-president-during-the-parkland-shooting
--
Re: Biden is unelectable
(Though trump has done way worse WAY more often)

"Mrs. Clinton told reporters after the brief meeting on the tarmac, minutes before her Air Force jet flew past the peak of Everest itself. ‘So when I was born, she called me Hillary, and she always told me it's because of Sir Edmund Hillary.’ "

For years, this story wasn’t widely discussed — it wasn’t mentioned in Hillary Clinton’s 2003 autobiography, Living History, for instance — but it did make its way into the autobiography of her husband, former President Bill Clinton, which was published in 2004.

Within a few years, though, the story attracted some attention on the Internet when someone realized a key discrepancy -- the mountain climber achieved worldwide fame six years after Clinton was born.

Eventually, in October 2006, a Clinton spokeswoman walked the story back."

-- https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/jul/19/mitch-mcconnell/did-hillary-clinton-lie-about-being-named-after-si/
The Horny Goat
2019-08-12 05:04:26 UTC
Within a few years, though, the story attracted some attention on the Inter=
net when someone realized a key discrepancy -- the mountain climber achieve=
d worldwide fame six years after Clinton was born.
Would be interesting to know whether her birth certificate spells
Hillary with one L or two - because that COULD make the above story
sort of true (even though I'm skeptical)

My grandfather changed the spelling of his name sometime between age
25-35 and one of the mysteries of my family tree search is to
determine when more specifically than a 10 year period. (Since his
name is my name I have more interest than my brother or anyone else in
the family)