Civility Project ends
2016-11-05 23:42:16 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Trump Surge Freakout: More Violence Against Supporters
By Matthew Vadum

Physical attacks on Donald Trump supporters and their personal property
appear to be growing increasingly common as Election Day approaches and
passions intensify.

As LifeZette recently reported [1], there was a foiled assassination
attempt at a Trump rally and many Trump supporters have been beaten up
or hit with flying objects throughout the course of the fall campaign.

“I think there is desperation by Democrats that Trump is actually
gaining in the polls and it looks real good that he’s going to win.”

While the mainstream media has relentlessly promoted Hillary Clinton’s
candidacy, it has largely ignored or downplayed these violent attacks
against supporters of Donald Trump.

For example, the national media paid little attention to a Trump
supporter being shot by a Trump detractor in Ohio.

In late July an unidentified 60-year-old man was shot in the leg at
Winston’s Bar on Cleveland’s East Side. His assailant, Darnell Hall,
45, shot him after their discussion of presidential politics grew
heated. The attacker “was enraged that anyone in the overwhelmingly
African-American bar would support the GOP nominee,” the Plain Dealer
reports. Hall later surrendered to police and was charged with
felonious assault.

Two UCLA students told Sean Hannity on Oct. 25 they’ve seen a lot of
anti-Trump violence on campus. Haley Nieves said protesters crashed one
of their pro-Trump rallies. “They were stomping on the American flag
during the event and even attempting to burn it afterward.” Dominique
Blair said, “You face crazy leftist mobs that are not tolerant of your
views whatsoever, and it turns into a lot of bad debates. Sometimes
violent, sometimes hitting and fights. I’ve been all around it.” Blair
added, “I am treated very poorly on my campus and other campuses. It’s
very hard to be a conservative activist in Los Angeles.”

On Oct. 26 a man dressed as a construction worker took a sledgehammer
and a pick-ax to Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, Deadline
Hollywood reports. The vandalism obliterated Trump’s name on the
sidewalk. The man identified himself to a reporter as Jamie Otis.
Trump’s star was dedicated in 2007 to recognize his work on the NBC TV
show “The Apprentice.” Otis “said he originally intended to remove
Trump’s star completely to auction it off next month in New York to
raise funds for the women who have recently come forward to accuse
Trump of sexually assaulting them over the decades.”

Afterwards, a homeless black woman guarded what was left of the star.
The woman held a sign that reads, “20 Million Illegals and Americans
Sleep on the Streets in Tents. Vote Trump.” Clinton supporters raided
the woman’s shopping cart and hurled abuse at her.

As an angry mob tore up her signs, one man told her "You spewed hate
and you got hate." He added, "You got exactly what you were dishing
out. I told you. I warned you."

Attacks on election signs have been widespread in this presidential
election cycle.

"While signs were often stolen or spray-painted in past elections,
local law enforcement in several swing states told NBC News the vitriol
has never been this tangible," NBC reported Nov. 4. "In Nevada, Reno
police Officer Tim Broadway said campaign-based vandalism has been more
prevalent this season than during any election in his 12-year career."

"A lot of it is the nature of the two candidates who are running,"
Broadway said.

David Jones, chairman of the Making Maine Great Again political action
committee, told NBC he bought 5,000 signs and distributed them across
Maine's first congressional district. Thieves stole about 1,000 of the
signs, he estimates.

"We were finding that we would put them up one day and they'd be gone
the next, if they lasted a day," Jones said. "They would be destroyed,
stolen, painted, cut. It's unbelievable how people reacted to it."

Many violent attacks at pro-Trump events appear to have been
orchestrated by Hillary Clinton’s campaign and senior operatives in the
Democratic National Committee. Undercover videos shot by ACORN slayer
James O’Keefe’s group Project Veritas Action caught senior Democrat
consultants Robert Creamer and Scott Foval acknowledging using dirty,
likely illegal tricks against the Trump campaign. Both have since
resigned from the DNC, a move some consider to be an admission of
guilt. Their goal was to generate negative media coverage of Trump
rallies by fomenting violence at them. The media eagerly used the
various altercations Democrats created to attempt to discredit Trump by
depicting his supporters as violent, knuckle-dragging crazies.

Foval said on camera his agents "infiltrate" Trump events. "It doesn’t
matter what the friggin’ legal and ethics people say, we need to win
this motherf**ker." He adds, "we’re starting anarchy here."

In one video Creamer says Hillary Clinton personally knows about the
false flag operation. Her campaign "is fully in it," he says. "Hillary
knows through the chain of command what’s going on." Previously
convicted of felony bank fraud, Creamer has close personal ties to
President Obama and has visited the Obama White House 342 times
including 47 meetings with Obama personally.

One of the visits even took place in Obama’s personal living quarters.
"It’s a very big deal that Creamer visited the president’s residence in
the White House," a former senior White House employee told this
writer. "White House employees can work there for years and never visit
the residence."

As previously reported, violent demonstrators from left-wing
organizations including MoveOn, Black Lives Matter, and People for
Bernie forced the cancelation of a planned Trump rally March 11 at the
University of Illinois at Chicago. The belligerent anti-Trump activists
streamed into the event and later celebrated shutting it down. The
event, which led to the arrest of four people, received a great deal of
media attention though much of it focused on how peaceful the
protesters supposedly were.

The abortive Chicago rally received plenty of national media attention
but a Trump rally in St. Louis, Mo., that same day that was besieged by
violent demonstrators was largely ignored.

KTLA reported at the time that at least 32 people were arrested in
protests both inside and outside Trump's rally at the Peabody Opera
House. "Thirty-one people were charged with disturbing the peace, and
one was charged with third-degree assault," the TV station reported.

The March 11 rally in Chicago seems to have been the launch of the
Left’s campaign of violence and intimidation aimed at Trump and his
supporters.

As Noah Rothman wrote at Commentary:

What followed Chicago was a campaign of unreciprocated leftist violence
targeting conservative Trump supporters across the country. On several
occasions, Trump-backers were harassed and attacked by leftist
demonstrators, much of which occurred with minimal national press
coverage or which was characterized as the inevitable result of Trump’s
provocations.

Here is a compilation of some of the attacks on Trump supporters that
were left out of this writer’s previous article on anti-Trump violence:

On Nov. 4 obscene messages including "F**k Trump yessir" were spray-
painted on the Alamance County, N.C., Republican Party headquarters in
Burlington, the News & Observer reports. The local GOP called the
incident an "act of political violence."

On Nov. 4 the Denver, Colo., Trump campaign office was vandalized,
9News reports. Windows were spray-painted and "Trump = thief" was
spray-painted on a brick wall.

Fox 5 reported Nov. 3 that several Trump signs were spray-painted,
kicked, and ripped along Minnieville Road in Woodbridge, Va. The Prince
William County Republican Party has filed eight police reports about
vandalism.

Corey Stewart, chairman of the county’s board of supervisors and former
Trump campaign chairman for Virginia, blames Hillary Clinton’s
campaign. "I think there is desperation by Democrats that Trump is
actually gaining in the polls and it looks real good that he’s going to
win, not just the country, but he could very well win Virginia."

On Nov. 1 Students for Hillary members harassed pro-Trump students and
destroyed Trump campaign signs at a rally at Penn State University’s
University Park campus in State College, Campus Reform reports. Members
of the expressly pro-Trump Bull Moose Party group built a temporary
wall around a flagpole and placed Trump signs on it. University
administrators had previously refused to allow students to use the name
"Trump" in the name of their club citing bogus legal concerns.

On Oct. 31 in Easton, Mass. a man in a Halloween costume pulled up a
Trump lawn sign and destroyed it, NECN reports. "I think it’s just very
unfortunate that people won’t allow me to express my opinion in a
pretty peaceful way," said homeowner Steven Salvucci. "It’s just a sign
in the street."

On Oct. 31 a Youth for Trump sign was ripped down at the University of
Pittsburgh with such force that the tree limb it was posted on broke,
Campus Reform reports. Lindsey Hern, a senior, said the group’s booth
was surrounded by an angry profanity-screaming mob. One female student
shouted at her, "how can you be a woman and support Trump?" Hern said
she was "horrified and scared for my safety because of my views." A few
days earlier students flipped a Youth for Trump table over on campus.

On the night of Oct. 29-30, vandals spray-painted anti-Trump slogans
and "obscene sexual images" on the Wooddale United Church in East
Stroudsburg, Penn., the Pocono Record reports.

On Oct. 25 Ronnie Sartain’s home in Gainesville, Fla. was vandalized,
the Gainesville Sun reports. Sartain found a 5-foot-high purple
swastika painted on his garage door and swastikas painted on his
walkway and on his Trump yard sign. One of his neighbors also
complained to police about finding swastikas painted on his truck and
Trump sign.

In Provo, Utah, Loy Brunson’s Trump signs and those of his neighbors
were vandalized, Good4Utah reported Oct. 20. "Amerikkka" was painted on
his car.

On Oct. 24 in Reno, Nev., veteran-owned Macabee Arms LTD was
vandalized. A Trump sign was spray-painted over in black paint along
with a vehicle, KOLO reports.

TV station WITN reported Oct. 19 that shots had been fired late at
night two days earlier at the front windows of the Pamlico County
Republican Party Headquarters in Bayboro, N.C. County GOP chairman Dave
Wickersham said two large Trump signs were vandalized. This was the
second such incident in the prior three weeks.

On Oct. 11 Hillary Clinton supporters ripped down a temporary wall made
of boxes at the Fort Collins campus of Colorado State University that
bore the Trump slogan "Make America Great Again." Juan Caro, chairman
of student organization Conservative Interest Group, told Campus Reform
that many students were shouted down as they expressed political views,
and that he was personally called an "ignorant Hispanic, stupid, and
f**ked in the head" for backing Trump.

On Oct. 8 two landscaping bricks were hurled through a window at the
Delaware County Republican Party office in Muncie, Ind., Fox59 reports.
Signs for Trump and local candidates were on display in the window at
the time.

On Oct. 1 the brand new Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C.,
was vandalized. "Black Lives Matter" was spray-painted at the hotel
entrance. The other phrase painted was "No Justice, [No] Peace," with
the second "no" expressed using a red circle with a slash.

On Sept. 7 at the University of California at Berkeley a group of
obscenity-shouting students attacked a College Republicans recruiting
table on campus. "A group of protesters with a megaphone confronted our
table and proceeded to snatch and attempt to rip up our Donald Trump
cut-out," Berkeley College Republicans president Jose Diaz told the
College Fix.

On May 24 at DePaul University in Chicago, supporters of Bernie Sanders
and Black Lives Matter harassed and tried to intimidate Trump supporter
Milo Yiannopoulos, an outspoken gay conservative journalist and
activist who showed up to give a speech. The activists occupied the
stage and threatened to punch Yiannopoulos, Breitbart News (the
employer of Yiannopoulos) reports. The school forced event organizers
and Breitbart to hire security guards for the event, but they refused
to intervene.

Also on May 24, shots from a pellet gun shattered a window at the
Albuquerque Convention Center during a Trump rally inside. Protesters
tried to disrupt the rally by shouting and holding banners that read
"Trump is Fascist" and "We've heard enough" and resisted being removed
by security. "Outside in the parking lot, it at times had all the
makings of a riot … Earlier in the evening demonstrators tried to break
their way into the building," Carl Cameron of Fox News reported. "At
one point a vendor with Trump t-shirts and hats had his table
overturned and someone tried to set it on fire." Local police said
"several" officers were hit by rocks and received medical attention.
Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R) described the protesters as a
"rent-a-mob."

On March 9, Judy Beaty discovered her home in Gainesville, Va., had
been vandalized and her Trump lawn signs stolen, Fox 5 reports.
"Revolution" and "Can you see the new world through the tear gas" were
spray-painted on the front and side of her house. Beaty said her family
members were victims of a "political hate crime." The previous week
three of her Trump lawn signs were stolen, she added.

This is not an exhaustive list of all the violent acts perpetrated
against Americans who support Donald Trump’s candidacy for the highest
office in the land.

And there are still three days remaining before Election Day.
--
BREAKING NEWS
In other news, somehow Crooked Hillary still isn't in prison...
Ubiquitous
2016-11-08 10:20:40 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Graffiti urges killing of Trump supporters.
by Dave Urbanski

When someone spray-painted the graffiti message “kill your local Trump
supporter” on an exterior wall in Boston, you might say the culprit’s
irony alarm wasn’t ringing too loudly at the time.

Because the 20-foot-wide call to arms was found Sunday on a building
that houses studio and exhibition space — for the School of the Museum
of Fine Arts, the Boston Herald reported.

One college student noticed the message before it was painted over late
Sunday morning.

“I think it’s ridiculous,” Sam Lovett-Perkins, a nursing major at
Northeastern University, told the paper. “It’s violent and
unnecessary.”

The 21-year-old Democrat and Hillary Clinton supporter added: “I think
it’s overkill on how we view each other as people. It’s outrageous
where we’ve gotten to as a nation.”

While Massachusetts State Rep. Geoff Diehl (R-Whitman) told the Herald
that “to actually advocate for killing someone is beyond the pale,” he
said “hell or high water” won’t influence Trump supporters to stay
home on Election Day.

“I don’t think there’s anybody not planning to go because of safety
concerns,” Diehl added to the paper. “One random act of a threat
hopefully doesn’t translate into anything else.”

He also noted a “disturbing trend in this presidential cycle that
there’s been people recruited from the left to attack Trump rallies and
now we’re seeing what is turning into desperation on the side of the
Clinton campaign to bully Trump voters into not coming out on Tuesday.”

“All they have is attacks on Donald Trump,” Diehl told the Herald, “and
no change in policy for getting America back on track.”
Hass
Trump supporters kill police officers.
Ubiquitous
2016-11-10 16:10:38 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Twitter Erupts With Calls For Donald Trump To Be Assassinated
by David Hookstead

Twitter is exploding with people calling for president-elect Donald Trump
to be assassinated.

The Republican real-estate billionaire beat Hillary Clinton handily to
become the next president of the United States, but that hasn’t stopped
lots of people calling for somebody to murder him.

my mom is talking about assassinate donald trump. watch out guy
my white suburban mother is coming for you
— duck (@DuckFanAccount) November 9, 2016

Trump ain’t president ’til inauguration day lmao you guys still
have time to assassinate BOTH Trump and Pence.
— aaeoius (@kazzandrabalona) November 9, 2016
--
It's now time for healing, and for fixing the damage the Democrats did
to America.
A Friend
2016-11-10 20:07:42 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Twitter Erupts With Calls For Donald Trump To Be Assassinated
by David Hookstead
Twitter is exploding with people calling for president-elect Donald Trump
to be assassinated.
The Republican real-estate billionaire beat Hillary Clinton handily to
become the next president of the United States, but that hasn?t stopped
lots of people calling for somebody to murder him.
my mom is talking about assassinate donald trump. watch out guy
my white suburban mother is coming for you
Trump ain?t president ?til inauguration day lmao you guys still
have time to assassinate BOTH Trump and Pence.
Not TV related ... but I was 10 when JFK was murdered, and I would
never joke about that kind of thing happening ever again. I didn't
much care for Reagan, but I was distraught when he was attacked.

This is not a joking matter.
Ubiquitous
2016-11-11 10:17:47 UTC
[...]
A lot of bitter Democrats are going to learn this the hard way.

I was going to post a YouTube link to a relevant skit from THE STATE, but I
cannot seem to find it...
--
It's now time for healing, and for fixing the damage the Democrats did
to America.
Ubiquitous
2016-12-01 10:45:47 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Electoral College voter: I'm getting death threats
By Alexandra King, CNN

CNN) A college student from Michigan said Wednesday that he has received
death threats after being chosen to cast an Electoral College vote for his
state in December.

Although the presidential election was won by Donald Trump on November 8,
it's not official until December 19, when all 538 members of the Electoral
College will come together to cast their votes.

Michael Banerian, the youth vice-chairman of the Michigan Republican
Party, will be one of his state's 16 electors. The honor of being
selected, a role typically bestowed to recognize a person's service and
dedication to their political party, has come at a price, Banerian told
CNN's Brianna Keilar .

"Obviously, this election cycle was pretty divisive. Unfortunately it's
bled over into the weeks following the election and I have been inundated
with death threats, death wishes, generally angry messages trying to get
me to change my vote to Hillary Clinton or another person, and
unfortunately, it's gotten a little out of control." Banerian said.

Banerian said he has been threatened with violence.

"I've had people talk about putting a bullet in the back of my mouth. I've
had death wishes or people just saying 'I hope you die.' Or, 'do society a
favor, throw yourself in front of a bus,'" he said.

In every other presidential election in history, Electoral College members
have voted in accordance with their state's voters, meaning that, in
Michigan, Banerian and his fellow electors will cast their votes for
Donald Trump. But even if he could change his vote, it would still be
against the law to do so in his state, Banerian said.

He suggested people look up how the process works.

"In the state of Michigan we have laws that prevent faithless electors.
So, essentially what happens, if I tried to vote for somebody else, which,
let me be clear, I don't want to, but if I tried to, I would be removed
and replaced by another elector. It's a pointless endeavor," he said.

Banerian told Keilar he had filed a police report.

"I just had a very nice meeting with my local police department," he said.

CNN has not spoken with the police department or verified any threats
against Banerian.
--
Crooked Hillary demands a vote recount--except in states she barely
won. Apparently, those were accurately tabulated.
Ubiquitous
2016-12-15 10:45:47 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Electors are being harassed, threatened in bid to stop Trump
By Mark Moore

Electors around the country are being harassed with a barrage of emails,
phone calls and letters — and even death threats — in an effort to block
Donald Trump from being voted in as president by the Electoral College on
Monday.

The bullying is overwhelming Sharon Geise’s tech devices, but not her
resolve to support Trump.

The Mesa, Arizona, grandmother woke up Wednesday morning to more than
1,500 emails demanding she not carry out her legal duty to vote for the
president-elect.

“They just keep coming and coming,” Geise told The Post, estimating she’s
received more than 50,000 emails since the election. “They’re
overpowering my iPad.”

Her answer: mass delete.

Despite the avalanche, she said, her decision to back Trump is stronger
than ever.

“Obviously their minds are made up and they’re not going to change. I’m
not either,” the soft-spoken Geise said.

Reports of GOP electors being badgered have been reported in numerous
states, including Georgia, Idaho, Tennessee, Arizona, Utah and Michigan.

Like Geise, Republican Patricia Allen of Tennessee told The Post she’s
been bombarded with 2,000 emails, 120 letters and five phone calls all
urging her to switch and vote against Trump. But Allen, 74, said that
despite the “siege,” she’s not budging.

“This has never happened before … Do you know how long it takes to delete
all those emails every day?” she asked.

She’s also been solicited by a Harvard University group backed by
constitutional law Prof. Lawrence Lessig, who has offered free legal aid
to electors who change their vote.

“That borders on bribery,” said Allen. “Carried to this extreme, the day
might come when an elector could be sold to the highest bidder.”

Lessig claims that 20 GOP electors are considering voting against Trump.

Even if true, that wouldn’t be enough to alter the outcome when the 538
members of the Electoral College gather to cast their official votes.
Trump has 306 electoral votes, 36 more than the minimum required.

For Michael Banerian, a senior at Oakland University in Michigan and a
Republican elector, the harassment comes with a dark side.

He said he’s been getting death threats via email, snail mail, Twitter
and Facebook.

“Somebody threatened to put a bullet in the back of my mouth,” Banerian,
22, told The Post on Wednesday.

In Utah, a group called Democracy and Progress PAC placed full-page ads
in Salt Lake City’s daily newspapers telling electors they are “not
bound” to vote for trump, who won the state.

But the Desert News reported that under Utah law, Trump must receive all
the state’s Electoral College votes, since he won the election in the
state.

The paper said Utah’s six Republican electors are being inundated with
emails pressing them not to support Trump.

One of them, Salt Lake County Councilman Richard Snelgrove, said there’s
no way he’ll cave in to the pressure.

“No, Trump won the Electoral College fair and square,” he said.

The effort to deny the electoral vote to Trump was launched shortly after
the Nov. 8 election.

The Clinton campaign came out in support of the effort Monday, backing an
open letter from 10 Democratic electors to National Intelligence Director
James Clapper calling for an intelligence briefing on what role Russian
hackers may have played in the election.
Ubiquitous
2016-12-19 10:42:29 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Pro-Donald Trump electors are receiving death threats ahead of Electoral
College vote
by Chris Enloe

As the Electoral College gets set to convene Monday to officially vote for
president, some electors of President-elect Donald Trump have received
extremely troubling messages — even death threats.

Michael Banerian, an elector from Michigan, is bound by Michigan state law to
vote for Trump when the Electoral College meets Monday. Electors in 27 other
states, plus D.C., have so-called “faithless elector” laws, which bind their
state’s electors to vote for the candidate the majority of their state’s
citizens voted for during the general presidential election.

Still, that hasn’t stopped people from all across the country from sending
Banerian messages to plea that he not vote for Trump.

Banerian recently told CNN that messages have poured into his social media
accounts and his mailbox. And in just the last week alone, he’s received more
than 2,000 snail-mail messages. And while most of them are tame, others are
not.

“I’ve had death wishes, people just saying ‘I hope you die. Do society a
favor, throw yourself in front of a bus.’ And just recently, I was reading a
blog about me, and unfortunately these people not only called for the burning
of myself, but my family, which is completely out of line,” he said.

Banerian added that he thinks the pressure to vote against Trump is
hypocritical because had Hillary Clinton won the election, there likely
wouldn’t be the same outcry about the Electoral College and its electors.

“It’s utter hypocrisy, because I don’t think if the roles were reversed, most
of these people would be OK with electors being faithless and voting for
anyone other than Hillary Clinton, had she won,” he said.

And while Banerian can’t go rogue — meaning he must vote for Trump on Monday
— electors in 22 other states can, and they’re undoubtedly feeling the
pressure to do so.

More from CNN:

Anti-Trump groups are not letting up, posting the names and
addresses of 283 electors on the internet, and encouraging people
across the country to write the electors asking they vote against
Trump.

The group “Hamilton Electors” is leading the charge to block
Trump from 270 electoral votes. They say at least 20 electors are
on board, but they need 37 for the election to go to the House of
Representatives.

In addition, Hollywood stars and Harvard law professor Larry Lessig are
pressuring electors to vote against Trump. Lessig has even assembled a group
of lawyers to give pro bono legal counsel to any elector in a Trump state
seeking to vote against him.
Ubiquitous
2016-12-23 14:39:32 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Everyone should be treated with respect — unless you’re a Republican
http://nypost.com/2016/12/22/everyone-should-be-treated-with-respect-unless-youre-a-republican/
--
"Man kicked off JetBlue flight for questioning why Ivanka Trump was on it."
#FakeNews
Ubiquitous
2017-01-03 05:48:59 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Cops: Man urinates on trooper after Disney arrest, says 'Fuck Trump'

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. - A 20-year-old man was arrested on Disney
property early New Year's Day, accused of yelling profanities at law
enforcement officers and urinating on a trooper's leg.

The man, who initially refused to give his name but was later
identified as Joseph Murphy, was arrested Sunday near Disney Springs
and faces charges of battery on an officer, indecent exposure of sexual
organs and resisting an officer without violence.
More News Headlines

Parents found dead near car with 3 children inside ID'd, deputies
say
Man accused of firing AR-15 at cows on Florida Turnpike, FHP says
Suspected 'Batman' robber arrested; judge rules women held on no
bond
Driver dies after slamming into Orange County home, FHP says

According to an Orange County charging affidavit, a Florida Highway
Patrol trooper assisted another trooper, who had placed Murphy in hand
restraints on a sidewalk at Buena Vista Drive.

The first trooper said he was arresting Murphy for disorderly
intoxication, the report stated. The second trooper said Murphy reeked
of alcohol.

Murphy was placed in the trooper's patrol cruiser, where he began
banging his head against a partition and tried to choke himself, the
report said. Murphy was yelling "police brutality" as he kept banging
his head, the affidavit said.

Murphy then began yelling obscenities, including "(expletive) Donald
Trump," the report stated.

At the Orange County Jail, Murphy banged his head against a car window
and began urinating on the floor, officials said. He then turned around
and urinated on one of the trooper's pants, leaving a large wet spot on
his uniform, officials said.
--
Obama acting tough at this point is like an athlete finally trash
talking out the team bus window as it leaves the stadium parking lot.
Ubiquitous
2017-01-16 20:44:15 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Leftist Groups Plot Violent, Criminal Activities at Trump Inauguration...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHZSfhd1X_8&feature=youtu.be
--
Remember to always use the words "respected icon" when referring to
misguided political hack John Lewis. It's the law.
David Johnston
Did any violent criminal activities happen at the Inauguration?
Ubiquitous
2017-01-16 23:03:27 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by Ubiquitous
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Leftist Groups Plot Violent, Criminal Activities at Trump Inauguration...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHZSfhd1X_8&feature=youtu.be
Did any violent criminal activities happen at the Inauguration?
Umm, are you being obtuse for some reason, other than to look foolish?
--
In self-congratulating fashion, Obama gave Joe Biden a medal and named
him the best VP he ever had.
Dimensional Traveler
2017-01-16 23:37:52 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by Ubiquitous
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Leftist Groups Plot Violent, Criminal Activities at Trump Inauguration...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHZSfhd1X_8&feature=youtu.be
Did any violent criminal activities happen at the Inauguration?
You do not have the clearance to know that before Friday.
--
Running the rec.arts.TV Channels Watched Survey.
Winter 2016 survey began Dec 01 and will end Feb 28
Ubiquitous
2017-01-23 10:10:46 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Passengers cheer as woman berating Trump supporter is kicked off plane
By Kyle Olson

An elderly woman demanded a Donald Trump supporter seated next to her
be moved, but she quickly found out that’s not how the world works.

Scott Koteskey, in a window seat, posted video on Saturday showing a
woman in the middle seat complaining about him to airline personnel.

According to Kotesky:

Just had the craziest experience ever on an airplane:

I’m boarding my flight from Baltimore to Seattle and approach
my seat. I had an upgraded seat that I paid a little extra for
because of the long 6 hour flight. As I approach my row I
smile and motion to the husband and wife sitting in the aisle
and middle seat that Imy seat was next to the window. I put
my backpack in the overhead and the wife with a very stern
voice says to me:

“Did you come here to cheer or to protest?”

“I came here to celebrate democracy ma’am”

… I knew this was going to be a long flight at this point.
She then proceeded with: (somewhat paraphrased as my memory
allows)

Her: “You put a crazed man in charge of the nuclear codes!
You should be ashamed!”

Me: ‘Well we’re all entitled to our opinions here ma’am.”

Her: “And I’m entitled to get drunk and puke in your lap!
I’m going to throw up right in your lap! You make me sick!
Don’t talk to me! Don’t look at me! Don’t you dare even put
your arm on that rest. You disgust me! You should be ashamed
of yourself! You put a maniac’s finger on the button”
(assuming she’s means nukes). You are a bigot. You should get
off this plane!”

Me: “ma’am, by definition, bigotry is disparaging someone
prior to knowing them simply by their beliefs and opinions.
Thank you for being the very thing you preach against.”

Kotesky told a flight attendant on the Seattle-bound plane that the
woman called him names and insulted him.”Is there going to be a
problem?” the flight attendant sternly asked the woman.

“I told you I would like him to change seats with somebody…” the woman
said, before the flight attendant cut her off, “Well, you don’t have
that right.”

The woman then began to berate the Trump supporter.

“You pretend you have the moral high ground but you put that man’s
finger on the nuclear button. That man doesn’t believe in climate
change,” she said, using air quotes for dramatic effect.

As a gate attendant attempted to intervene, she was unrelenting.

“Do you believe in gravity? Because did you know gravity is just a
theory?”

“Will you grab your belongings and come with me?” the attendant asked
her.

She then attempted to use her recently-deceased mother-in-law for why
she should remain on the plane and be unaccountable for her behavior.

Refusing to leave the plane, she said, “I paid for this seat and I’m
sitting here. He’s in my space.”

As the attendant patiently and repeatedly asked the woman to exit the
plane, she said, “I’m going home now. We had to be here. My mother-
in-law died.”

The woman and the man sitting next to her attempted to negotiate with
the attendant, trying to remain on the plane.

“Fine, I’ll be quiet.”

“I’m not going to allow that,” he responded, before informing the
woman the captain wanted her off the plane.

Another video, taken from across the aisle, showed the woman sneering
at the Trump supporter, then at passengers behind her before police
ordered her off the plane.

Here’s the video (sorry for the low quality) of the lady
being ejected off the plane. Pretty inaudible, but you
can see her sneers and make snide remarks as she’s escorted
by police.

Posted by Scott Koteskey on Saturday, January 21, 2017

Passengers cheered as she carried her belongings and exited the
aircraft.

“So I get a whole row to myself?” asked the other passengers.
--
In the actual number of hours spent working at the Oval Office desk,
Trump just surpassed Obama's 8 year total.
BTR1701
2017-01-23 15:13:14 UTC
Passengers cheered as she carried her belongings and exited the
aircraft.
The funniest part was the look of resigned defeat on the face of her
milquetoast husband. It's obviously not the first time his life has been
complicated by the harridan he married.
Ubiquitous
2017-02-07 10:15:42 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
The “Knights for Socialism” group at the University of Central Florida (UCF)
held a workshop Sunday to teach left-wing students how to “BASH THE FASH” with
a “Leftist Fight Club” open to everyone but Republicans.

Muslims, Women, the LGBTQIA+ community, Jews, African Americans and other
minorities since the rise of Donald Trump and other Alt-Right Neo-Nazis,
Knights for Socialism has decided to host a series of self-defense clinics for
anyone that wants to learn how to BASH THE FASH,” asserts the Facebook event
page for “Leftist Fight Club: The Rumbles at Lake Claire.”

“This event is open to everyone and anyone, EXCEPT REPUBLICANS.”
Tweet This

The description explains that a local amateur boxer was on hand to teach basic
hand-to-hand combat techniques at the self-defense clinic, in order to help the
socialist students better protect themselves from potential hate crimes
performed by those sympathetic to “Donald Trump and other Alt-Right Neo-Nazis.”

After the instruction, students were given the opportunity to practice what
they learned by sparring with one another.

The event planners specifically urged women to attend because they expect a
rise in sexual violence due to the election of President Trump.

“Ladies: The Commander in thief is a sexual predator and rapist,” the
description warns. “He has normalised sexual assault and it is expected that
sexual violence against women is going to skyrocket in the next 12 months.
Please join us! There will be other women there for you to spar against!”

The organizers also imply that they are looking forward to unprotected
sparring, remarking that “We will have gloves and pads, no bare-knuckle yet
;).”

Scott Benton, a UCF College Republican, told Campus Reform that he considers
the impulse toward violence to be a natural consequence of the intellectual
indefensibility of leftists beliefs, saying, “If you can’t hang with someone on
a debate stage, then you resort to other means to try and justify your cause.”

Other students, however, say they feel less safe on campus because of the
event.

Campus Reform obtained an email exchange in which a UCF student alerts the Dean
of Student Conduct, Dana Juntunen, to the existence of the “disturbing event,”
to which Juntunen replied by thanking the student for bringing the event to the
school’s attention and stating that campus administrators would be “looking
further into this.”

“This event is open to everyone and anyone, EXCEPT REPUBLICANS,” the Facebook
event page proudly proclaims.

Karis Lockhart, chair of the UCF College Republicans, put it simply, telling
Campus Reform that “the fact that the description of the event says ‘everyone
except republicans’ means they don't want to hold an educational discussion
about the issues, they just want to whine.”

Neither Knights for Socialism nor UCF spokespersons responded to requests for
comment from Campus Reform in time for publication.
--
The Berkeley riot fires caused groundhog Punxsutawney Phil to see his
own shadow, thus predicting another 6 weeks of stupidity.
Hass
2017-02-08 00:51:26 UTC
http://s3.amazonaws.com/campusreform/8741/FightClubFB.jpg
http://s3.amazonaws.com/campusreform/8741/FightClubEmail.jpg
#fakenews
Ubiquitous
2017-02-12 10:15:42 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, Tenn. — A substitute teacher in Tennessee has been
fired because of a post on Facebook about President Donald Trump’s
supporters.

According to the Knoxville News Sentinel, the post in question was on
Nov. 9, 2016, at 9:29 a.m.

The post read:

“The only good Trump supporter is a dead Trump supporter.”

Rutherford County Schools spokesman James Evans said in a statement
Thursday that the school district received several messages on
Wednesday about “a substitute teacher who is accused of making
inappropriate, threatening comments on social media during the work
day.”

Evans said the school district contracts with PESG to provide
substitute teachers and has notified the contractor that the substitute
teacher, David Colin, will no longer be permitted to work in Rutherford
County Schools.

“PESG has indicated it will conduct an internal investigation of the
allegations immediately,” Evans said.
--
Nordstrom, while insisting it's not political, will replace Ivanka's
clothing line with Hillary's spring polyester pantsuit collection.
Ubiquitous
2017-02-15 10:15:42 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Congressman Staffer Knocked Unconscious By Anti-Trump Protesters...
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/02/15/rohrabacher-staffer-71-knocked-
unconscious-by-group-delivering-valentines-day-cards/

HUNTINGTON BEACH (CBSLA.com) — Rep. Dana Rohrabacher says a 71-year-old
staffer at his Huntington Beach office was knocked unconscious during a
protest, but the protestors say they were delivering Valentine’s Day cards.

The “assault” on Rohrabacher’s district director, Kathleen Staunton,
happened Tuesday afternoon during a protest by a group calling themselves
Indivisible OC. Police confirmed they were called to the scene, but made no
arrests.

Happy Valentines Day from @DanaRohrabacher's office!
pic.twitter.com/288DsWwWGR

— Indivisible OC (@indivisible_oc) February 14, 2017

Staunton was trying to exit through the front door of Rohrabacher’s office
to visit a restroom when, according to Rohrabacher, a protester yanked the
door open, causing her to fall and hit her head. The door also pushed over a
2-year-old child who was apparently brought along with the crowd, but she
was not injured, the congressmen said.

Staunton, who has managed Rohrabacher’s office since his first term in 1989,
was treated by paramedics and taken to a local hospital, Rohrabacher said.

Rohrabacher Outraged by Assault on his District Director by
‘Indivisible’ Mob https://t.co/7JtYucqsKT

— Dana Rohrabacher (@RepRohrabacher) February 15, 2017

“I am outraged beyond words that protesters who mobbed my Huntington Beach
office violently knocked down my faithful district director, Kathleen
Staunton, causing her to be hospitalized,” Rohrabacher said in a statement.
“And, yes, deliberate or not, the incident came as part of a mob action that
not only intimidates but coerces. Though the protesters think of themselves
as idealists, they engaged in political thuggery, pure and simple.”

The protest was part of a nationwide movement calling itself “Indivisible”
and pledged to resist President Donald Trump’s agenda. Rohrabacher said the
group came to demand a town hall meeting with him even though he was working
in Washington D.C. with the House of Representatives in session.
--
They had cow catchers to get cattle off train tracks. Why not shit
catchers to remove proggies who block highways.
Ubiquitous
2017-03-28 12:39:39 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Sen. Chuck Schumer caused a scene at a Manhattan restaurant when he began
yelling at a wealthy and well-connected Donald Trump supporter that the
POTUS is “a liar.”

Schumer, the top Senate Democrat, lost his cool on Sunday night at Upper
East Side restaurant Sette Mezzo, according to witnesses.

He was dining with friends when he encountered Joseph A. Califano Jr. — the
former US secretary of health, education and welfare under President Jimmy
Carter and domestic policy adviser to President Lyndon B. Johnson — and his
wife, Hilary, who were having a quiet dinner.

Onlookers said Schumer was incensed that Hilary — the daughter of William
S. Paley, the founder and chairman of CBS — had voted for Trump, even
though her husband, Joseph, is a well-known Democrat.

One witness said of the restaurant rant, “They are a highly respected
couple, and Schumer made a scene, yelling, ‘She voted for Trump!’ The
Califanos left the restaurant, but Schumer followed them outside.” On the
sidewalk, Schumer carried on with his fantastical filibuster: “?‘How could
you vote for Trump? He’s a liar!’ He kept repeating, ‘He’s a liar!’?”

Hilary confirmed the confrontation, telling Page Six, “Sen. Schumer was
really rude .?.?. He’s our senator, and I don’t really like him. Yes, I
voted for Trump. Schumer joined us outside and he told me Trump was a liar.
I should have told him that Hillary Clinton was a liar, but I was so
surprised I didn’t say anything.”

Joseph didn’t return calls for comment.

A spokesman for Schumer said, “[He] and his wife ate at the café on Sunday,
engaging in unremarkable conversation with patrons who approached their
table. There were no heated exchanges with ?anyone.”

Schumer has been making a lot of noise about Trump. On Monday he called for
the removal of Republican Representative Nunes as chairman of House
Intelligence Committee. He’s also said he and the Democrats will attempt to
filibuster Judge Neil Gorsuch’s nomination to the Supreme Court.
2017-03-28 12:39:40 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
It’s really interesting to watch how people react when Chris Matthews
makes an insanely absurd comment on his own show.

IN this case, he compares Uday and Qusay, the murderous sons of
Saddam Hussein.

Watch below:
https://videos.files.wordpress.com/LJ7H0Tuh/matthews-compares-trump-kids-to-saddam-kids_hd.mp4

Unbelievable.

I know it’s cliche, but imagine if a Fox News guy said this about
Obama – in fact, Glenn Beck got fired from Fox News for saying that
Obama might be a racist. Matthews is comparing the Trump kids to
murderous slugs who had RAPE ROOMS where they would keep slaves that
they WOULD RAPE.

Amazing.
2017-05-02 22:38:56 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Stephen Colbert’s Shocking Attack On Trump Concludes With A Homophobic
Slur

Once the clock struck midnight on Donald Trump’s 100 days in office,
Stephen Colbert’s claws came out. He delivered his most vicious attack
on the President to date during the monologue of Monday night’s The
Late Show with Stephen Colbert, using language many were shocked to
hear come out of the late night host’s mouth — including a derogatory
slur many consider to be homophobic.

Colbert’s 12 minute monologue (!) began by addressing Trump’s rally in
Pennsylvania over the weekend and and the handful of interviews he
granted, singling in on his interaction with Face The Nation host John
Dickerson. Trump wasn’t so quick to offer up answers to many questions,
including one about his taxes, and told Dickerson he refers to the
Sunday morning news program as “Deface The Nation.” To this, Colbert
offered, “Donald Trump, John Dickerson is a fair-minded journalist and
one of the most competent people who will ever walk into your office,
and you treat him like that?” Colbert also stood up for his CBS
colleague, saying Dickerson has “way too much dignity to trade insults
with a president of the United States to his face.”

However, Colbert admitted, “I sir, am no John Dickerson” —quick aside:
Don’t you just HATE when people use the word “sir” as a means to levy a
condescending attack?— before he unleashed a string of insults,
including “Mr. President, I love your presidency, I call it ‘Disgrace
The Nation,’” and “You’re the ‘presi-dunce’ but you’re turning into a
real ‘prick-tator.” (Fast forward to roughly the 10:25 mark of this
video.)

But then he went about as brutal as we’ve ever really seen Colbert get,
continuing, “Sir, you attract more skinheads than free Rogaine. You
have more people marching against you than cancer. You talk like a
sign-language gorilla that got hit in the head.”

And then Colbert finished it off with the most scathing line of them
all: “In fact, the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir
Putin’s cock holster,” which elicited gasps from the studio audience.

Lobbing jokes at the President of the United States, be they Democrat
or Republican, is a time-honored late night monologue tradition.
Partisan critiquing of the President’s policies is a relatively new
facet of late night monologues (at least those on broadcast TV), but
one that has undeniably led to increased ratings and relevance for
hosts like Stephen Colbert, Seth Meyers, and others. However, using a
derogatory, homophobic slur like “cock holster” to denigrate the
rightfully elected leader of our nation seems like a step way, way too
far. In a misguided attempt to defend his friend and fellow Tiffany
Network employee, Colbert’s blustery bravado regressed from pointed
punnery into nasty schoolyard bullying, embarrassing himself, his
staff, his network and everyone that watches his show.

Will Colbert get suspended for crossing the line like this? We strongly
doubt it. However, that doesn’t mean that he should simply get away
with it. The right thing to do in a situation like this would be for
Colbert to apologize for getting caught up in the heat of the moment
and taking things too far. We’ll be tuning in to the Late Show this
evening to see if he recognizes the error of his ways. Disagree with
the President all you want, “Sir,” but try to do so in a manner that’s
more becoming of someone of your immense talent.
2017-05-02 22:49:48 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Stephen Colbert’s Shocking Attack On Trump Concludes With A Homophobic
Slur
When did YOU get so politically correct?

Oh... that's right - this isn't YOU.
All you can manage to do is cut and paste the thoughts of your betters.
Ubiquitous
2017-05-03 09:09:00 UTC
http://youtu.be/HaHwlSTqA7s
[...]
In other words, you are unable to offer a proper rebuttal.

Ad hominem noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.
2017-05-03 21:38:04 UTC
[...]
Cut and paste noted.
--
"Mike Pence will lead Trump's transition team. Which is weird, because
normally when people transition, Pence sends them to conversion
therapy." -Colin Jost
Hass
2017-05-03 23:24:45 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Stephen Colbert’s Shocking Attack On Trump Concludes With A Homophobic
Slur
Faux outrage noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.

MS Fever Dream noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.
Ubiquitous
2017-05-05 02:08:10 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
BUZZFEED EMPLOYEES JOKE ABOUT TRUMP ASSASSINATION...
Cassandra Fairbanks

BuzzFeed, the outlet behind the infamous and absurd “Golden Showers”
dossier, has more than a bit of disdain for President Donald Trump — as
proven through these leaked conversations from their private workplace
chat.

In screenshots exclusively provided to Big League Politics by former
BuzzFeed employee Tim “Treadstone” Gionet, better known as Baked
Alaska, the website’s Director of Social Media Maycie Thornton wishes
for Trump’s assassination as co-workers laughed and cheered her on.

“Maybe someone will assassinate him,” said Thornton.

“This was not the first time BuzzFeed employees talked openly about
wishing President Trump would get assassinated, they hated
conservatives so much they even held an office party when Justice
Scalia died. It was a toxic environment and you were declared a heretic
if you were a Trump supporter, bottom line,” Treadstone told Big
League.

Treadstone has been outspoken as his treatment as a BuzzFeed employee
after coming out publicly in support of Trump during the election
season. His allegations of being treated differently at work for being
conservative were confirmed by multiple BuzzFeed employees in a profile
by Oliver Darcy for Business Insider.

Appearing on Tucker Carlson on Wednesday evening, Ben Smith Editor-in-
Chief of BuzzFeed News, claimed that conservatives did not face
discrimination at the outlet.

Smith claimed that Treadstone’s story about unfair treatment were lies
when he was confronted about it by Carlson.

Carlson read from Darcy’s piece, “‘I’ll never forget this story,’
Gionet said, recalling to Business Insider the “aha moment” that drove
him toward Trump. ‘I was talking about the new Justin Bieber album. And
I was like, ‘Dude, that new Justin Bieber album is dope. I have to
admit, I love Justin Bieber. He is totally my spirit animal.’ And
someone came up to me and was like, ‘Hey bro, you can’t say spirit
animal, that’s culturally appropriating Native American culture and
that’s not cool.’”

Treadstone claims that after his switch to Trump, his treatment at the
outlet took a turn for the worst — and the hostility ultimately lead to
his resignation.

“I don’t think it happened, I was not there,” Smith said. “He was not
somebody who I think was persecuted for his conservative beliefs.”

Smith has previously been referred to as a “total mess” by President
Trump.

Buzzfeed initially declined to comment for this report.

Will CEO Jonah Peretti condemn his employees calling for the
assassination of President Trump?
2017-05-05 03:44:36 UTC
BuzzFeed, the outlet behind the infamous and absurd “Golden Showers”
dossier, has more than a bit of disdain for President Donald Trump — as
proven through these leaked conversations from their private workplace
chat.
One of the Tea Party congressman called for Obama's assassination as well.

http://www.gopocalypse.org/tea-party-congressman-calls-for-assassination-of-obama-while-inciting-race-war-on-twitter/

Funny I didn't hear your outrage then.
therapy." -Colin Jost
Ubiquitous
2017-05-05 03:44:36 UTC
Post by FPP
Funny I didn't hear your outrage then.
Let me know when you find an actual example of something to be outraged about.

Funny how your knee-jerk response is to deflect and selectively edit
the article, but that's SOP whenever you've lost a debate, followed
by going into hiding.
2017-05-05 03:44:36 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Democrat In Montana Wants Republicans To Commit Suicide
by Chris Reynolds

President Donald Trump tapped Congressman Ryan Zinke of Montana to be
his Secretary of the Interior and undo former President Barack Obama’s
federal land grabs. This has left Zinke’s former House seat vacant, and
subject to a special election to fill it.

The choice of Zinke’s replacement is a no-brainer, although Democrats
have been pouring millions into the race in a desperate attempt to
reclaim some scrap of leverage in Washington. They made a very poor
choice in their candidate, however, and he just made a truly revolting
statement about those who oppose his nutty ideas should kill ourselves.

Republican Greg Gianforte, a successful engineer, is running against
Democrat Rob Quist, who is a musician. Described National Republican
Congressional Committee spokesman Jack Pandol about Quist, who has
performed at nudist resorts, “The more Rob Quist’s past is laid bare,
the more his claim to represent Montana values is exposed as another
charade. When all is stripped away, this washed-up hippie is just a
naked embarrassment to the voters he’s running to represent.”

In a recent debate, Gianforte shut Quist down for how he wants to kill
jobs in favor of Obama’s extreme environmental regulations. Said Greg,
“Using EPA’s data calculated by the Cato Institute; they said if we
shut down every coal-fired plant in North America our environment would
be two-hundredths of a degree cooler a hundred years from now…for that
we are willing to give up 7,000 jobs in Montana and $1.5 billion in
annual revenue? That’s not a smart business decision.”

Instead of trying to argue rationally, Quist replied by suggesting that
people who are skeptical about global warming should kill themselves.
He stated, “To me this a cumulative thing, you cannot just say closing
one plant or not is going to make a difference. This is something that
the entire world needs to address and you know what, if any of you that
feel like this is not a problem, I challenge you to go into your car in
your garage, start your car and see what happens there.” Do you hope
Republican Gianforte defeats this lunatic?
2017-05-07 01:31:01 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Democrat In Montana Wants Republicans To Commit Suicide
by Chris Reynolds
Instead of trying to argue rationally, Quist replied by suggesting that
people who are skeptical about global warming should kill themselves.
He stated, “To me this a cumulative thing, you cannot just say closing
one plant or not is going to make a difference. This is something that
the entire world needs to address and you know what, if any of you that
feel like this is not a problem, I challenge you to go into your car in
your garage, start your car and see what happens there.” Do you hope
Republican Gianforte defeats this lunatic?
He never said he "wants you to commit suicide". He said "I challenge
you" to do something equally as stupid as ignoring Climate Change.

Even a mediocre English speaker can understand the difference.
Maybe, if you're lucky, you can find one to explain it to you.
--
Trump: If I win, you go to jail, if I lose, I will not accept the
results of the election.
Make America Great Again? -Warren Leight
Ubiquitous
2017-05-07 01:32:00 UTC
[...]
Well, there you go accusing others of doing what you practice again, like when
you claimed Sarah Palin's "targets" on a map were orders to assassinate
politicians and more recently, when you claimed Joe Walsh called for the
assassination of Obama.

Projection noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.

P.S.
It took you two days to come up with that comeback, or were you using Google
to look for postings of mine again?
NoBody
2017-05-07 13:56:11 UTC
[...]
It's a false analogy AND an invitation to commit suicide.
Post by FPP
Even a mediocre English speaker can understand the difference.
Irony anyone?
Ubiquitous
2017-05-11 01:05:03 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
'I want them to be tortured'! Kurt Eichenwald rages against 'every GOPr who
voted 4 Trumpcare'

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/05/06/i-want-them-to-be-tortured-kurt-eichenwald-rages-against-every-gopr-who-voted-4-trumpcare/
2017-05-11 11:34:16 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
'I want them to be tortured'! Kurt Eichenwald rages against 'every GOPr who
voted 4 Trumpcare'
http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/05/06/i-want-them-to-be-tortured-kurt-eichenwald-rages-against-every-gopr-who-voted-4-trumpcare/
Trump Supporter Harassing Muslim Family In Viral Video Cries In Mug Shot

http://www.rgvproud.com/news/local-news/trump-supporter-harassing-muslim-family-in-viral-video-cries-in-mug-shot/711293691

Brownsville, Texas - "Donald Trump will stop you [expletive]!" shouted
Alexander Jennes Downing, 35, to a Muslim family.

Downing is captured on video by the family with children as young as two
years old present on the beach of South Padre Island, Texas.

The alcohol fueled, racial slur tirade lasted for 20 minutes according
to a Facebook post by Noria Alward.

Alward posted the video on YouTube May 5th.

According to South Padre Island Police reports, "On May 3, 2017,
officers were dispatched to 310 Padre Blvd in reference to a
disturbance. Officers made contact with Alexander Jennes Downing (35) of
Waterford, Connecticut. While making contact with Downing officers
determined that he was intoxicated in a public place and was a danger to
himself and others."

Officers arrested Downing at the Pearl Resort and charged him with
Public Intoxication. In the viral video Downing is seen with a clear
plastic cup while shouting "Donald Trump is my president!" and " "You
can try to act like your innocence. You can try to [expletive] with me
but guess what you will never ever ever stop me. My Christianity will
rise above your Sharia law. Your Sharia law I don't mean [expletive] to me!"

Awww... poor little creampuff!
Hass

Angry fake-news website noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.
FPP
2017-05-11 22:49:59 UTC
Post by Hass
Post by Ubiquitous
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
'I want them to be tortured'! Kurt Eichenwald rages against 'every GOPr who
voted 4 Trumpcare'
http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/05/06/i-want-them-to-be-tortured-kurt-eichenwald-rages-against-every-gopr-who-voted-4-trumpcare/
Faux outrage noted. get back to us when you have a real argument to make.
Angry fake-news website noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.
Eichenwald knows that people like him will die without healthcare.

He was the victim of a Twitter attack, and was hospitalized for it. The
perp was arrested.

So, yeah, Eichenwald's rage is understandable. BTR's is manufactured.
--
One difference between Nixon and Trump: when the Republicans nominated
Nixon, they didn't actually KNOW he was a crook. -S King
Ubiquitous
2017-05-12 11:10:31 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
WEAKELY COUNTY, Tenn. -- A Weakely County woman was arrested after
reportedly following Congressman David Kustoff Office: Representative (R-TN
8th District) and then threatening him.

Police say Wendi Wright followed a car down Highway 45 Monday afternoon.

Inside the car were Congressman Kustoff and aide Marianne Dunavant.

Wright reportedly followed the car after it left a town hall on the UT
Martin campus.

A police report states Kustoff and Dunavant felt they were in danger of
being forced off the road.

When they pulled into the driveway of someone they know, Wright reportedly
ran to the car and screamed while banging on the car and reaching in.

She then reportedly blocked the car until police were called and she ran
away.

Wright later posted about the incident on her Facebook account.

She is charged with felony reckless endangerment.