CNN: Actor Danny Trejo comes to aid of baby that was trapped in overturned car
Robin Miller
2019-08-08 17:02:39 UTC
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/07/entertainment/danny-trejo-saves-baby-trnd/index.html

Amanda Jackson and Braden Walker, CNN
Updated 8:18 AM ET, Thu August 8, 2019

Sorry, they've made it so hard to copy these articles. Please read it
online.

--Robin
anim8rfsk
2019-08-08 17:20:00 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/07/entertainment/danny-trejo-saves-baby-trnd/index
.html
Amanda Jackson and Braden Walker, CNN
Updated 8:18 AM ET, Thu August 8, 2019
Sorry, they've made it so hard to copy these articles. Please read it
online.
--Robin
I refuse to click cnn.com!

And USAToday has me blocked now, unless I whitelist them, which ain't gonna
happen.
2019-08-08 18:00:23 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/07/entertainment/danny-trejo-saves-baby-trnd/index.html
Amanda Jackson and Braden Walker, CNN
Updated 8:18 AM ET, Thu August 8, 2019
Sorry, they've made it so hard to copy these articles. Please read it
online.
That's ok. CNN plagarized the story.

CNN got it from here:
https://abc7.com/actor-danny-trejo-helps-save-baby-in-sylmar-car-crash/5451006/
which has more details.
Adam H. Kerman
2019-08-08 18:23:56 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/07/entertainment/danny-trejo-saves-baby-trnd/index.html
Amanda Jackson and Braden Walker, CNN
Updated 8:18 AM ET, Thu August 8, 2019
Sorry, they've made it so hard to copy these articles. Please read it
online.
That's ok. CNN plagarized the story.
https://abc7.com/actor-danny-trejo-helps-save-baby-in-sylmar-car-crash/5451006/
which has more details.
Two points I forgot to make:

They probably had plenty of time to rescue the baby, although I'm sure
Trejo, being an actor, was expecting the massive fireball explosion to
ignite at any moment.

I just don't see how Trejo can continue playing villains now that he has
a reputation for rescuing babies. He's ruined his career.
BTR1701
And last week I ate at Trejo's Tacos for the first time!
anim8rfsk
2019-08-09 01:07:03 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/07/entertainment/danny-trejo-saves-baby-trnd/i
ndex.html
Amanda Jackson and Braden Walker, CNN
Updated 8:18 AM ET, Thu August 8, 2019
Sorry, they've made it so hard to copy these articles. Please read it
online.
That's ok. CNN plagarized the story.
https://abc7.com/actor-danny-trejo-helps-save-baby-in-sylmar-car-crash/5451
006/
which has more details.
They probably had plenty of time to rescue the baby, although I'm sure
Trejo, being an actor, was expecting the massive fireball explosion to
ignite at any moment.
I just don't see how Trejo can continue playing villains now that he has
a reputation for rescuing babies. He's ruined his career.
And last week I ate at Trejo's Tacos for the first time!
Glad you came out of your shell.
Who gives a fuck!
Ian J. Ball
2019-08-08 23:25:08 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/07/entertainment/danny-trejo-saves-baby-trnd/index.html
Amanda Jackson and Braden Walker, CNN
Updated 8:18 AM ET, Thu August 8, 2019
Sorry, they've made it so hard to copy these articles. Please read it
online.
That's ok. CNN plagarized the story.
https://abc7.com/actor-danny-trejo-helps-save-baby-in-sylmar-car-crash/5451006/
which has more details.
They probably had plenty of time to rescue the baby, although I'm sure
Trejo, being an actor, was expecting the massive fireball explosion to
ignite at any moment.
I just don't see how Trejo can continue playing villains now that he has
a reputation for rescuing babies. He's ruined his career.
+1

Ian (I can see it now - a "Touched by an Angel" revival, STARRING
DANNY TREJO!!1! ;> )
2019-08-10 14:50:02 UTC
On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 18:23:56 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
Post by Adam H. Kerman
They probably had plenty of time to rescue the baby, although I'm sure
Trejo, being an actor, was expecting the massive fireball explosion to
ignite at any moment.
I just don't see how Trejo can continue playing villains now that he has
a reputation for rescuing babies. He's ruined his career.
So fry a baby for one's career. I see.

Having been in a similar situation myself (with my 18 month old son
leaving the sidewalk moseying into heavy traffic -- 27 years later the
kid gets married a week tomorrow) I very much doubt Trejo did that
much organized rational in-depth thought but rather responded
instinctively to do the right thing.

I'd like to think I might have done that for anybody's child but
obviously when it's your own...
Adam H. Kerman
I had no idea you used to be a movie villain.
The Horny Goat
2019-08-10 18:27:59 UTC
On Sat, 10 Aug 2019 16:32:19 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
I just don't see how Trejo can continue playing villains now that he has
a reputation for rescuing babies. He's ruined his career.
So fry a baby for one's career. I see.
Having been in a similar situation myself (with my 18 month old son
leaving the sidewalk moseying into heavy traffic -- 27 years later the
kid gets married a week tomorrow) I very much doubt Trejo did that
much organized rational in-depth thought but rather responded
instinctively to do the right thing.
I'd like to think I might have done that for anybody's child but
obviously when it's your own...
I had no idea you used to be a movie villain.
ha ha ha!

The story about my son though is 125% true - no more than 20' outside
my store
David Johnston
I assume Kerman was joking.
The Horny Goat
2019-08-11 15:46:47 UTC
On Sat, 10 Aug 2019 17:22:51 -0600, David Johnston
Post by David Johnston
I just don't see how Trejo can continue playing villains now that he has
a reputation for rescuing babies. He's ruined his career.
So fry a baby for one's career. I see.
I assume Kerman was joking.
And my line about frying was anything but sarcasm?

anim8rfsk
2019-08-08 18:24:09 UTC
Post by Robin Miller
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/07/entertainment/danny-trejo-saves-baby-trnd/ind
ex.html
Amanda Jackson and Braden Walker, CNN
Updated 8:18 AM ET, Thu August 8, 2019
Sorry, they've made it so hard to copy these articles. Please read it
online.
That's ok. CNN plagarized the story.
https://abc7.com/actor-danny-trejo-helps-save-baby-in-sylmar-car-crash/5451006
/
which has more details.
Thanks!
2019-08-09 01:21:16 UTC
Danny Trejo is 75 years old, though he probably looked the same when he graduated high school.
A Friend
2019-08-09 02:17:32 UTC
Robin Miller
https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/07/entertainment/danny-trejo-saves-baby-trnd/ind
ex.html
Danny Trejo is 75 years old, though he probably looked the same when he
graduated high school.
He also doesn't play villains all the time, as the news reports had it.
There's his BADASS flicks, there's his MACHETEs. These news people
ought to try catching some overnight movies sometime.
Michael OConnor
2019-08-10 15:28:53 UTC
Danny Trejo is 75 years old, though he probably looked the same when he graduated high school.
I was watching an underrated movie recently from the mid 80's called "Runaway Train" which IIRC was Danny Trejo's film debut and he had short hair and a shorter moustache and I wouldn't have even recognized him except for the cobra tattoo on his chest. The scene he was in was pretty unrealistic, where he was boxing against Eric Roberts and Eric Roberts beat the snot out of him:

In reality, Trejo was a prison boxing champ when he spent most of the 1960's in prison. While at Folsom, he became friends with Edward Bunker, and Bunker (who was one of the co-writers of "Runaway Train", and among other things such as being the youngest man ever incarcerated at San Quentin and playing Mr. Blue in "Reservoir Dogs" to name a few) got him a small role in "Runaway Train".