What Did You Watch? 2020-11-20 (Friday)
2020-11-21 09:30:41 UTC

THE HORROR OF PARTY BEACH:
As part of "Shout Factory" channel's "What The Friday?" lineup, they
played this moviefeaturing monsters that looked like the creature from
the black lagoon with a mouthfull of hotdogs. They destroyed them by
throwing chunks of sodium at them. Oh yeah, there was a racially
insensitive Aunt Jermema as well.

BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS:
AKA "John-Boy Walton in Space".

"We have put together, I think, the most extensive and and inclusive
voter fraud organization in the history of American politics."
- Joe Biden

#StopTheSteal
Ian J. Ball
2020-11-21 17:52:53 UTC
Not feelin' it today.

Besides, I graded pretty much all day yesterday, so all I got through
were soaps, and an episode of "L.A.'s Finest".

I'll try to do a two-day tomorrow...
2020-11-21 18:34:06 UTC
Not feelin' it today.
Besides, I graded pretty much all day yesterday, so all I got through
were soaps, and an episode of "L.A.'s Finest".
I'll try to do a two-day tomorrow...
I finished the latest season of 'Archer'. This season had Archer out of
his coma and back to being a non-government spy for his mother's spy
agency. (Maybe. There were hints in late season episodes that all may
not be what it seems.) So basically back to the original premise. The
very well worn original premise that they spent several seasons getting
away from.

Reached its "sell by" date for me. Probably not entirely the show's
fault, I've been a lot less enthusiastic about watching TV lately.
<to be filled in at a later date>
Robin Miller
2020-11-21 19:10:11 UTC
Not feelin' it today.
Besides, I graded pretty much all day yesterday, so all I got through
were soaps, and an episode of "L.A.'s Finest".
I'll try to do a two-day tomorrow...
I finished the latest season of 'Archer'.  This season had Archer out of
his coma and back to being a non-government spy for his mother's spy
agency.  (Maybe.  There were hints in late season episodes that all may
not be what it seems.)  So basically back to the original premise.  The
very well worn original premise that they spent several seasons getting
away from.
Reached its "sell by" date for me.  Probably not entirely the show's
fault, I've been a lot less enthusiastic about watching TV lately.
There's not a lot of TV that seems worth watching right now. I used to
watch several of the CBS procedurals but have mostly lost interest.

For me right now, with Supernatural over, I think I'm down to SVU, NeXt
and Big Sky (which I have recorded but not watched yet).

--Robin
Ian J. Ball
2020-11-21 20:07:11 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Not feelin' it today.
Besides, I graded pretty much all day yesterday, so all I got through
were soaps, and an episode of "L.A.'s Finest".
I'll try to do a two-day tomorrow...
I finished the latest season of 'Archer'.  This season had Archer out
of his coma and back to being a non-government spy for his mother's spy
agency.  (Maybe.  There were hints in late season episodes that all may
not be what it seems.)  So basically back to the original premise.  The
very well worn original premise that they spent several seasons getting
away from.
Reached its "sell by" date for me.  Probably not entirely the show's
fault, I've been a lot less enthusiastic about watching TV lately.
There's not a lot of TV that seems worth watching right now. I used to
watch several of the CBS procedurals but have mostly lost interest.
I as well.

The mistake CBS made was letting many of their procedurals get too long
in the tooth (a number of them are pretty unwatchable now), and then
compounded the mistake by bringing on a slough of wretched "new"
("replacement") shows like wretched "Dumus Magdum (reboot!)",
"NuMacGyver (reboot!)", and "FBI" (which gets my vote as probably the
worst procedural *ever* - thanks, idiots, for hiring the awful Dick
Wolf!!).

But another part of it is that COVID has completely thrown off both my
"work" and my "home" schedules (as well as the general TV schedule). I
doubt I'd be watching 24/7 Christmas movies as "background noise" this
year, if it followed anything like my normal schedule!!
Post by Robin Miller
For me right now, with Supernatural over, I think I'm down to SVU, NeXt
and Big Sky (which I have recorded but not watched yet).
--Robin
A lot of what I'm watching on the networks is basically "one season
wonder" stuff, or Canadian imports this year - "Filthy Rich", "L.A.'s
Finest", "NeXt", "Big Sky", "Coroner" (which is actually quite
terrible!), and soon "Nurses".

I haven't even picked "Grey's" back up, or anything like that. Of the
returning shows, only "The Blacklist" has managed to "break through"
with me.

Then there's the (remaining) CW stuff - "The Outpost", "Pandora", and
in a couple of months "Legacies" and probably "Black Lightning" (final
season!).

But, yeah - my "network" viewing is likely to be pretty light this year.
Robin Miller
2020-11-21 20:08:57 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
For me right now, with Supernatural over, I think I'm down to SVU,
NeXt and Big Sky (which I have recorded but not watched yet).
--Robin
A lot of what I'm watching on the networks is basically "one season
wonder" stuff, or Canadian imports this year - "Filthy Rich", "L.A.'s
Finest", "NeXt", "Big Sky", "Coroner" (which is actually quite
terrible!), and soon "Nurses".
Yeah, I tried to watch Coroner, but I just couldn't ...

--Robin
BTR1701
FBI isn't nearly as bad as those NCIS shows or the likes of CSI:HORATIO.
Ian J. Ball
2020-11-21 22:07:47 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
[...]
Oh, it's hella *worse*. At least CSI:HORATIO was *fun*! (as was NCIS:LA
earlier on...).
2020-11-21 20:38:12 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
Not feelin' it today.
Besides, I graded pretty much all day yesterday, so all I got through
were soaps, and an episode of "L.A.'s Finest".
I'll try to do a two-day tomorrow...
I finished the latest season of 'Archer'.  This season had Archer out
of his coma and back to being a non-government spy for his mother's
spy agency.  (Maybe.  There were hints in late season episodes that
all may not be what it seems.)  So basically back to the original
premise.  The very well worn original premise that they spent several
seasons getting away from.
Reached its "sell by" date for me.  Probably not entirely the show's
fault, I've been a lot less enthusiastic about watching TV lately.
There's not a lot of TV that seems worth watching right now.
I like it when that happens. It lets me work my way through my movie
collection without falling too far behind on my DVR.

I used to
Post by Robin Miller
watch several of the CBS procedurals but have mostly lost interest.
Same.
Post by Robin Miller
For me right now, with Supernatural over, I think I'm down to SVU, NeXt
and Big Sky (which I have recorded but not watched yet).
--Robin
I watched:

The Mandalorian (Disney+) - "Chapter 12: The Siege" - They really
knocked it out of the park with this week's episode of Boba Fett, I mean
The Mandalorian. The Mandalorian sets down for some repairs on a
friendly planet where he hooks up with Greef Karga (Carl Weathers) and
Cara Dune (Gina Carano). Greef immediately asks for some help in
permanently shutting down an old imperial base to remove the last
remaining remnants of the empire on the planet. Of course he agrees and
this leads to an epic adventure where no expense was spared. Not only
were the battle sequences great, but they also heavily moved the plot
forward with the major revelations which once again tied this series
into not only the movie universe but the books and animated universe as
well. The final reveal at the end that this episode was directed by
Carl Weathers was very surprising. I had no idea he was a director.

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Reunion (HBO Max) The surviving cast of The
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air reunite for a really good retrospective. It was
full of clips and behind the scenes from the show, but after all of
these years it was still laugh out loud funny. But the highlight was
when the original "Aunt Viv" (Janet Hubert) returned for a raw one on
one with Will Smith, who she has blamed all of these years (and still
rightfully blames) for getting her fired from the show. Although as she
put it, she wasn't so much fired as refused to accept a low-ball offer
for the next season. As she further explained at the time she was in an
abusive relationship at home, and had just had a baby and was "moody" as
a result. It was nothing personal towards Smith, but he took it
personally. So she was gone. It appears that at the time the entire
cast rallied around Smith which was just more salt on the wound for her.
He sat their contrite the whole time and apologized to her for what
went down. This is a must watch for fans of the original series.

Warrior - I finished off the episode from last week. It was mostly
background noise and I already forgot what happened.

The Blacklist - "Katarina Rostova: Conclusion" - I just don't care any
more. This was all some nonsense about Liz not wanting Red to kill her
"mother." Can't this show go back to the FBI going after the crook of
the week? At this point, I am real close to dumping the series.
Adam H. Kerman
2020-11-21 21:18:36 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
[...]
SVU? You are in desperate need of an intervention. Mariska Hargitay's
looks have always appealed to me but not enough to watch that horrid
show for 22 seasons.