What Did You Watch? 2021-10-18 (Monday)
2021-10-19 08:30:41 UTC

MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATRE 3000:
Shout Factory was playing MST3K all day:

DARK SHADOWS:
(1226) Gabriel gives Melanie a letter for Flora, whom he later attempts
to attack.

DARK SHADOWS:
(1227) Melanie Collins urges Flora Collins to tell Kendrick Young the
truth about his sister Stella's death.

Let's go Brandon!
anim8rfsk
2021-10-19 12:07:32 UTC
Hey, thanks for asking!

NCISOWM covered elsewhere

The first half of some awful Lifetime or Hallmark movie with Ashley
Williams. I think it was called October kiss.

The second half of some awful Hallmark or lifetime movie with Cindy Busby
as a Manhattan chef who goes down under. “Romance on the menu“ a.k.a.
“hearts down under“ a.k.a. “Coup de foudre à la carte” was apparently shot
in Australia but they could’ve done the whole thing on any corner in
Manhattan Beach.

They seem to be renaming all these movies to make Robin‘s life difficult.

The magic DVR told me that if I said the magic DVR words “TV treats“ into
the magic DVR remote that the magic DVR will automatically unlock a weeks
worth of special TV treats.

I’ve never seen worse treats in my life. Somewhere Cox cable needs to be
egged.

It says I can watch free all week long or click subscribe at any time to
keep watching after the “free view”

I have no idea what these groupings actually are.
True royalty
Dog TV
A&E crime central
Anime Network
Passionflix
MOTV my outdoor TV

Passion flicks which costs six dollars a month includes such gems as
Sexy Scrooge 2020
The naughty list 2019
Blind date 2007
Could this be love 2014
Mr. 365 2018
Many of them having a different actual name on IMDB and all starring people
I’ve never heard of with the stupidest descriptions you’ve ever seen
For instance Sexy Scrooge says it’s “a cute holiday quickie From Vi Keeland
and Penelope ward”
And sure enough it’s only 13 minutes long
Two annoying people ride in the back of a shared Uber (Which weights for
them in definitely everywhere they go which isn’t how it works and for
which they pay in cash and say “keep the change“ because I guess this was
written in a day where cabs still roam the earth) in the snow on Xmas eve
in New York and bitch about their lives. He clearly thinks he’s Dinozzo
from NCISOWM. She looks like she was probably pretty 10 years ago. The
plot, such as it is, makes no sense, and the Director is an incompetent
hack. Even the title doesn’t make sense because the Scrooge character is an
ugly old Judge Judy type.
I don’t think I need to pay to subscribe.

Now it’s 5 AM and there’s a 20 year old episode of Reba on Hallmark and
they’re actually bleeping out the word “SEX”
Post by Ubiquitous
—> Let’s go Brandon!
LOL

2021-10-19 12:22:03 UTC
Hey, thanks for asking!
NCISOWM covered elsewhere
The first half of some awful Lifetime or Hallmark movie with Ashley
Williams. I think it was called October kiss.
2015 Hallmark Channel flick.
Post by anim8rfsk
The second half of some awful Hallmark or lifetime movie with Cindy Busby
as a Manhattan chef who goes down under. “Romance on the menu“ a.k.a.
“hearts down under“ a.k.a. “Coup de foudre à la carte” was apparently shot
in Australia but they could’ve done the whole thing on any corner in
Manhattan Beach.
2020 Hallmark flick.

And I agree with you on Busby - I like her in Lifetime movies, but
something about her doesn't work *at all* in Hallmark Chennel flicks!
Post by anim8rfsk
They seem to be renaming all these movies to make Robin‘s life difficult.
Lifetime does this all the time. I'm surprised that Hallmark has taken
to doing it too.

I assume there's some either legal or financial reason behind the title
changing, but no one has ever explained it to me.
Post by anim8rfsk
[...]
Heh.
Post by anim8rfsk
Now it’s 5 AM and there’s a 20 year old episode of Reba on Hallmark and
they’re actually bleeping out the word “SEX”
Watching "Reba" is actually punishment!!
—> Let’s go Brandon!
LOL
What did you watch?
I'll follow up Ubi for that.
2021-10-19 15:18:43 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
Now it’s 5 AM and there’s a 20 year old episode of Reba on Hallmark and
they’re actually bleeping out the word “SEX”
Watching "Reba" is actually punishment!!
Let’s go Brandon!
LOL
What did you watch?
I'll follow up Ubi for that.
Thanks for the replies
2021-10-19 13:40:30 UTC
The second half of some awful Hallmark or lifetime movie with Cindy Busby
as a Manhattan chef who goes down under. Romance on the menu a.k.a.
hearts down under a.k.a. Coup de foudre la carte was
I started a thread on that movie a while back.
anim8rfsk
2021-10-19 15:18:44 UTC
The second half of some awful Hallmark or lifetime movie with Cindy Busby
as a Manhattan chef who goes down under. Romance on the menu a.k.a.
hearts down under a.k.a. Coup de foudre la carte was
apparently shot
in Australia but they could've done the whole thing on any corner in
Manhattan Beach.
I started a thread on that movie a while back.
“Raise your hand if ‘ewww’” - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

2021-10-19 20:53:53 UTC
The second half of some awful Hallmark or lifetime movie with Cindy Busby
as a Manhattan chef who goes down under. Romance on the menu a.k.a.
hearts down under a.k.a. Coup de foudre la carte was
apparently shot
in Australia but they could've done the whole thing on any corner in
Manhattan Beach.
I started a thread on that movie a while back.
“Raise your hand if ‘ewww’” - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
There's a pretty good chance I'm going to watch the original Buffy the
Vampire Slayer movie soon.

I watched:

Creepshow (AMC) "Shapeshifters Anonymous" - This episode was originally
a holiday special from last year. The DVR plot description said a man
who thinks he's a werewolf goes to a support group for shapeshifters. I
assumed he'd turn out to be human but the people in the group would be
real monsters and eat him. I was way off. This one of those episodes
where you really can't discuss it without getting into major spoilers.
This was certainly an interesting episode, and not at all what I was
expecting.

9-1-1 - "Peer Pressure" - Just slightly above background noise.

The Equalizer - "The Kingdom" - McCall vs. Saudi Arabia. I tried to
watch this on Sunday but my DVR wouldn't play it back so I had to pull
it off of OnDemand.

Family Guy - "80's Guy" - Peter's 80s nostalgia finally gets on Lois'
nerves. I'm guessing this was a meta episode. My DVR also wouldn't
play this back so I had to pull it off of OnDemand too. Since the
problem affected two different shows on two different channels, I'm
guessing the problem was on Comcast's end.
anim8rfsk
2021-10-20 01:47:29 UTC
The second half of some awful Hallmark or lifetime movie with Cindy Busby
as a Manhattan chef who goes down under. Romance on the menu a.k.a.
hearts down under a.k.a. Coup de foudre la carte was
apparently shot
in Australia but they could've done the whole thing on any corner in
Manhattan Beach.
I started a thread on that movie a while back.
“Raise your hand if ‘ewww’” - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
There's a pretty good chance I'm going to watch the original Buffy the
Vampire Slayer movie soon.
God help you friend. I think the only one that hates that movie more than I
do is Joss Whedon.
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
Family Guy - "80's Guy" - Peter's 80s nostalgia finally gets on Lois'
nerves. I'm guessing this was a meta episode. My DVR also wouldn't
play this back so I had to pull it off of OnDemand too. Since the
problem affected two different shows on two different channels, I'm
guessing the problem was on Comcast's end.
I had that going on as well with episodes of something called “secrets in
the ice“ on discovery. Some of them could be recorded and some couldn’t.
The ones that couldn’t be recorded seemed to think they were on the science
channel even though they were all running in a block on discovery. I gave
up and told the DVR to record any episodes of it anywhere it found them
anytime. We’ll see if it ever shows up again.

Which reminds me I suppose I need to set a recording for Da Flash in the
bitter hope they’ll kill of Iris.

2021-10-21 11:18:06 UTC
Family Guy - "80's Guy" - Peter's 80s nostalgia finally gets on Lois'
nerves. I'm guessing this was a meta episode. My DVR also wouldn't
play this back so I had to pull it off of OnDemand too. Since the
problem affected two different shows on two different channels, I'm
guessing the problem was on Comcast's end.
I had that going on as well with episodes of something called “secrets in
the ice“ on discovery. Some of them could be recorded and some couldn't.
The ones that couldn't be recorded seemed to think they were on the Science
Channel even though they were all running in a block on Discovery.
I've noticed that since Discovery channel became an umbrella network, there
has been a lot more content-sharing going on, as if watching commercials for
TLC and Discovery's trash programming isn't bad enough...

--
Let's go Brandon!

Ubiquitous
2021-10-21 11:14:44 UTC
There's a pretty good chance I'm going to watch the original Buffy the
Vampire Slayer movie soon.
My condolences.
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
Family Guy - "80's Guy" - Peter's 80s nostalgia finally gets on Lois'
nerves. I'm guessing this was a meta episode.
Oh, it was *totally* a meta ep, but they never really went anywhere with it.

Let's go Brandon!
Ubiquitous
2021-10-19 14:42:02 UTC
[...]
Post by Ubiquitous
—> Let's go Brandon!
LOL

Let's go Brandon!
anim8rfsk

2021-10-19 12:50:06 UTC
Lost & Found Music Studios (Netflix) - Ep's #1.13-1.14 & "2.1 & 2.2"
(really ep's #15 & #16, as I'm pretty sure the show was actually filmed
in one single batch!).
Not all that interesting.
Mostly these episodes focused on drama around the girl's group,
specifically "replacing" Maggie after she screwed them over on a gig,
or letting her back in, and crazy Leia's objections to taking Maggie
back. This gets a little sad as they hold auditions, and crazy(?) Clara
auditions but isn't chosen, and Eva is chosen... but is then dumped
when the group takes Maggie back.
Meanwhile, the boys band plays a terrible first gig, that goes wrong
even before they get there - e.g. their van gets totalled... In "season
#2", Leia gets the van repaired, but accidentally gets it painted pink,
but blames her best friend Rachel for that so her crush Luke doesn't
know.
There's more idiocy regarding the "romance" between John and
Michelle from "The Next Step". At least in ep. #2.2, John's and
Michelle's feelings are finally on the table, as is Leia's crush on
Luke.
At the end of ep. #2.2, Eva's strict religious mom catches her at a
party in the studio - will her mom pull her out now?!
Several characters continue to be afterthought wallflowers, like
Hannah who has been there since episode #1 but is never featured, and
Nate one of the new kid inductees who is promptly forgotten about after
joining.

Lucifer (Netflix) - "Goodbye, Lucifer" (ep. #6.9, the penultimate episode).
This episode was ridiculously long, clocking in at well over(?) an hour.
Amendiel explains the "world ending" thing - angels are answering
human prayers without God's guidance, and are screwing things up.
Lucifer tells Amenadiel that he no longer intends to take over as God,
and Amenadiel is kind of furious about it. Chloe reminds Lucifer that
Rory told Luficer it is his "last day" before he disappears.
So Lucifer spends the day "saying goodbye" (in a somewhat maudlin
fashion) to everybody, ending the day on the beach with Chloe and Rory.
Amenadiel decides to take over as a God, after talking to Chloe, but
intends to give the angels a much greater role.
Meanwhile, a screwed up prayer answering leads to Dan's murderer
escaping from jail. Dan follows the man, and then "possess" his body
when the murderer threatens to shoot a convenience store clerk. Dan
then gets a chance to bond with Trixie one last time, and discovers
what his "guilt" is - Dan ascends to heaven, but this leaves the murder
free again, and apparently now filled with Dan's knowledge.
This ends with the murderer apparently kidnapping Rory (how would he
even manage to kidnap an angel?!), just as Lucifer apparently made it
all the way through his "disappearing" day.
Just the series finale to go.

soaps: GH - WTF?! Was that ending for reals?!!... This was a pretty
ridiculous episode. Most of it concerned the "prison" in Crete - Victor
Cassidine orders his men to "eliminate" Peter August, but Peter has
already gotten to them, and they turn on Victor, holding Victor and
Valentin captive. Obrecht helps Drew figure out a way to fight his
"programming" - this allows Drew to get the jump on Peter. The WSB
"raid" Victor's compound. Back in Port Charles, Spinelli figures out
that presumably Peter hacked Scotty Baldwin's laptop, and used that to
capture Obrecht - Britt and Jason now know that Peter is in Crete... In
the end, Peter apparently shoots both Valentin and Drew!! possibly
fatally!!! and they fall into the water.

Recorded for later: Ordinary Joe, and DOOL.