Yoga Pants Garcetti: Citizens Required to Wear Masks in Their Own Homes...
2020-11-24 09:55:13 UTC
If you have anyone over from outside your household, you're now required by
law to wear a mask.

Garcetti also wants you masked when you're in your car. He says it's too
easy to forget to put it on when you arrive at your destination, so he's
now requiring drivers to wear them while driving, even if they're alone in
the car.

He's also gone full-Stasi and is encouraging neighbors to rat each other
out if they see someone not masking in their own home or having too many
people over for Thanksgiving.

On the other hand, the L.A. County Sheriff says his deputies will not be
enforcing any health orders; that if the Department of Health wants to
enforce them, they can do it themselves. He says this is one of those
situations where they can send a social worker rather than a cop and since
they've been defunded, they don't have the manpower to do both health
enforcement as well as all their other duties. I didn't vote for him, but
he's really starting to win me over, the way he throws the leftists' insane
rhetoric back in their faces and forces them to walk their talk.

And we get all this authoritarian crap from Yoga Pants who was wading into
throngs of BLM protesters without a mask on so he could kneel before them
and politically pander.

When Garcetti starts paying my bills and my mortgage and my taxes, he can
call the shots about what goes on in my home. Until then, it's my house, my
rules.

**I remember when all this started and FPP declared that if the government
can require you to wear pants, it can require you to wear a mask. Well, the
government *can't* require me to wear pants in my own home, so even under
FPP's criteria, this is an illegal government order.
FPP
2020-11-24 11:20:58 UTC
[...]
Please don't stop... after all, you have four years of impotent outrage
to make up for.
--
"Good night wall, good night cages, good night endless Midnight rages."
"Good night thief, good night grief, good night cruel and callous Chief."

The Million MAGA March is mostly men... probably because the men aren't
very good at getting their women to come. Or so I've heard...

November 7, 2020 - Happy V-T Day!
trotsky
2020-11-24 15:02:10 UTC
[...]
Shouldn't he have formed a well regulated militia by now to compensate?

P.S. if I ever run as a candidate for something my platform will be "I
want to reform the 2nd Amendment and take away your militias."
BTR1701
2020-11-24 17:34:49 UTC
P.S. if I ever run as a candidate for something my platform
Your platform will collapse under your titanic weight.
trotsky
2020-11-24 17:54:44 UTC
Is your used buttplug in too tight again buddy?
FPP
2020-11-24 22:30:57 UTC
P.S. if I ever run as a candidate for something my platform
Your platform will collapse under your titanic weight.
You mean like yours just did?

November 7, 2020 - Happy V-T Day!
trotsky
2020-11-25 14:41:26 UTC
P.S. if I ever run as a candidate for something my platform
Your platform will collapse under your titanic weight.
You mean like yours just did?
If platforms haven't collapsed at Trump superspreader events I think I'm
safe.
The Horny Goat
2020-11-29 08:38:37 UTC
Shouldn't he have formed a well regulated militia by now to compensate?
P.S. if I ever run as a candidate for something my platform will be "I
want to reform the 2nd Amendment and take away your militias."
I'd be satisfied if he campaigned on requiring the SCOTUS to give a
definitive definition of what a 'well regulated militia' actually WAS
rather than whatever the litigant thinks it is.
FPP
2020-11-24 11:27:26 UTC
[...]
Here... let me offer you a piece of advice. Act like a fucking MAN for
once.

Instead of whining about it here on Usenet, why don't you get up off
your fat ass and DO something about it? It's YOUR home... so stop
acting like a bitch.

You're a citizen. You say you have a legal background. You say you
have a law enforcement background. So get the fuck up off your fat ass
and DO something about it!

Put your money where your fat mouth is - and DO something about it. Or
you can continue to gnash your teeth and whine here like an impotent
little bitch.

Your choice.

November 7, 2020 - Happy V-T Day!
trotsky
His buttplug is less effective if he's not sitting down.
Rhino
2020-11-24 14:20:05 UTC
If you have anyone over from outside your household, you're now required by
law to wear a mask.
Garcetti also wants you masked when you're in your car. He says it's too
easy to forget to put it on when you arrive at your destination, so he's
now requiring drivers to wear them while driving, even if they're alone in
the car.
While he's apparently reveling in being an authoritarian, forcing
drivers to wear masks in their cars is a MASSIVE safety hazard. I've
worn glasses since I was in Grade 3 and I need them for absolutely
everything except sleeping and showering. Whenever I put on a mask, my
glasses steam up horribly and I might as well have my eyes closed.

Just yesterday, I was out grocery shopping and almost bonked my head
very hard on an overhead sign that I only saw at the last second. When I
tried to read packaging on items, I couldn't make out a word. I
literally have to hold the top edge of the mask flat against my face
with one hand the entire way through the supermarket just to be able to
read packaging. It's extremely tedious.

If I had to drive with a mask on, I would have to steer - and shift!! -
with my remaining hand and that would constitute a huge safety hazard
for myself and any drivers or pedestrians nearby.

There must still be many hundreds of thousands of people in LA who still
wear glasses - even just sunglasses - who would be in the same position.
Can he really be THAT clueless that he doesn't understand that?
Apparently he is, otherwise he couldn't have come up with rules like that.
Post by BTR1701
He's also gone full-Stasi and is encouraging neighbors to rat each other
out if they see someone not masking in their own home or having too many
people over for Thanksgiving.
I would have thought the media kerfuffle over his own recent maskless
dining experience might have taught him something but apparently he's
only capable of doubling down on the foolishness....
Post by BTR1701
On the other hand, the L.A. County Sheriff says his deputies will not be
enforcing any health orders; that if the Department of Health wants to
enforce them, they can do it themselves. He says this is one of those
situations where they can send a social worker rather than a cop and since
they've been defunded, they don't have the manpower to do both health
enforcement as well as all their other duties. I didn't vote for him, but
he's really starting to win me over, the way he throws the leftists' insane
rhetoric back in their faces and forces them to walk their talk.
You can bet the "progressives" are already working on getting him
"un-elected", either by finding or manufacturing a scandal to force his
resignation, or building up a candidate to contest his next election.
Post by BTR1701
And we get all this authoritarian crap from Yoga Pants who was wading into
throngs of BLM protesters without a mask on so he could kneel before them
and politically pander.
Hey, give him a break, he can't give a blow job with a mask on!
Post by BTR1701
When Garcetti starts paying my bills and my mortgage and my taxes, he can
call the shots about what goes on in my home. Until then, it's my house, my
rules.
2020-11-24 14:45:03 UTC
Post by BTR1701
**I remember when all this started and FPP declared that if the government
can require you to wear pants, it can require you to wear a mask. Well, the
government *can't* require me to wear pants in my own home, so even under
FPP's criteria, this is an illegal government order.
Just because Thanny TELLS you something doesn't mean it's true. If he
had proof, why doesn't he post it so WE can judge for ourselves?

Try thinking FOR yourself for a change.

November 7, 2020 - Happy V-T Day!
BTR1701
2020-11-24 17:33:44 UTC
Post by BTR1701
He's also gone full-Stasi and is encouraging neighbors to rat each other
out if they see someone not masking in their own home or having too many
people over for Thanksgiving.
I would have thought the media kerfuffle over his own recent maskless
dining experience might have taught him something
That was Newsom, not Garcetti. Garcetti's moment of public hypocrisy
came when he went prancing out into the BLM mobs without a mask so the
cameras could get a good shot of him prostrating himself before them and
licking their boots.
On the other hand, the L.A. County Sheriff says his deputies will not be
enforcing any health orders; that if the Department of Health wants to
enforce them, they can do it themselves. He says this is one of those
situations where they can send a social worker rather than a cop and
since they've been defunded, they don't have the manpower to do both
health enforcement as well as all their other duties. I didn't vote
for him, but he's really starting to win me over, the way he throws the
leftists' insane rhetoric back in their faces and forces them to walk
their talk.
You can bet the "progressives" are already working on getting him
"un-elected",
The Board of Supervisors is "exploring ways to impeach him" because he
doesn't kiss their ass and ask them permission to do everything.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/board-of-supervisors-seek-to-imp
each-sheriff-alex-villanueva/2450051/

Problem for them is that there is no actual legal authority or mechanism
to impeach the sheriff, so whatever they're doing, they're basically
making it up and will be smacked down by a court.
Rhino
2020-11-24 18:15:33 UTC
Post by BTR1701
He's also gone full-Stasi and is encouraging neighbors to rat each other
out if they see someone not masking in their own home or having too many
people over for Thanksgiving.
I would have thought the media kerfuffle over his own recent maskless
dining experience might have taught him something
That was Newsom, not Garcetti. Garcetti's moment of public hypocrisy
came when he went prancing out into the BLM mobs without a mask so the
cameras could get a good shot of him prostrating himself before them and
licking their boots.
Oops, I got my dictator wannabes mixed up! In all fairness, it's getting
hard to tell these guys apart given their similar styles and hypocrisy!
[...]
So a sheriff can't be removed before his term ends, whenever that might
be? Interesting: you can recall a governor or impeach and convict a
president but there's no way to remove a sheriff....

Obviously, he can still leave office by dying or resigning so his
enemies are back to finding or manufacturing a scandal to pressure him
out of office. I'll bet the Dirty Tricks guys are working hard on that!
(Heck, maybe they're even working on setting up a hit!) How long is his
term? Two years? Four years?
2020-11-24 18:22:10 UTC
Post by BTR1701
[...]
Short of criminal activity and arrest, no. It's up to the voters, which
is what really bugs the Board of Supervisors. They're the elites, they
think they should be calling the shots, not the pesky proles.
FPP
2020-11-24 22:33:01 UTC
Post by BTR1701
[...]
Jesus... in light of Orange Fuckface's attempts to thwart democracy, do
you KNOW how stupid you sound?

November 7, 2020 - Happy V-T Day!
trotsky
All the stupids?
Ian J. Ball
2020-11-24 18:41:15 UTC
Post by BTR1701
He's also gone full-Stasi and is encouraging neighbors to rat each other
out if they see someone not masking in their own home or having too many
people over for Thanksgiving.
I would have thought the media kerfuffle over his own recent maskless
dining experience might have taught him something
That was Newsom, not Garcetti. Garcetti's moment of public hypocrisy
came when he went prancing out into the BLM mobs without a mask so the
cameras could get a good shot of him prostrating himself before them and
licking their boots.
Oops, I got my dictator wannabes mixed up! In all fairness, it's
getting hard to tell these guys apart given their similar styles and
hypocrisy!
OK, Rhino, this is looking promising - your reply quoting is now
readable. So whatever you did in your Thunderbird must have worked.

Thanks.
2020-11-24 19:30:27 UTC
Post by BTR1701
[...]
His content-transfer-encoding header now reads 7 bits, and he's not
generating useless quoted-printable encoding.

So that's wonderful.

That just leaves Stasiak deliberately generating quoted-printable
encoding because he insists on copying and pasting from a word processor
instead of a text editor. Google Groups turns that into mush.
Rhino
2020-11-24 21:11:47 UTC
Post by BTR1701
[...]
I posted to Mozilla's Thunderbird newsgroup to get advice on how to
handle this but hadn't changed anything yet so I'm pleased to see that
simply changing the font from Variable Width to Fixed Width solved the
problem, although I don't really understand why that worked. I imagine
they'll explain it to me when I tell them that worked.
I use Apple’s “TextEdit” set to plain text.
Adam H. Kerman
2020-11-24 22:45:21 UTC
That just leaves Stasiak deliberately generating quoted-printable=20
encoding because he insists on copying and pasting from a word
processor instead of a text editor. Google Groups turns that into
mush.=20
I use Apple=E2=80=99s =E2=80=9CTextEdit=E2=80=9D set to plain text.
And yet, nothing you post is plain text.

I use Apple=E2=80=99s =E2=80=9CTextEdit=E2=80=9D set to plain
text.
Rhino
2020-11-24 21:09:10 UTC
Post by BTR1701
[...]
All I did was changed my font from Variable Width to Fixed Width. I have
no idea why that should work.

I'm sorry to be so long in noticing your problem with my posts. I did
see one previous mention but assumed it was a fluke; I didn't realize it
was a continuous problem.
2020-11-24 18:47:42 UTC
Post by BTR1701
He's also gone full-Stasi and is encouraging neighbors to rat each other
out if they see someone not masking in their own home or having too many
people over for Thanksgiving.
I would have thought the media kerfuffle over his own recent maskless
dining experience might have taught him something
That was Newsom, not Garcetti. Garcetti's moment of public hypocrisy
came when he went prancing out into the BLM mobs without a mask so the
cameras could get a good shot of him prostrating himself before them and
licking their boots.
Oops, I got my dictator wannabes mixed up! In all fairness, it's getting
hard to tell these guys apart given their similar styles and hypocrisy!
On the floor of the House yesterday, Rep. Tom McClintock skewered Newsom
and the members of the state legislature who ignored travel guidelines
and jetted off to Maui for a junket.

(What do you suppose the over-under is on those assemblymen doing the
14-day mandatory quarantine when they return to California from Hawaii?)
trotsky
2020-11-24 19:22:52 UTC
Oops, I got my dictator wannabes mixed up! In all fairness, it's getting
hard to tell these guys apart given their similar styles and hypocrisy!
On the floor of the House yesterday, Rep. Tom McClintock skewered Newsom
and the members of the state legislature who ignored travel guidelines
and jetted off to Maui for a junket.
http://youtu.be/ZLSeD01fZzA
Wow, that's tough to watch. Within about 15 seconds or so streams of
horseshit was coming out of his mouth. I had to give up shortly thereafter.

This isn't the bubonic plague? That wouldn't last five minutes with our
currently available drugs. People this fucking stupid should be barred
from holding public office.
FPP
2020-11-24 22:39:29 UTC
Oops, I got my dictator wannabes mixed up! In all fairness, it's getting
hard to tell these guys apart given their similar styles and hypocrisy!
On the floor of the House yesterday, Rep. Tom McClintock skewered Newsom
and the members of the state legislature who ignored travel guidelines
and jetted off to Maui for a junket.
http://youtu.be/ZLSeD01fZzA
Wow, that's tough to watch.  Within about 15 seconds or so streams of
horseshit was coming out of his mouth.  I had to give up shortly
thereafter.
This isn't the bubonic plague?  That wouldn't last five minutes with our
currently available drugs.  People this fucking stupid should be barred
from holding public office.
After four years, Thanny's come down with a terminal case of Hypocrisy.
Sure took him long enough...

November 7, 2020 - Happy V-T Day!
number6
2020-11-24 20:07:18 UTC
Post by BTR1701
[...]
Were they following Hawaii's 14 day self quarantine ???

The state of Hawaii's 14-day mandatory self-quarantine for all travelers arriving in the Hawaiian Islands remains in effect. ... Beginning November 24, travelers must have their negative test results prior to arriving to the Hawaiian Islands. Visit hawaiicovid19.com/travel for the most up-to-date information.
Rhino
2020-11-24 21:13:22 UTC
Post by BTR1701
[...]
I'd say there are two chances, Slim and None, and Slim just left town.
These people are far too important to be bothered with quarantines.
Their state NEEDS them to come up with ever more intrusive rules!
2020-11-25 01:28:38 UTC
[...]
I noticed that we had a big announcement of new closures and
restrictions yesterday but Emperor Newsom was unusually absent from the
press conference. Normally he can't resist being the center of attention
with his perfect hair and covergirl looks, but this time he let the
state health director do it instead.

Perhaps he didn't want to be on stage in front of the press announcing
further crackdowns on the citizens while he's still smarting from
breaking all those same rules himself. And he can't count on the press
protecting him anymore like they usually do. Even the rags that have
been friendliest to him over the years are roasting him for his
behavior-- especially now that he was even caught lying in his apology.
He claimed the dinner was outdoor seating and masks were worn but
surreptitious photographs taken by other diners came out showing no
masks and the seating was inside the restaurant, not outdoors.

What's more telling is that neither Emperor and Empress Newsom, nor any
of their guests, were afraid of the Wuhan Flu at that gathering. Put
aside the blatant hypocrisy of them breaking all the rules they impose
on the rest of us, the most revealing thing is how unafraid of the virus
they were in doing it. There's a huge clue in there for anyone who wants
to see it.
Adam H. Kerman
2020-11-24 19:26:50 UTC
Post by BTR1701
[...]
Recall is different; that's done by initiative and referendum, and it
doesn't do any good if there's 2 years left on the term. Impeachment is
generally limited to governors, not local office. There may be states that
remove judges by impeachment but I've never heard of it. My state doesn't.

As a sheriff is a public office inherited from England, there is a
provision in common law in which the coroner can remove the sheriff with
a finding of malfeseance.

Now, state law in most states incorporated common law through a certain
year, always making the exception for James II. Sometimes it's until the
UK ceded control of that part of the New World, or other times it's just
until a year named. The United States did not incorporate common law.
Instead the First Congress passed a series of basic laws based on common
law.

Louisiana territory had the Napoleonic Code and not common law.

I have no idea if this provision is effective in California.

Also, office of coroner doesn't always exist. Note that "medical
examiner" is the title of a public office and not a medical profession.
The profession is forensic pathologist and, generally, even in a state
with a medical examiner and no coroner, they don't always require the
office to be held by a forensic pathologist.

Where no coroner exists, which mostly means that the death finding is by
the examining physician and not by jury at inquest, this "arrest the
sheriff" duty would not exist.

For a political dispute like this, the sheriff is entirely independent
of the county board as long as he doesn't exceed budget authority.
Typically, county office is four years.
Rhino
2020-11-24 21:29:22 UTC
Post by BTR1701
[...]
Why? I'd be happy if any bad politician was removed from office, even if
he only had days left on his term. I don't care if he's the President or
the local dog catcher.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Impeachment is
generally limited to governors, not local office. There may be states that
remove judges by impeachment but I've never heard of it. My state doesn't.
I thought I heard a claim recently that Supreme Court Justices can be
impeached but I'm not sure if that's accurate. Any idea?
Post by Adam H. Kerman
As a sheriff is a public office inherited from England, there is a
provision in common law in which the coroner can remove the sheriff with
a finding of malfeseance.
I wonder what keeps a coroner from doing so under false pretenses,
perhaps as the result of a personal animosity? Are you aware of any
cases where this has actually been done, especially in the US in modern
times?
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Now, state law in most states incorporated common law through a certain
year, always making the exception for James II. Sometimes it's until the
UK ceded control of that part of the New World, or other times it's just
until a year named. The United States did not incorporate common law.
Instead the First Congress passed a series of basic laws based on common
law.
So you didn't inherit the entire body of English common law, just
selected parts of it?
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Louisiana territory had the Napoleonic Code and not common law.
Strange given that Napoleon hadn't been Emperor very long when he sold
off Louisiana and that his legal reforms hadn't been the first thing
he'd done either.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
I have no idea if this provision is effective in California.
Also, office of coroner doesn't always exist. Note that "medical
examiner" is the title of a public office and not a medical profession.
The profession is forensic pathologist and, generally, even in a state
with a medical examiner and no coroner, they don't always require the
office to be held by a forensic pathologist.
If the job is mostly to administer pathologists rather than be a
pathologist, that seems pretty reasonable.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Where no coroner exists, which mostly means that the death finding is by
the examining physician and not by jury at inquest, this "arrest the
sheriff" duty would not exist.
For a political dispute like this, the sheriff is entirely independent
of the county board as long as he doesn't exceed budget authority.
American state laws have no concept of confidence votes.
So the board only sets the budget and offers advice on other matters but
can only fire the sheriff if he/she doesn't go over budget?
Obviously, he can still leave office by dying or resigning so his
enemies are back to finding or manufacturing a scandal to pressure him
out of office. I'll bet the Dirty Tricks guys are working hard on that!
(Heck, maybe they're even working on setting up a hit!) How long is his
term? Two years? Four years?
Typically, county office is four years.
I find it interesting that cities have police chiefs and counties have
sheriffs, which are essentially the same job, but the method of
acquiring a chief - or getting rid of him - is entirely different from
the methods used for sheriffs. Why not elect police chiefs just like
sheriffs and remove them in the same ways?

I'm sure the reasons are steeped in history/precedent and it would be
difficult to change the system so I'm saying I *expect* that to be done;
I just think it's odd how differently the two offices are handled.
But the area was settled by the French bfore Napolean so
suzeeq
This was supposed to be deleted, but I hit send by mistake...
Adam H. Kerman
2020-11-24 23:11:13 UTC
Post by BTR1701
[...]
Typically, in states with recall, if the office is elected at the
even-numbered year, then the recall is at the next even-numbered year
election, so the recall initiative has to occur fairly early in the term.
Impeachment is generally limited to governors, not local office. There
may be states that remove judges by impeachment but I've never heard
of it. My state doesn't.
I thought I heard a claim recently that Supreme Court Justices can be
impeached but I'm not sure if that's accurate. Any idea?
Federal judges, yes. States may have entirely different procedures.
As a sheriff is a public office inherited from England, there is a
provision in common law in which the coroner can remove the sheriff with
a finding of malfeseance.
I wonder what keeps a coroner from doing so under false pretenses,
perhaps as the result of a personal animosity? Are you aware of any
cases where this has actually been done, especially in the US in modern
times?
The coroner would still have to carry out an investigation. The sheriff
cannot investigate himself.

I don't know when it last happened.
Now, state law in most states incorporated common law through a certain
year, always making the exception for James II. Sometimes it's until the
UK ceded control of that part of the New World, or other times it's just
until a year named. The United States did not incorporate common law.
Instead the First Congress passed a series of basic laws based on common
law.
So you didn't inherit the entire body of English common law, just
selected parts of it?
The stuff under James II was largely about forced conversion back to
Catholicism. I'm not sure why it was never formally repealed by a
subsequent parliament. Not familiar enough with English legal history.
Louisiana territory had the Napoleonic Code and not common law.
Strange given that Napoleon hadn't been Emperor very long when he sold
off Louisiana and that his legal reforms hadn't been the first thing
he'd done either.
You're right. I got it backwards. Louisiana Purchase predates the
Napoleonic Code. Nevertheless, it inherited French law and not common law.
I have no idea if this provision is effective in California.
Also, office of coroner doesn't always exist. Note that "medical
examiner" is the title of a public office and not a medical profession.
The profession is forensic pathologist and, generally, even in a state
with a medical examiner and no coroner, they don't always require the
office to be held by a forensic pathologist.
If the job is mostly to administer pathologists rather than be a
pathologist, that seems pretty reasonable.
But it's not. Autopsies are performed all over the country without the
services of a pathologist, let alone forensic pathologist. State law
generally doesn't require a forensic pathologist, so it often depends on
the local jurisdiction. Massachuesettes, on the other hand, has a
statewide office of forensic pathology and autopsies are not performed
by local authorities.
Where no coroner exists, which mostly means that the death finding is by
the examining physician and not by jury at inquest, this "arrest the
sheriff" duty would not exist.
For a political dispute like this, the sheriff is entirely independent
of the county board as long as he doesn't exceed budget authority.
American state laws have no concept of confidence votes.
So the board only sets the budget and offers advice on other matters but
can only fire the sheriff if he/she doesn't go over budget?
The board cannot fire the sheriff at all under any state law I am
familiar with. It's an elected office.
Obviously, he can still leave office by dying or resigning so his
enemies are back to finding or manufacturing a scandal to pressure him
out of office. I'll bet the Dirty Tricks guys are working hard on that!
(Heck, maybe they're even working on setting up a hit!) How long is his
term? Two years? Four years?
Typically, county office is four years.
I find it interesting that cities have police chiefs and counties have
sheriffs, which are essentially the same job, but the method of
acquiring a chief - or getting rid of him - is entirely different from
the methods used for sheriffs. Why not elect police chiefs just like
sheriffs and remove them in the same ways?
Sheriff is a very different job, even though, yes, sheriff's departments
generally have police departments that patrol unincorporated areas.

The sheriff employs the jail warden and guards; the county jail may be
the largest line item in the county budget. The sheriff also employs
bailiffs at courthouses.

A police station has a custody wing, yes, but felons transferred to the
county jail for pre-trial confinement.
The Horny Goat
2020-11-29 08:36:37 UTC
On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 09:20:05 -0500, Rhino
If you have anyone over from outside your household, you're now required by
law to wear a mask.
Garcetti also wants you masked when you're in your car. He says it's too
easy to forget to put it on when you arrive at your destination, so he's
now requiring drivers to wear them while driving, even if they're alone in
the car.
While he's apparently reveling in being an authoritarian, forcing
drivers to wear masks in their cars is a MASSIVE safety hazard. I've
worn glasses since I was in Grade 3 and I need them for absolutely
everything except sleeping and showering. Whenever I put on a mask, my
glasses steam up horribly and I might as well have my eyes closed.
Ditto - when I'm in the grocery store I have no problem looking over
my shoulder and making sure nobody else is close by then quickly
pulling down the mask below my nose to get a clear view then pulling
it up again
Post by Rhino
Just yesterday, I was out grocery shopping and almost bonked my head
very hard on an overhead sign that I only saw at the last second. When I
tried to read packaging on items, I couldn't make out a word. I
literally have to hold the top edge of the mask flat against my face
with one hand the entire way through the supermarket just to be able to
read packaging. It's extremely tedious.
If I had to drive with a mask on, I would have to steer - and shift!! -
with my remaining hand and that would constitute a huge safety hazard
for myself and any drivers or pedestrians nearby.
I agree it's a safety issue for drivers who wear glasses.
Post by BTR1701
On the other hand, the L.A. County Sheriff says his deputies will not be
enforcing any health orders; that if the Department of Health wants to
enforce them, they can do it themselves. He says this is one of those
situations where they can send a social worker rather than a cop and since
they've been defunded, they don't have the manpower to do both health
enforcement as well as all their other duties. I didn't vote for him, but
he's really starting to win me over, the way he throws the leftists' insane
rhetoric back in their faces and forces them to walk their talk.
You can bet the "progressives" are already working on getting him
"un-elected", either by finding or manufacturing a scandal to force his
resignation, or building up a candidate to contest his next election.
Undoubtedly you're right but given the previous election is less than
a month behind us ought not to be a major concern presently. Obviously
this would have been more of a concern 3 months ago.
And we get all this authoritarian crap from Yoga Pants who was wading into
throngs of BLM protesters without a mask on so he could kneel before them
and politically pander.
Hey, give him a break, he can't give a blow job with a mask on!
It's fair to say he did pretty much everything else with that
performance.
FPP
2020-11-24 14:43:04 UTC
[...]
You know what FPP doesn't see here? A fucking citation from the
government as proof.

He did see this specific exemption:
"Individuals are exempt from wearing face coverings in the following
specific settings:
Persons in a car alone or solely with members of their own household."

You know what FPP thinks of taking the word of a known congenital liar?
Not fucking much.

November 7, 2020 - Happy V-T Day!
trotsky
2020-11-24 14:59:21 UTC
And you feel threatened by this how, exactly?
RichA
Mask + sunglasses/glasses = fogged up = accident.
Barry Margolin
2020-11-25 04:44:38 UTC
If you have anyone over from outside your household, you're now required by
law to wear a mask.
Garcetti also wants you masked when you're in your car. He says it's too
easy to forget to put it on when you arrive at your destination, so he's
now requiring drivers to wear them while driving, even if they're alone in
the car.
Where did you read this? I've been searching for confirmation of this
claim, and I can't find it. In fact, I just found an article on
nbclosangeles.com that says the exact opposite:

"Individuals are exempt from wearing face coverings in the following
specific settings:

* Persons in a car alone or solely with members of their own household.

* Persons who are working in an office or in a room alone.
..."
--
Barry Margolin
Arlington, MA
FPP
2020-11-25 08:15:56 UTC
Post by Barry Margolin
Post by BTR1701
If you have anyone over from outside your household, you're now required by
law to wear a mask.
Garcetti also wants you masked when you're in your car. He says it's too
easy to forget to put it on when you arrive at your destination, so he's
now requiring drivers to wear them while driving, even if they're alone in
the car.
Where did you read this? I've been searching for confirmation of this
claim, and I can't find it. In fact, I just found an article on
"Individuals are exempt from wearing face coverings in the following
* Persons in a car alone or solely with members of their own household.
* Persons who are working in an office or in a room alone.
..."
You're expecting Thanny to cite a source? Smart money is on him
regurgitating another photoshopped Dropbox image.

November 7, 2020 - Happy V-T Day!
trotsky
Dropbox from the shitbox.
The Horny Goat
2020-11-29 08:30:29 UTC
If you have anyone over from outside your household, you're now required by
law to wear a mask.
Garcetti also wants you masked when you're in your car. He says it's too
easy to forget to put it on when you arrive at your destination, so he's
now requiring drivers to wear them while driving, even if they're alone in
the car.
Which is ridiculous - I keep my box of masks on my car seat never
bring the box into our house as I don't mask at home. (Which for me is
myself, wife and daughter) The box on the car seat in fact helps me
remember. Somehow I don't find remembering an intellectual challenge.
Exactly.
FPP
2020-11-29 14:40:17 UTC
Post by BTR1701
When Garcetti starts paying my bills and my mortgage and my taxes, he can
call the shots about what goes on in my home. Until then, it's my house, my
rules.
**I remember when all this started and FPP declared that if the government
can require you to wear pants, it can require you to wear a mask. Well, the
government *can't* require me to wear pants in my own home, so even under
FPP's criteria, this is an illegal government order.
Exactly.
I see you're still believing a guy who won't give anybody a citation to
back up what runs out of his mouth.

November 7, 2020 - Happy V-T Day!
FPP
2020-11-29 14:56:57 UTC
Post by BTR1701
When Garcetti starts paying my bills and my mortgage and my taxes, he can
call the shots about what goes on in my home. Until then, it's my house, my
rules.
**I remember when all this started and FPP declared that if the government
can require you to wear pants, it can require you to wear a mask. Well, the
government *can't* require me to wear pants in my own home, so even under
FPP's criteria, this is an illegal government order.
Exactly.
I see you're still believing a guy who won't give anybody a citation to
back up what runs out of his mouth.
Here's mine:

Wearing Masks Outside Your Home is Mandatory in California.
Individuals are exempt from wearing face coverings in the following
specific settings:

Persons in a car alone or solely with members of their own household.
Persons who are working in an office or in a room alone.
Persons who are actively eating or drinking provided that they are able
to maintain a distance of at least six feet away from persons who are
not members of the same household or residence.
Persons who are outdoors and maintaining at least 6 feet of social
distancing from others not in their household. Such persons must have a
face covering with them at all times and must put it on if they are
within 6 feet of others who are not in their household.
Persons who are obtaining a service involving the nose or face for which
temporary removal of the face covering is necessary to perform the service.
Workers who are required to wear respiratory protection.
Persons who are specifically exempted from wearing face coverings by
other CDPH guidance.
The following individuals are exempt from wearing face coverings at all
times:

Persons younger than two years old. These very young children must not
wear a face covering because of the risk of suffocation.
Persons with a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability
that prevents wearing a face covering. This includes persons with a
medical condition for whom wearing a face covering could obstruct
breathing or who are unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to
remove a face covering without assistance. Such conditions are rare.
Persons who are hearing impaired, or communicating with a person who is
hearing impaired, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for
communication.
Persons for whom wearing a face covering would create a risk to the
person related to their work, as determined by local, state, or federal
regulators or workplace safety guidelines.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/coronavirus/california-los-angeles-when-do-i-have-to-wear-a-mask/2464258/

All I saw about *in-home* mask use was a recommendation for your
consideration:

"Dr. Mark Ghaly, the state's health secretary also suggested during an
afternoon news conference, that some may want to consider wearing a face
mask inside their homes to further reduce the spread to those who may be
at risk."

Now, if Thanny has a citation for his bullshit, NOW would be a good time
to produce it, wouldn't you say?

November 7, 2020 - Happy V-T Day!
A Friend
2020-11-29 15:54:35 UTC
Post by BTR1701
When Garcetti starts paying my bills and my mortgage and my taxes, he can
call the shots about what goes on in my home. Until then, it's my house, my
rules.
**I remember when all this started and FPP declared that if the government
can require you to wear pants, it can require you to wear a mask. Well, the
government *can't* require me to wear pants in my own home, so even under
FPP's criteria, this is an illegal government order.
Exactly.
The government can't require you to wear pants in your own home, but it
can require you to draw the drapes.
Adam H. Kerman
2020-11-29 17:02:39 UTC
Post by BTR1701
When Garcetti starts paying my bills and my mortgage and my taxes, he can
call the shots about what goes on in my home. Until then, it's my house, my
rules.
**I remember when all this started and FPP declared that if the government
can require you to wear pants, it can require you to wear a mask. Well, the
government *can't* require me to wear pants in my own home, so even under
FPP's criteria, this is an illegal government order.
Exactly.
The government can't require you to wear pants in your own home, but it
can require you to draw the drapes.
Stop it. Please. Your rhetoric isn't true. In fact, it's not illegal to
sunbathe in the nude on one's own property. Court cases that haven't
thwarted all attempts to regulate human nudity would limit regulation to
the beach or the public way but never nudity in one's own home. There
are no regulations with respect to drapes.
A Friend
2020-11-29 19:08:19 UTC
Post by BTR1701
When Garcetti starts paying my bills and my mortgage and my taxes, he can
call the shots about what goes on in my home. Until then, it's my house, my
rules.
**I remember when all this started and FPP declared that if the government
can require you to wear pants, it can require you to wear a mask. Well, the
government *can't* require me to wear pants in my own home, so even under
FPP's criteria, this is an illegal government order.
Exactly.
The government can't require you to wear pants in your own home, but it
can require you to draw the drapes.
Stop it. Please. Your rhetoric isn't true. In fact, it's not illegal to
sunbathe in the nude on one's own property.
"So what are the laws affecting public nudity?

"Generally, in America, nudity is against the law in public places.
Moreover, nudity is also generally illegal on a person's own property
if the nude person is visible to the public, such as through an open
window or sunbathing nude in someone's yard. While most state laws are
clear about nudity around children and nudity meant to arouse, some
other wording is vague and violations often are a matter of community
standards for indecency. Of course, in some situations, these laws may
conflict with constitutional protections for freedom of expression,
particularly if the nudity is part of an artistic performance or
political demonstration."

https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/nudity-and-public-decency-laws-in-amer
ica-31193

There is a state-by-state overview at the link.
BTR1701
Not for being bare-faced, it can't.
FPP
2020-11-29 22:36:07 UTC
Post by BTR1701
When Garcetti starts paying my bills and my mortgage and my taxes,
he can call the shots about what goes on in my home. Until then,
it's my house, my rules.
**I remember when all this started and FPP declared that if the
government can require you to wear pants, it can require you to
wear a mask. Well, the government *can't* require me to wear pants
in my own home, so even under FPP's criteria, this is an illegal
government order.
Exactly.
The government can't require you to wear pants in your own home, but it
can require you to draw the drapes.
Not for being bare-faced, it can't.
However would we be able to tell the difference?

November 7, 2020 - Happy V-T Day!
trotsky