Civility Project ends
2018-06-28 08:48:52 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Up next: 1970s-style bombings, warns progressive - Interrupting meals 'just
the beginning' of resistance to Republicans
by Art Moore

A writer for the popular progressive news website Splinter is warning
supporters of President Trump that if they have a problem with the heckling of
administration officials in public places, they haven’t seen anything yet.

“Do you think that being asked to leave a restaurant, or having your meal
interrupted, or being called by the public is bad? My fascism-enabling
friends, this is only the beginning,” writes Splinter senior writer Hamilton
Nolan.

Pointing to history, he writes that the U.S. “had thousands of domestic
bombings per year in the early 1970s.”

“This is what happens when citizens decide en masse that their political
system is corrupt, racist, and unresponsive,” says Nolan.

“The people out of power have only just begun to flex their dissatisfaction.
The day will come, sooner that you all think, when Trump administration
officials will look back fondly on the time when all they had to worry about
was getting hollered at at a Mexican restaurant.”

He reasons that when “you aggressively f— with people’s lives, you should not
be surprised when they decide to f— with yours.”
ANTIFA means "ANTI-First Amendment"
Ubiquitous
2018-06-28 08:40:27 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Sen. Maxine Waters (D-CA) called for attacks against members of
President Donald Trump's administration over the weekend, screaming to
a group of supporters that they should not be welcomed anywhere in
society.

Waters' rage-filled rant reportedly happened "during a toy drive
outside the Wilshire Federal Building on Saturday," according to The
American Mirror.

Waters, who falsely claimed that Trump was "sacrificing our children,"
appeared intent on inciting violence, saying, "If you think we’re
rallying now, you ain’t seen nothing yet."

"Already, you have members of your Cabinet that are being booed out of
restaurants ... who have protesters taking up at their house, who say,
‘No peace, no sleep! No peace, no sleep!'” Waters continued.

"God is on our side!" Waters declared.

Waters then called for attacks on individual members of the Trump
administration, saying, "Let’s make sure we show up wherever we have to
show up and if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a
department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a
crowd and you push back on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome
anymore, anywhere."

WATCH:
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1010981944056664064

Waters' extremist rhetoric comes a year after a Democratic terrorist
tried to assassinate multiple Republican lawmakers during a baseball
practice in Alexandria, Virginia.
2018-06-29 00:04:30 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Sen. Maxine Waters (D-CA) called for attacks against members of
President Donald Trump's administration over the weekend, screaming to
a group of supporters that they should not be welcomed anywhere in
society
That's not true! They'd be welcome in a lot of societies.
Like North Korea.
--
Mike Godwin
"By all means, compare these shitheads to Nazis. Again and again. I'm
8:03 PM - Aug 13, 2017
Ubiquitous
2018-06-28 08:40:28 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Seth Rogan is patting himself on the back and seeking applause for the
heroic act of... disappointing Paul Ryan’s kids.

They had the video of Rogan’s idiotic comments on CNN, then they
proceeded to have an idiotic debate about what he did:

https://youtu.be/p_to3E0jkos

Ugh Ana Navarro makes the idiotic point that Rogan has the right to
disappoint Ryan’s kids. Yes, of course, you moron, no one is saying he
doesn’t have the constitutional right to deny a photo. The issue is
that he’s showing what a scummy idiot he is to disappoint Ryan’s kids
just to dunk on the guy. And everyone applauds him for it. Pathetic.

The best thing is how Navarro is reduced to angry clucking towards the
end. If you can still stand her, watch, it’s funny.
2018-06-29 00:06:09 UTC
[...]
I'm sure that Rogan would be glad to pose for pictures with Ryan's
kids... so long as those kids are in cages, right next to the other kids
their age.
8:03 PM - Aug 13, 2017
NoBody
I guess the writer misses the irony in his own remarks.
Ubiquitous
ANTIFA means "ANTI-First Amendment"
Hass
2018-06-28 12:05:35 UTC
A protester and supporter of President Donald Trump threw feces at The Red Hen restaurant in Virginia on Tuesday, shouting “Make America Great Again” as he did so, according to the Lexington Police Department.

After speaking with the Lexington PD, Law&Crime learned that the suspect is one Reginald Scott See. He has been charged with disorderly conduct and littering. The department is not issuing a statement on the arrest.

Per the local ABC News affiliate, See was arrested after allegedly throwing the excrement, which was described by witnesses on the scene as “chicken shit.” The Lexington Fire Department was then tasked with cleaning up the mess left after the suspect was taken into custody.

Small groups of protesters have been gathering at The Red Hen since news broke that White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee-Sanders was asked to leave the restaurant over the weekend.

The restaurant’s owner, Stephanie Wilkinson, requested that Sanders and her party depart before being served dinner due to the press secretary’s ongoing role defending the Trump administration’s zero tolerance border policy which has controversially led to the caging of children and separation of families.

Wilkinson did not violate any laws and said she would do it again if given the chance, but her action has galvanized Trump supporters to act out against the restaurant in various ways. Many such individuals have been leaving one-star reviews on Yelp, possibly opening themselves up to eventual defamation lawsuits.

Others have been leaving fake reservations and vandalizing unaffiliated Red Hen restaurants across the country. Online, in pro-Trump groups, it’s easy to find highly-favorited posts showing The Red Hen in flames. Still other Trump supporters have been spreading fake health inspection certificates. All obvious attempts to damage Wilkinson’s business in retribution for denying Sanders and her party a meal.

Other protesters were more peaceful and held signs that read, “Red Hen needs to learn love and tolerance,” “Trump = Love,” “Homos are full of demons,” and an acrostic which turned the abbreviation LGBT into “Let God Burn Them,” while citing a biblical passage widely interpreted to be against homosexuality.
Ubiquitous
2018-07-03 09:05:04 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Anti-Trump comedian Michelle Wolf unleashed a vulgar attack on first
daughter Ivanka Trump, comparing her to "vaginal mesh" and "herpes"
during the latest episode of her Netflix show “The Break.”

Wolf started off by mocking the recent Republican National Committee
ad that refers to a variety of Hollywood liberals as “unhinged.”

“Now is not the time to be hinged,” she said before declaring that
she disagrees with calls for “civility.”

“These politicians, these people that we’re expected to be civil to,
our public servants that we elected to do a job… they work for us,”
Wolf said. “You can’t just casually harass these people. You have to
insult them specifically.”

Last month, fellow liberal comedian Samantha Bee came under fire for
calling Ivanka a “feckless c—t” on her TBS show “Full Frontal.” Wolf
said that type of insult isn’t good enough because it “doesn’t hurt”
before suggesting “life-alteringly hurtful” terms to use.

“If you see Ivanka on the street, first call her Tiffany. This will
devastate her. Then talk to her in terms she’ll understand. Say,
‘Ivanka, you’re like vaginal mesh. You were supposed to support
women but now you have blood all over you and you’re the center of a
thousand lawsuits,’” Wolf said.

Wolf then went after Mitch McConnell and Scott Pruitt before
throwing another jab at the first daughter.

“Ivanka, you’re like that birth control pill Yaz. At first, it
seemed like you’d be really cool and helpful but you need to be
immediately recalled,” Wolf said.

Wolf came back to Ivanka later in the uncouth segment after taking a
few shots at Justice Clarence Thomas and Education Secretary Betsy
DeVos.

“Is your nickname 'herpes'? Because you’re not necessarily the most
dangerous person in the administration but you’re very unpleasant,
totally incurable and you always show up when we’re about to get
f----d,” Wolf said.

Wolf later called Ivanka the “prettiest tumor in a swiftly moving
cancer.”

Conservative pundit Carmine Sabia questioned Wolf’s defenders who
claim she mocks people on both sides of the political spectrum.

“Her entire shtick is her contempt for the president,
his family and conservatives."
- Conservative pundit Carmine Sabia

“Her entire shtick is her contempt for the president, his family and
conservatives. They say she offends everyone but I have yet to see
her take a swipe at a liberal in the same vitriolic way,” Sabia told
Fox News. “Her jokes, if you can call them that, are beyond crude,
they are offensive to anyone with a sense of decency.”

NewsBusters managing editor Curtis Houck called Wolf “the very
definition of a bully.”

“Her jokes are so juvenile and, thankfully, Ivanka's a strong woman
because Wolf's jokes are the crude, unfunny material,” Houck told
Fox News.

Wolf has a history of attacking surrogates and family members of
President Trump. She once called Eric Trump "an abortion" and
famously took several personal jabs at Press Secretary Sarah Sanders
during the White House Correspondents’ Dinner.

“The left wants to lecture the president and supporters about how
words matter and still try to connect him to The Capital Gazette
shooting, but they proudly stand and support rhetoric from people
like Wolf. If liberals didn't have double standards, they would have
no standards,” Houck said.

Last month, Wolf poked fun at first lady Melania Trump by commenting
on rumors that her 25-day stint away from the public eye was an
effort to hide plastic surgery or even domestic violence during an
episode of her Netflix show.

“After not being seen for 25 days, Melania has reappeared following
her kidney surgery. Some people are saying this is Melania’s cover
for plastic surgery, but I don’t buy that,” Wolf told her audience.
“Her husband obviously loves her for who she is.”

The comedian continued by lamenting a reality where she would have
to respect Melania as a “feminist icon.”

“Whatever really happened with Melania, I genuinely hope it doesn’t
come out that Donald hurts her. One because that’s bad, and two then
we couldn’t make fun of her anymore. We’d have to make her into this
brave feminist icon and I don’t wanna do that!” she said before
insulting her role. “I like making fun of Melania because she’s a
bad first lady. She’s one of the worst we’ve ever had. I haven’t
seen someone phone in this whole first lady thing since Betty Ford
was still drinking.”
2018-07-06 09:05:04 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
SAN ANTONIO - Police are investigating after a teen says he was verbally
attacked and assaulted at a Whataburger for wearing a Make America Great
Again hat.

In the video, you can see a man throw a drink in 16-year-old Hunter
Richard's face before leaving the restaurant with his hat. Hunter said
some of his hair was pulled during the assault.

"I support my President and if you don’t let’s have a conversation about
it instead of ripping my hat off. I just think a conversation about
politics is more productive for the entire whole rather than taking my
hat and yelling subjective words to me," he said.

Hunter was with his friends at the Whataburger off Nacogdoches and
Thousand Oaks Tuesday night when it happened. They say the attack was
unprovoked.

"I didn’t think it was going to generate the amount like what people are
doing, I was looking at the comments by some people and “they are like
this is uncalled for” and other people are like mixed opinions but I
didn’t think it would blow up to what it is now," he said.

A police report has been filed.

Trump paraphernalia has been at the center of controversy recently. In
2017, a school apologized after a teacher banned students from wearing
'Make America Great Again’ shirts. This past May, Cheesecake Factory
employees in Utah allegedly harassed a black man for wearing a MAGA hat
according to witnesses.

Whataburger released the following statement:

“We were shocked to see this video and certainly don’t condone
this type of customer behavior in our restaurants. To be clear,
no Whataburger employees were involved or witnessed the incident,
and we ask that questions be directed to San Antonio PD as we
continue supporting their efforts.” – Whataburger Corporate
Communications
--
"We're gonna punish our enemies and we're gonna reward our friends"
-- Barack "Dear Ruler" Obama
FPP
2018-07-06 13:33:30 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
SAN ANTONIO - Police are investigating after a teen says he was verbally
attacked and assaulted at a Whataburger for wearing a Make America Great
Again hat.
In the video, you can see a man throw a drink in 16-year-old Hunter
Richard's face before leaving the restaurant with his hat. Hunter said
some of his hair was pulled during the assault.
So they pulled his hair and took his hat? What, no wedgie?
Good thing they didn't take Trump's advice and "punch him right in the
face."
8:03 PM - Aug 13, 2017
Ubiquitous
2018-07-06 23:41:41 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
SAN ANTONIO - Police are investigating after a teen says he was verbally
attacked and assaulted at a Whataburger for wearing a Make America Great
Again hat.
In the video, you can see a man throw a drink in 16-year-old Hunter
Richard's face before leaving the restaurant with his hat. Hunter said
some of his hair was pulled during the assault.
So they pulled his hair and took his hat? What, no wedgie?
Good thing they didn't take Trump's advice and "punch him right in the
face."
In other words, you're OK with it because it happened to someone you don't like.

Selective outrage noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.
--
"By all means cite GL if you think some Nazi comparison is baseless,
needlessly inflammatory or hyperbolic."
- Mike Godwin
Ubiquitous
2018-07-09 09:13:53 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Many years ago, Democrats were known for their staunch support of
peaceful protests and our First Amendment rights guaranteeing free
speech. Today, party activists have become intolerant, hateful and, in
too many cases, violent.

It seems that almost every week a Trump administration official or
supporter is being badgered by leftist protesters. It happened to
Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen at a restaurant and at her
home. Both Senior White House Policy Advisor Stephen Miller and former
EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt were recently harassed at restaurants.
Of course, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders and her
family were not allowed to eat dinner at the Red Hen Restaurant in
Lexington, Virginia because of her support for the President’s
policies.

Even movie theaters are not save havens for Trump supporters. Florida
Attorney General Pam Bondi, a staunch Republican and supporter of the
President, was hounded by a menacing group as she was trying to attend
a movie celebrating the life of the iconic television personality Mr.
Rogers, an opponent of unfair treatment and bullying. Presumably, the
leftist mob learned nothing about manners from the life of Mr. Rogers.

All of this mistreatment has been encouraged by some far-left activists
and Democrat Party leaders like Congresswoman Maxine Waters (D-CA). At
a June 23 rally in Los Angeles, Waters urged her supporters to continue
the abuse. She said, “Let's make sure we show up wherever we have to
show up. And if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a
department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a
crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they're not welcome
anymore, anywhere.”

These incendiary comments are being taken literally by progressive
agitators throughout the nation. This week, at a Whataburger restaurant
in San Antonio, TX, Kino Jimenez, 30, attacked Hunter Richard, a 16-
year-old Donald Trump supporter who was wearing an iconic “Make America
Great Again” hat. Jimenez threw a drink in the teenager’s face, ripped
off his hat and pulled out some of Richard’s hair in the process.
Jimenez left the restaurant with Richard’s hat, showing no remorse for
his violent behavior. In fact, he boasted that the hat was “going right
in my f*** fireplace b***.” Fortunately, this was captured on video and
police later arrested him for felony theft

This type of insanity is happening throughout the country. According to
liberal professor Alan Dershowitz, a woman at a party in Martha’s
Vineyard threatened to “stab him through the heart.” The threat was
issued because Dershowitz does not support the impeachment of Donald
Trump. As Dershowitz correctly noted, “The Democrat Party has been
taken over by radicals who have no interest in due process…. they don’t
want any dissent, they don’t want any argument.”

What Democrats demand is total unity in their campaign to stop Donald
Trump. To accomplish this goal, they encourage harassing Trump
officials, supporters and average citizens. In too many instances, this
campaign of persecution is morphing into actual violence.

It happened in Boynton Beach, Florida on Independence Day. Trump
supporter Jeff Good was enjoying a fireworks presentation from his
driveway. He also proudly displayed a Donald Trump flag on his lawn;
however, this was unacceptable to a couple driving by in a vehicle.
They demanded Good remove his flag, but he refused. As a result, Good
was punched by the driver and dragged thirty feet in his car when his
arm became caught in the door. Fortunately, he was able to escape with
minor bruises, scrapes and cuts. At the current time, the local police
are still investigating, and no arrests have been made.

Ever since Donald Trump was elected, this leftist violence has been
escalating. Last summer, a deranged Bernie Sanders supporter tried to
kill Republican congressmen at a baseball practice. Majority Whip Steve
Scalise was seriously injured in the attack. U.S. Senator Rand Paul
(R-KY) was attacked by his liberal Democrat neighbor while he was
mowing the yard and last week his family was threatened by a Berkeley
man who vowed to “kill” Paul and “chop up” his family “with an axe.”

At this point, it would be helpful if Democratic Party leaders issued a
strong and unified statement condemning not only the violence, but also
the hateful rhetoric and harassment. Until then, we should expect more
of this dangerous behavior from the unhinged mob on the left. Let’s
hope and pray no one is injured or killed for committing the “offense”
of supporting Donald Trump.
2018-07-09 18:15:10 UTC
Let’s
hope and pray no one is injured or killed for committing the “offense”
of supporting Donald Trump.
Have we already forgotten about one of Donald Trump's "very fine people"
who ran down a young woman in Charlottesville?
8:03 PM - Aug 13, 2017
Ubiquitous
2018-07-10 01:15:10 UTC
[...]
We can only assume that your "but-but-but they do it toooo...!" response
means you have nothing to contribute to this thread.

Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.
NoBody
2018-07-10 10:01:44 UTC
[...]
And there will be zero condemnation of this from the likes of Trotsky,
Josh, FPP, Wy, or any the others who constantly attack conservatives.
Ubiquitous
2018-07-10 14:26:28 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
One of the few things about which they are consistant.
2018-07-10 22:06:46 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Charlottesville. "Very fine people on both sides."
Yes... with swastikas.
8:03 PM - Aug 13, 2017
Ubiquitous
2018-07-10 22:58:37 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Thanks for making Nobody's point!

(Didn't you claim you were no longer going to reply to followup's to him?)
NoBody
Oh look, FPP just proved my point!
Ubiquitous
2018-07-11 13:46:51 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by NoBody
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
FPP does that a lot, doesn't he?
--
Mike Godwin
4:05 AM - June 24, 2018
Ubiquitous
2018-07-25 08:35:30 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
A pro-Trump coffee shop in L.A.'s Boyle Heights took a barrage of feces
being hurled at it by protesters who say the owner's views do not
represent the rapidly gentrifying neighborhood.

According to CBS local, the protestors went as far to shut down the
grand opening of the Asher Caffe & Lounge over the owner's support of
Trump's immigration policies. Though traditionally Jewish, the
neighborhood of Boyle Heights has since become predominantly Latino.

Supporters of the kosher cafe could not understand what immigration had
to do with the business serving coffee.

"So what’s the connection? This is what I don’t understand. I’m
confused — the connection between Donald Trump and good coffee,"
Israeli-born businessman Asher Shalom told CBS2 News.

Eater LA reports that 30 people attended the protest in connection with
the group Defend Boyle Heights (DBH), which referred to the shop owner
as "an anti-immigrant trump loving gentryfier" in a Facebook post.

"This Gentry business is trying to creep in without folks noticing that
their owner is an anti-immigrant Trump loving gentryfier," the post
reads. "If he hates immigrants so much, he can stay the f**k out of our
hood!"

"In #BoyleHeights we love and defend immigrants! Show up bring signs
and show these fuckers how we stand up for our immigrant families and
neighbors!"

The tip-off to the owner's pro-Trump stance came when one of his other
companies, Asher Fabrics Concept, retweeted one of Trump’s messages
about his proposed travel ban from hostile counties — what leftists
wrongfully refer to as a "Muslim ban."

https://www.facebook.com/defendboyleheights/photos/a.985021268281534.10
73741829.930020650448263/1708728645910789/?type=3

The owner's son, David Shalom, said the protesters even "accosted"
customers.

"They really intensely protested and accosted all the visitors that
came to our grand opening event," said David.

Shalom's daughter, Yael, said the mob began throwing feces on the
windows.

"It was very scary," said Yael. "There was a lot of people protesting
outside wearing masks [...] and they threw a significant amount of
feces at our windows."

An exclusive photograph obtained by The Daily Wire from the Asher Caffe
& Lounge confirmed the feces-throwing did take place:

CBS local reports that the DBH group used "similarly aggressive tactics
against another coffee shop in the area last year and against an art
gallery nearby that eventually shuttered."

Shalom said he came here 30 years ago and earned his citizenship
legally. He has since received two proclamations from L.A. City
Councilman Jose Huizar and County Supervisor Hilda Solis honoring his
contributions to the city. His business employs dozens of people,
including immigrants.
2018-08-02 01:05:13 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
BARNSTABLE — A Taunton woman accused of intentionally driving into a
man’s car a month ago after becoming enraged by a Trump bumper sticker
pleaded not guilty Monday in Barnstable District Court to a charge of
assault with a dangerous weapon.

Chloe Wright, 25, also faces charges of vandalizing property and leaving
the scene of property damage. She was released on $1,250 bail and was
ordered to stay away from the victim.

On June 30, a man called Barnstable police to report a hit-and-run
crash. He told responding officers he had been driving south on Bearses
Way in Hyannis, and was stopped for a red light at the intersection of
Route 28 when the driver of the car behind him began honking the horn,
according to a police report.

The man continued driving onto Bassett Lane and the car followed, with
the driver still honking, the man told police, according to the report.
When he stopped again for a red light at the intersection with North
Street, the driver also began yelling, the man said.

Thinking that something might be wrong with the back of his car, the man
stepped out into the road. The driver began yelling at him about a
Donald Trump bumper sticker on the back of his car, he told police.

“She said, ‘You voted for Trump?’” the man wrote in a statement. “I said
yes. She called me a racist and several other names.”

As the man began recording the incident on his phone, the woman drove
around his car, prompting him to step back into the driver’s side door
opening, he told police, according to the report. The woman then drove
at him and hit the open door, he said, according to the report.

“She bent my door and I had to lean back to avoid getting hit,” the man
wrote. “She also hit the side of my car.”

The woman drove away down North Street, the man told police.

The man’s recording of the incident shows the woman’s car, a gray Honda
Civic, drive around his car and hit the open driver’s-side door,
according to the report. A statement by the man’s girlfriend, who was in
the car with him during the incident, confirmed the man’s account, the
report says.

The video showed the license plate number of the Civic, which police
traced to Wright, the report says. The victim identified a license photo
of Wright as the woman who had hit his car, according to the report.

State police stopped and arrested Wright as she was driving in Bourne
Monday, after a random check of her license plate revealed an open
warrant on the charges.

She’s due back in court Aug. 28 for a pretrial hearing.
2018-08-02 23:48:14 UTC
[...]
I seriously hope the judge will find the case has been more than well
made for 'throwing the book' at the defendent.

Sounds to me like she directly endangered the lives of at least two
people. The verbal abuse is nothing but deliberately driving one's
care at another person deserves a seriously harsh penalty.

Your posting describes a situation where death could EASILY have taken
place.

I have no time for those who would in any way excuse such behaviour
even if the bumper sticker had been a swastika or hammer and sickle.
Ubiquitous
2018-08-07 08:53:06 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Far left communists of “antifa” clashed with the Trump-supporting Patriot
Prayer in Portland, Oregon Saturday. Though the groups have clashed
several times over the last year and a half, the August 4th edition is
shaping up to be like none other, as both groups are upping the ante.

Portland police were bracing for a bloody rally and tried to prevent
people from bringing guns to the event.

The rally turned bloody Saturday afternoon after a black clad Antifa thug
clubbed a conservative activist with what appears to be a flag.

The conservative activist immediately dropped to the floor–blood was seen
gushing from his head.

“Man down. He’s dripping blood from his head. This is serious. He got in
a struggle with some black clad dudes over a flag and one of them clubbed
him. Video coming,” reported Mike Bivins.

“Video shows a struggle for a flag and then a black-clad person hit this
dude in the head before he drops. I was watching the blood pour out of
his head and into the street,” reported Mike Bivins.

Another conservative activist bloodied after being clubbed in the head by
Antifa thug; Portland police tending to him:

Masked Antifa thugs chanting, ‘All cops are bastards!’

“POLICE JUST OREDERED ANTIFA (group on the west side of Naito) TO LEAVE
THE AREA. Cop on loudspeaker cites armed counterprotesters as the
reason,” Mike Bivins.

The last time the two groups squared off was five weeks ago, on June
30th. That protest/rally/march was eventually declared a riot by Portland
Police, as the antifa thugs started fighting with Patriot Prayer. Patriot
Prayer, led by Joey Gibson, secured a permit from the city on that day to
hold their rally and march. Despite that, police used loudspeakers to
order everyone to disperse.
ANTIFA means "ANTI-First Amendment"
Ubiquitous
2018-08-14 08:53:06 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
A granite block commemorating then-candidate Donald Trump's victory in
the 2016 New Hampshire Republican presidential primary was vandalized
early Friday, according to authorities.

Police said the block – which was part of a display showcasing every
winner of the state's presidential primary along the sidewalk outside
the State Library in Concord – was damaged between 4:30 and 6:30 a.m.

The block was smashed and scattered on the grass and street, police
said.

An investigation has been opened, and police are currently searching
for suspects.

WMUR reported that two other markers, one for George H.W. Bush and one
for Richard Nixon, had been stolen in the past, but this is the first
time one has been destroyed.

This comes just weeks after a man used a pickax to destroy Trump’s star
on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

On Monday, the West Hollywood City Council passed a resolution to
remove Trump’s star from Walk of Fame, citing his "abuse of women,
minorities, immigrants, the disabled."

The resolution is largely symbolic, as it is simply a request that the
Los Angeles City Council and Hollywood Chamber of Commerce remove the
marker, which has never been done before.
2018-10-10 03:16:10 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Fuck civility.

WASHINGTON – Hillary Clinton says the time for civility is over.

"You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what
you stand for, what you care about," Clinton told CNN's Christiane
Amanpour. "That's why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back
the House and or the Senate, that's when civility can start again."

Just fuck it.
Ubiquitous
2018-10-10 09:41:30 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Fuck civility.
Wow, it took you two months to compose that weak retort?
Post by FPP
WASHINGTON – Hillary Clinton says the time for civility is over.
"You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what
you stand for, what you care about," Clinton told CNN's Christiane
Amanpour. "That's why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back
the House and or the Senate, that's when civility can start again."
Why isn't Crooked Hillary in the jail infirmary?
--
Kavanaugh is a gang rapist.
OK, not a gang rapist, but a serial rapist.
OK, he just threw ice at someone once in the 1980's.
FPP
2018-10-10 11:01:14 UTC
Post by FPP
WASHINGTON – Hillary Clinton says the time for civility is over.
"You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what
you stand for, what you care about," Clinton told CNN's Christiane
Amanpour. "That's why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back
the House and or the Senate, that's when civility can start again."
Why isn't Crooked Hillary in the jail infirmary?
It's full of Trump staffers, maybe?
--
"TRUMP 2020"
Yeah... 20 for Obstruction and 20 for Treason.
NoBody
2018-10-11 10:14:32 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Fuck civility.
You've never had any.
Post by FPP
WASHINGTON – Hillary Clinton says the time for civility is over.
She's never been civil either.
She described her own party pretty well.
FPP
Why the fuck do you keep talking to me? Are you fucking mentally ill?
NoBody
2018-10-13 13:37:38 UTC
Post by FPP
"You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what
you stand for, what you care about," Clinton told CNN's Christiane
Amanpour. "That's why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back
the House and or the Senate, that's when civility can start again."
Just fuck it.
She described her own party pretty well.
Why the fuck do you keep talking to me? Are you fucking mentally ill?
Why do you keep running away from valid questions? Silly FPP thinks
that by participating in a public forum, that he gets to decide who
will reply to him. Of course this is the same FPP who thinks I post
as multiple people. His only piece of "evidence" was demolished yet
he still clings to it...
Ubiquitous
2018-08-16 01:05:15 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
https://youtu.be/FE6yhk6B8Eo

Color of Change recently launched a new tote bag promoting the idea
that "civility won't save us," featuring the #BeLikeMaxine hashtag.
Yes, this is an actual product. And it's all about encouraging people
to be rude, just like Maxine. How very nice.
2018-08-16 22:11:08 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
https://youtu.be/FE6yhk6B8Eo
Color of Change recently launched a new tote bag promoting the idea
that "civility won't save us," featuring the #BeLikeMaxine hashtag.
Yes, this is an actual product. And it's all about encouraging people
to be rude, just like Maxine. How very nice.
Fact Check: Are These ‘I’d Rather Be a Russian Than a Democrat’ Shirts Real?

A photograph of two men wearing "I'd Rather Be a Russian Than a
Democrat" t-shirts was taken at a rally for President Trump in Ohio.

Verdict: True!

Some viewers who encountered this image online were so bewildered by the
shirt’s message — Would supporters of an American president really voice
support for a hostile foreign power over their fellow Americans? — that
they wondered if the photograph had been doctored in some way. The
photograph, however, is real.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/russian-than-democrat-shirts/

So take your tote bag whinging, and shove it up your ass. At least
they're not traitors.
--
Trump Supporters Motto: "He didn't say that. And if he did, he didn't
mean that. And if he did, you didn't understand it. And if you did, it's
not a big deal. And if it is, others have done worse."
Ubiquitous
2018-08-22 01:34:22 UTC
[...]
"Whataboutism" noted.
Nonresponse noted.
Trigger alert noted.

Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.
Ubiquitous
2018-09-11 23:53:29 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
CASTRO VALLEY (CBS SF) – A man was arrested on suspicion of felony
assault and other charges after allegedly attempting to stab a
Republican congressional candidate with a switchblade over the weekend
at in Castro Valley, according to the Alameda County Sheriff’s Office.

On Sunday, September 9, at approximately 3:45 p.m., deputies working at
the Castro Valley Fall Festival were alerted to a possible knife attack
at one of the vendor booths.

Deputies arrived at the booth and made contact with the victim,
Republican candidate Rudy Peters, who is running against incumbent Rep.
Eric Swalwell (D-Dublin) for the 15th congressional district seat

The Castro Valley News first reported on the attack.

According to witnesses, 35-year-old Castro Valley resident Farzad
Fazeli approached Peters at his booth in an aggressive manner and made
disparaging, profanity-laced remarks about the Republican party and
President Donald Trump.

During the incident, Fazeli allegedly pulled out a switchblade knife
and attempted to stab Peters. The knife malfunctioned and the candidate
became involved in a physical struggle with Fazeli, according to
sheriff’s Sgt. Ray Kelly.

The suspect then fled the scene, but was detained a short time later by
deputies and was found in possession of a switchblade knife, Kelly
said.

Fazeli was arrested for felony assault, criminal threats, brandishing a
weapon and possession of a switchblade knife and booked into Santa Rita
Jail.

Peters wasn’t injured. Fazeli, who lists his occupation as cashier, was
booked into Santa Rita Jail in Dublin on suspicion of felony assault,
criminal threats, brandishing a weapon and possession of a switchblade
knife.

Kelly said the case has been forwarded to the Alameda County District
Attorney’s Office for charging.

On Tuesday, Swalwell posted on Twitter about the attack, saying he was
“glad to hear Mr. Peters is okay.” He also discouraged the use of
violence in any disagreement, political or otherwise.

--
Islam is a peaceful religion, just as long as the women are beaten, the
boys buggered and the infidels are killed.
Ubiquitous
2018-09-25 01:05:01 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Republican Texas Senator Ted Cruz was chased out of a DC restaurant by
protesters on Monday night, according to video posted on Twitter.

Two videos were posted by "Smash Racism DC" and they show a large group
of protesters chanting "We believe survivors" in reference to sexual
assault allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh at
Sen. Cruz and his wife, Heidi Cruz.

One video shows a protester confronting Sen. Cruz and his wife as they
entered the restaurant. Sen. Cruz tells the woman "God bless you"
before attempting to take a seat at a table.

After the protesters surround the table, Sen. Cruz tells Mrs. Cruz,
"Let's go ahead and go" and puts on his jacket to leave.

WATCH:

Sexual assault survivor questioned Cruz during disruption at
fancy Washington DC restaurant. Cruz ignores her.
#CancelKavanaugh pic.twitter.com/bbtQ8TqE4H

- Smash Racism DC (@SmashRacismDC) September 25, 2018

WATCH:

BREAKING. Activists just chased @TedCruz out of a fancy
Washington DC restaurant, chanting "We Believe Survivors!"

Cruz has been friends with creep Kavanaugh for 20 years.
Now Cruz is on judiciary committee hearing his testimony.

Fascists not welcome! #CancelKavanugh
pic.twitter.com/7mx6Tc32za

- Smash Racism DC (@SmashRacismDC) September 25, 2018

"Vote no on Kavanaugh!" one protester screams. "Cancel Kavanaugh for
women's rights."

Toward the end of a video, a restaurant employee can be heard asking
the protesters to leave because the area is a "private space."

A spokesperson for Sen. Cruz did not immediately return a request for
comment.
2018-09-25 13:02:03 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Republican Texas Senator Ted Cruz was chased out of a DC restaurant by
protesters on Monday night, according to video posted on Twitter.
Was it with wooden stakes and garlic? Pitchforks and torches?
Or just a silver bullet?
--
"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was
their final, most essential command." - George Orwell, 1949
what’s happening." - Donald J. Trump, 2018
A Friend
2018-09-25 14:15:08 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Republican Texas Senator Ted Cruz was chased out of a DC restaurant by
protesters on Monday night, according to video posted on Twitter.
Was it with wooden stakes and garlic? Pitchforks and torches?
Or just a silver bullet?
Unfortunately, this will play well with Cruz's voters back home, and
it's a close election. Couldn't they find a whorehouse to chase him
out of?
Ubiquitous
2018-09-25 18:04:00 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Republican Texas Senator Ted Cruz was chased out of a DC restaurant by
protesters on Monday night, according to video posted on Twitter.
Was it with wooden stakes and garlic? Pitchforks and torches?
Or just a silver bullet?
Unfortunately, this will play well with Cruz's voters back home, and
it's a close election. Couldn't they find a whorehouse to chase him
out of?
You mean the Capitol building?
NoBody
2018-09-26 11:08:39 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Republican Texas Senator Ted Cruz was chased out of a DC restaurant by
protesters on Monday night, according to video posted on Twitter.
Was it with wooden stakes and garlic? Pitchforks and torches?
Or just a silver bullet?
No just screaming idiots who can't hold their cell phones the right
way when they take videos.
Ubiquitous
2018-09-26 17:29:02 UTC
Post by NoBody
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Republican Texas Senator Ted Cruz was chased out of a DC restaurant by
protesters on Monday night, according to video posted on Twitter.
Was it with wooden stakes and garlic? Pitchforks and torches?
Or just a silver bullet?
No just screaming idiots who can't hold their cell phones the right
way when they take videos.
According to a followup of the story, the Ted Cruz and his wife returned to
their table after the trouble-makers were escorted out by police.
2018-09-26 22:37:50 UTC
Post by NoBody
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Republican Texas Senator Ted Cruz was chased out of a DC restaurant by
protesters on Monday night, according to video posted on Twitter.
Was it with wooden stakes and garlic? Pitchforks and torches?
Or just a silver bullet?
No just screaming idiots who can't hold their cell phones the right
way when they take videos.
According to a followup of the story, the Ted Cruz and his wife returned to
their table after the trouble-makers were escorted out by police.
Whereupon he turned into a bat, and sucked the blood out of a T-Bone...
FPP
2018-09-30 00:32:47 UTC
Post by NoBody
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Republican Texas Senator Ted Cruz was chased out of a DC restaurant by
protesters on Monday night, according to video posted on Twitter.
Was it with wooden stakes and garlic? Pitchforks and torches?
Or just a silver bullet?
No just screaming idiots who can't hold their cell phones the right
way when they take videos.
Only a moron replies directly to someone who he's been told repeatedly
has killfiled him.
BTR1701
2018-09-30 01:05:35 UTC
Only a moron replies directly to someone who he's been told repeatedly
has killfiled him.
Nope. You don't get to shut people up by killfiling them. Just because you
don't want to read someone's posts doesn't mean that person doesn't want
everyone else in the thread to see their response to you.
FPP
2018-09-30 04:39:13 UTC
Only a moron replies directly to someone who he's been told repeatedly
has killfiled him.
Nope. You don't get to shut people up by killfiling them. Just because you
don't want to read someone's posts doesn't mean that person doesn't want
everyone else in the thread to see their response to you.
Where have I tried to shut him up, Captain Dummy?
BTR1701
2018-09-30 08:34:41 UTC
Only a moron replies directly to someone who he's been told repeatedly
has killfiled him.
Nope. You don't get to shut people up by killfiling them. Just because
you don't want to read someone's posts doesn't mean that person
doesn't want everyone else in the thread to see their response to you.
Where have I tried to shut him up, Captain Dummy?
Complaining about people who respond to you despite your killfile is an
expression of your desire that they shut up.
FPP
2018-09-30 10:44:10 UTC
Only a moron replies directly to someone who he's been told repeatedly
has killfiled him.
Nope. You don't get to shut people up by killfiling them. Just because
you don't want to read someone's posts doesn't mean that person
doesn't want everyone else in the thread to see their response to you.
Where have I tried to shut him up, Captain Dummy?
Complaining about people who respond to you despite your killfile is an
expression of your desire that they shut up.
Nope... that it ain't. It's also not a fluffy bunny, or a big scary snake.
Pretend all you like, but it's exactly what I said it was, counselor.
NoBody
2018-09-30 14:52:59 UTC
Only a moron replies directly to someone who he's been told repeatedly
has killfiled him.
Nope. You don't get to shut people up by killfiling them. Just because
you don't want to read someone's posts doesn't mean that person
doesn't want everyone else in the thread to see their response to you.
Where have I tried to shut him up, Captain Dummy?
Complaining about people who respond to you despite your killfile is an
expression of your desire that they shut up.
You have to remember that FPP just isn't very bright, as I've
demonstrated in the past. Heck, he just replied to me when he said I
was in his killfile.
trotsky
2018-09-30 09:56:14 UTC
Only a moron replies directly to someone who he's been told repeatedly
has killfiled him.
Nope. You don't get to shut people up by killfiling them.
Thanks, I wondered what was going to come out of left field lately.

Just because you
Are you smokin' crack?
FPP
2018-09-30 00:37:10 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Ubiquitous
The Civility Pledge
     * will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
     * will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
     * will stand against incivility when I see it.
Republican Texas Senator Ted Cruz was chased out of a DC restaurant by
protesters on Monday night, according to video posted on Twitter.
Was it with wooden stakes and garlic?  Pitchforks and torches?
Or just a silver bullet?
No just screaming idiots who can't hold their cell phones the right
way when they take videos.
Only a moron replies directly to someone who he's been told repeatedly
has killfiled him.
And only a moron can't understand (when I've told him repeatedly) that
my kill filters expire once a year - and that I re-up them immediately
for another year directly thereafter.

On to 2019.
NoBody
2018-10-01 11:24:06 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Ubiquitous
The Civility Pledge
     * will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
     * will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
     * will stand against incivility when I see it.
Republican Texas Senator Ted Cruz was chased out of a DC restaurant by
protesters on Monday night, according to video posted on Twitter.
Was it with wooden stakes and garlic?  Pitchforks and torches?
Or just a silver bullet?
No just screaming idiots who can't hold their cell phones the right
way when they take videos.
Only a moron replies directly to someone who he's been told repeatedly
has killfiled him.
And only a moron can't understand (when I've told him repeatedly) that
my kill filters expire once a year - and that I re-up them immediately
for another year directly thereafter.
You put expiration dates on your fillfiles? There's a new one.
Post by FPP
On to 2019.
Until it "breaks" once again...
Ubiquitous
And yet, you keep posting followups to him...
Ubiquitous
2018-10-05 01:05:05 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
A woman from the youth branch of Canada's pro-life group Campaign Life
Coalition was assaulted by a male feminist during a demonstration on
September 30. The horrifying unprovoked attack was recorded by the
young woman's cell phone camera.

In the video, the unidentified male feminist, huddled with a group of
pro-abortion activists, first engages the pro-lifer by bringing up the
hypothetical rape of a 16-year-old girl to defend the murder of the
unborn - a predictable and deeply flawed tactic of the Left.

"Hey, guess what," he says in an irritated tone. "If somebody gets
raped by somebody and they're like, 'I'm a 16-year-old and I can't have
this baby.' Think they should keep it?"

The woman responds logically, "It's a baby. If someone is raped and she
gives birth and she decides to kill her three-year-old child -"

This is when the feminist ally gets especially angry, pauses, and then
kicks the young woman, knocking her phone out of her hand.

"Someone call the cops! Do not touch me!" you can hear the victim yell.

Can't you feel the pro-woman sentiment? Can't you feel the tolerance of
the Left?

SICK: Just now a pro-abortion advocate roundhouse kicked a
young pro-life woman from @clcyouthprolife in Toronto

He has not yet been found, RT!! pic.twitter.com/k1XlXBCVRP

- Devin Sena (@DevinSenaUI) October 3, 2018

Founder & President of Human Defense Initiative Devin Sena has informed
The Daily Wire that the man has been identified and such information
will be released shortly.
--
"Sometimes, bad things happen to bad people"
-- FPP
NoBody
Just another example of the "tolerant left".
Ubiquitous
2018-10-06 14:50:29 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Update:
The Cuck Fighter in the video, a hairdresser from Toronto, has been fired
from his job at Noble Studio (irony!) and the woman is pressing charges.
He allegedly "vandalized multiple pro-life signs" before the incident.
--
"Sometimes, bad things happen to bad people"
-- FPP
Ubiquitous
2018-10-08 18:31:10 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Republican Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.) knew the left was angry about
Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court confirmation. But unfortunately, he
learned first-hand on Saturday just how angry Democrats are.

Gardner revealed to Fox News Sunday that after he voted to confirm
Kavanaugh, his wife received a graphic text message with a video
depicting a beheading. Additionally, he said his family was doxxed and
some of their personal information was made public.

What are the details?
Fox News reporter Chad Pergram reported:

Amid Kavanaugh furor & threats to mbrs, Sen. Cory Gardner
(R-CO) tells Fox that his wife received a text with a video
attachment showing a gruesome beheading. Someone has has also
released the names of and addresses of his family members.

— Chad Pergram (@ChadPergram) October 7, 2018

Gardner’s press secretary, Casey Contres, confirmed the reporting to
the Daily Caller News Foundation. Contres added that Gardner’s office
may provide additional details on the threat at a later time.

It wasn’t immediately clear if there were any suspects, or if law
enforcement knew the source of the disturbing message.

As Fox News noted, Gardner voiced his support for Kavanaugh in July
after President Donald Trump nominated him. Gardner reiterated his
support for Kavanaugh after the FBI concluded its “supplemental”
investigation into Kavanaugh’s background last week.

Unfortunately, Gardner isn’t the only GOP senator to be doxxed during
the Kavanaugh charade. Last month, while Kavanaugh testified before
the Senate Judiciary Committee where he denied allegations of sexual
assault, GOP Sens. Mike Lee (Utah), Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), and Orrin
Hatch (Utah) had their personal information posted to their public
Wikipedia pages.

A Democratic intern, who most recently worked for Rep. Sheila Jackson
Lee (D-Texas), was arrested last week for leaking the senators’
information.
Ubiquitous
2018-10-09 08:41:00 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Hillary Clinton, in a television interview Tuesday, rejected the idea
that Democrats should be "civil" with Republicans in the age of Donald
Trump, embracing a more confrontational and aggressive political
approach.

"You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what
you stand for, what you care about," Clinton said.

Speaking to CNN's Christiane Amanpour, the 2016 Democratic presidential
nominee said, "That's why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win
back the House and/or the Senate, that's when civility can start again.
But until then, the only thing Republicans seem to recognize and
respect is strength."

Whoops! We couldn't access this Tweet.

Clinton's comments come amid escalating attacks against Republican
lawmakers and Trump administration officials by left-wing activists.

Republican Sen. Cory Gardner, R-Colo., said Sunday his wife had
received a graphic text message with a video depicting a beheading,
after Gardner voted to confirm Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.
Before and after the vote, thousands of demonstrators stormed the halls
of Congress and steps of the Supreme Court to protest Kavanaugh.

Last week, Democratic intern Jackson Cosko, who recently worked as an
unpaid intern for Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, also was arrested
for posting the personal information of Sens. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.,
Mike Lee, R-Utah, and Orrin Hatch, R-Utah on Wikipedia -- including
their home addresses.

During the Kavanaugh battle, two female activists cornered Sen. Jeff
Flake, R-Ariz., in an elevator and screamed at him, with one of them
repeatedly demanding he look at her as she accused him of suggesting
her own sexual assault "doesn't matter."

And days earlier, Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, and his wife Heidi were
hounded out of a restaurant by protesters peppering the senator with
questions about Kavanaugh and chanting "we believe survivors" and
"cancel Kavanaugh."

The tactic of hounding lawmakers and Trump officials out of restaurants
became more prevalent in June, when White House Press Secretary Sarah
Sanders and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen were driven
out of restaurants amid the backlash over the separation of illegal
immigrant families at the border.

Such confrontations were encouraged by Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif.,
who days later called on supporters to confront Trump officials in
public spaces.

"If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department
store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and
you push back on them and you tell them they're not welcome anymore,
anywhere," she told a crowd.

This week, Republicans have been pushing back against such tactics.
Some have pointed to the shooting of Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La., at a
Republican baseball practice last year as a reminder of how heated
rhetoric can lead to much worse.

Kelley Paul, the wife of Sen. Rand Paul, revealed that she now keeps a
loaded gun by her bed after her family has "experienced violence and
threats of violence at a horrifying level."
2018-10-10 23:06:53 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Hillary Clinton, in a television interview Tuesday, rejected the idea
that Democrats should be "civil" with Republicans in the age of Donald
Trump, embracing a more confrontational and aggressive political
approach.
"You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what
you stand for, what you care about," Clinton said.
She's 100% right.
Civility is dead, and it's going to stay dead... just like the
Rapepublicans chances in November.
--
TRUMP 2020
20 for Obstruction, and 20 for Treason.
Ubiquitous
2018-10-09 08:53:06 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
ROSEMOUNT, Minn. (AP) - A Minnesota teacher is under scrutiny after a
message allegedly appeared on her Twitter account suggesting someone
should assassinate new U.S. Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

The Rosemount special education teacher has since deleted her Twitter
account, but a tweet that read "so whose gonna take one for the team
and kill Kavanaugh" was reported by Twitter users to the FBI and Secret
Service.

The FBI in Minneapolis told The Star Tribune it's aware of the tweet.

Intermediate School District 917 Superintendent Mark Zuzek confirmed
the district received a complaint over the weekend and placed the
teacher on paid administrative leave pending the investigation.

It's unclear whether she will be charged with a crime.

Kavanaugh was sworn in Monday after a divisive Senate confirmation
hearing.
2018-10-10 23:08:13 UTC
[...]
No, it's pretty clear. Unless she was DEAD serious and took actions,
there is no crime.
--
TRUMP 2020
20 for Obstruction, and 20 for Treason.
NoBody
Actually death threats *are* a crime, dingy...
FPP
Ubiquitous
2018-10-21 09:54:23 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Yet another Republican has been harassed while dining out, this time
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky.

McConnell and his wife, Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, were
finishing up their meal at Havana Rumba in Louisville, KY, when four
men began yelling at them, according to video obtained by TMZ. In the
short clip, the leader of the protesters asks McConnell: “Why don’t you
get out of here? Why don’t you leave the entire country?”

Someone else can be heard yelling, “Ditch Mitch!”

The woman who shot the video and sent it to TMZ told the outlet that
this same protester “slammed his fists down on McConnell's table,
grabbed his doggie bag and threw the food out the door of the
restaurant.” She also said the protester appeared to be most concerned
with Social Security and health care and said McConnell was “killing
people with his views,” before she started filming.

McConnell and his wife can be seen calmly sitting while the men scream
at them. Some other restaurant patrons appear to try and calm the men
down.

After the protesters left, according to TMZ, McConnell shook the hands
of those who supported him and thanked them.

About a month ago, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) was harassed at a restaurant
while he was out with his wife. The two were forced to leave as
protesters screamed at him over his support for Judge Brett Kavanaugh,
who was not yet a Supreme Court justice and had been accused of sexual
assaulting a woman 36 years earlier.

White House senior adviser Stephen Miller, Press Secretary Sarah
Huckabee Sanders, and DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen have also been
accosted while dining out.

It appears Rep. Maxine Waters’ (D-CA) call for Democrats to intimidate
their political reporters continues to have totally foreseen
consequences. In June, Waters told supporters to keep harassing Trump
cabinet members (which has now extended to anyone who supports any of
Trump’s decisions or policies) out of public space.

“Let’s make sure we show up wherever we have to show up and if you see
anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a
gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd and you push back
on them, and you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere,”
Waters said.
FPP
2018-10-22 06:39:09 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Yet another Republican has been harassed while dining out, this time
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky.
Were those the Proud Boys yelling "Fuck Pelosi"?
If so, they're about as bright as you.
NoBody
2018-10-22 11:16:07 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Yet another Republican has been harassed while dining out, this time
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky.
Were those the Proud Boys yelling "Fuck Pelosi"?
If so, they're about as bright as you.
And FPP once again evades the subject because he doesn't have the
courage to defend such behavior.
Ubiquitous
FPP
Ubiquitous
2018-10-22 18:23:36 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Two U.S. senators who supported the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to
the Supreme Court received death threats from a Long Island, NY
resident, who was arrested Friday morning.

Federal authorities say Ronald DeRisi, 74, sent expletive-laden phone
messages to two senators - who were not named in the complaint -
beginning on September 27, the day Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford,
who accused the judge of sexual assault, testified before Congress.

In one of 10 "threatening voice-messages," DeRisi told one of the
senators he had a "present" for them.

"It's a nine-millimeter. Side of your . skull," DeRisi said. "Yeah,
Kavanaugh - I don't think so."

In another message left the same day for the same senator, DeRisi said:
"If fucking Kavanaugh gets in, he's dead fucking meat!"

On the day Kavanaugh was confirmed, DeRisi called the other senator,
threatening, "You better pray this guy don't get in."

"I'm gonna get you," DeRisi said in another message to this senator,
according to the complaint.

Police determined DeRisi was the culprit using phone records, voice
exemplars, and matching his credit card to purchased pre-paid cell
phones, which he used to make the calls in and around his home.

Authorities say in their complaint against DeRisi that he made the
threats to try and keep those senators from supporting Kavanaugh
"and/or as retaliation for having voted to confirm" the judge.

The U.S. Attorney's Office is prosecuting the case. Richard Donoghue,
U.S. Attorney for New York's Eastern District, issued a statement
regarding the threats sent by DeRisi.

"We and all those dedicated to the rule of law will not tolerate the
use violence and threats of violence in attempts to prevail in
political disputes," he said.

DeRisi was previously charged in 2015 for phoning the home and office
of another victim more than 15 times, also leaving threatening
messages. He plead guilty to "a state charge of aggravated harassement
[sic]," according to CNBC. He was also charged with felony tampering in
2011 after he allegedly cut cables at a cell tower construction site.

DeRisi's attorney, Peter Brill, said his client was diagnosed with
"cerebral atrophy which has led to progressive dementia."

"He's not a violent person, although his disease has led to an
increased lack of impulse control," Brill told CNBC. "We know this
story was scary to the people he called, but he's not a violent person
and I'm just going to continue to hope that he gets th [sic] help that
he needs."

DeRisi is just one of many who sent death threats to senators over
Kavanaugh's nomination. Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) received coat hangers
and death threats in an attempt to persuade her to vote against the
judge. Collins held firm and delivered an impressive speech detailing
why she chose to vote for Kavanaugh despite the actions of his
opponents. This past week, a hazmat team was called to investigate a
letter sent to the senator's husband.

A package with a suspicious powder was also sent to Sen. Ted Cruz's
office in Texas, and he was harassed out of a restaurant by protesters.
FPP
2018-10-22 23:08:55 UTC
[...]
#FakeNews
--
TRUMP 2020
20 for Obstruction, and 20 for Treason.
Ubiquitous
2018-10-25 01:05:02 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Should this have surprised us? Because it kind of did.

Fantasizing about the Secret Service helping assassinate
the president, now in the @nytimes. https://t.co/FbAHRG4TkG
- Ben Domenech (@bdomenech) October 24, 2018

Ben Domenech isn't kidding. For some reason, the New York Times Book
Review asked five spy and crime novelists to imagine the next chapter of
President Trump's term, so the odds were pretty good that at least one
would end in his assassination, right?

Zoe Sharp was honored that her piece was included:

Honoured to be in @nytimesbooks this week alongside
@ScottTurow @JoeFinder @LauraMLippman Jason Matthews.
We were asked to write short fiction on what happens
next on the US/Russia scene. https://t.co/tW8UVvNn8S
- Zoe Sharp (@authorzoesharp) October 24, 2018

Here's an excerpt:

When it was time, he went downstairs, took his place in
the lobby before the entourage appeared. The hotel staff
had been lined up to see their boss, the president, go by.
A few of them applauded. Most did not.

The president didn't seem to notice. He waved, in his
desultory fashion. The Secret Service agents clustered
around him, ushered him toward the armored limo idling
outside at the curb.

The Russian waited until they were a few steps past before
he drew the gun. He sighted on the center of the president's
back, and squeezed the trigger.

Spoiler alert (like we give a damn): the gun misfires and the story ends
with a Secret Service agent handing over his Glock and saying, "Here,
use mine."

Now, what was the press saying about violent rhetoric and civility?

"[The Russian] opened his eyes. The Secret Service agent
stood before him, presenting his Glock, butt first.

"Here," the agent said politely. "Use mine. ."

Jesus Christ. The left has become so deranged after the
2016 election that this is now their masturbatory fantasy.
- Richard Alejandro (@realejandro85) October 24, 2018

Y'all are part of the reason trump will win 2020. Good job
- Alec pinto (@alec_pinto) October 24, 2018

Disgusting scum.
- ?? nah ????? (@StealthNathan) October 24, 2018

Stay classy @nytimesbooks
- GregoryLee Humphries (@UnderusedApple) October 24, 2018

What happened to MUH WORDS ARE VIOLENCE? That line ends
whenever your words begin? Got it.
- Pure Emergy (@MattWilliams06) October 24, 2018

Really @nytimes it seems like the perfect time to print
stories about political assasinations.

Get a public editor.
- ??spooky soros-rex?? (@itsjasonborne) October 24, 2018

"He sighted on the center of the president's back, and
squeezed the trigger."

We'd better never hear a damned word about Trump inciting
violence ever again.
- Hope Y'all Never Get It (@realFrankBell) October 24, 2018

Nice timing. Ricin, Pipe bombs, and assassinations, oh my.
Enjoy the inevitable fallout. God I hope this murder porn
doesn't inspire any further political violence.
- Infinito Absurdum (@DeciduousWoulds) October 24, 2018

Well, the White House didn't receive a pipe bomb today, but at least
there's an assassination fantasy to tide people over.

wow. you're revolting.
- Ivan Denisovich Shukhov ?? #??????????? (@thedawson)
October 24, 2018

So I guess fantasizing about a mass shooter going in and
wasting the entire editorial department at the times is
perfectly acceptable since after all it is fiction. You
are one sick piece of work.
- Jim Andreu (@AndreuJim) October 24, 2018

Ah, writing fanfiction about shooting the President.

You should be ashamed to call yourself a writer. You're
nothing but a yellow journalist hack. If some alt-right
shithead had written an article fantasizing about murdering
Clinton, I'd be saying the exact same thing.
- Derek S (@Derek_Sechi) October 24, 2018

Yes, fantasize about killing the man who utterly beat you,
who rendered your dreams of globalist and American weakness
irrelevant. you complete and total failure.??
- Mullah Archie (@harrytuttlehvac) October 24, 2018

Projection has reached this level. It had to. Be safe.
Peace.
- Silence Dogood (@HarryDogood) October 24, 2018

Made it a quarter of the way through before I realized I'd
need chemo by the end of it. If your political bias
interferes with your writing THAT much, you should probably
take a vacation. God that was cringe.
- Michael?? (@mickeysixx6) October 24, 2018

A Tweet 24hrs old that already hasn't aged well.
- JimmyJJames (@JimmyJJames2) October 24, 2018

Not only a horrible story but printed at exactly the wrong time - good
work, New York Times.
BTR1701
2018-10-25 17:22:35 UTC
[...]
This bitch is full of it. USSS agents don't use Glocks.

Interesting that this isn't the first unhinged leftist who thinks it would
be perfectly acceptable for the USSS to kill the president. They seem quite
happy with the idea that a group of men and women with guns should have
veto power over the American people's choice of leader and to exercise that
power by committing murder.

But only for non-'progressive' presidents, I'm sure. The "That's Different"
standard goes without saying at this point.
FPP
2018-10-25 23:05:15 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
“Just catching up with news of all these pipe bombs,” Yiannopoulos
wrote. “Disgusting and sad (that they didn’t go off, and the daily beast
didn’t get one).” -Milo Yiannopoulos

Oh, and here is my reply for your inevitable dumbshit comment:

"Sure. Whatever."
--
TRUMP 2020
20 for Obstruction, and 20 for Treason.
Ubiquitous
2018-10-26 00:07:23 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
“Just catching up with news of all these pipe bombs,” Yiannopoulos
wrote. “Disgusting and sad (that they didn’t go off, and the daily beast
didn’t get one).” -Milo Yiannopoulos
Well, there you go excusing despicible behavior with other despicible behavior again!
In other words, business as usual.

Tu quoque noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.
Ubiquitous
2018-11-08 02:05:02 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Fox News host Tucker Carlson was at his desk Wednesday evening, less
than two hours before his 8 p.m. live show, when he suddenly started
receiving multiple text messages.

There was some sort of commotion happening outside his home in
Northwest D.C.

"I called my wife," Carlson told The Washington Post in a phone
interview. "She had been in the kitchen alone getting ready to go to
dinner and she heard pounding on the front door and screaming. ...
Someone started throwing himself against the front door and actually
cracked the front door."

His wife, thinking it was a home invasion, locked herself in the
pantry and called 911, Carlson said. The couple have four children,
but none were home at the time.

But it wasn't a home invasion. It was a protest.

According to now-deleted social media posts shared by Smash Racism DC,
a local anti-facist organization whose members have been tied to other
demonstrations against prominent Republican figures, activists showed
up outside Carlson's home Wednesday and they had a message for him.

"Tucker Carlson, we are outside your home," one person could be heard
saying in the since-deleted video. The person, using a bullhorn,
accused Carlson of "promoting hate" and "an ideology that has led to
thousands of people dying."

"We want you to know, we know where you sleep at night," the person
concluded, before leading the group to chant, "Tucker Carlson, we will
fight! We know where you sleep at night!"

Roughly 20 people had gathered outside Carlson's residence, said Lt.
Jon Pongratz with the Metropolitan Police Department of D.C.
Authorities received a call at about 6:30 p.m. Wednesday and responded
"within a few minutes," Pongratz told The Post.

Carlson said the protesters had blocked off both ends of his street
and carried signs that listed his home address. The group called
Carlson a "racist scumbag" and demanded that he "leave town,"
according to posts on Twitter. A woman was also overheard in one of
the deleted videos saying she wanted to "bring a pipe bomb" to his
house, he said.

"It wasn't a protest. It was a threat," said Carlson, who is often
denounced by critics, particularly liberal critics, for inflammatory
rhetoric about immigrants and minorities on his Fox News show. "They
weren't protesting anything specific that I had said. They weren't
asking me to change anything. They weren't protesting a policy or
advocating for legislation. ... They were threatening me and my family
and telling me to leave my own neighborhood in the city that I grew up
in."

He added that he still does not know who was behind the protest, but
plans to find out.

On Twitter, Smash Racism DC accused Carlson of spreading "fear into
our homes" every night, taking particular issue with his comments
about the migrant caravan.

"Tonight you're reminded that we have a voice," a now-deleted tweet
read. "Tonight, we remind you that you are not safe either."

The host's address, as well as the addresses of his brother and good
friend Neil Patel, with whom he co-founded the conservative media site
the Daily Caller, were shared in tweets from Smash Racism DC's
account.

In a Facebook post that included video of the gathering, the group
wrote, "Fascists are vulnerable. Confront them at their homes!"

Following backlash and news reports, Twitter deleted the problematic
tweets and suspended the group's account early Thursday morning. The
Facebook video was also taken down, but the page is still up. A
request for comment made to the group's Facebook page early Thursday
has not been returned.

Hours after the protesters dispersed, police were still stationed near
his home, Pongratz said, adding the block will be under "special
attention" for "as long as needed."

"We're going to keep an eye on the block and the area because of the
earlier disturbance to make sure that nothing escalates," he said,
noting that the increased security was a decision made by police. "We
wanted to make sure that it stayed safe ... in case they do come
back."

News of the protest and doxxing, revealing personal information on the
internet, prompted widespread condemnation from not just
conservative-leaning journalists or Fox News personalities but also
media members who are critical of Carlson.

Megyn Kelly, the former Fox News personality who is reportedly in exit
talks with NBC, called the demonstration "stomach-turning."

"This has to stop," Kelly tweeted, sharing a video of the protesters.
"Who are we? What are we becoming? @TuckerCarlson is tough & can
handle a lot, but he does not deserve this. His family does not
deserve this."

Fox News senior political analyst Brit Hume decried it as "revolting,
and frightening." Daily Wire reporter Amanda Prestigiacomo tweeted
that the protesters were "cowards" for going to Carlson's home while
he was taping his show. S.E. Cupp, a CNN host, wrote on Twitter that
the activists' actions were "not okay," adding, "don't do this."

Washington Post columnist Max Boot, who has been critical of Carlson,
also spoke out against the protest.

"I think Tucker is a terrible influence on modern America but that
doesn't justify harassing him at home," Boot tweeted. "Go high, not
low."

In his nightly newsletter, CNN's Brian Stelter dedicated a section to
the protest titled, "Tucker Carlson does not deserve this." Stelter
also shared screenshots of the newsletter on Twitter.

"You can love or hate Fox's Tucker Carlson, but we should all be able
to see that this protester behavior is wrong," the newsletter read.
Quoting the responses from Kelly and Boot, Stelter wrote, "I agree.
Get a permit for a protest outside Carlson's office if you want. But
don't chant 'we know where you sleep at night' outside his home."

Carlson, a longtime D.C. resident, said he went to "great lengths" to
keep his home address private because of his family, who were all
"very upset" by the protesters. He added that he loves his home and
neighborhood and does not want to move.

"They think of Northwest D.C. as a tranquil sanctuary where they know
everyone and everyone is nice," he said. "They think of this as the
greatest place in the world."

Now, Carlson is worried about leaving his family alone at home.

"How can you go out for dinner and leave the kids at home at this
point?" he said. "If they're talking about pipe bombs ... how do you
live like that?"

He added that he also doesn't know what he's going to do about
checking the mail. In October, pipe bombs were mailed across the
country to high-profile critics of President Trump.

"I probably won't open another package sent to our house from now on,"
Carlson said.

Wednesday night's events are the latest in a spate of harassment aimed
at prominent politicians and media outlets, ranging from being heckled
in restaurants to receiving packages containing explosive devices.

While he is no stranger to threats, Carlson said this time things went
"too far."

"I don't think I should be threatened in our house," he said. "I think
I should fight back, and I plan to."

He added: "I'm not going to be bullied and intimidated."

[This isn't the first time Smash Racism DC has done this]
ANTIFA means "ANTI-First Amendment"
Ubiquitous
2018-11-09 01:05:04 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Vox.com co-founder Matthew Yglesias defended a group of left-wing
Antifa members terrorizing Tucker Carlson's wife.

On Wednesday night, a mob of about 20 members of a group called Smash
Racism, which is part of the left-wing terrorist group Antifa,
gathered outside the home of Fox News star Tucker Carlson. He was
preparing to go on the air at the time and not at home, but his wife
was, and according to video posted by the group itself, this was much
more than a protest.

Using a bullhorn, the group chanted threats: "Racist scumbag, leave
town."

A second chant was even more threatening: "Tucker Carlson, we will
fight! We know where you sleep at night!"

Using their (now deleted) Twitter account, the Antifa group posted
the menacing video and wrote, "Tonight, we remind you that you are
not safe either."

Overheard in one video is a woman saying she wished she had brought a
"pipe bomb" to Carlson's house.

Carlson told the far-left Washington Post that the left-wing
terrorists "blocked off both ends of his street and carried signs
that listed his home address."

Carlson added, "They weren't protesting a policy or advocating for
legislation. . They were threatening me and my family and telling me
to leave my own neighborhood in the city that I grew up in."

Carlson told Fox News the terrorists "rang his doorbell, broke his
oak door" and that his wife "called the police and locked herself
into a pantry."

Despite all of this, Ygelsias admitted he had "no empathy" for
Carlson's wife of 22 years and admitted that "the idea behind
terrorizing [Carlson's] family . is to make them feel some of the
fear that the victims of MAGA-inspired violence feel thanks to the
non-stop racial incitement coming from Tucker, Trump, etc."

Thankfully, Carlson's four children were not at home when Antifa
struck, but Yglesias obviously feels Carlson's _entire family_,
including his children, do not deserve empathy when terrorized.

I think the idea behind terrorizing his family, like it
or not as a strategy, is to make them feel some of the
fear that the victims of MAGA-inspired violence feel
thanks to the non-stop racial incitement coming from
Tucker, Trump, etc. https://t.co/hmBTBtcTBM

- Matthew Yglesias (@mattyglesias) November 8, 2018

I agree that this is probably not tactically sound but
if your instinct is to empathize with the fear of the
Carlson family rather than with the fear of his victims
then you should take a moment to reflect on why that is.

- Matthew Yglesias (@mattyglesias) November 8, 2018

Oddly enough, Yglesias does appear to empathize with an apparent
illegal immigrant who lives in fear of deportation, even though she
has broken the law and is living illegally in the country.

I met a woman who didn't leave the house for months
because she was afraid of being picked up by ICE and
never seeing her US citizen kids and husband again.

What sense was there in terrorizing her family?

- Matthew Yglesias (@mattyglesias) November 8, 2018

Yglasias only objected to the terrorizing of Carlson's family as a
bad tactic.

I honestly cannot empathize with Tucker Carlson's wife at
all - I agree that protesting at her house was tactically
unwise and shouldn't be done - but I am utterly unable to
identify with her plight on any level.
https://t.co/1YRAY8DuWC

- Matthew Yglesias (@mattyglesias) November 8, 2018

Presumably, if terrorizing Carlson's wife and four children was an
effective tactic, Yglesias would be fine with it.

In the wake of his untimely death, Yglesias tweeted "The world
outlook is slightly improved with @AndrewBrietbart dead."

Yikes RT @mattyglesias: Conventions around dead people
are ridiculous. The world outlook is slightly improved
with @AndrewBrietbart dead.

- Matt Vasilogambros (@MattVas) March 1, 2012

Vox Media is backed by big corporate money, including Comcast-owned
NBCUniversal to the tune of $200 million - an investment announced in
2015. The company laid off 50 employees in February 2018.
ANTIFA means "ANTI-First Amendment"
BTR1701
2018-11-10 01:45:20 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Vox.com co-founder Matthew Yglesias defended a group of left-wing
Antifa members terrorizing Tucker Carlson's wife.
On Wednesday night, a mob of about 20 members of a group called Smash
Racism, which is part of the left-wing terrorist group Antifa,
gathered outside the home of Fox News star Tucker Carlson. He was
preparing to go on the air at the time and not at home, but his wife
was, and according to video posted by the group itself, this was much
more than a protest.
Carlson told Fox News the terrorists "rang his doorbell, broke his
oak door" and that his wife "called the police and locked herself
into a pantry."
The attacker who would break down my door would do so during the final
five seconds of his life.
Post by Ubiquitous
Thankfully, Carlson's four children were not at home when Antifa
struck, but Yglesias obviously feels Carlson's _entire family_,
including his children, do not deserve empathy when terrorized.
I honestly cannot empathize with Tucker Carlson's wife at
all - I agree that protesting at her house was tactically
unwise and shouldn't be done - but I am utterly unable to
identify with her plight on any level.
Maybe if some demonstrator came to your house, Matt, and did the same
thing, you'd be able to identify with her plight. And since you've all
but endorsed this tactic, there'd be nothing wrong with someone doing
that to you, right?

Oh yeah, I forgot, it's 'different' when you guys do it. To thee, to
thee, but not for me, amirite?
FPP
2018-11-10 02:13:22 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Thankfully, Carlson's four children were not at home when Antifa
struck, but Yglesias obviously feels Carlson's _entire family_,
including his children, do not deserve empathy when terrorized.
I honestly cannot empathize with Tucker Carlson's wife at
all - I agree that protesting at her house was tactically
unwise and shouldn't be done - but I am utterly unable to
identify with her plight on any level.
Maybe if some demonstrator came to your house, Matt, and did the same
thing, you'd be able to identify with her plight. And since you've all
but endorsed this tactic, there'd be nothing wrong with someone doing
that to you, right?
Oh yeah, I forgot, it's 'different' when you guys do it. To thee, to
thee, but not for me, amirite?
Gee... over a dozen pipe bombs didn't bother you quite as much. Amirite?
--
TRUMP 2020
20 for Obstruction, and 20 for Treason.
NoBody
2018-11-10 15:40:14 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Thankfully, Carlson's four children were not at home when Antifa
struck, but Yglesias obviously feels Carlson's _entire family_,
including his children, do not deserve empathy when terrorized.
I honestly cannot empathize with Tucker Carlson's wife at
all - I agree that protesting at her house was tactically
unwise and shouldn't be done - but I am utterly unable to
identify with her plight on any level.
Maybe if some demonstrator came to your house, Matt, and did the same
thing, you'd be able to identify with her plight. And since you've all
but endorsed this tactic, there'd be nothing wrong with someone doing
that to you, right?
Oh yeah, I forgot, it's 'different' when you guys do it. To thee, to
thee, but not for me, amirite?
Gee... over a dozen pipe bombs didn't bother you quite as much. Amirite?
Were any of those "bombs" actual bombs, FPP?

FPP
2018-11-10 02:12:20 UTC
The Civility Pledge
* will be civil in my public discourse and behavior.
* will be respectful of others whether or not I agree with them.
* will stand against incivility when I see it.
Vox.com co-founder Matthew Yglesias defended a group of left-wing
Antifa members terrorizing Tucker Carlson's wife.
Perhaps she was ugly, like Ted Cruz' wife?
Then it's OK, according to our president.
--
TRUMP 2020
20 for Obstruction, and 20 for Treason.