[OT] CBC obsesses over ethnicity and gender of new mayors
2021-10-20 22:16:20 UTC
The cities and towns of Alberta apparently had municipal elections
yesterday and new mayors were elected for both of the province's biggest
city: Edmonton and Calgary. Guess what CBC focused on? That's right: the
gender and ethnicity of the new mayors. In fact, they didn't even
mention how close the elections were, what policies the new mayors want
to enact or anything else for that matter. THAT is virtue-signalling at
its finest!

It's pretty obvious that the ethnicity and gender of the mayors is going
to find its way into every story about the mayors for many weeks to
come, at least in the CBC coverage.
2021-10-20 22:30:35 UTC
http://youtu.be/rhm_j_oeOE0
It's pretty obvious that the ethnicity and gender of the mayors is going
to find its way into every story about the mayors for many weeks to
come, at least in the CBC coverage.
Meanwhile, here in the U.S., the media is orgasming about "Rachel" Levine, wh
was sworn in as the (alleged) first female 4-star admiral in the Health Corps
"Rachel" is also a trans-testicle.

This is just more blatant media lying. Anyone who's spent the first 55 year
of life as a man is not the "first woman" anything.

Admiral 'Rachel' Levine... because Democrats would rather hire a man for th
job than a real, qualified woman.
shawn
2021-10-20 23:19:20 UTC
The cities and towns of Alberta apparently had municipal elections
yesterday and new mayors were elected for both of the province's biggest
city: Edmonton and Calgary. Guess what CBC focused on? That's right: the
gender and ethnicity of the new mayors. In fact, they didn't even
mention how close the elections were, what policies the new mayors want
to enact or anything else for that matter. THAT is virtue-signalling at
its finest!
http://youtu.be/rhm_j_oeOE0
It's pretty obvious that the ethnicity and gender of the mayors is going
to find its way into every story about the mayors for many weeks to
come, at least in the CBC coverage.
Meanwhile, here in the U.S., the media is orgasming about "Rachel" Levine, who
was sworn in as the (alleged) first female 4-star admiral in the Health Corps.
"Rachel" is also a trans-testicle.
This is just more blatant media lying. Anyone who's spent the first 55 years
of life as a man is not the "first woman" anything.
Admiral 'Rachel' Levine... because Democrats would rather hire a man for the
job than a real, qualified woman.
What surprised me more was to find out that the Public Health Service
Corps uses military ranks. Didn't realize that anyone outside of the
military was using those ranks. Although further looking into it shows
that this is considered part of the uniformed services. One that I
don't think I had ever heard of before. Which is also true for the
NOAA Commissioned Officer Corps.
Adam H. Kerman
2021-10-20 23:41:50 UTC
What surprised me more was to find out that the Public Health Service
Corps uses military ranks. Didn't realize that anyone outside of the
military was using those ranks.
Salvation Army!
Post by shawn
Although further looking into it shows
that this is considered part of the uniformed services. One that I
don't think I had ever heard of before. Which is also true for the
NOAA Commissioned Officer Corps.
Public Health Service and NCOA Corps are uniformed service but not armed
forces. NCOA Corps has its own ships.

The Coast Guard is one of the armed forces, even though most of the
time, they are in civilian service.

I still wanna know if Space Force got the Stargate.
Rhino
2021-10-20 23:41:05 UTC
[...]
Yeah, I saw that story too. I've seen stories about Levine before and
the ludicrous claim that Levine is a woman. I don't know whether to
laugh or cry when I see this kind of nonsense.
2021-10-23 19:12:44 UTC
[...]
What better example of the alleged patriarchy than a man saying "I'm a woman
and being awarded recognition as the "first female" to accomplish something
Apparently men are better at everything-- including being women.
Ubiquitous
2021-10-26 11:48:31 UTC
The cities and towns of Alberta apparently had municipal elections
yesterday and new mayors were elected for both of the province's biggest
city: Edmonton and Calgary. Guess what CBC focused on? That's right: the
gender and ethnicity of the new mayors. In fact, they didn't even
mention how close the elections were, what policies the new mayors want
to enact or anything else for that matter. THAT is virtue-signalling at
its finest!
http://youtu.be/rhm_j_oeOE0
It's pretty obvious that the ethnicity and gender of the mayors is going
to find its way into every story about the mayors for many weeks to
come, at least in the CBC coverage.
Meanwhile, here in the U.S., the media is orgasming about "Rachel" Levine,
who was sworn in as the (alleged) first female 4-star admiral in the
Health Corps. "Rachel" is also a trans-testicle.
This is just more blatant media lying. Anyone who's spent the first 55
years of life as a man is not the "first woman" anything.
Admiral 'Rachel' Levine... because Democrats would rather hire a man for
the job than a real, qualified woman.
Yeah, I saw that story too. I've seen stories about Levine before and
the ludicrous claim that Levine is a woman. I don't know whether to
laugh or cry when I see this kind of nonsense.
What better example of the alleged patriarchy than a man saying "I'm a woman"
and being awarded recognition as the "first female" to accomplish something.
Apparently men are better at everything-- including being women.
Obviously, Richard Levine only got the job because he thinks he's a woman.
"The sky was low and heavy, like the brow of a retarded child."
trotsky
2021-10-21 09:14:07 UTC
The cities and towns of Alberta apparently had municipal elections
yesterday and new mayors were elected for both of the province's biggest
city: Edmonton and Calgary. Guess what CBC focused on? That's right: the
gender and ethnicity of the new mayors. In fact, they didn't even
mention how close the elections were, what policies the new mayors want
to enact or anything else for that matter. THAT is virtue-signalling at
its finest!
http://youtu.be/rhm_j_oeOE0
It's pretty obvious that the ethnicity and gender of the mayors is going
to find its way into every story about the mayors for many weeks to
come, at least in the CBC coverage.
Meanwhile, here in the U.S., the media is orgasming about "Rachel" Levine, who
was sworn in as the (alleged) first female 4-star admiral in the Health Corps.
"Rachel" is also a trans-testicle.
"Trans-testicle" is just a meaningless pile of bullshit like most of
your posts. It's about as subversive as your being an anonymous asshole
on Usenet, i.e. not at all. In fact sometimes when you come up with
these childish lack-of-witticisms you just sound pathetic. Get a
kickstarter going and I'll donate to whatever help it is you need to
sound less like a fucking joke.
RichA
Better (I guess) than shrieking about the Premiere of Ontario telling immigrants, "come here to work, not live on welfare."
The Horny Goat
2021-10-21 00:27:55 UTC
On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 18:16:20 -0400, Rhino
Post by Rhino
The cities and towns of Alberta apparently had municipal elections
yesterday and new mayors were elected for both of the province's biggest
city: Edmonton and Calgary. Guess what CBC focused on? That's right: the
gender and ethnicity of the new mayors. In fact, they didn't even
mention how close the elections were, what policies the new mayors want
to enact or anything else for that matter. THAT is virtue-signalling at
its finest!
http://youtu.be/rhm_j_oeOE0
It's pretty obvious that the ethnicity and gender of the mayors is going
to find its way into every story about the mayors for many weeks to
come, at least in the CBC coverage.
Well given neither the mayors of Edmonton or Calgary were seeking
re-election it's pretty much inevitable each mayor-elect would be
new...
Rhino
2021-10-21 00:45:01 UTC
Post by Rhino
The cities and towns of Alberta apparently had municipal elections
yesterday and new mayors were elected for both of the province's biggest
city: Edmonton and Calgary. Guess what CBC focused on? That's right: the
gender and ethnicity of the new mayors. In fact, they didn't even
mention how close the elections were, what policies the new mayors want
to enact or anything else for that matter. THAT is virtue-signalling at
its finest!
http://youtu.be/rhm_j_oeOE0
It's pretty obvious that the ethnicity and gender of the mayors is going
to find its way into every story about the mayors for many weeks to
come, at least in the CBC coverage.
Well given neither the mayors of Edmonton or Calgary were seeking
re-election it's pretty much inevitable each mayor-elect would be
new...
This is going to be like Kim Campbell all over again. For her entire 4
or 5 months in office, EVERY story involving her included the phrase
"Canada's first female prime minister", as if we hadn't yet figured that
out.
To be fair, she was wholly unmemorable.
The Horny Goat
2021-10-21 15:33:18 UTC
On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 20:45:01 -0400, Rhino
Well given neither the mayors of Edmonton or Calgary were seeking
re-election it's pretty much inevitable each mayor-elect would be
new...
This is going to be like Kim Campbell all over again. For her entire 4
or 5 months in office, EVERY story involving her included the phrase
"Canada's first female prime minister", as if we hadn't yet figured that
out.
My daughter was in primary school when Campbell became PM as this was
her first inkling women COULD take the top job - then saw first that
she was quickly turfed and assumed it was because she had done a bad
job as opposed to her predecessor's record.

I completely lost any respect for Brian Mulroney when he said that
even the (post-1991) Communists in Poland did better than Campbell
which while factually true - governments in power don't normally go
from 169 to 2 seats - ignores why he himself did not complete his term
in the first place. (My personal view is that Mulroney WOULD have
gotten more than 2 seats in 1992 but nowhere near enough to stay in
power - and likely less than the 40 seats the Liberals won in 1984
which before then was the worst a ruling party seeking election had
ever done)
Rhino
2021-10-21 15:57:29 UTC
On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 20:45:01 -0400, Rhino
Well given neither the mayors of Edmonton or Calgary were seeking
re-election it's pretty much inevitable each mayor-elect would be
new...
This is going to be like Kim Campbell all over again. For her entire 4
or 5 months in office, EVERY story involving her included the phrase
"Canada's first female prime minister", as if we hadn't yet figured that
out.
My daughter was in primary school when Campbell became PM as this was
her first inkling women COULD take the top job - then saw first that
she was quickly turfed and assumed it was because she had done a bad
job as opposed to her predecessor's record.
I believe Ceylon (now Sri Lanka) had the first woman PM in the person of
Sirimavo Bandaranaike, who was in office from 1960 to 1965. After that,
we Golda Meir, Indira Gandhi and Maggie Thatcher had all been leaders of
their respective countries. And of course any number of women had been
queens regnant, including Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth II, so
there was plenty of precedent for the idea that a woman could be in
charge of a country.
Post by The Horny Goat
I completely lost any respect for Brian Mulroney when he said that
even the (post-1991) Communists in Poland did better than Campbell
which while factually true - governments in power don't normally go
from 169 to 2 seats - ignores why he himself did not complete his term
in the first place. (My personal view is that Mulroney WOULD have
gotten more than 2 seats in 1992 but nowhere near enough to stay in
power - and likely less than the 40 seats the Liberals won in 1984
which before then was the worst a ruling party seeking election had
ever done)
Mulroney, while initially popular, and still popular enough to win a
second majority, had clearly worn out his welcome by 1993 with the
failure of the Charlottetown Accord. You didn't need to be psychic to
realize he was going to lose and probably pretty badly, so I think he
decided to wash his hands of it and hoped the blame would fall on his
successor rather than on him so that his "legacy" wouldn't be too badly
tarnished. Whether he succeeded in that is something the pundits will
surely argue about until the proverbial cows come home. I remember all
too well how HATED he was by the middle of his second term. I don't
think Campbell deserves nearly as much blame as Mulroney does for the
result of the 1993 election.
2021-10-21 16:38:48 UTC
On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 20:45:01 -0400, Rhino
The subject line is getting truncated to read:

Re: [OT] CBC obsesses over ethnicity and gender of new mayo

And I’m thinking “what the Hell man?”

2021-10-21 22:28:30 UTC
On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 20:45:01 -0400, Rhino
Re: [OT] CBC obsesses over ethnicity and gender of new mayo
And I’m thinking “what the Hell man?”
Good one! ;-)
2021-10-22 03:50:20 UTC
OMG - too funny! Obviously it was "mayor" and not sandwich spreads....
Adam H. Kerman
2021-10-22 05:38:34 UTC
Is Hellmann's Mayonnaise a brand in Canada?
The Horny Goat
2021-10-22 03:44:53 UTC
On Thu, 21 Oct 2021 11:57:29 -0400, Rhino
Post by Rhino
I believe Ceylon (now Sri Lanka) had the first woman PM in the person of
Sirimavo Bandaranaike, who was in office from 1960 to 1965. After that,
we Golda Meir, Indira Gandhi and Maggie Thatcher had all been leaders of
their respective countries. And of course any number of women had been
queens regnant, including Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth II, so
there was plenty of precedent for the idea that a woman could be in
charge of a country.
Well there have been lots of Queens Regnant - in England, Mathilda,
Mary 1, Elizabeth I (both of whom are interred in the same casket
about 10' from a stained glass window celebrating the RAF in the
Battle of Britain! (Westminster Abbey - Oliver Cromwell was originally
buried about 5' from the Tudor casket but was disinterred after the
Charles II Restoration and buried without marker in a potter's field -
so said the guide anyhow but given Charles II probably true), Mary II,
Anne.

And in modern times the Netherlands was ruled more years by a woman
than a man. (you can argue about the degree Wilhelmina ruled 1940-45
when she was in the UK and Canada) and of course Christina of Sweden
who other than Bernadotte is the person most people remember when
asked about Knigs and Queens of Sweden.
The Horny Goat
2021-10-22 03:49:27 UTC
Post by Rhino
Mulroney, while initially popular, and still popular enough to win a
second majority, had clearly worn out his welcome by 1993 with the
failure of the Charlottetown Accord. You didn't need to be psychic to
realize he was going to lose and probably pretty badly, so I think he
decided to wash his hands of it and hoped the blame would fall on his
successor rather than on him so that his "legacy" wouldn't be too badly
tarnished. Whether he succeeded in that is something the pundits will
surely argue about until the proverbial cows come home. I remember all
too well how HATED he was by the middle of his second term. I don't
think Campbell deserves nearly as much blame as Mulroney does for the
result of the 1993 election.
I'd argue the Goods and Services Tax (which I thought then and still
do was an improvement on what it replaced) probably hurt Mulroney more
than the Charlottetown Accord.

And as you say, it would have taken a miracle for Kim Campbell to
recover from the Mulroney legacy and win re-election. I already told
you how disgusted I was when Mulroney adversely compared Campbell's
1991 performance to Eastern European Communist parties after 1991.

All politicians have a "best before" date and no question Mulroney was
past his by 1991