World Health Organization admits: Covid no worse than a bad flu
2020-10-06 05:33:01 UTC
I'd like to say, "I told you so" because I did, a long time ago. Here it is:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-54422023

One in 10 people around the world may have contracted Covid-19, the World Health Organization said, at a special meeting of WHO leaders.

A top official said the estimate meant "the vast majority of the world remains at risk".

Just over 35m people have been confirmed as being infected with coronavirus - the WHO's estimate puts the true figure at closer to 800m.

Experts have long said the real number of cases would exceed those confirmed.

The WHO is meeting at its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, to discuss the global response to the pandemic.

Ten months on, the crisis shows no sign of ending. Several countries are seeing second waves after easing restrictions and in some cases numbers are even higher.
moviePig
Neither the article nor your excerpts supports your header.
RichA
800 million infected, 1 million dead, = 0.125% death rate. Not 10%, not 5%, not 2%. FLU PERCENT!!!!
The Horny Goat
As I've told you a million times, never engage in hyperbole!
trotsky
2020-10-17 13:04:26 UTC
[...]
How moviepig like. (Not a compliment.)

David Johnston
The problem of that of course is that bad flus have big death tolls.
Adam H. Kerman
2020-10-06 16:41:37 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-54422023
One in 10 people around the world may have contracted Covid-19, the World Health Organization said, at a special meeting of WHO leaders.
A top official said the estimate meant "the vast majority of the world remains at risk".
Just over 35m people have been confirmed as being infected with coronavirus - the WHO's estimate puts the true figure at closer to 800m.
Experts have long said the real number of cases would exceed those confirmed.
The WHO is meeting at its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, to discuss the global response to the pandemic.
Ten months on, the crisis shows no sign of ending. Several countries are seeing second waves after easing restrictions and in some cases numbers are even higher.
The problem of that of course is that bad flus have big death tolls.
If you're going to agree with Rich, how is this even your usual cheap
shot?
David Johnston
Thank you for your latest cheap shot.
FPP
2020-10-06 20:32:51 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
Post by RichA
[...]
That one was actually spot on, though it kills me to say so.
--
There's nothing more American than demanding to carry an AR-15 to
"protect yourself" but refusing to wear a mask to protect everyone else.

If you hired a guy to "Make My House Great Again", and he hired his
incompetent children, stole your money, gave it away to your richest
neighbors, let everyone get sick, killed your grandma, backed over your
mailbox, burned down your house and blamed it on your black friends next
door... would YOU hire him AGAIN?

REAL PRESIDENTS LEAD. REALITY TV PRESIDENTS DON'T.
Trump: "No, I don't take responsibility at all." - 3/13/20
FPP
2020-10-06 20:49:35 UTC
Post by David Johnston
[...]
Rong!

"The CDC has estimated that there’ve been between 12,000 to 61,000 flu
deaths each year since 2010."

That's the last decade.

"From 1976 to 2007, it was between an estimated 3,349 and 48,614 deaths
each year."

You have to go back to 1968 to find a figure even approaching 100,000
yearly deaths.
We're only around month 8 and we're more than double that.