California - Things Can Only Get Better
Add Reply
thinbluemime CAN"T KEEP A GOOD MIME DOWN
2021-04-23 19:17:45 UTC
Caitlyn Jenner makes it official for California governor
Lachlan Markay, Alayna Treene, Jonathan Swan
https://www.axios.com/caitlyn-jenner-california-governor-run-710153ef-7a89-460d-b9ec-9efed2a9399f.html

Former Olympic decathlete and reality TV star Caitlyn Jenner on Friday officially announced her bid for governor of California.

The big picture: Jenner, a longtime Republican, is seeking to replace Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom in a recall election, hoping her celebrity status and name recognition can yield an upset in the nation's most populous state.

But in deep-blue California, she's decidedly not branding herself as a Trump Republican even as she's counting on some of the former president's advisers to drive her strategy.

She's assembled a team of prominent GOP operatives including Tony Fabrizio, the top pollster on Donald Trump's 2016 and 2020 campaigns, Ryan Erwin, founder of RedRock Strategies, and Tyler Deaton, president of Allegiance Strategies.

She's also hired Steven Cheung, a former Trump White House and campaign communications hand who worked on Arnold Schwarzenegger's successful 2003 recall campaign.

Trump's former campaign manager Brad Parscale, a personal friend of Jenner’s, has helped her assemble her team but doesn’t plan to take an official title on the campaign.

The campaign's website and WinRed donation page are set to go live today.
Jenner said in a statement that "Sacramento needs an honest leader with a clear vision" ... and a huge set of tits and balls

----------------

BTR1701
2021-04-23 19:41:06 UTC
Post by thinbluemime CAN"T KEEP A GOOD MIME DOWN
Caitlyn Jenner makes it official for California governor
Lachlan Markay, Alayna Treene, Jonathan Swan
https://www.axios.com/caitlyn-jenner-california-governor-run-710153ef-7a89-46
0d-b9ec-9efed2a9399f.html
Former Olympic decathlete and reality TV star Caitlyn Jenner on Friday
officially announced her bid for governor of California.
This is a 'progressive' nightmare.

The idea that the first trans-testicle governor could possibly be
<gasp!> a Republican is giving them a hilarious series of aneurysms.
Rhino
2021-04-23 20:15:34 UTC
Post by thinbluemime CAN"T KEEP A GOOD MIME DOWN
Caitlyn Jenner makes it official for California governor
Lachlan Markay, Alayna Treene, Jonathan Swan
https://www.axios.com/caitlyn-jenner-california-governor-run-710153ef-7a89-46
0d-b9ec-9efed2a9399f.html
Former Olympic decathlete and reality TV star Caitlyn Jenner on Friday
officially announced her bid for governor of California.
This is a 'progressive' nightmare.
The idea that the first trans-testicle governor could possibly be
<gasp!> a Republican is giving them a hilarious series of aneurysms.
I was thinking that the Dems couldn't possibly challenge Jenner because
of his trans- bona fides but the article I posted has examples in which
they already have.
Why were you thinking that?
Rhino
2021-04-23 22:09:10 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by thinbluemime CAN"T KEEP A GOOD MIME DOWN
Caitlyn Jenner makes it official for California governor
Lachlan Markay, Alayna Treene, Jonathan Swan
https://www.axios.com/caitlyn-jenner-california-governor-run-710153ef-7a89-46
  0d-b9ec-9efed2a9399f.html
Former Olympic decathlete and reality TV star Caitlyn Jenner on Friday
officially announced her bid for governor of California.
This is a 'progressive' nightmare.
The idea that the first trans-testicle governor could possibly be
<gasp!> a Republican is giving them a hilarious series of aneurysms.
I was thinking that the Dems couldn't possibly challenge Jenner
because of his trans- bona fides
Why were you thinking that?
Because they'd be terrified of being called trans-phobic.

That seems to be the way Democrats think. Anytime anyone criticized
Obama, they were accused of being racist. Anytime anyone criticized
Hillary Clinton, they were accused of being sexist. Etc. etc. They
rarely discussed the criticism on its own merits, they dismissed it as
being inspired by some sort of "ism".
2021-04-23 22:24:04 UTC
Post by David Johnston
[...]
"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President
Obama to be a one-term president." (Mitch McConnell)

Discuss...
Ubiquitous
2021-04-23 22:56:22 UTC
Post by David Johnston
This is a 'progressive' nightmare.
The idea that the first trans-testicle governor could possibly be
<gasp!> a Republican is giving them a hilarious series of aneurysms.
I was thinking that the Dems couldn't possibly challenge Jenner
because of his trans- bona fides
Why were you thinking that?
Because they'd be terrified of being called trans-phobic.
That seems to be the way Democrats think. Anytime anyone criticized
Obama, they were accused of being racist. Anytime anyone criticized
Hillary Clinton, they were accused of being sexist. Etc. etc.
They rarely discussed the criticism on its own merits, they dismissed
it as being inspired by some sort of "ism".
"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President
Obama to be a one-term president." (Mitch McConnell)
Discuss...
Nonsequitur noted. Get back to us when you have a real argument to make.

Trump won.
BTR1701
2021-04-24 01:06:04 UTC
Post by David Johnston
[...]
The losing side of every presidential race holds the same sentiment. Do you
really think the Dems wanted George W. Bush to have two terms?
FPP
2021-04-24 01:28:09 UTC
Post by David Johnston
[...]
But McConnell said it was the "MOST IMPORTANT THING".
That's different.
--
Memoriam for the Turd Reich: "Truth isn't truth!" (Yes, it is.)*
"What you're seeing and what you're reading is not what's happening."

* Under New Management -January 20, 2021
BTR1701
You forgot there trademark symbol (TM) after your "that's different".
FPP
2021-04-24 22:20:24 UTC
Post by David Johnston
[...]
Sure. Defend old Moscow Mitch.

The biggest hypocrite in politics today... and that's really saying
something when you see his competition.

trotsky
What?
trotsky
Who were the fucking assholes doing the swiftboating Derp?
moviePig
2021-04-24 14:54:19 UTC
Post by David Johnston
[...]
I think they didn't want *Republicans* to have two terms, and even then
we might wonder whether that priority trumped every other...
David Johnston
2021-04-24 02:12:11 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by Rhino
[...]
That had nothing to do with his race. McConnell would have wanted any
Democrat to be a one term president.
moviePig
2021-04-24 03:04:10 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by Rhino
[...]
I can believe that McConnell isn't *personally* racist, but also that
he'd happily exploit racism to eject Obama, i.e., as "the single most
important thing".

However, I wasn't trying here to comment on racism or even Obama, but
rather on the hopelessly cloistered perception that "they don't discuss
criticism on its own merits"...
Dimensional Traveler
2021-04-24 03:46:48 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by Rhino
[...]
But McConnell did think it would be easier to do so _because_ of racism.
And Trump's "birth certificate/he was born in Kenya" fecal matter was
absolutely racism.
--
Troll, troll, troll your post gently down the thread
Angrily, angrily, angrily, the net's a nut's scream.
The Horny Goat
2021-05-03 00:14:34 UTC
"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President
Obama to be a one-term president." (Mitch McConnell)
Discuss...
Why is it newsworthy that a party NOT in power wants to change that in
the next election?

I mean really - both parties try to win every seat but that's
especially so of the Oval Office when your party didn't win last time.
Dimensional Traveler
2021-05-03 00:42:35 UTC
"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President
Obama to be a one-term president." (Mitch McConnell)
Discuss...
Why is it newsworthy that a party NOT in power wants to change that in
the next election?
I mean really - both parties try to win every seat but that's
especially so of the Oval Office when your party didn't win last time.
I suspect it was the tone of McConnell's comment and the fact that the
political parties are usually a little more "polite" about it, framing
it as getting their own person elected rather than saying they are going
after the current office holder.
BTR1701
2021-05-03 00:47:49 UTC
"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President
Obama to be a one-term president." (Mitch McConnell)
Discuss...
Why is it newsworthy that a party NOT in power wants to change that in
the next election?
Because Obama was The Lightbringer and if you didn't want him to be
Maximum Leader for Life, you were a raaaaciiist.
FPP
2021-05-03 09:27:04 UTC
"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President
Obama to be a one-term president." (Mitch McConnell)
Discuss...
Why is it newsworthy that a party NOT in power wants to change that in
the next election?
Because Obama was The Lightbringer and if you didn't want him to be
Maximum Leader for Life, you were a raaaaciiist.
Wrong, fuckwit. Or doesn't your memory stretch that far back?
Post by BTR1701
What Mitch McConnell has done and what I have watched, even some time when I was mayor of my city, when he came into a position when America was in a financial free-fall, there was crisis all over this country, he announced to America that the number one priority he had was keeping President Obama from getting a second term.”
— Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), interview on CBS’s “Face the Nation,” Jan. 8, 2017
It was about fixing the damage the last (half-witted) Republican
Turdbringer did to the world financial system.

Worst since the Grate Depression, in fact (until Clowface von Fuckstick
hit town in 2017).

Which, of course is exactly what Obama did. And that, together with
things like getting Bin Laden is exactly what got him reelected.

Tough titty, eh?

FPP
2021-05-03 09:22:40 UTC
"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President
Obama to be a one-term president." (Mitch McConnell)
Discuss...
Why is it newsworthy that a party NOT in power wants to change that in
the next election?
I mean really - both parties try to win every seat but that's
especially so of the Oval Office when your party didn't win last time.
Because we were going through a historic financial crisis, about to lose
the auto industry and push the world into an economic depression.

And THE most important thing was to beat the guy in office?

Hardly what any rational human being would want of anybody in government
to have as their number one priority.

BTR1701
2021-05-03 16:24:17 UTC
"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President
Obama to be a one-term president." (Mitch McConnell)
Discuss...
Why is it newsworthy that a party NOT in power wants to change that in
the next election?
I mean really - both parties try to win every seat but that's
especially so of the Oval Office when your party didn't win last time.
Because we were going through a historic financial crisis, about to lose
the auto industry and push the world into an economic depression.
And THE most important thing was to beat the guy in office?
But "beating the guy in office" during a worldwide pandemic was cool,
huh?

Only when The Lightbringer was facing problems was the opposing party
just supposed to give up.
moviePig
2021-05-03 17:14:56 UTC
"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President
Obama to be a one-term president." (Mitch McConnell)
Discuss...
Why is it newsworthy that a party NOT in power wants to change that in
the next election?
I mean really - both parties try to win every seat but that's
especially so of the Oval Office when your party didn't win last time.
Because we were going through a historic financial crisis, about to lose
the auto industry and push the world into an economic depression.
And THE most important thing was to beat the guy in office?
But "beating the guy in office" during a worldwide pandemic was cool,
huh?
There's a difference between not giving up and raw obstructionism.
BTR1701
2021-05-03 17:39:44 UTC
"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President
Obama to be a one-term president." (Mitch McConnell)
Discuss...
Why is it newsworthy that a party NOT in power wants to change that in
the next election?
I mean really - both parties try to win every seat but that's
especially so of the Oval Office when your party didn't win last time.
Because we were going through a historic financial crisis, about to lose
the auto industry and push the world into an economic depression.
And THE most important thing was to beat the guy in office?
But "beating the guy in office" during a worldwide pandemic was cool,
huh?
"Cool"? Hell, that's when it was *essential*...
Yes, the opposite party always feels it's essential.
Only when The Lightbringer was facing problems was the opposing party
just supposed to give up.
There's a difference between not giving up and raw obstructionism.
Yeah, the difference is when you're the party in power and when you're
not.
moviePig
2021-05-03 19:00:01 UTC
[...]
The difference is in what's categorically, openly stated ...at least is
for those of us who can't read minds.
BTR1701
2021-05-03 19:30:21 UTC
Post by BTR1701
Only when The Lightbringer was facing problems was the opposing party
just supposed to give up.
There's a difference between not giving up and raw obstructionism.
Yeah, the difference is when you're the party in power and when you're
not.
The difference is in what's categorically, openly stated ...at least is
for those of us who can't read minds.
Right, because the minority party is never obstructionist unless they
openly say so and no one else can tell because they're not psychic.

Sure thing, chief.

Why not just be honest and save us all a lot of trouble and admit that
under all your wordplay, you're just arguing that it's "only okay when
we do it".

You know, the way FPP started the Trump administration by openly
declaring that there are certain powers of the presidency that can only
be legitimately used when a Democrat holds the office. It was legally
bullshit and was a steaming pantload of hypocrisy, but I give FPP credit
for being upfront about it.
moviePig
2021-05-03 19:58:34 UTC
Post by BTR1701
[...]
What I'll "admit" is that I found McConnell's famous statement
stupefying. Whatever superficiality you may find in diplomatic
etiquette, it likely has forestalled, say, mutual destruction on more
than one historical occasion. Moreover, McConnell's dispensing with it
was no refreshing breath of candor, but rather a lowbrow macho promise
to his feral constituency: he'd have no truck with uppity pretenders.

I don't recall FPP's declaration. Which powers are privileged to dems?
FPP
2021-05-03 23:18:08 UTC
Post by BTR1701
[...]
And you never will see it, either pig. Thanny only smears, he doesn't
prove what he says.

Just ask him about Kamala's book again. He's been silent since smearing
her.

FPP
2021-05-03 23:16:55 UTC
Post by BTR1701
[...]
How many parties stole Supreme Court seats, genius?

How many parties supported an insurrection against a fair and legal
election, Einstein?

You guys AREN'T a party any more. You're a fucking cult.

FPP
2021-05-03 23:15:12 UTC
[...]
Republicans fucked up the economy in 2008.
Democrats fixed it.

Republicans fucked up everything in 2019.
Democrats are fixing it.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

FPP
2021-05-03 23:13:20 UTC
"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President
Obama to be a one-term president." (Mitch McConnell)
Discuss...
Why is it newsworthy that a party NOT in power wants to change that in
the next election?
I mean really - both parties try to win every seat but that's
especially so of the Oval Office when your party didn't win last time.
Because we were going through a historic financial crisis, about to lose
the auto industry and push the world into an economic depression.
And THE most important thing was to beat the guy in office?
But "beating the guy in office" during a worldwide pandemic was cool,
huh?
Only when The Lightbringer was facing problems was the opposing party
just supposed to give up.
Yeah, since leaving the Bleachbringer IN OFFICE was the ultimate CAUSE
of the severity of the pandemic - and leaving him in office would
PROLONG the pandemic.

Fuck, but you are dim!

Trump: 2,800,000 vaccines in a month.
Biden: 200,000,000 vaccines in less than 3 months.

Do the fucking math.

Ubiquitous
2021-04-23 22:30:03 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by Rhino
I was thinking that the Dems couldn't possibly challenge Jenner
because of his trans- bona fides
Why were you thinking that?
Because they'd be terrified of being called trans-phobic.
That seems to be the way Democrats think. Anytime anyone criticized
Obama, they were accused of being racist. Anytime anyone criticized
Hillary Clinton, they were accused of being sexist. Etc. etc. They
rarely discussed the criticism on its own merits, they dismissed it as
being inspired by some sort of "ism".
But that doesn't apply to leftists...

For example, leftists routinely draw racist cartoons of conservative blacks.

Trump won.
FPP
2021-04-23 23:50:21 UTC
Post by David Johnston
[...]
Ha-ha-ha-ha... Good luck replacing Newsom with this tool.

"The 71-year-old longtime Republican, Olympic hero, reality TV
personality and transgender rights activist, had been consulting with
GOP advisers as she had considered joining the field of candidates
hoping to replace Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom in a likely recall
election later this year."

Fat chance.

BTR1701
2021-04-24 01:06:05 UTC
Post by David Johnston
[...]
If Jenner is actually on the ballot, that will mean Newsom has been
recalled and will be replaced by someone. Whether iJenner or someone else
wins, Newsom will be history.
FPP
2021-04-24 01:29:48 UTC
Post by David Johnston
[...]
Yeah, so? You think most Dems (outside of California) care what Dem
runs California?

BTR1701
2021-04-24 03:15:03 UTC
Post by David Johnston
[...]
The recall has already been a success. It has forced Newsom to quit with
the dictatorial shut downs and open the state back up. Regardless of who
wins or if he's even recalled, we (the people) have already won.
FPP
2021-04-24 07:22:38 UTC
Post by David Johnston
[...]
Sure. Because you think so, it MUST be true.

You DO see a lot of blue states opening up right? How many of those
governors are going through a recall, genius?

BTR1701
Those states don't have Patrick Bateman for a governor.
FPP
2021-04-24 12:07:24 UTC
Post by David Johnston
[...]
No... but they DID have Patrick Bateman for a president, once upon a
time not so very long ago.

trotsky
Great point. And then a real liberal can be elected.
moviePig
Of course, he won't be a "real liberal" till he's in office doing stuff.
David Johnston
Bullshit.
FPP
2021-04-24 07:19:30 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by Rhino
Post by David Johnston
Post by Rhino
[...]
They criticized Obama when he wore a tan suit. Nobody called them racists.

They criticized Obama when he didn't wear a flag pin. Nobody called
them racists.

They criticized Obama when he was seen in the Oval without a coat.
Nobody called them racists.

They criticized Obama when he put his feet up on his desk. Nobody
called them racists.

They criticized Obama when he ordered spicy French mustard on his
burger. Nobody called them racists.

But then, when they dressed him up as an African Witch Doctor during the
Obamacare debates. Then they were called racists... because it was racist.

When they acted like racists, they got called racists.

BTR1701
2021-04-24 19:54:28 UTC
On Apr 23, 2021 at 7:11:12 PM PDT, "David Johnston
Post by David Johnston
Post by Rhino
Post by David Johnston
[...]
When it came to Obama, there was an amazing list of ridiculous 'code words
that we were not allowed to use because they were supposedly racist:

(1) Angry

Don't you dare call Obama "angry", even when he clearly is angry abou
something. According to MSNBC host Toure, that's racist!

(2) Chicago

The Obamas and their core team of astroturfers, pay-for-play schemers, an
powerbrokers all hail from the Windy City. This is a simple geographic fact
but in progressive of pallor Chris Matthews' world, it was an insidious racis
'dog whistle'. The frothing cable TV host attacked Republicans who had th
gall to remind voters of the ruthless Chicago way.

(3) Constitution

Fox News contributor Juan Williams accused conservatives of deep-seate
bigotry when they showed any public reverence for our founding principles
documents, and leaders. "The language of GOP racial politics is heavy o
euphemisms that allow the speaker to deny any responsibility for the racia
content of his message," Williams wrote. "References to a lack of respect fo
the 'Founding Fathers' and the 'Constitution' also make certain ears perk u
by demonizing anyone supposedly threatening core 'old-fashioned America
values'."

So don't talk about the Constitution, got that? It's raaaaciiiist. If you eve
find yourself wanting to hum the "Schoolhouse Rock" version of the Preamble
heed these three words: Stop the hate!

(4) Experienced

A significant percentage of American voters believes that qualification
actually matter when running for the highest office in the land. Chilling
isn't it? They might as well sport KKK hoods. In the judgment of one Basi
Smikle of The Century Foundation, "experienced" is a dreaded "racial cod
word".

Intoned Smikle: "Experienced? Does it really mean the time that he spent i
the Senate, or does it mean, 'Well, does that guy have the same kind o
experience in life that I have?' What does inexperience really mean?"

Maybe it just means what critics meant it to mean: "Does this guy hav
experience beyond the measly 304 days he served when the U.S. Senate was i
session before he announced his first presidential bid?" I know: Racist!

(5) Food Stamp President

At the dawn of the modern federal food stamp program, one in 50 Americans wa
enrolled. In 2014, one in seven Americans was on the food stamp rolls. Th
majority of them were white. Obama's loosening of eligibility requirement
combined with the stagnant economy fueled the rise in dependency. "Food stam
president" was pithy shorthand for the very real entitlement explosion.

Democrats fumed when this title was bestowed Obama and decried its purportedl
racist implications. But who were the real racists here? As Gingrich scolded
the aforementioned race troll Chris Matthews: "Why do you assume 'food stamp'
refers to blacks? What kind of racist thinking do you have? You're being a
racist because you assume they're black, when in reality most on food stamps
are white."

Oops. Time to find a new code word.

(6) Golf

This one's a gobsmacker. Beltway barnacle Lawrence O'Donnell appeared on cable
TV to decry Republicans who mentioned Obama's frequent golf outings. He
singled out Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell's convention speech
Wednesday night, which joked that Obama "was working to earn a spot on the PGA
tour". The warped racial radar of pasty Lawrence O interpreted this golf joke
as "Obama = Tiger Woods = RACISM".

Huh?

"These people reach for every single possible racial double entendre they can
find in every one of these speeches." O'Donnell expertly explained. "Things
are getting lower and lower by the day," now-fired host Martin Bashir agreed.

I'd say this is all Greek to me, but that's probably racist, too.

(7) Holding down the fort

Obama's State Department diversity officer advised us, based on admittedly
dubious history, that "holding down the fort" is an anti-Native American idiom
that has no place in U.S. discourse.

Example: "I know you guys have been holding down the fort."

Oops, that was actually Obama at a Tampa rally in 2008. But I'm sure it's not
racist when *he* says it.

(8) Kitchen cabinet

Radio talk-show host Mark Thompson jumped on Romney for using this phrase--
coined to describe Andrew Jackson's administration in the 1800s-- at the NAACP
convention. Romney was referring to a close member of his staff during his
tenure as Massachusetts governor. "To talk about being in the kitchen and not
talk about an African-American actually being in your cabinet is really not a
good metaphor to use with African-Americans," Thompson blasted.

Is it racist to ask: Huh?

(9) Obamacare

Left-wing Daily Beast columnist Michael Tomasky accused Romney of
"race-baiting" by wielding the term "Obamacare". The Beltway shorthand for the
behemoth federal spending and entitlement program exposed Romney as a
"spineless, disingenuous, supercilious, race-mongering pyromaniac" because it
is a "heavily loaded word," Tomasky railed.

How then to explain the use of the Bull Connor-channeling epithet by none
other than the Obama campaign, which peddled "I like Obamacare" T-shirts on
its website? Or Obama himself using the term and saying he liked it?

Logic must be racist.

(10) Privileged

Stay with me here. Washington Post writer Jonathan Capehart had a problem with
Texas GOP Governor Rick Perry calling Obama "privileged". Spotlighting his
elite education was tantamount to racial bigotry because it insinuates that
"he took the place of someone else through affirmative action, that someone
else being someone white".

And here I thought it was a simple description of an out-of-touch academic
whose crony Chicago ties of all colors gifted him with access, money, and
power that the vast majority of Americans don't have.

(11) Professor

Several progressive black intellectuals excoriated 2008 GOP vice presidential
candidate Sarah Palin for this statement: "They know we're at war, and to win
that war we need a commander in chief, not a professor of law standing at the
lectern."

"Professor," professor Charles Ogletree said, was code for "uppity".

This translation service is available only to credentialed Ivy League
eggheads. A saner criticism would be that Obama was never a professor of law,
but an untenured lecturer. And if it's racist to say *that*, tell that to
Hillary Clinton, whose 2008 campaign made the same point.

(12) Celebrity

The New York Times accused McCain of racism for labeling Obama a "celebrity
president". The Times failed to explain how comparing Obama to the moneyed
elite of the nation is racially derogatory, but if they said it's racist, I
guess it must be.
FPP
2021-04-24 22:21:18 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by Rhino
Post by David Johnston
[...]
You forgot 'uppity'.

Adam H. Kerman
2021-04-25 02:17:49 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by Rhino
. . .
That seems to be the way Democrats think. Anytime anyone criticized
Obama, they were accused of being racist.
Bullshit.
(2) Chicago
The Obamas and their core team of astroturfers, pay-for-play schemers, and
powerbrokers all hail from the Windy City. This is a simple geographic fact,
but in progressive of pallor Chris Matthews' world, it was an insidious racist
'dog whistle'. The frothing cable TV host attacked Republicans who had the
gall to remind voters of the ruthless Chicago way.
Chicagoist!

Wanna get Capone? Here's how you get him. He pulls a knife, you
pull a gun, he sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one
of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way, and that's how you
get Capone.

Thank you Sean Connery.

I'll remind you that Big Bill Thompson was effectively part of Al
Capone's conspiracy and such an awful mayor that it became impossible
for Republicans to win the office ever again.

You blew the gag.
anim8rfsk
2021-04-25 02:47:52 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by Rhino
. . .
[...]
“And then how about Frank Nitti goes insane so Elliot Ness murders him!“
“But but but in real life Nitti took over the mob when Capone went to
prison“
“who cares And then Ness fights a penguin an electric penguin 20 feet high
and the blood goes pfsssss in slow motion!”

I hate that movie

2021-04-25 02:57:28 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by Rhino
. . .
That seems to be the way Democrats think. Anytime anyone criticized
Obama, they were accused of being racist.
Bullshit.
(2) Chicago
The Obamas and their core team of astroturfers, pay-for-play
schemers, and powerbrokers all hail from the Windy City. This is a
simple geographic fact, but in progressive of pallor Chris Matthews'
world, it was an insidious racist 'dog whistle'. The frothing cable
TV host attacked Republicans who had the gall to remind voters of the
ruthless Chicago way.
But it's a highly quotable line!
anim8rfsk
2021-04-25 04:38:52 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by Rhino
. . .
[...]
So is:
“Only one of us is walking out of here alive – and it won’t be me!”
2021-04-25 09:44:12 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by Rhino
Post by David Johnston
[...]
Don't you dare call Obama "angry", even when he clearly is angry about
something. According to MSNBC host Toure, that's racist!
(2) Chicago
The Obamas and their core team of astroturfers, pay-for-play schemers, and
powerbrokers all hail from the Windy City. This is a simple geographic fact,
but in progressive of pallor Chris Matthews' world, it was an insidious racist
'dog whistle'. The frothing cable TV host attacked Republicans who had the
gall to remind voters of the ruthless Chicago way.
(3) Constitution
Fox News contributor Juan Williams accused conservatives of deep-seated
bigotry when they showed any public reverence for our founding principles,
documents, and leaders. "The language of GOP racial politics is heavy on
euphemisms that allow the speaker to deny any responsibility for the racial
content of his message," Williams wrote. "References to a lack of respect for
the 'Founding Fathers' and the 'Constitution' also make certain ears perk up
by demonizing anyone supposedly threatening core 'old-fashioned American
values'."
So don't talk about the Constitution, got that? It's raaaaciiiist. If you ever
find yourself wanting to hum the "Schoolhouse Rock" version of the Preamble,
heed these three words: Stop the hate!
(4) Experienced
A significant percentage of American voters believes that qualifications
actually matter when running for the highest office in the land. Chilling,
isn't it? They might as well sport KKK hoods. In the judgment of one Basil
Smikle of The Century Foundation, "experienced" is a dreaded "racial code
word".
Intoned Smikle: "Experienced? Does it really mean the time that he spent in
the Senate, or does it mean, 'Well, does that guy have the same kind of
experience in life that I have?' What does inexperience really mean?"
Maybe it just means what critics meant it to mean: "Does this guy have
experience beyond the measly 304 days he served when the U.S. Senate was in
session before he announced his first presidential bid?" I know: Racist!
(5) Food Stamp President
At the dawn of the modern federal food stamp program, one in 50 Americans was
enrolled. In 2014, one in seven Americans was on the food stamp rolls. The
majority of them were white. Obama's loosening of eligibility requirements
combined with the stagnant economy fueled the rise in dependency. "Food stamp
president" was pithy shorthand for the very real entitlement explosion.
Democrats fumed when this title was bestowed Obama and decried its purportedly
Holy fuck, and after all this they shitcan you!!
trotsky
2021-04-25 09:50:55 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by Rhino
Post by David Johnston
[...]
I'm going to opine that Republiclowns had a similar list about things
said referencing the former guy: fat, stupid, orange, suck's Putin's
cock, wife's a botox laden whore, kids are total pieces o' shit, fucked
his own daughter and son-in-law multiple times, really fucking stupid,
drinks bleach, disgusting, shitty, horribly stupid, super fucking fat,
wears clown ties, dumber than most boxes of rocks, cruel, fucked in the
head, etc...

I'll try and post more as I remember them.
Ubiquitous
2021-04-23 22:27:53 UTC
I was thinking that the Dems couldn't possibly challenge Jenner because
of his trans- bona fides but the article I posted has examples in which
they already have.
Oh, they did that years ago, which seems pretty "transphobic" to me.

Trump won.
Ubiquitous
2021-04-24 00:25:07 UTC
I was thinking that the Dems couldn't possibly challenge Jenner because
of his trans- bona fides but the article I posted has examples in which
they already have.
Despite Caitlyn Jenner’s transgender identity, LGBTQ activists are not happy
with the former Olympian’s bid to oust Gavin Newsom as governor of
California.

Shortly after Jenner made the big announcement that they would run for
governor, LGBTQ activists were upset that Jenner would be running as a
Republican.

“Make no mistake: we can’t wait to elect a #trans governor of California,”
tweeted Equality California. “But @Caitlyn_Jenner spent years telling the
#LGBTQ+ community to trust Donald Trump. We saw how that turned out. Now she
wants us to trust her? Hard pass.”

Trans activist Charlotte Clymer went even further by denouncing Jenner as an
“unqualified hack.”

“Caitlyn Jenner is a deeply unqualified hack who doesn’t care about anyone
but herself,” tweeted Clymer. “Her views are terrible. She is a horrible
candidate.”

“Caitlyn Jenner has no real support. I don’t care about her candidacy. I do
care about the ways in which her asinine views will be weaponized against
trans people and the ways in which transphobia will go unchecked. This is
purely a vanity campaign, and it’s incredibly selfish,” added Clymer.
“Caitlyn Jenner’s only real political position is doing whatever it takes to
boost Caitlyn Jenner, and she doesn’t care who gets hurt along the way. I
wish this didn’t need to be said, but undoubtedly it does: whatever you may
think of Caitlyn Jenner–and I do NOT think kindly of her–please remember
there are numerous valid critiques of her without turning to transphobia.
Please think before you post. Please.”

Transgender writer Jennifer Finnley Boylan told HuffPost in an email: “I wish
her well personally. But I can’t see how the conservative policies she is
likely to embrace will help Californians.”

Sasha Buchert, co-director of the Transgender Rights Project at the LGBTQ-
rights group Lambda Legal, said Jenner should be judged based on the policies
being proposed.

“It matters to us what policies candidates support — and what their track
record might be — on a full range of issues, not just trans rights and
inclusion,” Buchert added. “That is the lens one should always use in
evaluating any candidate, including Caitlyn Jenner.”

In the announcement for governor, Jenner knocked the Democratic Party’s
stranglehold on the once Golden State of California.

“California has been my home for nearly 50 years. I came here because I knew
that anyone, regardless of their background or station in life, could turn
their dreams into reality,” Jenner said. “But for the past decade, we have
seen the glimmer of the Golden State reduced by one-party rule that places
politics over progress and special interests over people. Sacramento needs an
honest leader with a clear vision.”

Jenner likewise ripped Gavin Newsom for high taxes and his crippling lockdown
of the state.

“Taking on entrenched Sacramento politicians and the special interests that
fund them requires a fighter who isn’t afraid to do what is right. I am a
proven winner and the only outsider who can put an end to Gavin Newsom’s
disastrous time as governor,” said Jenner.

“Small businesses have been devastated because of the over-restrictive
lockdown. An entire generation of children have lost a year of education and
have been prevented from going back to school, participating in activities,
or socializing with their friends,” Jenner added.

Trump won.
Ubiquitous
2021-04-23 22:26:58 UTC
Post by thinbluemime CAN"T KEEP A GOOD MIME DOWN
Former Olympic decathlete and reality TV star Caitlyn Jenner on Friday
officially announced her bid for governor of California.
This is a 'progressive' nightmare.
The idea that the first trans-testicle governor could possibly be
<gasp!> a Republican is giving them a hilarious series of aneurysms.
Well, for some value of "Republican"...
Remember how "Ahnold" turned out?

Trump won.
trotsky
How's it workin' out with the Republiclowns then?
Ubiquitous
2021-05-03 08:30:44 UTC
Post by thinbluemime CAN"T KEEP A GOOD MIME DOWN
Former Olympic decathlete and reality TV star Caitlyn Jenner on Friday
officially announced her bid for governor of California.
This is a 'progressive' nightmare.
The idea that the first trans-testicle governor could possibly be
<gasp!> a Republican is giving them a hilarious series of aneurysms.
California gubernatorial candidate Caitlyn Jenner, an Olympic gold
medal-winning decathlete who is now transgender, said on Saturday that
biological males who identify as transgender should not be allowed to
compete in girls' sports because it is not fair.

"This is a question of fairness," Jenner told TMZ when asked for
reaction to legislation being passed in states across the U.S. that ban
biological males from competing against girls in school sports. "That's
why I oppose biological boys who are trans competing in girls' sports
in school."

"It just isn't fair and we have to protect girls' sports in our
schools," Jenner continued.

When asked if those beliefs were "delegitimizing" to a person's gender
identity, Jenner responded, "Have a good day."

Jenner tweeted out a link to the interview, writing: "I didn't expect
to get asked this on my Saturday morning coffee run, but I'm clear
about where I stand. It's an issue of fairness and we need to protect
girls' sports in our schools."

The Hill notes:

The California gubernatorial recall election got the official
green light last week, and the transgender advocate, reality
star and Olympic gold medalist has declared herself in the
running. While that announcement made plenty of headlines, few
in state politics think Jenner - with her near-total lack of
political experience - has a genuine shot at winning.

Instead, her potential influence stems from this simple fact:
In very blue California, Jenner is part of a rare Republican
breed which actually seems able to win state-wide elections -
the Hollywood conservative.

Starting in the 1960s with former actor Sen. George Murphy,
through Ronald Reagan in the 70s, and right up to Arnold
Schwarzenegger in 2003, Republicans with a show business
pedigree have been uniquely able to both grab the spotlight
and build coalitions.

An adviser for Jenner told Axios that Jenner is "socially liberal and
fiscally conservative." Jenner said in a statement that California has
been "reduced" because of the Democrats effectively turning the state
into a "one-party rule" state.

Jenner slammed California Democrat Governor Gavin Newsom's "over-
restrictive lockdown" and noted the state's taxes are "too high."

"This is Gavin Newsom's California, where he orders us to stay home but
goes out to dinner with his lobbyist friends," Jenner added.

--
Trump won.