Police called for report of large feline predator
2020-08-04 07:31:24 UTC
https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/24/panther-loose-clinging-park-bench-turned-stuffed-toy-13032099/
Rhino
2020-08-04 14:30:54 UTC
https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/24/panther-loose-clinging-park-bench-turned-stuffed-toy-13032099/
The last sentence of that story made me wonder how many rounds the
police put into the stuffed toy before they realized what it was. Out of
an abundance of caution, of course.
2020-08-04 19:13:01 UTC
The last sentence of that story made me >wonder how many rounds the
police

We're talking about the UK.

Now if was the US, they would have the
whole SWAT team out with dosens of
heavily armed men wearing more padding
than a football player and combat boots.
:O)

[Reality: Animal control gets called out.]
Rhino
2020-08-04 19:36:20 UTC
The last sentence of that story made me >wonder how many rounds the
police
We're talking about the UK.
Yes, I can read.
Post by Rhino
Now if was the US, they would have the
whole SWAT team out with dosens of
heavily armed men wearing more padding
than a football player and combat boots.
:O)
[Reality: Animal control gets called out.]
The UK also have Armed Response Units and I have to imagine they would
get called out if anyone believed there was an actual panther on the
loose. They might well decide to put a few rounds into "panther" just to
be sure it wasn't a threat, especially if a gust of wind made the
"panther" move a little.
2020-08-04 20:50:45 UTC
https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/24/panther-loose-clinging-park-bench-turned-stuffed-toy-13032099/
The last sentence of that story made me wonder how many rounds the
police put into the stuffed toy before they realized what it was. Out of
an abundance of caution, of course.
"‘It may be a stuffed toy, but the attending officers didn’t necessarily
know that at first.’"

The complete lack of movement by the "panther" wasn't in the least bit
suspicious or curious?

(I also can't help feeling that there is some heart-broken kid out there
now who lost their favorite stuffed animal.)
<to be filled in at a later date>
Pete
2020-08-04 18:22:38 UTC
https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/24/panther-loose-clinging-park-bench-turned-stuffed-toy-13032099/
A few weeks ago (don't have the link) there was a BBC report of "A Tiger
in the woods", that also turned out to be a toy. We have a trend!
(Or a prankster?)

-- Pete --
alvey
2020-08-04 21:06:51 UTC
On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 07:31:24 -0000 (UTC), Adam H. Kerman wrote:

Another day, another pointless OT thread by Kermie.