Missing spaceship
2019-03-14 13:42:23 UTC
Where the hell is The Orville?!

I just checked my cable service's interactive program guide to plan the
evening's TV watching, and, despite the fact that it's a sweeps month, I
was completely unable to find The Orville at its usual time (or anywhere
near it) on its usual channel.

No new episode, no rerun, no nothing. It's just *gone*.

What the hell happened? Did they finally cancel it? Why no fanfare?

I wish to hell the networks would actually tell viewers what the hell is
going on. For the past few years I've noticed more and more often shows
just jumping around, disappearing for weeks at a time, or even
disappearing and never coming back without any announcements or messages
telling people what to expect and why. Is it gone forever? Is it back in a
week or two? After Christmas? Did it move to another night or a different
time? Who knows! The only way to find out is to check the guide every day
and see if it reappears.

Is it too much to ask to a) stick to a regular schedule for months at a
time rather than only a week or two and b) when for some stupid reason you
really can't, put a blasted message at the end of the episode just before
the move/gap/whatever telling people where/when to find the next one? They
do do that *occasionally* -- "Next week's episode airs at a special time"
or similarly -- but all too often they just silently move stuff around...

Of course, whenever they screw around like this it plays hell with
programmed DVRs too, and no amount of alert messages would help with that.
The thing will record whatever is on at 10 pm, come hell or high water,
and if they yanked your show and replaced it with some stupid half-baked
movie or event or something instead, you'll get a chunk of that instead of
what you wanted.

Of course, people not getting what they want leads to people taking their
money (or their ad-viewing) elsewhere, so I have to question the
intelligence or motives of any businessman at a network that thinks
rearranging the schedule every three weeks is better than rearranging it
just once in May, once in September, and once in January like in the good
old days.
Roger Blake
2019-03-14 19:00:33 UTC
No new episode, no rerun, no nothing. It's just *gone*.
What the hell happened? Did they finally cancel it? Why no fanfare?
I read somewhere (don't remember where) that there is no new Orville
this week but it will return next week.

I don't know how many episodes are planned this season. A proper
television season on a real network should be 25-30 episodes or more from
fall to spring with reruns in the summer, but these days a lot of shows
seem to make do with 8-12 and call it done. Then you wait 1-2 years for
more. (For example, "Leave it to Beaver" had seasons that were 39 episodes
long. Star Trek TNG had relatively short seasons, most were 26 epiSodes.)

NSA sedition and treason -- http://www.DeathToNSAthugs.com
Don't talk to cops! -- http://www.DontTalkToCops.com
Badges don't grant extra rights -- http://www.CopBlock.org
2019-03-14 19:49:04 UTC
Post by Roger Blake
Post by anim8rfsk
No new episode, no rerun, no nothing. It's just *gone*.
What the hell happened? Did they finally cancel it? Why no fanfare?
I read somewhere (don't remember where) that there is no new Orville
this week but it will return next week.
I don't know how many episodes are planned this season. A proper
television season on a real network should be 25-30 episodes or more from
fall to spring with reruns in the summer, but these days a lot of shows
seem to make do with 8-12 and call it done. Then you wait 1-2 years for
more. (For example, "Leave it to Beaver" had seasons that were 39 episodes
long. Star Trek TNG had relatively short seasons, most were 26 epiSodes.)
Please stop feeding the troll. Ignore him. Experience has shown that he
sometimes goes away for months at a time if you do that.
2019-03-14 22:11:16 UTC
Post by Roger Blake
Post by anim8rfsk
No new episode, no rerun, no nothing. It's just *gone*.
What the hell happened? Did they finally cancel it? Why no fanfare?
I read somewhere (don't remember where) that there is no new Orville
this week but it will return next week.
I don't know how many episodes are planned this season. A proper
television season on a real network should be 25-30 episodes or more from
fall to spring with reruns in the summer, but these days a lot of shows
seem to make do with 8-12 and call it done. Then you wait 1-2 years for
more. (For example, "Leave it to Beaver" had seasons that were 39 episodes
long. Star Trek TNG had relatively short seasons, most were 26 epiSodes.)
Don't talk to Seamus.
Or whoever it is this week...
A Friend
2019-03-15 02:14:32 UTC
Don't talk to Seamus.
I think he was talking to himself. It didn't read like Roger.
anim8rfsk
2019-03-15 03:41:41 UTC
Don't talk to Seamus.
I think he was talking to himself. It didn't read like Roger.
It wasn't me at all. Look at the address, it's kluged but not mine.
2019-03-15 08:46:18 UTC
Don't talk to Seamus.
I think he was talking to himself. It didn't read like Roger.
It wasn't me at all. Look at the address, it's kluged but not mine.
No, that wasn't what I meant. I think seamus posted the original as
you and then replied (to himself) as Roger.
anim8rfsk
2019-03-15 07:45:57 UTC
Post by Roger Blake
Post by anim8rfsk
No new episode, no rerun, no nothing. It's just *gone*.
What the hell happened? Did they finally cancel it? Why no fanfare?
I read somewhere (don't remember where) that there is no new Orville
this week but it will return next week.
That's not surprising -- a lot of shows air reruns for at least some weeks
in March. The problem is, THE RERUN WAS MISSING. I could not find the show
AT ALL!

Why?
David Barnett
2019-03-15 00:49:24 UTC
Where the hell is The Orville?!
I just checked my cable service's interactive program guide to plan the
evening's TV watching, and, despite the fact that it's a sweeps month, I
was completely unable to find The Orville at its usual time (or anywhere
near it) on its usual channel.
No new episode, no rerun, no nothing. It's just *gone*.
What the hell happened? Did they finally cancel it? Why no fanfare?
Only missing a week here; returns March 22.
David Barnett
suzeeq
Another aockpuppet troll, David.
Rhino
2019-03-15 02:52:26 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by David Barnett
Post by anim8rfsk
Where the hell is The Orville?!
I just checked my cable service's interactive program guide to plan
the evening's TV watching, and, despite the fact that it's a sweeps
month, I was completely unable to find The Orville at its usual time
(or anywhere near it) on its usual channel.
No new episode, no rerun, no nothing. It's just *gone*.
What the hell happened? Did they finally cancel it? Why no fanfare?
Only missing a week here; returns March 22.
Another aockpuppet troll, David.
Another? Not really, just the same old Seamus using yet another sock....
Barry Margolin
2019-03-15 22:43:01 UTC
Where the hell is The Orville?!
I just checked my cable service's interactive program guide to plan the
evening's TV watching, and, despite the fact that it's a sweeps month, I
was completely unable to find The Orville at its usual time (or anywhere
near it) on its usual channel.
Hey, sockpuppet -- March is not a sweeps month.

The previews at the end of last week's Gotham and Orville both
billboarded that the next episode would be in 2 weeks. Fox ran the
iHeart Music Awards last night instead of both of them.
--
Barry Margolin
Arlington, MA
anim8rfsk
2019-03-16 10:50:52 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
Post by anim8rfsk
Where the hell is The Orville?!
I just checked my cable service's interactive program guide to plan the
evening's TV watching, and, despite the fact that it's a sweeps month,
I was completely unable to find The Orville at its usual time (or
anywhere near it) on its usual channel.
Hey, sockpuppet -- March is not a sweeps month.
Oops, my bad. Copy and paste error.
Post by Barry Margolin
The previews at the end of last week's Gotham and Orville both
billboarded that the next episode would be in 2 weeks.
No they didn't.
Post by Barry Margolin
Fox ran the iHeart Music Awards last night instead of both of them.
That would constitute incorrect behavior. Correct behavior is to give
these silly awards a timeslot of their own, which does not overlap
anything else. I suggest setting aside a two hour block on Saturdays to
air junk like that, and on weeks without such an event to put a random
movie on. That way these events don't interfere with weekly scripted
programming that should air EVERY week, at a PREDICTABLE time, like
CLOCKWORK, come hell or high water.
m***@hotmail.com
2019-03-16 22:22:13 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
Post by anim8rfsk
Where the hell is The Orville?!
I just checked my cable service's interactive program guide to plan the
evening's TV watching, and, despite the fact that it's a sweeps month, I
was completely unable to find The Orville at its usual time (or anywhere
near it) on its usual channel.
Hey, sockpuppet -- March is not a sweeps month.
There actually are previous examples of genre around the internet involving sweeps occurring during the month of March:

This from March 10, 2009 - "Dr. Phil and Oprah were the big winners of the week in syndication ratings ending March 1, the last full week before March sweeps".
-- https://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/syndication-ratings-dr-phil-gets-big-lift-octomom-34304