Jussie Smollett Might Have "Empire"'s Fate Hanging High in the Balance
2019-03-13 08:49:49 UTC
Jussie Smollett's case could cost him way more than just his gig on
"Empire" ... many on the show fear his situation could bring the whole
show down in the process.

Production sources tell TMZ ... anxiety is high among the "Empire" cast
and crew, because Fox has yet to renew the show for a sixth season.
We're told people who've been working on the show for years are griping
they should've heard the news one way or another by now, and expected
to get word on the fate of the show around 2 weeks ago.

For the record ... Fox has typically renewed the show in January ... 5
months ahead of the season finale. The exception ... this past season.
Fox waited until a few weeks before the season 4 finale was set to air
... in May.

We're told folks involved in the production feel like Jussie and his
case will be a big factor in how things shake out.

As for how Jussie's character is being handled on the show now ... Lee
Daniels and co. have already announced Jamal is being removed from the
final two episodes of season 5, which is set to return from a hiatus on
Wednesday night.

Our sources say Jussie's character will be "out of the country."

Here's the kicker ... our production sources tell us even if Fox does
renew the show, higher-ups have expressed serious reservations about
Jussie returning ... as have many folks on the cast and crew ... even
some who have publicly supported him.
--
Trump: A president so great that Democrats who said they would leave
America if he won decided to stay!
anim8rfsk
2019-03-13 14:37:36 UTC
Jussie Smollett's case could cost him way more than just his gig on
"Empire" ... many on the show fear his situation could bring the whole
show down in the process.
Why would that cost him anything?
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Be nice if they didn't have to pay him.
Post by Ubiquitous
Here's the kicker ... our production sources tell us even if Fox does
renew the show, higher-ups have expressed serious reservations about
Jussie returning ... as have many folks on the cast and crew ... even
some who have publicly supported him.
Hopefully he'll get a reality show set in prison.
2019-03-13 17:01:18 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Here's the kicker ... our production sources tell us even if Fox does
renew the show, higher-ups have expressed serious reservations about
Jussie returning ... as have many folks on the cast and crew ... even
some who have publicly supported him.
Hopefully he'll get a reality show set in prison.
The fact that his return to the show is even a possibility for
discussion shows how bankrupt and hypocritical the Left is.
FPP
2019-03-13 23:10:02 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Here's the kicker ... our production sources tell us even if Fox does
renew the show, higher-ups have expressed serious reservations about
Jussie returning ... as have many folks on the cast and crew ... even
some who have publicly supported him.
Hopefully he'll get a reality show set in prison.
The fact that his return to the show is even a possibility for
discussion shows how bankrupt and hypocritical the Left is.
Yeah, because the Left decides who's employed on a TV show, right, dipshit?
--
"An immigrant who achieves the American Dream didn’t steal anything from
you or your family. They just wanted it more than you and worked harder
your life sucks lemons, a wall isn’t going to turn it to lemonade."
BTR1701
Mostly, yeah.
FPP
2019-03-14 01:37:58 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Here's the kicker ... our production sources tell us even if Fox does
renew the show, higher-ups have expressed serious reservations about
Jussie returning ... as have many folks on the cast and crew ... even
some who have publicly supported him.
Hopefully he'll get a reality show set in prison.
The fact that his return to the show is even a possibility for
discussion shows how bankrupt and hypocritical the Left is.
Yeah, because the Left decides who's employed on a TV show, right?
Mostly, yeah.
Unsubstantiated lie, yeah. Gotcha.

And now for another episode of "As the Worm Turns":
BTW, I assume you're going to denounce one of your righties for faking
his own death threats, too?

"Right-wing personality Jacob Wohl appears to have faked death threats
against himself and submitted them to police as evidence that he was
facing “terroristic threats,” according to newly released documents."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jacob-wohl-faked-death-threats-against-himself?ref=home
BTR1701
2019-03-14 03:10:27 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Here's the kicker ... our production sources tell us even if Fox does
renew the show, higher-ups have expressed serious reservations about
Jussie returning ... as have many folks on the cast and crew ... even
some who have publicly supported him.
Hopefully he'll get a reality show set in prison.
The fact that his return to the show is even a possibility for
discussion shows how bankrupt and hypocritical the Left is.
Yeah, because the Left decides who's employed on a TV show, right?
Mostly, yeah.
Unsubstantiated lie, yeah. Gotcha.
BTW, I assume you're going to denounce one of your righties for faking
his own death threats, too?
"Right-wing personality Jacob Wohl appears to have faked death threats
against himself and submitted them to police as evidence that he was
facing ³terroristic threats,² according to newly released documents."
Sure, throw him in the clink with Smollett. Why would you think I'd
defend some guy I've never even heard of before?
FPP
2019-03-14 09:01:05 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Well, I figured you had a hand in it, since (by Thanny's Rules of
Usenet) if ANY conservative does anything, it MUST reflect on ALL
conservatives.

Did I get the gist of that rule right, counselor?
BTR1701
2019-03-14 14:51:10 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Here's the kicker ... our production sources tell us even if Fox does
renew the show, higher-ups have expressed serious reservations about
Jussie returning ... as have many folks on the cast and crew ... even
some who have publicly supported him.
Hopefully he'll get a reality show set in prison.
The fact that his return to the show is even a possibility for
discussion shows how bankrupt and hypocritical the Left is.
Yeah, because the Left decides who's employed on a TV show, right?
Mostly, yeah.
Unsubstantiated lie, yeah. Gotcha.
BTW, I assume you're going to denounce one of your righties for faking
his own death threats, too?
"Right-wing personality Jacob Wohl appears to have faked death threats
against himself and submitted them to police as evidence that he was
facing 3terroristic threats,2 according to newly released documents."
A hand in what, exactly?
FPP
BTR1701
That answer makes no sense in the context of the question I asked.
FPP
2019-03-15 03:20:54 UTC
BTW, I assume you're going to denounce one of your righties for faking
his own death threats, too?
"Right-wing personality Jacob Wohl appears to have faked death threats
against himself and submitted them to police as evidence that he was
facing 3terroristic threats,2 according to newly released documents."
Sure, throw him in the clink with Smollett. Why would you think I'd
defend some guy I've never even heard of before?
Well, I figured you had a hand in it
A hand in what, exactly?
Yes.
That answer makes no sense in the context of the question I asked.
That's because you snipped out the half of my sentence that followed. I
figured so long as you're going to snip out half of what I say, I'd save
you the trouble, and do it myself.
BTR1701
?!?!?
FPP
2019-03-15 10:03:03 UTC
BTW, I assume you're going to denounce one of your righties for faking
his own death threats, too?
"Right-wing personality Jacob Wohl appears to have faked death threats
against himself and submitted them to police as evidence that he was
facing 3terroristic threats,2 according to newly released documents."
Sure, throw him in the clink with Smollett. Why would you think I'd
defend some guy I've never even heard of before?
Well, I figured you had a hand in it
A hand in what, exactly?
Yes.
That answer makes no sense in the context of the question I asked.
That's because you snipped out the half of my sentence that followed. I
figured so long as you're going to snip out half of what I say, I'd save
you the trouble, and do it myself.
?!?!?
"Well, I figured you had a hand in it"

That was half of my sentence. Why snip the complete thought, if not to
obfuscate the meaning?
Saving electrons for later, are we?
Ubiquitous
2019-03-15 21:49:30 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
FPP assumes other people behave like him.

#SelectiveOutrage
FPP
2019-03-15 23:00:54 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
If they did, we wouldn't have an admitted cheat and a swindler who is
under 17 separate criminal investigations running your party right now.

And aren't you proud!
Ubiquitous
2019-03-15 23:54:00 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]
Well, there you go making claims that aren't based on facts again!

--
"Rhino, when do I say things I *can't* back up with citations of fact?
Go ahead... go and find something I stated as fact that you don't think

Ubiquitous
2019-03-13 23:10:03 UTC
Hopefully he'll get a reality show set in prison.
The fact that his return to the show is even a possibility for
discussion shows how bankrupt and hypocritical the Left is.
Yeah, because the Left decides who's employed on a TV show, right, dipshit?
Uh-oh! FPPsky's upset.
But will he be upset enough to post multiple followups in rapid succession?
FPP
2019-03-13 23:10:52 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Here's the kicker ... our production sources tell us even if Fox does
renew the show, higher-ups have expressed serious reservations about
Jussie returning ... as have many folks on the cast and crew ... even
some who have publicly supported him.
Hopefully he'll get a reality show set in prison.
The fact that his return to the show is even a possibility for
discussion shows how bankrupt and hypocritical the Left is.
He should do what every other lying felon does these days... apply for
the coms job at the White House.
Ubiquitous
2019-03-13 23:10:04 UTC
Hopefully he'll get a reality show set in prison.
The fact that his return to the show is even a possibility for
discussion shows how bankrupt and hypocritical the Left is.
He should do what every other lying felon does these days... apply for
the coms job at the White House.
You can tell FPPsky is super upset yet has nothing to say when when he
posts a 2nd followup in rapid succession.

Will he post a third?
FPP
2019-03-14 01:39:17 UTC
Hopefully he'll get a reality show set in prison.
The fact that his return to the show is even a possibility for
discussion shows how bankrupt and hypocritical the Left is.
He should do what every other lying felon does these days... apply for
the coms job at the White House.
You can tell FPPsky is super upset yet has nothing to say when when he
posts a 2nd followup in rapid succession.
Will he post a third?
Isn't that what you just did, moron?
Post by Ubiquitous
Uh-oh! FPPsky's upset.
But will he be upset enough to post multiple followups in rapid
succession?

Yup! Sure was, dipshit
NoBody
Oh look, he couldn't resist.
Ubiquitous
2019-03-15 19:57:25 UTC
Post by NoBody
Hopefully he'll get a reality show set in prison.
The fact that his return to the show is even a possibility for
discussion shows how bankrupt and hypocritical the Left is.
He should do what every other lying felon does these days... apply for
the coms job at the White House.
You can tell FPPsky is super upset yet has nothing to say when when he
posts a 2nd followup in rapid succession.
Will he post a third?
Isn't that what you just did, moron?
Oh look, he couldn't resist.
What else is new?
#Triggered
moviePig
2019-03-14 13:08:06 UTC
Hopefully he'll get a reality show set in prison.
The fact that his return to the show is even a possibility for
discussion shows how bankrupt and hypocritical the Left is.
He should do what every other lying felon does these days... apply for
the coms job at the White House.
You can tell FPPsky is super upset yet has nothing to say when when he
posts a 2nd followup in rapid succession.
Will he post a third?
...or, as you call it, 'many'?
--
- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
Ed Stasiak
2019-03-13 17:16:12 UTC
Jussie Smollett's case could cost him way more than just his gig on
”Empire" ... many on the show fear his situation could bring the whole
show down in the process.
Why? I’ve never seen the show but my understanding is that he plays
a supporting role and they could easily write his character off as having
died off screen or whatever.
Ubiquitous
2019-03-13 23:10:05 UTC
Jussie Smollett's case could cost him way more than just his gig on
"Empire" ... many on the show fear his situation could bring the whole
show down in the process.
Why? I've never seen the show but my understanding is that he plays
a supporting role and they could easily write his character off as having
died off screen or whatever.
Did I mention that they killed him off in driveby shooting and showed his
funeral yet?
Ed Stasiak
2019-03-14 01:32:18 UTC
Why?  I've never seen the show but my understanding is that he plays
a supporting role and they could easily write his character off as having
died off screen or whatever.
Did I mention that they killed him off in driveby shooting and showed his
funeral yet?
Not in this thread, but if the character has been killed off, then how are the
actor’s legal issues a problem for the tv show, such a problem that the entire
show might be canceled?
anim8rfsk
2019-03-14 02:28:58 UTC
Jussie Smollett's case could cost him way more than just his gig on
"Empire" ... many on the show fear his situation could bring the whole
show down in the process.
Why? I've never seen the show but my understanding is that he plays
a supporting role and they could easily write his character off as having
died off screen or whatever.
Did I mention that they killed him off in driveby shooting and showed his
funeral yet?
The lying actor or his character?
2019-03-14 05:12:17 UTC
Good lord, just replace the guy! Why should the show go down because of that idiot?
Adam H. Kerman
2019-03-14 20:56:12 UTC
Good lord, just replace the guy! Why should the show go down because of that idiot?
Why shouldn't it?

Shows are cancelled for specious reasons all the time, and possibly
renewed for the wrong reasons. Maybe the studio and network are sister
companies in the same corporate conglomerate. Maybe a weak show gets
renewed as part of a package for negotiating the licensing fees for
other shows from the same studio or distributor.

Sometimes the studio just demands too high a licensing fee.

Bad publicity will clearly affect the show's renewal chances. Also, the
network made it look stupid for publicly taking Smollett's side up
front, although at no point did the story sound credible.