Kentucky. Police officers should be judged INNOCENT. (Breonna Taylor, MORE BLACK criminals again)
2020-09-23 04:43:37 UTC
Why? HERE are the circumstances of the woman's death:

CNN:
Shortly after midnight on Friday 13 March, she was in bed with her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, watching a film when they heard a banging on the door.

Plainclothes Louisville police officers were carrying out a narcotics raid, and they used a battering ram to enter the property.

A judge had granted a warrant to search Ms Taylor's home because investigators suspected a convicted drug dealer - her ex-boyfriend, Jamarcus Glover - was using the address to receive packages. She had no criminal record.

Mr Walker, a licensed gun owner, later told police he thought the late-night intruder was Glover, according to the New York Times.

Mr Walker fired one round with his pistol, hitting one of the officers in the thigh. The officers returned fire, discharging more than 20 rounds.

Ms Taylor, who had also got out of bed amid the commotion, died on the hallway floor. Her death certificate records five bullet wounds.

The Louisville police officers were executing a "no-knock" warrant that required them to announce themselves just before entering the property.
David Johnston
2020-09-23 05:22:04 UTC
And here are the things you left out.
Post by RichA
Shortly after midnight on Friday 13 March, she was in bed with her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, watching a film when they heard a banging on the door.
Plainclothes Louisville police officers were carrying out a narcotics raid, and they used a battering ram to enter the property.
A judge had granted a warrant to search Ms Taylor's home because investigators suspected a convicted drug dealer - her ex-boyfriend, Jamarcus Glover - was using the address to receive packages.
However mere suspicion is not sufficient to get a warrant so they told
the judge that they had consulted with the post office inspectors and
confirmed Glover was receiving packages there. According to the post
office no such consultation occurred and they had no reason to think
that Glover was receiving packages there.

She had no criminal record.
Post by RichA
Mr Walker, a licensed gun owner, later told police he thought the late-night intruder was Glover, according to the New York Times.
Mr Walker fired one round with his pistol, hitting one of the officers in the thigh. The officers returned fire, discharging more than 20 rounds.
That not a single one of those rounds hit Mr Walker and instead ripped
through the walls into other apartments is a true tribute to the
officer's professionalism.
Post by RichA
Ms Taylor, who had also got out of bed amid the commotion, died on the hallway floor. Her death certificate records five bullet wounds.
The Louisville police officers were executing a "no-knock" warrant that required them to announce themselves just before entering the property.
And I'm sure that the same professionalism that led them to falsify
probable cause by lying to a judge, spray 25 bullets blindly into an
apartment with no idea where their target was, and then write a nearly
blank after-incident report which said that Breonna Taylor was uninjured
means that they did in fact announce themselves just before entering the
property. I mean just because they lied a couple of times doesn't mean
they should be suspected of lying a third time, right?

So...where in this incident are the black criminals to which you refer
in the subject line?
David Johnston
2020-09-23 05:24:08 UTC
Post by RichA
[...]
Oh, I forgot. In the incident report the officer also checked the "no"
box in the bit that asked whether they had used forced entry.
Adam H. Kerman
2020-09-23 05:39:13 UTC
Shortly after midnight on Friday 13 March, she was in bed with her
boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, watching a film when they heard a banging on
the door.
Plainclothes Louisville police officers were carrying out a narcotics
raid, and they used a battering ram to enter the property.
A judge had granted a warrant to search Ms Taylor's home because
investigators suspected a convicted drug dealer - her ex-boyfriend,
Jamarcus Glover - was using the address to receive packages. She had no
criminal record.
This was NOT the home of Glover and the police DID NOT have reasonable
suspicion that Taylor or Walker had any criminal dealings with him. In
fact, they had zero suspicion at all.
Post by RichA
Mr Walker, a licensed gun owner, later told police he thought the
late-night intruder was Glover, according to the New York Times.
What the fuck is wrong with you? Why aren't you, of all people,
defending the right of a gun owner to defend his home against an
intruder?

You're a fucking hypocrite.
Post by RichA
Mr Walker fired one round with his pistol, hitting one of the officers
in the thigh. The officers returned fire, discharging more than 20
rounds.
I guess they were using an automatic weapon as seen in movies that
cannot kill the hero.
Post by RichA
Ms Taylor, who had also got out of bed amid the commotion, died on the
hallway floor. Her death certificate records five bullet wounds.
They couldn't see it was an unarmed woman in a nightgown.
Post by RichA
The Louisville police officers were executing a "no-knock" warrant that
required them to announce themselves just before entering the property.
They should all be charged with a series of felonies, starting with
swearing falsely in court.
RichA
2020-09-23 05:58:22 UTC
Shortly after midnight on Friday 13 March, she was in bed with her
boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, watching a film when they heard a banging on
the door.
Plainclothes Louisville police officers were carrying out a narcotics
raid, and they used a battering ram to enter the property.
A judge had granted a warrant to search Ms Taylor's home because
investigators suspected a convicted drug dealer - her ex-boyfriend,
Jamarcus Glover - was using the address to receive packages. She had no
criminal record.
This was NOT the home of Glover and the police DID NOT have reasonable
suspicion that Taylor or Walker had any criminal dealings with him. In
fact, they had zero suspicion at all.
Former home? Crash pad?
Mr Walker, a licensed gun owner, later told police he thought the
late-night intruder was Glover, according to the New York Times.
What the fuck is wrong with you? Why aren't you, of all people,
defending the right of a gun owner to defend his home against an
intruder?
ONLY if the cops said nothing on entry.
Mr Walker fired one round with his pistol, hitting one of the officers
in the thigh. The officers returned fire, discharging more than 20
rounds.
I guess they were using an automatic weapon as seen in movies that
cannot kill the hero.
Cops don't carry automatic weapons except in extreme (SWAT) circumstances. I'm not even sure they do then except under exceptional circumstances.
If they did lie, sure. Or the commanding officer should be depending on how the operation was conducted.
Adam H. Kerman
2020-09-23 07:01:39 UTC
Shortly after midnight on Friday 13 March, she was in bed with her
boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, watching a film when they heard a banging on
the door.
Plainclothes Louisville police officers were carrying out a narcotics
raid, and they used a battering ram to enter the property.
A judge had granted a warrant to search Ms Taylor's home because
investigators suspected a convicted drug dealer - her ex-boyfriend,
Jamarcus Glover - was using the address to receive packages. She had no
criminal record.
This was NOT the home of Glover and the police DID NOT have reasonable
suspicion that Taylor or Walker had any criminal dealings with him. In
fact, they had zero suspicion at all.
Former home? Crash pad?
You're not making any sense. They cannot legally obtain a warrant to
search the suspect's former home and they weren't suspicious of the
ex-girlfriend. Nothing about their actions made any sense.
Mr Walker, a licensed gun owner, later told police he thought the
late-night intruder was Glover, according to the New York Times.
What the fuck is wrong with you? Why aren't you, of all people,
defending the right of a gun owner to defend his home against an
intruder?
ONLY if the cops said nothing on entry.
It was a no-knock warrant and the cops woke them up in the middle of the
night. That's literally a home invasion. Just because they were cops
doesn't change the facts.

Rich, I really want to hear why you think an armed man, with all the
right paperwork filed, is not allowed to defend his home from a home
invasion.
Mr Walker fired one round with his pistol, hitting one of the officers
in the thigh. The officers returned fire, discharging more than 20
rounds.
I guess they were using an automatic weapon as seen in movies that
cannot kill the hero.
Cops don't carry automatic weapons except in extreme (SWAT)
circumstances. I'm not even sure they do then except under exceptional
circumstances.
How the fuck do cops discharge more than 20 rounds in close quarters and
not kill the guy they're trying to murder?
Ms Taylor, who had also got out of bed amid the commotion, died on the
hallway floor. Her death certificate records five bullet wounds.
They couldn't see it was an unarmed woman in a nightgown.
Do you have any comment on how they managed not to see she wasn't a
threat to them?
The Louisville police officers were executing a "no-knock" warrant that
required them to announce themselves just before entering the property.
They should all be charged with a series of felonies, starting with
swearing falsely in court.
If they did lie, sure.
All the newspaper accounts I've read said they swore falsely. What
Johnston said was the same thing I've read.
David Johnston
2020-09-23 05:59:25 UTC
Post by RichA
Mr Walker, a licensed gun owner, later told police he thought the
late-night intruder was Glover, according to the New York Times.
What the fuck is wrong with you? Why aren't you, of all people,
defending the right of a gun owner to defend his home against an
intruder?
You're a fucking hypocrite.
Well they were black, after all.
Mr Walker fired one round with his pistol, hitting one of the officers
in the thigh. The officers returned fire, discharging more than 20
rounds.
I guess they were using an automatic weapon as seen in movies that
cannot kill the hero.
I can recall Rich mocking just such scenes in movies even though I can
think of multiple real life incidents where real people, police officers
included have demonstrate similar incapacity.
RichA
Not being psychic, I can't state the police officers mindsets and since I didn't see the incident, unlike magic liberals and rioters, I can't say what happened, I can only surmise. But what we know is that typical of a BLACK, that "upstanding woman" associated with a DRUG DEALER. Put it another way; if you had a daughter and she dated one, would you let it continue?
David Johnston
2020-09-23 06:46:18 UTC
Post by RichA
[...]
You already said what happened and that the officers shouldn't be
charged! Except you left out the part where they lied to get their
warrant and hence had no legitimate reason to be there in the first
place. You don't need to read their minds to recognize their deceit and
lack of trigger discipline.
kensi
2020-09-23 11:26:36 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Mr Walker fired one round with his pistol, hitting one of the officers
in the thigh. The officers returned fire, discharging more than 20
rounds.
I guess they were using an automatic weapon as seen in movies that
cannot kill the hero.
I can recall Rich mocking just such scenes in movies even though I can
think of multiple real life incidents where real people, police officers
included have demonstrate similar incapacity.
Stargate SG:1 S5E18 explained it quite neatly: their weapons and
training are not geared toward combat with equals in a war, but toward
cowing and terrorizing a subjugated populace. The Goa'uld, the Empire,
white cops patrolling black neighborhoods ... all different versions of
the same thing. Systematic, state-sanctioned oppression.
in here." ~Checkmate
kensi
2020-09-23 11:18:28 UTC
What the fuck is wrong with you? Why aren't you, of all people,
defending the right of a gun owner to defend his home against an
intruder?
Because in this instance the gun owner was black and the intruder was
white. Watch how fast he leaps to defend the gun owner next time the gun
owner is the white one and the intruder is black ...
Mr Walker fired one round with his pistol, hitting one of the officers
in the thigh. The officers returned fire, discharging more than 20
rounds.
I guess they were using an automatic weapon as seen in movies that
cannot kill the hero.
If fascism has *not* arrived in America, explain why the cops there have
all trained at the Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy?
Post by Adam H. Kerman
They should all be charged with a series of felonies, starting with
swearing falsely in court.
Let's see. Making a false statement in a warrant application = perjury.
Without the perjury there'd have been no warrant, so the battering ram
entry is B&E and any "evidence gathering" is burglary. They shot and
killed a woman in the middle of committing a felony, to wit the
aforementioned burglary, so the felony murder rule would seem to apply,
and they subsequently falsified incident reports. So let's see, we have:

* Misdemeanor making false statements to the police (how ironic!)
* Perjury
* Felony B&E
* Felony burglary
* Murder One

Something tells me Kentucky probably has the death penalty, so ...
in here." ~Checkmate
The Horny Goat
2020-10-10 14:36:53 UTC
On Wed, 23 Sep 2020 07:18:28 -0400, kensi
Post by kensi
If fascism has *not* arrived in America, explain why the cops there have
all trained at the Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy?
Oh come on - 'The Gang that Couldn't Shoot Straight" was a Hollywood
meme LONG before 1976 and George Lucas.
Post by kensi
Post by Adam H. Kerman
They should all be charged with a series of felonies, starting with
swearing falsely in court.
Well that >IS< a big one and was what hung the RCMP officers who
fatally tasered the guy 6 times in 30 seconds.
Sorry but that's a stretch. A big stretch.
Adam H. Kerman
2020-10-10 15:29:44 UTC
Post by kensi
Let's see. Making a false statement in a warrant application = perjury.
Without the perjury there'd have been no warrant, so the battering ram
entry is B&E and any "evidence gathering" is burglary. They shot and
killed a woman in the middle of committing a felony, to wit the
aforementioned burglary, so the felony murder rule would seem to apply,
Sorry but that's a stretch. A big stretch.
seamus is also wrong that it was a burglary. It's robbery.

The trouble appears to be whether these police officers were knowingly
carrying out a false warrant and if that lack of knowledge excuses them
from otherwise illegal actions.
David Johnston
2020-10-11 08:42:19 UTC
Post by kensi
Let's see. Making a false statement in a warrant application = perjury.
Without the perjury there'd have been no warrant, so the battering ram
entry is B&E and any "evidence gathering" is burglary. They shot and
killed a woman in the middle of committing a felony, to wit the
aforementioned burglary, so the felony murder rule would seem to apply,
Sorry but that's a stretch. A big stretch.
seamus is also wrong that it was a burglary. It's robbery.
Any illegal entry into a building with the intent of committing a crime,
robbery included, is burglary.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
The trouble appears to be whether these police officers were knowingly
carrying out a false warrant and if that lack of knowledge excuses them
from otherwise illegal actions.
I'm sure the guy applying for the warrant at least knew that he hadn't
really consulted with the post office beforehand.
Adam H. Kerman
2020-10-11 18:17:02 UTC
Post by kensi
Let's see. Making a false statement in a warrant application = perjury.
Without the perjury there'd have been no warrant, so the battering ram
entry is B&E and any "evidence gathering" is burglary. They shot and
killed a woman in the middle of committing a felony, to wit the
aforementioned burglary, so the felony murder rule would seem to apply,
Sorry but that's a stretch. A big stretch.
seamus is also wrong that it was a burglary. It's robbery.
Any illegal entry into a building with the intent of committing a crime,
robbery included, is burglary.
Wrong again, Johnston. Use of force was intended. It's robbery.

Burglary is typically defined as the unlawful entry into almost
any structure (not just a home or business) with the intent to
commit any crime inside (not just theft/larceny). No physical
breaking and entering is required; the offender may simply
trespass through an open door. Unlike robbery, which involves
use of force or fear to obtain another person's property, there
is usually no victim present during a burglary.

https://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/burglary-overview.html

That's why it's not burglary. They're kind of mutually-exclusive crimes.
Post by David Johnston
Post by Adam H. Kerman
The trouble appears to be whether these police officers were knowingly
carrying out a false warrant and if that lack of knowledge excuses them
from otherwise illegal actions.
I'm sure the guy applying for the warrant at least knew that he hadn't
really consulted with the post office beforehand.
Yes, Johnston. That has been my position all along that the warrant was
false. But that's irrelevant to the point I am raising here as to the
guilt of the team of police officers executing the warrant. Their
actions were illegal because the warrant was false. I want to know to
what extent they are guilty of crimes specifically related to serving
the warrant.

For instance, they had to know that this was not the home of the
criminal being targeted and they had to know that the woman whose
apartment it was was not suspected of being part of her ex-boyfriend's
criminal activities.

Is that enough to know that the warrant was bad and therefore serving it
meant they were carrying out illegal orders?

They simply do not have criminal guilt due to swearing falsely to obtain
the warrant to begin with.

kensi
2020-09-23 10:48:24 UTC
Shortly after midnight on Friday 13 March, she was in bed with her
boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, watching a film when they heard a
banging on the door.
Plainclothes Louisville police officers were carrying out a narcotics
raid, and they used a battering ram to enter the property.
A judge had granted a warrant to search Ms Taylor's home because
investigators suspected a convicted drug dealer - her ex-boyfriend,
Jamarcus Glover - was using the address to receive packages. She had
no criminal record.
So, her only "crime" was that an ex of hers had become a criminal.
Post by RichA
Mr Walker, a licensed gun owner, later told police he thought the
late-night intruder was Glover, according to the New York Times.
So, the police failed to identify themselves.
Post by RichA
Mr Walker fired one round with his pistol, hitting one of the
officers in the thigh. The officers returned fire, discharging
more than 20 rounds.
So, the police responded with excessive force. One shot aimed back at
Mr. Walker would have sufficed.
Post by RichA
Ms Taylor, who had also got out of bed amid the commotion, died on
the hallway floor. Her death certificate records five bullet wounds.
So, the police sprayed ammunition around indiscriminately, and not only
hit someone they shouldn't have, they also missed the actual target.
Post by RichA
The Louisville police officers were executing a "no-knock" warrant
that required them to announce themselves just before entering the
property.
Yet clearly they failed to do so.

They made multiple serious mistakes and an innocent person died. That
is, at a bare minimum, criminal negligence.

And I'll bet they would have made a lot fewer of those mistakes if the
address they were responding to was in a white neighborhood ...
in here." ~Checkmate