Angie Tribeca Has "Reunion" 3-Months After Show Canned
Add Reply
Alan Smithee
2019-10-06 05:03:10 UTC
WOW! A whole 90 days.

https://lifestyle.clickhole.com/way-too-fucking-soon-the-cast-of-angie-tribeca-just-1838300860

Way Too Fucking Soon: The Cast of 'Angie Tribeca' Just Came Together For
An Incredibly Emotional Reunion

Sitcom cast members from shows like Full House, The Fresh Prince Of Bel
Air, and Boy Meets World have reunited on TV years later to rapturous
reactions from fans, but recently, a group of actors tried to cash their
nostalgia chips in way, way too soon:

The cast of Angie Tribeca just came together for an incredibly emotional
reunion.

The show got cancelled what, a few months ago? This is humiliating for
all involved.

The Angie Tribeca cast got together on The Tonight Show With Jimmy
Fallon to spend 20 tearful minutes reminiscing and telling stories about
their time working on the police procedural, which aired for four brief
seasons on TBS between 2016 and 2019.

The reunion began when Jimmy brought out stars Rashida Jones, Hayes
MacArthur, Deon Cole, and the rest of the cast one by one as their
fellow cast members stood with tears in their eyes and their hands over
their open mouths, rushing to embrace one another as they could be heard
whispering, "What’s up, you old joker?" and, “It’s been too long,”
acting like old friends reuniting for the first time in decades instead
of former coworkers who just saw each other in May of this year on the
set a TV show that most of the audience members probably didn't even
realize was off the air yet.

Jimmy then surprised the group with a photo from the show's first day of
shooting a mere three years before, at which the cast members all
gasped, some of them doubling over in laughter as they cracked jokes
about everyone's younger looks -- despite the fact that a casual
observer probably couldn't have told the difference between them at the
current day versus in the picture.

Good God. What a painful spectacle.

As the segment went on, Fallon read responses from the Twitter hashtag
#MyAngieTribeca, where fewer than 15 viewers wrote in about memories
they had of the show, most of which were lukewarm statements like,

“My friend showed me Angie Tribeca back in 2017,” and, “I think they had
Aaron Carter on an episode at some point last year.”

In the climax of the segment, Jere Burns even broke down crying at the
tepid responses, muttering to himself, "It was a different time... we
were so innocent..."

The cast members were all moved to tears and assured one another that
they would never let this much time pass before getting the Angie
Tribeca gang together again, all while the people in the Tonight Show
studio audience apathetically looked at their phones and tried to figure
out when they could leave.

Yikes. This was truly an uncomfortable display. For a reunion this
over-the-top, the Angie Tribeca cast definitely should have waited
another five years at the absolute minimum.

Let's hope we don't have to watch another embarrassing spectacle like
this one for a good long time.
Barry Margolin
2019-10-07 16:17:50 UTC
Post by Alan Smithee
The cast of Angie Tribeca just came together for an incredibly emotional
reunion.
The show got cancelled what, a few months ago? This is humiliating for
all involved.
Isn't that the whole joke? The show was a broad spoof (a la "Airplane!"
and "Police Squad!"), and this was obviously a spoof of cast reunions.
Of course it's stupid to do a reunion right after the show has been
cancelled, but going over the top is SOP for this show. I give props for
them for finding a way to continue the humor even after the show is over
-- the author of this article just didn't get the joke.

If you want an example of embarrassing spectacles, it would be the
retrospective of "The Good Place" that led into the new season. I like
the show, but I realize that it's just a cult hit and this is only its
4th season. These kinds of shows are appropriate for long-running, huge
hits like "Friends" and "Seinfeld".
--
Barry Margolin
Arlington, MA
Alan Smithee
that actually makes sense.
Ubiquitous
2019-10-08 23:55:37 UTC
Post by Alan Smithee
Sitcom cast members from shows like Full House, The Fresh Prince Of Bel
Air, and Boy Meets World have reunited on TV years later to rapturous
reactions from fans, but recently, a group of actors tried to cash their
The cast of Angie Tribeca just came together for an incredibly emotional
reunion.
The show got cancelled what, a few months ago? This is humiliating for
all involved.
Umm, you do understand this show is spoofing reunion shows, right?
--
Watching Democrats come up with schemes to "catch Trump" is like
watching Wile E. Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.