Emmy Winner Dies 2 Weeks After Attending Ceremony with Unmasked Celebrities
2021-10-07 11:16:01 UTC
BRIDGERTON Emmy winner Marc Elliot Pilcher, 53, died of Covid-19 on Sunday
two weeks after attending the 73rd Emmy Awards in Los Angeles.

Pilcher was double vaccinated and had no underlying conditions.

"It is with the deepest of hearts we confirm that Marc Elliot Pilcher,
Academy Award Nominee and Emmy Award winning hair and makeup
designer/stylist, passed away after a battle with Covid-19 on Sunday 3rd
October 2021," his family told Variety in a statement via Curtis Brown.

According to his family, Pilcher tested negative for Covid-19 in order to
attend the 'fully vaccinated' Emmy award ceremony in Los Angeles where
celebrities flitted about maskless.

Variety reported Pilcher took and tested negative on several Covid tests in
order to fly from the UK to Los Angeles to accept his Emmy statuette.

Shortly after Pilcher returned to the UK, he fell ill and died from Covid.

Only the hired help was required to mask up last month at the Emmys. L.A.
health officials said the celebrities didn't violate the county's mask
mandate because special exceptions have been made for Hollywood elites.

The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health said the maskless Emmys
were not in violation of the county's mask mandate because "exceptions are
made for film, television, and music productions since additional safety
modifications are made for such events".

It appears the award ceremony full of 'sophisticated, vaccinated people'm
turned out to be a deadly super-spreader.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/10/double-vaccinated-emmy-winner-dies-covid-19-two-weeks-attending-award-ceremony-unmasked-celebrities/
anim8rfsk
If that means it sounds fishy, I can't Google why.
trotsky
2021-10-07 16:14:50 UTC
BRIDGERTON Emmy winner Marc Elliot Pilcher, 53, died of Covid-19 on Sunday
two weeks after attending the 73rd Emmy Awards in Los Angeles.
Pilcher was double vaccinated and had no underlying conditions.
From Google, per the CDC site:

Common question
What is the incubation period of COVID-19?

Based on existing literature, the incubation period (the time from
exposure to development of symptoms) of SARS-CoV-2 and other
coronaviruses (e.g., MERS-CoV, SARS-CoV) ranges from 2–14 days.

Clinical Questions about COVID-19 - CDC

So let's see--common sense, which you have none of, dictates that per
the incubation time the Emmy's was at the ass end of the time given
which means he was more likely to have picked it up somewhere. Flying
most likely. But don't let me get in the why of your Proud Boys version
of distorted facts.
David Johnston
2021-10-07 17:35:57 UTC
It appears the award ceremony full of 'sophisticated, vaccinated people'm
turned out to be a deadly super-spreader.
If one guy died from attending (rather than, say, from the 12 hour
flight to get there or the cab ride home) but nobody else got infected
then then that's a misuse of the term "super-spreader"
shawn
2021-10-07 22:03:20 UTC
On Thu, 7 Oct 2021 11:35:57 -0600, David Johnston
Post by David Johnston
Post by BTR1701
It appears the award ceremony full of 'sophisticated, vaccinated people'm
turned out to be a deadly super-spreader.
If one guy died from attending (rather than, say, from the 12 hour
flight to get there or the cab ride home) but nobody else got infected
then then that's a misuse of the term "super-spreader"
And how would they know he got Covid at the event and not at some
point on his trip to the ceremony and back home? After all they tested
everyone who attended the event so it seems more likely he contracted
the disease somewhere along the way to the event and not at the event.
Adam H. Kerman
2021-10-07 22:12:54 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by BTR1701
It appears the award ceremony full of 'sophisticated, vaccinated people'm
turned out to be a deadly super-spreader.
If one guy died from attending (rather than, say, from the 12 hour
flight to get there or the cab ride home) but nobody else got infected
then then that's a misuse of the term "super-spreader"
And how would they know he got Covid at the event and not at some
point on his trip to the ceremony and back home?
How is "you can't prove it" a valid excuse for violating the masking rule?
Why are you apologizing for celebrity misconduct?
Post by shawn
After all they tested everyone who attended the event so it seems more
likely he contracted the disease somewhere along the way to the event
and not at the event.
A year and a half into this and the two of you are still saying
nonsensical false things that should get you investigated by the FBI.

A superspreader, Johnston, is someone who exudes so high a viral load
that anyone within six to twelve feet, indoors, could become infected,
or someone entering the viral cloud even though the superspreader moved
away could become infected. It doesn't mean that he infected a large
number of people. After all, we still don't know who gets infected
unless it's confirmed.

Testing doesn't rule out that someone is in a superspreader period. I'm
sure I've correct you on that a couple of dozen times. We don't have a
test to identify a superspreader. If we did, the pandemic would be over
right quick 'cuz we'd be able to identify those who need to be
quarantined for a couple of days and then we could tell when they are
past the superspreading period and let them out of quarantine.

The whole point of criticizing the Emmys for refusal to wear masks
indoors is they cannot be ruled out.

Of course, the way people wear masks, masks don't work, so who cares.
shawn
2021-10-07 23:09:50 UTC
On Thu, 7 Oct 2021 22:12:54 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
Post by David Johnston
Post by BTR1701
It appears the award ceremony full of 'sophisticated, vaccinated people'm
turned out to be a deadly super-spreader.
If one guy died from attending (rather than, say, from the 12 hour
flight to get there or the cab ride home) but nobody else got infected
then then that's a misuse of the term "super-spreader"
And how would they know he got Covid at the event and not at some
point on his trip to the ceremony and back home?
How is "you can't prove it" a valid excuse for violating the masking rule?
Why are you apologizing for celebrity misconduct?
Ah, Adam. I can always count on you to question me on things that I
didn't say. I never commented on what the celebrities did or didn't do
as that wasn't the point of my comment.
Adam H. Kerman
2021-10-07 23:15:07 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by BTR1701
It appears the award ceremony full of 'sophisticated, vaccinated people'm
turned out to be a deadly super-spreader.
If one guy died from attending (rather than, say, from the 12 hour
flight to get there or the cab ride home) but nobody else got infected
then then that's a misuse of the term "super-spreader"
And how would they know he got Covid at the event and not at some
point on his trip to the ceremony and back home?
How is "you can't prove it" a valid excuse for violating the masking rule?
Why are you apologizing for celebrity misconduct?
Ah, Adam. I can always count on you to question me on things that I
didn't say. I never commented on what the celebrities did or didn't do
as that wasn't the point of my comment.
Then what was the point of "and how would they know", given that he
could have encountered the superspreader at any of a variety of
locations during a 24 hour period, if you aren't trying to let
celebrities off the hook?

I never really understand why you challenge other people's statements
without taking the opposite viewpoint.

Make an explicit statement, then. Given that there was a masking rule,
should celebrities have complied with it or should there have been an
exceptioh for celebrities that applied to no one else?
shawn
2021-10-08 00:20:23 UTC
On Thu, 7 Oct 2021 23:15:07 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
Post by David Johnston
Post by BTR1701
[...]
I didn't comment on it because I don't know all the facts in the case
and those play a big part in what is allowed. I seem to recall someone
posting that there is an exception to the masking requirement in
certain situations (such as testing all attendees and requiring
everyone to be vaccinated.) If that's the rule then that's the rule.
We can argue over whether that should be allowed or not but that's a
different topic. I don't if that's the actual rule or not so I'll
leave that to others.
BTR1701
2021-10-08 00:44:59 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by BTR1701
[...]
Even among the attendees, only the gilded class were allowed to flit abou
unmasked, hugging and kissing their fellow elites. All the hired help, who
one assumes, were subjected to the same requirements as our precious, preciou
celebrities, still had to wear masks.
trotsky
2021-10-08 10:41:14 UTC
I didn't comment on it because I don't know all the facts in the case
and those play a big part in what is allowed. I seem to recall someone
posting that there is an exception to the masking requirement in
certain situations (such as testing all attendees and requiring
everyone to be vaccinated.) If that's the rule then that's the rule.
We can argue over whether that should be allowed or not but that's a
different topic. I don't if that's the actual rule or not so I'll
leave that to others.
Even among the attendees, only the gilded class were allowed to flit about
unmasked, hugging and kissing their fellow elites. All the hired help, who,
one assumes, were subjected to the same requirements as our precious, precious
celebrities, still had to wear masks.
So you're worried about the celebs getting covid then? Because that
seems hypocritical.
Adam H. Kerman
2021-10-08 01:00:36 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by BTR1701
[...]
You have all the facts there are, shawn. It's been discussed and
reported on for weeks, now. You had enough facts to comment, "and how
would they know".
Post by shawn
I seem to recall someone
posting that there is an exception to the masking requirement in
certain situations (such as testing all attendees and requiring
everyone to be vaccinated.) If that's the rule then that's the rule.
It was an exception made for the benefit of this specific event so
celebrities wouldn't have to wear masks, something that you very well
understand. It sounds like you think the exception made for no masks
that benefitted celebrities was the right thing to do.

Testing doesn't prevent superspreading, particularly with Delta variant,
as the test tells you about the infection from several days back and
superspreading can start as early as Day 2 of the infection, when there
aren't tests. We don't have tests that pick up the infection till Day 3
at the earliest.
Post by shawn
We can argue over whether that should be allowed or not but that's a
different topic. I don't if that's the actual rule or not so I'll
leave that to others.
You have all the information you need, shawn, to judge whether an
exception should have been made for this event, a judgment good enough
for Usenet GIVEN THAT YOU ALREADY EXPRESSED AN OPINION. You expressed
contrary sentiments but you didn't back them up. And you won't answer
the straight question I put to you but you accused me of putting words
in your mouth.
shawn
2021-10-08 04:17:24 UTC
On Fri, 8 Oct 2021 01:00:36 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
Post by David Johnston
Post by BTR1701
[...]
Okay, so you know all then perhaps you know why I didn't comment. I
don't care enough about what a bunch of celebrities do in California.
I get why BTR cares as it is his current home.
I seem to recall someone
posting that there is an exception to the masking requirement in
certain situations (such as testing all attendees and requiring
everyone to be vaccinated.) If that's the rule then that's the rule.
It was an exception made for the benefit of this specific event so
celebrities wouldn't have to wear masks, something that you very well
understand. It sounds like you think the exception made for no masks
that benefitted celebrities was the right thing to do.
Well if it was an exception then so be it. I can't see the celebs as
doing anything wrong there but I do see plenty of room for complaints
against the people making the exception for them. There's no
particular need here so I don't see why the event got an exception
We can argue over whether that should be allowed or not but that's a
different topic. I don't if that's the actual rule or not so I'll
leave that to others.
You have all the information you need, shawn, to judge whether an
exception should have been made for this event, a judgment good enough
for Usenet GIVEN THAT YOU ALREADY EXPRESSED AN OPINION. You expressed
contrary sentiments but you didn't back them up. And you won't answer
the straight question I put to you but you accused me of putting words
in your mouth.
Okay, Adam. If you say I expressed an opinion then I must have. Funny
how the opinion you think I had isn't the one I actually had. I just
didn't care enough to comment as nothing I had to say would have added
anything to the conversation.
The Horny Goat
2021-10-08 03:28:57 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Then what was the point of "and how would they know", given that he
could have encountered the superspreader at any of a variety of
locations during a 24 hour period, if you aren't trying to let
celebrities off the hook?
I never really understand why you challenge other people's statements
without taking the opposite viewpoint.
Make an explicit statement, then. Given that there was a masking rule,
should celebrities have complied with it or should there have been an
exceptioh for celebrities that applied to no one else?
You mean how Canada is currently allowing only fully vaccinated
Americans to enter Canada but totally unvaccinated NBA players are
also allowed to enter since the health and welfare of the Toronto
Raptors is deemed a "national interest"?

(Wish the Canadian government had shown nearly so much interest when a
Tennessee raider bought the Vancouver Grizzlies with the express
intent of moving them out of Vancouver - and how ironic it was that
after seven years in Vancouver and seven years in Memphis the
Vancouver Province published an article demonstrating with statistics
that attendance was higher in Vancouver? Obviously this was long
before we all learned the ghastly C-word!)
Adam H. Kerman
The Horny Goat
2021-10-08 05:01:27 UTC
On Fri, 8 Oct 2021 04:19:39 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
Post by The Horny Goat
You mean how Canada is currently allowing only fully vaccinated
Americans to enter Canada but totally unvaccinated NBA players are
also allowed to enter since the health and welfare of the Toronto
Raptors is deemed a "national interest"?
Hah!
Canadians outside Toronto have long scorned Toronto people for
referring to everything impacting Toronto as "Canadian" or "National".
In fact the summer fair there is called the "Canadian National
Exhibition" (the one in Vancouver is called the "Pacific National
Exhibtion" - both are major regional fairs as is the Calgary Stampede)

Similarly there is the "National Golf Course of Canada" located in
Woodbridge, ON reasonably close to Toronto...
https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+National+Golf+Club+of+Canada/@43.7656591,-79.5024067,11.5z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x882b2577cdfbd1a5:0x5421759566fbb2a1!8m2!3d43.8100532!4d-79.5766324

The Toronto Blue Jays are often referred to as "Canada's national
team" which enraged Montrealers until the Expos decamped to Washington
DC and changed their name.
moviePig
Hey, at least *you* get questioned. *I* go straight to sworn hearsay...
David Johnston
2021-10-07 23:15:20 UTC
Post by shawn
After all they tested everyone who attended the event so it seems more
likely he contracted the disease somewhere along the way to the event
and not at the event.
A year and a half into this and the two of you are still saying
nonsensical false things that should get you investigated by the FBI.
A superspreader, Johnston, is someone who exudes so high a viral load
that anyone within six to twelve feet, indoors, could become infected,
superspreader
[ˈso͞opərˌspredər]
NOUN
a person who transmits an infectious disease or agent to an unexpectedly
or unusually large number of other people.

So, who else got infected?
Adam H. Kerman
2021-10-07 23:22:04 UTC
Post by shawn
After all they tested everyone who attended the event so it seems more
likely he contracted the disease somewhere along the way to the event
and not at the event.
A year and a half into this and the two of you are still saying
nonsensical false things that should get you investigated by the FBI.
A superspreader, Johnston, is someone who exudes so high a viral load
that anyone within six to twelve feet, indoors, could become infected,
superspreader
NOUN
a person who transmits an infectious disease or agent to an unexpectedly
or unusually large number of other people.
So, who else got infected?
You're just being stupid here. It's impossible to prove who is in a
superspreading period and who got exposed until it becomes obvious that
someone has symptoms and contact tracing is attempted.

It's exceedingly unlikely that he was infected by someone NOT in the
superspreading phase of the disease. No, it's not impossible.
David Johnston
2021-10-08 18:59:41 UTC
Post by shawn
After all they tested everyone who attended the event so it seems more
likely he contracted the disease somewhere along the way to the event
and not at the event.
A year and a half into this and the two of you are still saying
nonsensical false things that should get you investigated by the FBI.
A superspreader, Johnston, is someone who exudes so high a viral load
that anyone within six to twelve feet, indoors, could become infected,
superspreader
NOUN
a person who transmits an infectious disease or agent to an unexpectedly
or unusually large number of other people.
So, who else got infected?
You're just being stupid here. It's impossible to prove who is in a
superspreading period and who got exposed until it becomes obvious that
someone has symptoms and contact tracing is attempted.
We've had weeks to notice an outbreak among Emmy attenders and that is
not a thing that would go unnoticed the way an outbreak among people on
a certain transatlantic flight or using a certain cab might,.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
It's exceedingly unlikely that he was infected by someone NOT in the
superspreading phase of the disease. No, it's not impossible.
It's pretty likely that his vaccination just failed to work. The failure
rate is small but it isn't infinitesimal.
Adam H. Kerman
2021-10-08 20:10:29 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by shawn
[...]
You've just declared victory based on that you've somehow proved the
negative. Congratulations, Johnston.
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
It's exceedingly unlikely that he was infected by someone NOT in the
superspreading phase of the disease. No, it's not impossible.
It's pretty likely that his vaccination just failed to work. The failure
rate is small but it isn't infinitesimal.
What does that have to do with your misunderstanding of who is a
superspreader? He still had to be exposed to a superspreader to become
infected as the disease doesn't develop spontaneously.
David Johnston
2021-10-08 20:25:14 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by shawn
[...]
I can also look around my living room and see that it does not contain a
full-sized elephant. It is not impossible to prove the negative if it
would be impossible to overlook the positive.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
It's exceedingly unlikely that he was infected by someone NOT in the
superspreading phase of the disease. No, it's not impossible.
It's pretty likely that his vaccination just failed to work. The failure
rate is small but it isn't infinitesimal.
What does that have to do with your misunderstanding of who is a
superspreader? He still had to be exposed to a superspreader to become
infected as the disease doesn't develop spontaneously.
No he didn't. He could have easily just been exposed to a normally
infectious person.
Adam H. Kerman
2021-10-08 20:57:21 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
Post by shawn
[...]
With COVID, symptomless people have no idea they're infected, something
you should have learned a year and a half ago.
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
It's exceedingly unlikely that he was infected by someone NOT in the
superspreading phase of the disease. No, it's not impossible.
It's pretty likely that his vaccination just failed to work. The failure
rate is small but it isn't infinitesimal.
What does that have to do with your misunderstanding of who is a
superspreader? He still had to be exposed to a superspreader to become
infected as the disease doesn't develop spontaneously.
No he didn't. He could have easily just been exposed to a normally
infectious person.
Well, that's just Johnston being stupid and wrong. Exposure to someone
who is infected but isn't in a superspreading phase means that the
disease isn't "easily" communicated. Again, it's possible but far less
likely to become infected versus being surrounded by the viral cloud
emitted by the superspreader.
David Johnston
2021-10-09 01:04:16 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
Post by shawn
[...]
If symptoms were really rare the nearest hospital to me wouldn't be
packed with people requiring treatment
Adam H. Kerman
2021-10-09 01:15:12 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
Post by shawn
[...]
They all got infected from people showing explicit syptoms? I don't think so.

Like nearly everyone else, they got infected from a superspreader who
showed no explicit symptoms.
David Johnston
2021-10-14 08:28:19 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
Post by shawn
[...]
You don't have to be a superspreader to infect someone. In fact most
infections aren't from superspreaders.
Adam H. Kerman
You keep repeating that, but you would be lying.
David Johnston
2021-10-15 03:53:40 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
Post by David Johnston
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
[...]
Look I cited the definition of "super spreader" early on. It wasn't
"anyone who ever infects anyone, ever".
Adam H. Kerman
2021-10-15 04:29:54 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
Post by David Johnston
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Like nearly everyone else, they got infected from a superspreader who
showed no explicit symptoms.
You don't have to be a superspreader to infect someone. In fact most
infections aren't from superspreaders.
You keep repeating that, but you would be lying.
Look I cited the definition of "super spreader" early on. It wasn't
"anyone who ever infects anyone, ever".
Ah. You've assigned a straw man position to me, 'cuz you suck at
arguing.

I already explained it to you but you weren't listening.

With the earlier variants, typically during days 3, 4, and 5 of the
infection, the infectee spews a massive viral load that lingers in the
air that anyone walking through it is highly likely to get infected.
That's the superspreading period and it is typical of infectees and not
rare by any means.

With Delta variant, the superspreading period is days 2, 3, and 4, and
THAT means that none of the tests we have to detect COVID-19 will
identify that superspreader on Day 2 of the infection. The instant test
tells you his condition from days earlier, and the test that has to be
sent to the lab takes too long to process, overnight or within 2 days.

For those who show symptoms, which still isn't everyone, that's on Days
5 to 12. If these people go into quarantine due to showing symptoms,
it's probably unnecessary at this point because they aren't as likely to
infect anyone else as they were during their superspreading period.

People infect family members or members of the same household because
they have no idea they are in a superspreading period as it's
symptomless.

The superspreading period has to do with the viral overload the body is
producing AND NOT a count of subsequent infections traced to a single
person.

After more than a year and a half into the pandemic, you really lack a
clue as to why COVID-19 has been so insideous: Those infected who are
most likely to spread the disease don't show symptoms and there is no
test to identify a superspreader.

Must I repeat it yet again or are you going to stop pretending you don't
understand the basics of how COVID-19 spreads?

The Horny Goat
2021-10-08 20:31:16 UTC
On Fri, 8 Oct 2021 12:59:41 -0600, David Johnston
Post by David Johnston
We've had weeks to notice an outbreak among Emmy attenders and that is
not a thing that would go unnoticed the way an outbreak among people on
a certain transatlantic flight or using a certain cab might,.
I don't think that point's valid.

I was in Hong Kong during the first breakout in the spring of 2003
though it was first isolated in 4 adjacent high rise apartment
buildings far out in the "New Territories". (It did not significantly
spread beyond that neighbourhood until I was home) Since I never went
within 5 miles of that location my wife judged the risk low and let me
come to bed that night.

When I left HK the newspapers knew there was a problem but didn't know
enough to sound the alarm. (But once I got home and heard I was
following the South China Morning Post website for daily for 2-3 weeks
and counting my lucky stars)

During the following week there were a pair of Filipena sisters who
worked in Hong Kong and flew to Canada (direct flight to Vancouver
before the flight carried on to Toronto) on a Friday. The Vancouver
sister woke up Saturday feeling ill, went to emergency and was
diagnosed and isolated. The Toronto sister felt fine and attended a
wedding then danced the night away that evening. Sunday morning she
felt ill and initially attributed it to jet lag but by Sunday evening
was ill enough to go to hospital.

I can't remember how many cases there were in Canada but it was
something like 5-10 in Vancouver, 100-200 in Toronto. Both were
considered to be "super spreaders" (and had sat next to each other on
their flight) but one isolated before she had the chance to infect
anybody.

They DIDN'T get infected on the flight but no question there were a
couple of hundred people exposed though nothing on the scale of those
at the wedding....

Now obviously SARS is not COVID but they are related and experts say
the infection pattern was somewhat similar particularly in the first
half of 2020.
trotsky
Interesting anecdote.
RichA
2021-10-08 21:55:07 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
It's exceedingly unlikely that he was infected by someone NOT in the
superspreading phase of the disease. No, it's not impossible.
It's pretty likely that his vaccination just failed to work. The failure
rate is small but it isn't infinitesimal.
the left media made a big deal out of a football game a few weeks ago where they had tens of thousands in the stands, no spacing and virtually no masks.
Guess what happened? Nothing.
The Horny Goat
2021-10-07 23:54:15 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Testing doesn't rule out that someone is in a superspreader period. I'm
sure I've correct you on that a couple of dozen times. We don't have a
test to identify a superspreader. If we did, the pandemic would be over
right quick 'cuz we'd be able to identify those who need to be
quarantined for a couple of days and then we could tell when they are
past the superspreading period and let them out of quarantine.
If your hypothetical test gave 100% accuracy and instant response
sure.

If your test was only 95% right and took 6 hours to give a result not
so much.

Besides even a doubly vaccinated person can get COVID - my daughter is
one who did (and has recovered without long-term results) and now
probably has one of the highest anti-body loads in the country - at
least until the next mutation comes along.

She is 32, fairly athletic and in my opinion far less endangered than
her 65 year old sedentary anti-vax anti-mask mother. (Who has with
great kvetching has mostly stayed home these last 10-12 months)

My daughter has flown internationally since her COVID infection and
has been in quite close quarters with very young children and plans on
attending a wedding in the next 6 weeks. (And certainly wouldn't have
done any of that without the two thumbs up from her doctor)
moviePig
2021-10-07 22:42:05 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by BTR1701
It appears the award ceremony full of 'sophisticated, vaccinated people'm
turned out to be a deadly super-spreader.
If one guy died from attending (rather than, say, from the 12 hour
flight to get there or the cab ride home) but nobody else got infected
then then that's a misuse of the term "super-spreader"
And how would they know he got Covid at the event and not at some
point on his trip to the ceremony and back home? After all they tested
everyone who attended the event so it seems more likely he contracted
the disease somewhere along the way to the event and not at the event.
Am I the only one concerned that a healthy, financially able, vaccinated
guy died of Covid? Wasn't that supposed to be really, really rare?...
shawn
2021-10-07 23:13:20 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by BTR1701
It appears the award ceremony full of 'sophisticated, vaccinated people'm
turned out to be a deadly super-spreader.
If one guy died from attending (rather than, say, from the 12 hour
flight to get there or the cab ride home) but nobody else got infected
then then that's a misuse of the term "super-spreader"
And how would they know he got Covid at the event and not at some
point on his trip to the ceremony and back home? After all they tested
everyone who attended the event so it seems more likely he contracted
the disease somewhere along the way to the event and not at the event.
Am I the only one concerned that a healthy, financially able, vaccinated
guy died of Covid? Wasn't that supposed to be really, really rare?...
It is rare, but not impossible. That said while the article says he
had no underlying conditions that means there were no known health
issues. I suppose it's possible he had some unknown issue that Covid
complicated leading to his death. If so I'm sure that information will
come out in due course as I expect there will be an autopsy to figure
out just what happened with someone supposedly otherwise healthy dying
so quickly from the disease.
Adam H. Kerman
2021-10-07 23:17:43 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by BTR1701
It appears the award ceremony full of 'sophisticated, vaccinated people'm
turned out to be a deadly super-spreader.
If one guy died from attending (rather than, say, from the 12 hour
flight to get there or the cab ride home) but nobody else got infected
then then that's a misuse of the term "super-spreader"
And how would they know he got Covid at the event and not at some
point on his trip to the ceremony and back home? After all they tested
everyone who attended the event so it seems more likely he contracted
the disease somewhere along the way to the event and not at the event.
Am I the only one concerned that a healthy, financially able, vaccinated
guy died of Covid? Wasn't that supposed to be really, really rare?...
It is rare, but not impossible.
Hold it. You are a thinking person and don't share moviePig's point of
view. Of course it's impossible. How would the germ know any potential
infectees financial ability?
so quickly from the disease.
BTR1701
2021-10-08 00:40:42 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by BTR1701
It appears the award ceremony full of 'sophisticated, vaccinated people'm
turned out to be a deadly super-spreader.
If one guy died from attending (rather than, say, from the 12 hour
flight to get there or the cab ride home) but nobody else got infected
then then that's a misuse of the term "super-spreader"
And how would they know he got Covid at the event and not at some
point on his trip to the ceremony and back home? After all they tested
everyone who attended the event so it seems more likely he contracted
the disease somewhere along the way to the event and not at the event.
Am I the only one concerned that a healthy, financially able, vaccinated
guy died of Covid? Wasn't that supposed to be really, really rare?...
There's a lot lately that doesn't seem to be adding up. For instance, othe
countries are reporting the exact opposite of what we're being told here
We're being told that the vast majority of hospitalizations in the U.S. ar
the unvaxxed, but other countries are reporting that the vast majority o
their hospitalized patients are the *vaxxed*.

Here's Australia:

AUSTRALIA: Victoria - Hospitalizations
78% fully vaccinated
17% partially vaccinated

https://twitter.com/BernieSpofforth/status/1442798278261846021?s=20

Israel is reporting the same thing.
moviePig
2021-10-08 02:48:18 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by BTR1701
It appears the award ceremony full of 'sophisticated, vaccinated people'm
turned out to be a deadly super-spreader.
If one guy died from attending (rather than, say, from the 12 hour
flight to get there or the cab ride home) but nobody else got infected
then then that's a misuse of the term "super-spreader"
And how would they know he got Covid at the event and not at some
point on his trip to the ceremony and back home? After all they tested
everyone who attended the event so it seems more likely he contracted
the disease somewhere along the way to the event and not at the event.
Am I the only one concerned that a healthy, financially able, vaccinated
guy died of Covid? Wasn't that supposed to be really, really rare?...
There's a lot lately that doesn't seem to be adding up. For instance, other
countries are reporting the exact opposite of what we're being told here.
We're being told that the vast majority of hospitalizations in the U.S. are
the unvaxxed, but other countries are reporting that the vast majority of
their hospitalized patients are the *vaxxed*.
AUSTRALIA: Victoria - Hospitalizations
78% fully vaccinated
17% partially vaccinated
https://twitter.com/BernieSpofforth/status/1442798278261846021?s=20
Israel is reporting the same thing.
I don't know how to stack that up against, e.g.:

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/australias-victoria-reports-1377-new-covid-19-cases-2021-10-03/

...which is the latest item I could Google.
shawn
2021-10-08 04:09:13 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by BTR1701
[...]
I don't know but it could be merely that we have a significant portion
of the population that isn't vaccinated so we end up with more
hospitalizations among the unvaxxed, while other countries like the
UK/Aus have a majority of their population vaxxed so they end up with
a higher percentage of the hospitalized being vaxxed. After all if
someone has underlying health conditions and ends up catching the
virus (even if vaxxed) it isn't surprising that they may end up being
hospitalized.
Adam H. Kerman
RichA
2021-10-07 23:22:58 UTC
Guy was a mesomorph, they die young.
Neill Massello
2021-10-09 02:00:21 UTC
BRIDGERTON Emmy winner Marc Elliot Pilcher, 53, died of Covid-19 on Sunday
two weeks after attending the 73rd Emmy Awards in Los Angeles.
Has anybody heard from Cedric?