David Milch Has Alzheimer's
2020-10-18 02:12:50 UTC
From Variety:

https://variety.com/2020/tv/spotlight/deadwood-nypd-blue-creator-david-milch-brave-battle-alzheimers-1234807100/

I find this to be incredibly distressing news, esp. for somebody like Milch.
2020-10-18 02:39:56 UTC
https://variety.com/2020/tv/spotlight/deadwood-nypd-blue-creator-david-milch-brave-battle-alzheimers-1234807100/
I find this to be incredibly distressing news, esp. for somebody like Milch.
It's interesting that in TV, as opposed to movies, it's *writers* who
are the geniuses. Yes, a milestone loss...
Adam H. Kerman
2020-10-18 03:22:18 UTC
https://variety.com/2020/tv/spotlight/deadwood-nypd-blue-creator-david-milch-brave-battle-alzheimers-1234807100/
I find this to be incredibly distressing news, esp. for somebody like Milch.
It's interesting that in TV, as opposed to movies, it's *writers* who
are the geniuses. Yes, a milestone loss...
That's an incredibly stupid thing to write. Can you name a whole lot of
movies in which genius directors overcame weak scripts to give us
brilliant movies?
moviePig
Takes one to followup one...
FPP
2020-10-18 14:54:35 UTC
https://variety.com/2020/tv/spotlight/deadwood-nypd-blue-creator-david-milch-brave-battle-alzheimers-1234807100/
I find this to be incredibly distressing news, esp. for somebody like Milch.
It's interesting that in TV, as opposed to movies, it's *writers* who
are the geniuses.  Yes, a milestone loss...
That's an incredibly stupid thing to write. ...
Takes one to followup one...
On the blu-ray of the Deadwood movie, there's a featurette in the Bonus
Materials where they allude to Milch's problems with getting the film made.

He doesn't look good... I never forgave him for abandoning the 4th
season of Deadwood (it was renewed, and the actors signed and ready to
go) but he wanted to do his Mystical Surfer "John from Cincinnati"
series instead - which lasted an interminable 10 episodes before being
put out of it's misery.

He produced 3 seasons of something that will outlive him, and I guess
that's not a bad way to be remembered. Plus, he'll always be remembered
for having the record for the most uses of the word 'cocksucker' in a
single episode of TV (Mister Wu).

A record that will likely never be beat.
--
There's nothing more American than demanding to carry an AR-15 to
"protect yourself" but refusing to wear a mask to protect everyone else.

If you hired a guy to "Make My House Great Again", and he hired his
incompetent children, stole your money, gave it away to your richest
neighbors, let everyone get sick, killed your grandma, backed over your
mailbox, burned down your house and blamed it on your black friends next
door... would YOU hire him AGAIN?

REAL PRESIDENTS LEAD. REALITY TV PRESIDENTS DON'T.
Trump: "No, I don't take responsibility at all." - 3/13/20
moviePig
2020-10-18 15:14:15 UTC
[...]
http://youtu.be/4KsU89R1A8M
A record that will likely never be beat.
...until 'South Park' does a Milch tribute, maybe. (My reverence would
probably be split between 'Deadwood' and 'NYPD Blue' ...and my faith
remained strong enough to tide me all the way through 'JFC'.)
FPP
2020-10-18 15:17:14 UTC
[...]
I made it almost 20 minutes...

Adam H. Kerman
2020-10-18 03:20:18 UTC
That is sad news.
i***@gmail.com
2020-10-18 03:39:19 UTC
https://variety.com/2020/tv/spotlight/deadwood-nypd-blue-creator-david-milch-brave-battle-alzheimers-1234807100/
I find this to be incredibly distressing news, esp. for somebody like Milc
I am sorry to hear this. I've always considered "NYPD Blue" to be one of the
very best TV shows of all time.

Irish Mike