What Did You Watch? 2020-10-16 (Friday)
2020-10-17 08:30:41 UTC

RIFFTRAX:
"The Trucker's Woman". I'm not quite sure what it was ob, besides a
painfully 1970's trucker and several broads. I think he was
investigating his father trucker's murder via cut brake line after he
pissed off a crooked union boss.

RIFFTRAX:
"Super Argo And The Faceless Giants". A useless Mexican superhero who
happens to wrestle and his Indian guru sidekick are asked to stop a mad
scientist's army of robotized athletes. Wow, this one almost didn't
need the additional mocking.

Democrats and the liberal media hate President Trump more than they
love this country.
Ian J. Ball
2020-10-17 17:42:42 UTC
I think I'll do a two-day tomorrow...
2020-10-17 19:37:57 UTC

Love and Monsters (theatrical) new post-apocalyptic movie set several
years after giant monsters (mostly various bugs) have overrun the Earth
and wiped out 95% of the human population. Dylan O'Brien stars as a
survivor living in an underground bunker with several other survivors.
The other survivors have all paired off making him feel like the odd man
out. Also he's generally considered useless when it comes to battling
monsters. But as luck would have it, his ex girlfriend pops up alive
and well in another settlement 85 miles away. So he sets out to make
his way through monster infested country so he can reunite with his ex.
Along the way he meets up with other survivors (including Michael
Rooker) and picks up a new friend in the form of a dog.

This was basically a remake of Zombieland with O'Brien in the Jesse
Eisenberg role and Rooker in the Woody Harrelson role. Although this
was basically a rip off of Zombieland, I liked this movie a *lot* more
than Zombieland. I liked that unlike Zombieland, it was legitimately
scary at times. And unlike Zombieland, it had real emotional impact.
At least, I liked the relationship between A Boy and His Dog. I also
liked another character in the movie that I won't spoil, but the
character was surprisingly touching.
Ian J. Ball
2020-10-17 19:46:30 UTC
[...]
OK, filed this away for when it comes up on streaming. (FTR, I still
have never seen "Zombieland" nor "Warm Bodies"!)
2020-10-17 20:19:17 UTC
[...]
If you watch Zombieland, you might as well watch the sequel afterwards.
I didn't like them as much as others, but they aren't bad.

I was going to watch Warm Bodies a few months back, when I was watching
zombie movies. But when it came time to watch Warm Bodies I suddenly
lost all interest in it. I still haven't had any interest in watching
it again. But eventually the mood will probably hit me, and I'll revisit it.
Ubiquitous
2020-10-17 22:26:03 UTC
Anim8trfsk sez:

MASTERS OF ILLUSION
The vegetarian magician was so annoying I stopped, erased, and said
never again.

The magic DVR it’s set to record anything with Alicia Witt (originally
intended to catch her law and order episodes)
I had forgotten about it completely until just now it popped up about a
dozen hits almost all Hallmark Christmas movies that will be playing
between now and Halloween.
And now I’ve got “I am not ready for Christmas” stuck in my head…
So far I’m going to get:
Urban legend
The mistletoe inn
Friday night lights
I’m not ready for Christmas
Christmas on honeysuckle Lane
Our Christmas love Song
Christmas tree Lane
Backyard wedding
Christmas list
A very Merry mixup

Oddly enough they all seem to have the exact same plot.

Looks like I picked the wrong month to give up gingers!