[OT] KFC in Canada offers only halal chicken and no pork
2024-07-09 20:29:27 UTC
I've just discovered that KFC here in Canada is now offering only halal
chicken and has apparently stopped offering pork. (Mind you, I haven't
been to a KFC in many years and don't remember them offering pork even
then.)

https://nowtoronto.com/news/canadians-react-to-kfc-canada-serving-only-halal-meat-while-excluding-pork-options/

Comments under the article claim that other chicken places have been
halal for a while but who knows how accurate that is....

Apparently, the squeaky wheel DOES get the grease, otherwise I don't
see these chains going over to an all-halal menu.
2024-07-09 22:16:54 UTC
I've just discovered that KFC here in Canada is now offering only halal
chicken and has apparently stopped offering pork. (Mind you, I haven't
been to a KFC in many years and don't remember them offering pork even
then.)
I tried (and failed because their app doesn’t work at all) order from them
today. There are no pork options.
2024-07-10 00:14:30 UTC
I've just discovered that KFC here in Canada is now offering only halal
chicken and has apparently stopped offering pork. (Mind you, I haven't
been to a KFC in many years and don't remember them offering pork even
then.)
I have never heard of KFC serving pork, either.

Let's go Brandon!
anim8rfsk
2024-07-10 04:23:01 UTC
I've just discovered that KFC here in Canada is now offering only halal
chicken and has apparently stopped offering pork. (Mind you, I haven't
been to a KFC in many years and don't remember them offering pork even
then.)
I have never heard of KFC serving pork, either.
Ah. Mr. Google says KFC Kanadia had bacon for some reason. They are
banning bacon to make the menu more inclusive. Idiots.
Let's go Brandon!
2024-07-10 08:30:42 UTC
I've just discovered that KFC here in Canada is now offering only halal
chicken and has apparently stopped offering pork. (Mind you, I haven't
been to a KFC in many years and don't remember them offering pork even
then.)
I have never heard of KFC serving pork, either.
Ah. Mr. Google says KFC Kanadia had bacon for some reason. They are
banning bacon to make the menu more inclusive. Idiots.
Ohh, bacon? Yeah, they sell chicken club sandwhiches.
I was thinking of pork chops.

Let's go Brandon!
Adam H. Kerman
2024-07-10 00:28:26 UTC
I've just discovered that KFC here in Canada is now offering only halal
chicken and has apparently stopped offering pork. (Mind you, I haven't
been to a KFC in many years and don't remember them offering pork even
then.)
https://nowtoronto.com/news/canadians-react-to-kfc-canada-serving-only-halal-meat-while-excluding-pork-options/
Comments under the article claim that other chicken places have been
halal for a while but who knows how accurate that is....
Apparently, the squeaky wheel DOES get the grease, otherwise I don't
see these chains going over to an all-halal menu.
It's a restaurant chain I hardly ever eat at. I had no idea they had any
pork. Halal has the same rules as kosher, I believe. It's not enough
that the meat is halal. The entire kitchen has to be kept halal and
there are lots of rules that the employees would have to follow.
Rhino
2024-07-10 01:50:53 UTC
On Wed, 10 Jul 2024 00:28:26 -0000 (UTC)
[...]
I remember seeing a comment in an article years ago where a guy who
claimed to be familiar with the rules for both kosher and halal and had
been in the meat-processing industry said halal meat was really dodgy
compared to kosher and he would never eat it or suggest anyone else
eat it or words to that effect. As with any other commenter, I had no
idea if he was speaking truth or was just a bot trying to dis Muslims.
It seems like something that could be determined scientifically and
objectively but I'm having trouble imagining anyone actually doing
that analysis for fear of causing massive offense to someone. (I
realize that food inspectors should know this kind of thing but who
knows what rules they operate by or if they are skewed by political
pressures.)

But it IS clear that street food in China is DEFINITELY something any
sane person would stay away from if you watch this video:

[10 minutes]

Imagine your food cooked in sewage, spit or other malodorous
substances! No thank you!!!!
2024-07-10 08:30:43 UTC
http://youtu.be/92ZP33_mN9s [10 minutes]
Imagine your food cooked in sewage, spit or other malodorous
substances! No thank you!!!!
Well, that IS how the Wuhan Flu came into existance... ;-)

[Kerman's incorrect formatting fixed.]

Let's go Brandon!
suzeeq
Maybe there's bacon in the baked beans?
The Horny Goat
2024-07-10 17:36:50 UTC
On Tue, 9 Jul 2024 16:29:27 -0400, Rhino
Post by Rhino
I've just discovered that KFC here in Canada is now offering only halal
chicken and has apparently stopped offering pork. (Mind you, I haven't
been to a KFC in many years and don't remember them offering pork even
then.)
https://nowtoronto.com/news/canadians-react-to-kfc-canada-serving-only-halal-meat-while-excluding-pork-options/
Comments under the article claim that other chicken places have been
halal for a while but who knows how accurate that is....
Apparently, the squeaky wheel DOES get the grease, otherwise I don't
see these chains going over to an all-halal menu.
I have no problem with KFC not offering pork, since if you go to KFC
you expect to get chicken. KFC never claimed to offer a full menu
after all. (And their fries are gawdawful)
Ubiquitous
2024-07-10 17:48:46 UTC
I have no problem with KFC not offering pork, since if you go to KFC
you expect to get chicken. KFC never claimed to offer a full menu
after all. (And their fries are gawdawful)
Oh, I loved their potato wedges!
I don't know why they switched to fries dusted with what they put on their
chicken.

Let's go Brandon!
anim8rfsk
2024-07-10 17:54:43 UTC
I have no problem with KFC not offering pork, since if you go to KFC
you expect to get chicken. KFC never claimed to offer a full menu
after all. (And their fries are gawdawful)
Oh, I loved their potato wedges!
I don't know why they switched to fries dusted with what they put on their
chicken.
KFC has been experimenting with different ways to make bad fries since
they’re wonderful potato wedges debuted, what, in the 20th century?
Let's go Brandon!