Deadline: 'Good Witch' Renewed For Season 6; Bailee Madison To Depart
Robin Miller
2019-07-04 03:38:34 UTC
https://deadline.com/2019/07/good-witch-season-6-renewal-hallmark-channel-bailee-madison-exit-1202641622/

‘Good Witch’ Renewed For Season 6 By Hallmark Channel; Bailee Madison To
Depart

By Nellie Andreeva
July 3, 2019 9:54am

Three weeks into its fifth-season run, Hallmark Channel has renewed
top-rated series Good Witch, starring Catherine Bell, for a sixth
season. Season 6 of the supernatural comedy-drama will be without Bailee
Madison, who will be exiting after starring as Grace Russell since the
series’ 2015 launch.

“Once again, being the No. 1 series in cable, we are thrilled to
announce a Season 6 pickup of Good Witch,” Michelle Vicary, EVP
Programming & Publicity at Crown Media Family Networks, said in a
statement to Deadline. “Bailee Madison will always be a beloved member
of the Hallmark family.”

Based on Hallmark’s successful movie franchise that marks its 11th
anniversary this year, Good Witch is one of two popular, long-running
scripted series on Hallmark Channel, along with flagship When Calls the
Heart. With the latter recently wrapping its latest season, Good Witch
is taking on the mantle of ad-supported cable’s No. 1 scripted series
currently on the air in total viewers and women 25-54.

Good Witch, which also stars James Denton, has followed newly widowed
Cassie Nightingale (Bell), the good-natured enchantress of the fictional
town of Middleton, and her now-teenage daughter Grace (Madison), who
shares her mother’s unique gifts of insight and intuition. Grace is set
to graduate from high school in 2019, allowing for a natural wrap of her
storyline as a regular character on the show.

Co-starring on Good Witch are Rhys Matthew Bond, Sarah Power, Catherine
Disher, Kylee Evans, Peter MacNeill and Dan Jeannotte. The series is a
Whizbang Films production in association with ITV Studios America.
Executive producers are Darin Goldberg, Orly Adelson, Jonathan Eskenas,
Frank Siracusa and Craig Pryce. Bell is co-executive producer and Janina
Barrett serves as supervising producer. Colin Brunton is producer. Good
Witch is distributed internationally by ITV Studios Global Entertainment.
Ian J. Ball
2019-07-04 04:45:41 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
https://deadline.com/2019/07/good-witch-season-6-renewal-hallmark-channel-bailee-madison-exit-1202641622/
‘Good Witch’ Renewed For Season 6 By Hallmark Channel; Bailee Madison To Depart
By Nellie Andreeva
July 3, 2019 9:54am
Three weeks into its fifth-season run, Hallmark Channel has renewed
top-rated series Good Witch, starring Catherine Bell, for a sixth
season. Season 6 of the supernatural comedy-drama will be without
Bailee Madison, who will be exiting after starring as Grace Russell
since the series’ 2015 launch.
I amazed that they manage to keep her this long.
2019-07-04 04:55:42 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
https://deadline.com/2019/07/good-witch-season-6-renewal-hallmark-channel-ba
ilee-madison-exit-1202641622/
‘Good Witch’ Renewed For Season 6 By Hallmark Channel; Bailee Madison To Depart
By Nellie Andreeva
July 3, 2019 9:54am
Three weeks into its fifth-season run, Hallmark Channel has renewed
top-rated series Good Witch, starring Catherine Bell, for a sixth
season. Season 6 of the supernatural comedy-drama will be without
Bailee Madison, who will be exiting after starring as Grace Russell
since the series’ 2015 launch.
I amazed that they manage to keep her this long.
It can't be more than a few weeks work a year. She doesn't do any other TV,
and she does one 'movie' I've never heard of a year.

Her IMDb (which makes her sound simple) says she makes $36,465 an ep for 10
eps a year.
I'm not sure why she's leaving. Is she going to school in real life too?

The big question is, does this all mean less JAG in NCIS?
2019-07-04 15:30:37 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
https://deadline.com/2019/07/good-witch-season-6-renewal-hallmark-channel-bailee-madison-exit-1202641622/
‘Good Witch’ Renewed For Season 6 By Hallmark Channel; Bailee Madison To Depart
By Nellie Andreeva
July 3, 2019 9:54am
Three weeks into its fifth-season run, Hallmark Channel has renewed
top-rated series Good Witch, starring Catherine Bell, for a sixth
season. Season 6 of the supernatural comedy-drama will be without
Bailee Madison, who will be exiting after starring as Grace Russell
since the series’ 2015 launch.
I amazed that they manage to keep her this long.
It can't be more than a few weeks work a year. She doesn't do any other TV,
and she does one 'movie' I've never heard of a year.
It'll be interesting to see if this is it for her, and she retires from
acting (as a lot of child actors do around this age), or whether she's
leaving GW because she wants to get another TV series gig (I'm sure The
CW would hire her...).
Post by anim8rfsk
Her IMDb (which makes her sound simple) says she makes $36,465 an ep for 10
eps a year.
I'm not sure why she's leaving. Is she going to school in real life too?
It's either that, or as I said above - she's leaving because she wants
to do another (less sucky) TV series.
2019-07-04 16:34:23 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
The big question is, does this all mean less JAG in NCIS?
I recognize her name because she used to pop up in varies things I
watched. And I vaguely remember her from the Good Witch, but I dumped
the show after the first season. I haven't seen her in *anything* since
she fell into the Good Witch black hole. It could be she wants to get
on a show on a network people actually watch. She probably signed a
standard 5 year contract, and at the time who knew the show would be a
hit and actually last that long. Now her contract is probably up and
she's out.
anim8rfsk
2019-07-04 21:41:22 UTC
Post by anim8rfsk
The big question is, does this all mean less JAG in NCIS?
I recognize her name because she used to pop up in varies things I
watched. And I vaguely remember her from the Good Witch, but I dumped
the show after the first season. I haven't seen her in *anything* since
she fell into the Good Witch black hole. It could be she wants to get
on a show on a network people actually watch. She probably signed a
standard 5 year contract, and at the time who knew the show would be a
hit and actually last that long. Now her contract is probably up and
she's out.
Without her they should just shitcan the show and let Mac go to NCIS.
She's fine. They should have ditched the doc's kid.
a***@gmail.com
2019-07-12 05:39:24 UTC
She's fine. They should have ditched the doc's kid.
I know right? What happened to him?

anim8rfsk
2019-07-04 04:48:10 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
https://deadline.com/2019/07/good-witch-season-6-renewal-hallmark-channel-bail
ee-madison-exit-1202641622/
‘Good Witch’ Renewed For Season 6 By Hallmark Channel; Bailee Madison To
Depart
By Nellie Andreeva
July 3, 2019 9:54am
Three weeks
Three weeks? We just saw episode 5 ...
Post by Robin Miller
into its fifth-season run, Hallmark Channel has renewed
top-rated series Good Witch, starring Catherine Bell, for a sixth
season. Season 6 of the supernatural comedy-drama will be without Bailee
Madison, who will be exiting after starring as Grace Russell since the
series’ 2015 launch.
This is a mistake, although I expected it.
Post by Robin Miller
“Once again, being the No. 1 series in cable, we are thrilled to
announce a Season 6 pickup of Good Witch,” Michelle Vicary, EVP
Programming & Publicity at Crown Media Family Networks, said in a
statement to Deadline. “Bailee Madison will always be a beloved member
of the Hallmark family.”
Based on Hallmark’s successful movie franchise that marks its 11th
anniversary this year, Good Witch is one of two popular, long-running
scripted series on Hallmark Channel, along with flagship When Calls the
Heart. With the latter recently wrapping its latest season, Good Witch
is taking on the mantle of ad-supported cable’s No. 1 scripted series
currently on the air in total viewers and women 25-54.
Good Witch, which also stars James Denton, has followed newly widowed
NEWLY? Try a decade
Post by Robin Miller
Cassie Nightingale (Bell), the good-natured enchantress of the fictional
town of Middleton, and her now-teenage daughter Grace (Madison), who
shares her mother’s unique gifts of insight and intuition. Grace is set
to graduate from high school in 2019, allowing for a natural wrap of her
storyline as a regular character on the show.
Bullshit. Her natural character arc would be to become the new Gray Lady.
Post by Robin Miller
Co-starring on Good Witch are Rhys Matthew Bond,
But but but ... they're setting up him leaving, too!

All the kids characters are the same age, so the younger cast is about to be
literally decimated.
Post by Robin Miller
Sarah Power, Catherine
Disher, Kylee Evans, Peter MacNeill and Dan Jeannotte.
Jeannotte is at best an occasional cameo.
Post by Robin Miller
The series is a
Whizbang Films production in association with ITV Studios America.
Executive producers are Darin Goldberg, Orly Adelson, Jonathan Eskenas,
Frank Siracusa and Craig Pryce. Bell is co-executive producer and Janina
Barrett serves as supervising producer. Colin Brunton is producer. Good
Witch is distributed internationally by ITV Studios Global Entertainment.
So they've now got Cassie, Sam, Son of Sam, Daughter of Cassie, Grandfather
who isn't related to anybody, Bad Witch, and Brother of Cassie who is no
relation to anybody either all living at Gray House. How do they have enough
rooms left over to rent?