Civility Project ends
2018-06-28 08:48:52 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Up next: 1970s-style bombings, warns progressive - Interrupting meals 'just
the beginning' of resistance to Republicans
by Art Moore

A writer for the popular progressive news website Splinter is warning
supporters of President Trump that if they have a problem with the heckling of
administration officials in public places, they haven’t seen anything yet.

“Do you think that being asked to leave a restaurant, or having your meal
interrupted, or being called by the public is bad? My fascism-enabling
friends, this is only the beginning,” writes Splinter senior writer Hamilton
Nolan.

Pointing to history, he writes that the U.S. “had thousands of domestic
bombings per year in the early 1970s.”

“This is what happens when citizens decide en masse that their political
system is corrupt, racist, and unresponsive,” says Nolan.

“The people out of power have only just begun to flex their dissatisfaction.
The day will come, sooner that you all think, when Trump administration
officials will look back fondly on the time when all they had to worry about
was getting hollered at at a Mexican restaurant.”

He reasons that when “you aggressively f— with people’s lives, you should not
be surprised when they decide to f— with yours.”
ANTIFA means "ANTI-First Amendment"
Ubiquitous
2018-06-28 08:40:27 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Sen. Maxine Waters (D-CA) called for attacks against members of
President Donald Trump's administration over the weekend, screaming to
a group of supporters that they should not be welcomed anywhere in
society.

Waters' rage-filled rant reportedly happened "during a toy drive
outside the Wilshire Federal Building on Saturday," according to The
American Mirror.

Waters, who falsely claimed that Trump was "sacrificing our children,"
appeared intent on inciting violence, saying, "If you think we’re
rallying now, you ain’t seen nothing yet."

"Already, you have members of your Cabinet that are being booed out of
restaurants ... who have protesters taking up at their house, who say,
‘No peace, no sleep! No peace, no sleep!'” Waters continued.

"God is on our side!" Waters declared.

Waters then called for attacks on individual members of the Trump
administration, saying, "Let’s make sure we show up wherever we have to
show up and if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a
department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a
crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome
anymore, anywhere."

WATCH:
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1010981944056664064

Waters' extremist rhetoric comes a year after a Democratic terrorist
tried to assassinate multiple Republican lawmakers during a baseball
practice in Alexandria, Virginia.
2018-06-29 00:04:30 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Sen. Maxine Waters (D-CA) called for attacks against members of
President Donald Trump's administration over the weekend, screaming to
a group of supporters that they should not be welcomed anywhere in
society
That's not true! They'd be welcome in a lot of societies.
Like North Korea.
--
Mike Godwin
"By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm
8:03 PM - Aug 13, 2017
Ubiquitous
2018-06-28 08:40:28 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Seth Rogan is patting himself on the back and seeking applause for the
heroic act of... disappointing Paul Ryan’s kids.

They had the video of Rogan’s idiotic comments on CNN, then they
proceeded to have an idiotic debate about what he did:

Ugh Ana Navarro makes the idiotic point that Rogan has the right to
disappoint Ryan’s kids. Yes, of course, you moron, no one is saying he
doesn’t have the constitutional right to deny a photo. The issue is
that he’s showing what a scummy idiot he is to disappoint Ryan’s kids
just to dunk on the guy. And everyone applauds him for it. Pathetic.

The best thing is how Navarro is reduced to angry clucking towards the
end. If you can still stand her, watch, it’s funny.
2018-06-29 00:06:09 UTC
http://youtu.be/p_to3E0jkos
Ugh Ana Navarro makes the idiotic point that Rogan has the right to
disappoint Ryan’s kids. Yes, of course, you moron, no one is saying he
doesn’t have the constitutional right to deny a photo. The issue is
that he’s showing what a scummy idiot he is to disappoint Ryan’s kids
just to dunk on the guy. And everyone applauds him for it. Pathetic.
The best thing is how Navarro is reduced to angry clucking towards the
end. If you can still stand her, watch, it’s funny.
I'm sure that Rogan would be glad to pose for pictures with Ryan's
kids... so long as those kids are in cages, right next to the other kids
their age.
8:03 PM - Aug 13, 2017
NoBody
I guess the writer misses the irony in his own remarks.
Ubiquitous
ANTIFA means "ANTI-First Amendment"
Hass
2018-06-28 12:05:35 UTC
A protester and supporter of President Donald Trump threw feces at The Red Hen restaurant in Virginia on Tuesday, shouting “Make America Great Again” as he did so, according to the Lexington Police Department.

After speaking with the Lexington PD, Law&Crime learned that the suspect is one Reginald Scott See. He has been charged with disorderly conduct and littering. The department is not issuing a statement on the arrest.

Per the local ABC News affiliate, See was arrested after allegedly throwing the excrement, which was described by witnesses on the scene as “chicken shit.” The Lexington Fire Department was then tasked with cleaning up the mess left after the suspect was taken into custody.

Small groups of protesters have been gathering at The Red Hen since news broke that White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee-Sanders was asked to leave the restaurant over the weekend.

The restaurant’s owner, Stephanie Wilkinson, requested that Sanders and her party depart before being served dinner due to the press secretary’s ongoing role defending the Trump administration’s zero tolerance border policy which has controversially led to the caging of children and separation of families.

Wilkinson did not violate any laws and said she would do it again if given the chance, but her action has galvanized Trump supporters to act out against the restaurant in various ways. Many such individuals have been leaving one-star reviews on Yelp, possibly opening themselves up to eventual defamation lawsuits.

Others have been leaving fake reservations and vandalizing unaffiliated Red Hen restaurants across the country. Online, in pro-Trump groups, it’s easy to find highly-favorited posts showing The Red Hen in flames. Still other Trump supporters have been spreading fake health inspection certificates. All obvious attempts to damage Wilkinson’s business in retribution for denying Sanders and her party a meal.

Other protesters were more peaceful and held signs that read, “Red Hen needs to learn love and tolerance,” “Trump = Love,” “Homos are full of demons,” and an acrostic which turned the abbreviation LGBT into “Let God Burn Them,” while citing a biblical passage widely interpreted to be against homosexuality.
Ubiquitous
2018-07-03 09:05:04 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Anti-Trump comedian Michelle Wolf unleashed a vulgar attack on first
daughter Ivanka Trump, comparing her to "vaginal mesh" and "herpes"
during the latest episode of her Netflix show “The Break.”

Wolf started off by mocking the recent Republican National Committee
ad that refers to a variety of Hollywood liberals as “unhinged.”

“Now is not the time to be hinged,” she said before declaring that
she disagrees with calls for “civility.”

“These politicians, these people that we’re expected to be civil to,
our public servants that we elected to do a job… they work for us,”
Wolf said. “You can’t just casually harass these people. You have to
insult them specifically.”

Last month, fellow liberal comedian Samantha Bee came under fire for
calling Ivanka a “feckless c—t” on her TBS show “Full Frontal.” Wolf
said that type of insult isn’t good enough because it “doesn’t hurt”
before suggesting “life-alteringly hurtful” terms to use.

“If you see Ivanka on the street, first call her Tiffany. This will
devastate her. Then talk to her in terms she’ll understand. Say,
‘Ivanka, you’re like vaginal mesh. You were supposed to support
women but now you have blood all over you and you’re the center of a
thousand lawsuits,’” Wolf said.

Wolf then went after Mitch McConnell and Scott Pruitt before
throwing another jab at the first daughter.

“Ivanka, you’re like that birth control pill Yaz. At first, it
seemed like you’d be really cool and helpful but you need to be
immediately recalled,” Wolf said.

Wolf came back to Ivanka later in the uncouth segment after taking a
few shots at Justice Clarence Thomas and Education Secretary Betsy
DeVos.

“Is your nickname 'herpes'? Because you’re not necessarily the most
dangerous person in the administration but you’re very unpleasant,
totally incurable and you always show up when we’re about to get
f----d,” Wolf said.

Wolf later called Ivanka the “prettiest tumor in a swiftly moving
cancer.”

Conservative pundit Carmine Sabia questioned Wolf’s defenders who
claim she mocks people on both sides of the political spectrum.

“Her entire shtick is her contempt for the president,
his family and conservatives."
- Conservative pundit Carmine Sabia

“Her entire shtick is her contempt for the president, his family and
conservatives. They say she offends everyone but I have yet to see
her take a swipe at a liberal in the same vitriolic way,” Sabia told
Fox News. “Her jokes, if you can call them that, are beyond crude,
they are offensive to anyone with a sense of decency.”

NewsBusters managing editor Curtis Houck called Wolf “the very
definition of a bully.”

“Her jokes are so juvenile and, thankfully, Ivanka's a strong woman
because Wolf's jokes are the crude, unfunny material,” Houck told
Fox News.

Wolf has a history of attacking surrogates and family members of
President Trump. She once called Eric Trump "an abortion" and
famously took several personal jabs at Press Secretary Sarah Sanders
during the White House Correspondents’ Dinner.

“The left wants to lecture the president and supporters about how
words matter and still try to connect him to The Capital Gazette
shooting, but they proudly stand and support rhetoric from people
like Wolf. If liberals didn't have double standards, they would have
no standards,” Houck said.

Last month, Wolf poked fun at first lady Melania Trump by commenting
on rumors that her 25-day stint away from the public eye was an
effort to hide plastic surgery or even domestic violence during an
episode of her Netflix show.

“After not being seen for 25 days, Melania has reappeared following
her kidney surgery. Some people are saying this is Melania’s cover
for plastic surgery, but I don’t buy that,” Wolf told her audience.
“Her husband obviously loves her for who she is.”

The comedian continued by lamenting a reality where she would have
to respect Melania as a “feminist icon.”

“Whatever really happened with Melania, I genuinely hope it doesn’t
come out that Donald hurts her. One because that’s bad, and two then
we couldn’t make fun of her anymore. We’d have to make her into this
brave feminist icon and I don’t wanna do that!” she said before
insulting her role. “I like making fun of Melania because she’s a
bad first lady. She’s one of the worst we’ve ever had. I haven’t
seen someone phone in this whole first lady thing since Betty Ford
was still drinking.”
2018-07-06 09:05:04 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
SAN ANTONIO - Police are investigating after a teen says he was verbally
attacked and assaulted at a Whataburger for wearing a Make America Great
Again hat.

In the video, you can see a man throw a drink in 16-year-old Hunter
Richard's face before leaving the restaurant with his hat. Hunter said
some of his hair was pulled during the assault.

"I support my President and if you don’t let’s have a conversation about
it instead of ripping my hat off. I just think a conversation about
politics is more productive for the entire whole rather than taking my
hat and yelling subjective words to me," he said.

Hunter was with his friends at the Whataburger off Nacogdoches and
Thousand Oaks Tuesday night when it happened. They say the attack was
unprovoked.

"I didn’t think it was going to generate the amount like what people are
doing, I was looking at the comments by some people and “they are like
this is uncalled for” and other people are like mixed opinions but I
didn’t think it would blow up to what it is now," he said.

A police report has been filed.

Trump paraphernalia has been at the center of controversy recently. In
2017, a school apologized after a teacher banned students from wearing
'Make America Great Again’ shirts. This past May, Cheesecake Factory
employees in Utah allegedly harassed a black man for wearing a MAGA hat
according to witnesses.

Whataburger released the following statement:

“We were shocked to see this video and certainly don’t condone
this type of customer behavior in our restaurants. To be clear,
no Whataburger employees were involved or witnessed the incident,
and we ask that questions be directed to San Antonio PD as we
continue supporting their efforts.” – Whataburger Corporate
Communications
--
"We're gonna punish our enemies and we're gonna reward our friends"
-- Barack "Dear Ruler" Obama
FPP
2018-07-06 13:33:30 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
SAN ANTONIO - Police are investigating after a teen says he was verbally
attacked and assaulted at a Whataburger for wearing a Make America Great
Again hat.
In the video, you can see a man throw a drink in 16-year-old Hunter
Richard's face before leaving the restaurant with his hat. Hunter said
some of his hair was pulled during the assault.
So they pulled his hair and took his hat? What, no wedgie?
Good thing they didn't take Trump's advice and "punch him right in the
face."
8:03 PM - Aug 13, 2017
Ubiquitous
2018-07-06 23:41:41 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
SAN ANTONIO - Police are investigating after a teen says he was verbally
attacked and assaulted at a Whataburger for wearing a Make America Great
Again hat.
In the video, you can see a man throw a drink in 16-year-old Hunter
Richard's face before leaving the restaurant with his hat. Hunter said
some of his hair was pulled during the assault.
So they pulled his hair and took his hat? What, no wedgie?
Good thing they didn't take Trump's advice and "punch him right in the
face."
In other words, you're OK with it because it happened to someone you don't like.

Selective outrage noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.
--
"By all means cite GL if you think some Nazi comparison is baseless,
needlessly inflammatory or hyperbolic."
- Mike Godwin
Ubiquitous
2018-07-09 09:13:53 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Many years ago, Democrats were known for their staunch support of
peaceful protests and our First Amendment rights guaranteeing free
speech. Today, party activists have become intolerant, hateful and, in
too many cases, violent.

It seems that almost every week a Trump administration official or
supporter is being badgered by leftist protesters. It happened to
Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen at a restaurant and at her
home. Both Senior White House Policy Advisor Stephen Miller and former
EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt were recently harassed at restaurants.
Of course, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders and her
family were not allowed to eat dinner at the Red Hen Restaurant in
Lexington, Virginia because of her support for the President’s
policies.

Even movie theaters are not save havens for Trump supporters. Florida
Attorney General Pam Bondi, a staunch Republican and supporter of the
President, was hounded by a menacing group as she was trying to attend
a movie celebrating the life of the iconic television personality Mr.
Rogers, an opponent of unfair treatment and bullying. Presumably, the
leftist mob learned nothing about manners from the life of Mr. Rogers.

All of this mistreatment has been encouraged by some far-left activists
and Democrat Party leaders like Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D-CA). At
a June 23 rally in Los Angeles, Waters urged her supporters to continue
the abuse. She said, “Let's make sure we show up wherever we have to
show up. And if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a
department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a
crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they're not welcome
anymore, anywhere.”

These incendiary comments are being taken literally by progressive
agitators throughout the nation. This week, at a Whataburger restaurant
in San Antonio, TX, Kino Jimenez, 30, attacked Hunter Richard, a 16-
year-old Donald Trump supporter who was wearing an iconic “Make America
Great Again” hat. Jimenez threw a drink in the teenager’s face, ripped
off his hat and pulled out some of Richard’s hair in the process.
Jimenez left the restaurant with Richard’s hat, showing no remorse for
his violent behavior. In fact, he boasted that the hat was “going right
in my f*** fireplace b***.” Fortunately, this was captured on video and
police later arrested him for felony theft

This type of insanity is happening throughout the country. According to
liberal professor Alan Dershowitz, a woman at a party in Martha’s
Vineyard threatened to “stab him through the heart.” The threat was
issued because Dershowitz does not support the impeachment of Donald
Trump. As Dershowitz correctly noted, “The Democrat Party has been
taken over by radicals who have no interest in due process…. they don’t
want any dissent, they don’t want any argument.”

What Democrats demand is total unity in their campaign to stop Donald
Trump. To accomplish this goal, they encourage harassing Trump
officials, supporters and average citizens. In too many instances, this
campaign of persecution is morphing into actual violence.

It happened in Boynton Beach, Florida on Independence Day. Trump
supporter Jeff Good was enjoying a fireworks presentation from his
driveway. He also proudly displayed a Donald Trump flag on his lawn;
however, this was unacceptable to a couple driving by in a vehicle.
They demanded Good remove his flag, but he refused. As a result, Good
was punched by the driver and dragged thirty feet in his car when his
arm became caught in the door. Fortunately, he was able to escape with
minor bruises, scrapes and cuts. At the current time, the local police
are still investigating, and no arrests have been made.

Ever since Donald Trump was elected, this leftist violence has been
escalating. Last summer, a deranged Bernie Sanders supporter tried to
kill Republican congressmen at a baseball practice. Majority Whip Steve
Scalise was seriously injured in the attack. U.S. Senator Rand Paul
(R-KY) was attacked by his liberal Democrat neighbor while he was
mowing the yard and last week his family was threatened by a Berkeley
man who vowed to “kill” Paul and “chop up” his family “with an axe.”

At this point, it would be helpful if Democratic Party leaders issued a
strong and unified statement condemning not only the violence, but also
the hateful rhetoric and harassment. Until then, we should expect more
of this dangerous behavior from the unhinged mob on the left. Let’s
hope and pray no one is injured or killed for committing the “offense”
of supporting Donald Trump.
2018-07-09 18:15:10 UTC
Let’s
hope and pray no one is injured or killed for committing the “offense”
of supporting Donald Trump.
Have we already forgotten about one of Donald Trump's "very fine people"
who ran down a young woman in Charlottesville?
8:03 PM - Aug 13, 2017
Ubiquitous
2018-07-10 01:15:10 UTC
[...]
We can only assume that your "but-but-but they do it toooo...!" response
means you have nothing to contribute to this thread.

Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.
NoBody
2018-07-10 10:01:44 UTC
[...]
And there will be zero condemnation of this from the likes of Trotsky,
Josh, FPP, Wy, or any the others who constantly attack conservatives.
Ubiquitous
2018-07-10 14:26:28 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
One of the few things about which they are consistant.
2018-07-10 22:06:46 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Charlottesville. "Very fine people on both sides."
Yes... with swastikas.
8:03 PM - Aug 13, 2017
Ubiquitous
2018-07-10 22:58:37 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Thanks for making Nobody's point!

(Didn't you claim you were no longer going to reply to followup's to him?)
NoBody
2018-07-11 12:31:49 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]