What Did You Watch? 2021-04-27 (Tuesday)
2021-04-28 08:30:41 UTC

FAMILY GUY:
"The Father, The Son And The Holy Fonz".

FAMILY GUY:
"Brian Sings and Swings". After getting run over by Peter, Brian teams
up with Frank Sinatra's stage act.

THE BIG BANG THEORY:
"The Grant Allocation Derivation". Leonard is caught between a rock and a
hard place when he's responsible for distributing extra grant money. Also,
Bernadette turns the backyard playhouse into a hideaway from her husband
and children.

THE BIG BANG THEORY:
"The Consummation Deviation". Sheldon tries to bond with Amy's father, but
when Wolowitz lures Mr. Fowler away with magic tricks, Sheldon has no choice
but to bond with Mrs. Fowler. Also: Koothrappali and Anu try to get

THE BIG BANG THEORY:
"The Citation Negation". Sheldon and Amy are devastated after learning from a
Russian paper that Super Asymmetry has already been discovered and disproven.
Also, ultra-competitive Bernadette asks Stuart's girlfriend to help her play
a video game.

THE BIG BANG THEORY:
"The VCR Illumination". Sheldon and Amy are still down about their theory
being disproven, but a VHS tape from Sheldon's past inspires him not to give
up. Also, Bernadette turns into a pageant mom when she tries to

SUPERGIRL:
"Back to the Stupid". Dreamer and Brainiac travel back in time to 2009 in
order to get a sample of Supergirl's DNA after she cut her hand on a
Kryptonite meteorite during promm so they can trace her location in the
Phantom Zone. OMG, this was much worse than I expected. As has been said in
the past, if they can time travel, why not prevent Supergirl from getting
sent to the Phantom Zone in the first place? For some weird reason, they wore
glasses as disguises. At first I thought they were going to be some form of
Google Glasses, but no, just plain glasses... Because of a lunatic plot
contrivance, none of the competant or usefull people are able to participate.
They vaguely acknowledged the Crisis with a throwaway line about a friend no
longer being dead, which immediately means he's doomed. Apparently, Kara used
to surreptitiously save cats stuck in trees, giving Middale the title
"Luckiest Town in America", which is why the Cat of Catco is there, looking
for her big break and channelling that chick from Legally Blonde. Being
incompetant, Brainiac crashes their time-travelling ship in the baseball
field and meets Kara, her sister, and the doomed friend, where she
immediately tells them she's a Kryptonian. OMFG! Kara hears the cops coming
to investigate what happened, so she tries to hide the ship with her heat
vision before Brainiac and Dreamer stop her and bury it in the field without
displacing any dirt. Meanwhile, there are some gay Space Pirates in an
invisible UFO who are up to no good. Dreamer, useless as ever, has a dream
about being attacked by the pink panther. Brainiac disassembles school
computers to make what I can only assume is a 3D printer so he can repair the
ship buried under the outfield while Alex, Kara, and Dreamer steal stuff from
where the sisters' mother work. Kara is stymied by a locked clear plastic box
but Dreamer uses her powers to somehow unlock it. Later, they almost get
killed by a gas tanker truck barrelling down the road, then realize the
driver is missing. How is that truck running? They stop the truck by freezing
its wheels off as it approaches a schoolbus parked in the middle of the
street without anyone noticing. Meanwhile, Brainiac discovers that it takes
15 minutes for changes to time to propogate. I'm not sure how him joining the
glee club and baseball team would do that, but I'm not an expert on time
travel. Dreamer tries to call her mother. Wait, her family lives on Earth? Oh
yeah, the show totally ripped off The Orville by making Dreamer's
inspirational Earth song "Nine To Five". Wait, did she live in Earth, too?
"To be continued..." the suspence is boring me!

Trump won.
Ubiquitous
2021-04-28 11:35:55 UTC
[...]
\S/tupidgirl
It's the dreaded back to the future episode. None of it makes sense right
from the previews of last week where they say that she's vulnerable right
after a solar flare (wouldn't that make her stronger?) So they decide to go
back to a time she punched a meteor right out of existence and cut her hand
on some kryptonite. Why did they even show us the solar flare mention
scene at all?
They've recast young Kara with a short chubby actress which is ridiculous
given that we know Kara was tall and thin.
She reminded me of Bernadette from Big Bang Theory.
The lip-sync doesn't work at all especially on young Alex. I am assuming
they had the older actresses loop the younger and did a piss poor job of
it.
I didn't notice that, but my local CW affiliate has a "tinny" sound to most of
its programming.
They invoke the crisis as the reason that this past they're going into
doesn't match any other past we've ever seen before and bring back her best
friend from the dead.
He's doomed as doomed can be!
In a rancid onion of stupidity they need to hide brainiacs time ship so
Kara uses her magic cold vision to slice a big line in the sod of the
baseball field and dreamer uses her magic roll back the sod powers to roll
back the sod while brainy uses his flight ring to move the ship to the
middle of the mess they've just made and then they roll back the sod and
the ship is hidden even though they never dig a hole for it to go in.
Wouldn't that just end up with a big sod blanket with a ship sized lump
under it? And why did Kara Slice the sod in the first place? She doesn't
know these other people have powers. Why not just move it instead of hide
it in the middle of the baseball stadium where people are going to be?
Ugh, that was powerfully painfully stupid.
Apparently they couldn't get Helen Slater to play mom but Kara does have a
picture of her on her bedside table. Why? I could see having a picture of
her dead father or the two of them or or her with Mom or the sisters and
Mom or taking the picture to college but she's still living with her mother
at this point. Why have a studio headshot of her on your nightstand?
Her back from the dead best friend knows all about her powers and that
she's a refugee from the dying Planet Krypton and says she has an obsession
with Superman but it's never occurred to him that they might be related.
Didn't he get a clue from them both being from Krypton?
The two of them "fight crime" so much that they brought national attention
to the town but they also say all they've ever done is rescue kittens from
trees. Which is somehow a crime. And people notice. Midvale is the
"luckiest city in the country" based solely on the fact that the cats
mysteriously come down from the trees. And she needs a human sidekick and
the secret headquarters in somebody else's barn to do this work. Because
nobody ever goes to that barn. Hey, wouldn't that have been a great place to
hide the spaceship?
Now that you mention it...

What was Alex babbling about Kara rescuing cats from trees as being dangerous?
Kara is helpless before a simple keylock on a glass display case but
dreamer can use her magic dream powers to unlock locks.
And then the damn thing is "to be continued"
The suspense is boring me!
The stupid. It burns.
OMG, I had to take a couple shots of Yagermeister for this one.
NCISOWM
A terrible episode centering around Torres. Any episode centering around
Torres would be awful. Gibson is bored at home and Mindy continues to have
what's probably the most highly paid cameo in history. Next week, Gibbs may
risk his future at NCIS to do some thing. Yawn.
Trump won.
anim8rfsk
2021-04-28 13:16:29 UTC
[...]
All I can figure is that the general public doesn’t know where is Superman
is from. Still they have to have some idea of his general power set.
Post by Ubiquitous
The two of them “fight crime” so much that they brought national attention
to the town but they also say all they’ve ever done is rescue kittens from
trees. Which is somehow a crime. And people notice. Midvale is the
"luckiest city in the country" based solely on the fact that the cats
mysteriously come down from the trees. And she needs a human sidekick and
the secret headquarters in somebody else's barn to do this work. Because
nobody ever goes to that barn. Hey, wouldn't that have been a great place to
hide the spaceship?
Now that you mention it...
What was Alex babbling about Kara rescuing cats from trees as being dangerous?
Because it draws attention to the city as the city that apparently has the
fewest cats stuck in trees in the country.
2021-04-28 14:55:04 UTC
In article
All I can figure is that the general public doesn¹t know where is Superman
is from.
Even Superman didn't know where he was from until "Superman Returns to
Krypton," the back-of-the-book story in Superman #61 (Nov-Dec 1949).
This story didn't even make the cover, which features a silly piece
about Lois Lane trying different hair colors in order to snag Superman.
anim8rfsk
2021-04-28 16:42:52 UTC
In article
All I can figure is that the general public doesn¹t know where is Superman
is from.
Even Superman didn't know where he was from until "Superman Returns to
Krypton," the back-of-the-book story in Superman #61 (Nov-Dec 1949).
This story didn't even make the cover, which features a silly piece
about Lois Lane trying different hair colors in order to snag Superman.
Of course all that got retconned into superboy using his memory machine to
enthrall Ma & Pa Kent with tales of the Krypton. As far as I know
superbaby probably eventually figured it out as well. And told President
Kennedy.

2021-04-28 17:46:00 UTC
In article
In article
All I can figure is that the general public doesn1t know where is Superman
is from.
Even Superman didn't know where he was from until "Superman Returns to
Krypton," the back-of-the-book story in Superman #61 (Nov-Dec 1949).
This story didn't even make the cover, which features a silly piece
about Lois Lane trying different hair colors in order to snag Superman.
Of course all that got retconned into superboy using his memory machine to
enthrall Ma & Pa Kent with tales of the Krypton. As far as I know
superbaby probably eventually figured it out as well. And told President
Kennedy.
LOL

Mort Weisinger must have loved JFK. There was that supposed story Mort
commissioned, "Superman's Mission for President Kennedy," that even got
ink in the New York Times. There was even a Curt Swan panel of Supes
visiting JFK in the Oval as accompanying art.

It turned out there was never any story, although claims continue that
there was one and that publication had simply been derailed by the
assassination. Mort was just passing gas for publicity purposes, and
he'd had Curt draw a single panel for publication in the Times. Then
people started demanding to see the story, and Mort was trapped into
actually commissioning one. For some reason Curt couldn't do the art,
so the assignment went to Al Plastino. Nobody seemed to notice or care
that the single panel published in the Times had nothing to do with
anything.
A Friend
2021-04-28 19:35:50 UTC
In article
Post by A Friend
[...]
Hey, thanks for those! The JFK one is from New Adventures of Superboy
#27 (Mar 1982), and I've just read it. JFK orders Superboy to protect
a Mercury flight from sabotage, which he does, and to remain out of
sight while doing so, because JFK is worried that the public will think
NASA is too dependent on Superboy. Of course, Superboy pushes the
sabotaged rocket into orbit, too. (Didn't the grown-up version do that
in the Lois & Clark pilot?)
anim8rfsk
2021-04-28 22:39:09 UTC
In article
Post by A Friend
[...]
https://compote.slate.com/images/722aab12-c731-4982-9664-5c155985a07d.jpg
https://www.diversetechgeek.com/content/images/wordpress/2013/11/superboy_jfk-300x269.jpg
Hey, thanks for those! The JFK one is from New Adventures of Superboy
2021-04-28 11:57:19 UTC
Babylon 5, Season 3 Episode 21, Shadow Dancing, DVD
IMDb sez "The Shadows launch a major offensive. Franklin finds a
spiritual resolution. Sheridan receives a surprise visitor."
Z Minus 7 Days
Sheridan expects the Shadows to finish herding refugees and attack soon.
Delenn tries to gather a fleet from the League of Non-Aligned Worlds
and Ivanova and Marcus are to take the original White Star to wait for
the Shadows to show up. The picket's survival chances are only 50/50.
*dun dun dunnnnn* Roll opening credits.
The League agrees to send all the ships they can spare. Walkabout
Franklin comes across a clueless tourist family in Downbelow and makes
friends with the little girl.
Z Minus 6 Days
White Star is hiding behind a moon and Marcus tries to flirt with
Ivanova. The results are what you'd expect. Back on B5 Delenn flirts
with Sheridan and does better before they head off to join the fleet.
On walkabout Franklin intervenes in a mugging and gets knifed for his
effort.
A Shadow scout spots White Star and Ivanova & Marcus move to engage
before it can send out a warning. Franklin finally meets himself as
he's calling for help while bleeding to death. "You said you had to
keep walking until you met yourself. Well, here I am! So, we're gonna
talk let's talk. I don't think you have enough time." The White Star
shoots the Shadow scout and gets rammed. Damaged they watch a LARGE
Shadow fleet come out of hyperspace. Ivanova: "Well, who wants to live
forever?" Marcus: "I do, actually!" They signal the Alliance Fleet.
After the commercial break Franklin tells Franklin all about what
Franklin's problems are. The fleets engage. Franklin argues with
Franklin while Franklin is dying. Franklin says he wants to do it all
over again. Franklin doesn't believe Franklin and berates Franklin
while Franklin tries to climb a ladder. Ships fight and die. Franklin
staggers down a corridor. Shadows run away.
We come back to Franklin being wheeled into a MedLab. Wounded from the
fleet are being brought aboard B5. Short discussion about how our
Heroes won but took heavy losses. Franklin will live. Garibaldi wants
to know how long before the Shadows come knocking on B5's door. Cut to
a Shadow ship traveling thru hyperspace.
Z Minus 4 Days.
Franklin comes to. He and Garibaldi talk. Franklin sees lots of
wounded in a busy MedLab. A small ship or shuttle detaches from a
Shadow ship in hyperspace. Sheridan, Delenn and Ivanova discuss how to
defend B5. From there the discussion moves to why the Shadows haven't
attacked B5 before and dissecting the dream Kosh gave him several
episodes ago. Little thing from Shadow ship flies thru hyperspace.
From a wheelchair Franklin is back to bossing people around in MedLab.
Sheridan gives Franklin the CMO job back at the cost of some maudlin
philosophizing from Franklin. Someone boards B5 thru customs. Smiling
Delenn watches Sheridan sleep. Zak tells Ivanova that someone "major"
has come on board regarding the Captain. Delenn stops watching Sheridan
sleep to examine a snow globe. Sheridan's dead wife walks in the door!
No, its Bruce Boxleitner's wife! Wait, she's both! Snow globe falls
and breaks.
Z Minus 2 Days
I really need to pick up re-watching this after Comet TV rescheduled it.

Trump won.
Ubiquitous
2021-04-28 19:09:50 UTC
All I can figure is that the general public doesn't know where is Superman
is from.
Even Superman didn't know where he was from until "Superman Returns to
Krypton," the back-of-the-book story in Superman #61 (Nov-Dec 1949).
This story didn't even make the cover, which features a silly piece
about Lois Lane trying different hair colors in order to snag Superman.
Of course all that got retconned into superboy using his memory machine to
enthrall Ma & Pa Kent with tales of the Krypton. As far as I know
superbaby probably eventually figured it out as well. And told President
Kennedy.
I thought they knew as soon as his rocket landed.
Wasn't there a note or something inside?

Trump won.
anim8rfsk
2021-04-29 00:15:10 UTC
All I can figure is that the general public doesn't know where is Superman
is from.
Even Superman didn't know where he was from until "Superman Returns to
Krypton," the back-of-the-book story in Superman #61 (Nov-Dec 1949).
This story didn't even make the cover, which features a silly piece
about Lois Lane trying different hair colors in order to snag Superman.
Of course all that got retconned into superboy using his memory machine to
enthrall Ma & Pa Kent with tales of the Krypton. As far as I know
superbaby probably eventually figured it out as well. And told President
Kennedy.
I thought they knew as soon as his rocket landed.
Wasn't there a note or something inside?
--
Trump won.
I don’t think there’s any version where the Kents knew until Clark found
out and told them.

2021-04-28 12:59:29 UTC
Long workday, and I went to bed early, so not much:

soaps: DOOL - It's rather funny because first NuClaire, and then John
Black, assume Belle murdered Charlie! - John is insistent that she
did!! But I think Belle figured out that Jan Spears framed her at the
end. Ben Weston continues to act like a lunatic over HottCiara, to the
point that even NuClaire is convinced he's going to do something crazy
- at the end, Ben confronts Ciara and Theo on their way out of town. (I
do feel like they will write Ciara out here, though, as it also solves
their "missing Hope" problem...)
GH (recording of Monday's episode) - Jax wakes up in the hospital,
and he's insistent that he glimpsed Sonny just after he was shot. At
the end, "Mike" shows up to the hosptial to see NuNina, which means
"Mike" may run into Jax! - So Ninia will surely have to make sure that
doesn't happen!! Peter coerces Anna to force Matronly Maxie to see him,
which Maxie agrees to but only after Anna comes clean about Chase being
poisoned by Peter. Chase is getting worse, and becomes delirious enough
that he's convinced he and Willow are married - then he goes into
convulsions!!

Debris (recorded) - "Do You Know Icarus?" (ep. #9). This was actually a
solid episode (for once!). I agree with Arthur's and Anim's criticisms,
that it doesn't work well if you think about it too much - and clearly
this guy was "jumping" to alternate realities, not "changing the
reality" of just one reality plane.
This ends on a cliffhanger, and I have no idea how they are going to
resolve this.
The guest-star-du-jour was played by semi-ubiquitous Canadian actor
Keenan Tracey (apparently the son of the ubiquitous Ian Tracey!!).
Also, it makes me sad to see how old Canadian actress Aliyah O'Brien
looks these days :( (she played Bryan's "new" partner in the last
"reality" in the episode...).

Recorded for later: General Hospital, Cruel Summer, and Big Sky(!).
2021-04-28 15:21:21 UTC
soaps: DOOL - It's rather funny because first NuClaire, and then John
Black, assume Belle murdered Charlie! - John is insistent that she did!!
But I think Belle figured out that Jan Spears framed her at the end. Ben
Not yet, she has another person in mind.
Post by Ian J. Ball
[...]
Ah he did look like someone I should know.
Ubiquitous
2021-04-28 14:43:07 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
The two of them "fight crime" so much that they brought national attention
to the town but they also say all they've ever done is rescue kittens from
trees. Which is somehow a crime. And people notice. Midvale is the
"luckiest city in the country" based solely on the fact that the cats
mysteriously come down from the trees. And she needs a human sidekick and
the secret headquarters in somebody else's barn to do this work. Because
nobody ever goes to that barn. Hey, wouldn't that have been a great place to
hide the spaceship?
Now that you mention it...
What was Alex babbling about Kara rescuing cats from trees as being dangerous?
Because it draws attention to the city as the city that apparently has the
fewest cats stuck in trees in the country.
It used to have the most, before Kara intervened!
Post by Ubiquitous
Kara is helpless before a simple keylock on a glass display case but
dreamer can use her magic dream powers to unlock locks.
And then the damn thing is "to be continued"
The suspense is boring me!
The stupid. It burns.
OMG, I had to take a couple shots of Yagermeister for this one.
I must be old. I thought they were going to the 1990's for some reason, not 2009,
which isn't very long ago.

Trump won.
Arthur Lipscomb
2021-04-28 15:06:40 UTC
[...]
Well that scene made *no* sense! So there's that.
And why did Kara Slice the sod in the first place? She doesn't
know these other people have powers.
Or that they are really friendly. Or not carrying some space disease
that will wipe out humanity.
[...]
I have mixed feelings about this. I didn't hate the episode as much as
you did, but there were some things I noticed...like why does the alien
(and who played them by the way?) have posters on his ship with English
writing on them? I actually went back to rewatch the scene. The first
time I saw it and posters I assumed they were from Earth, then I
realized they were aliens from space.

They also had me wondering, why the assumption that Superman wouldn't
help his young cousin? If they attack her, he's sure to come and help.
I get they wouldn't know they are related, but no reason to assume one
wouldn't help the other, especially since they bragged about how
Kryptonians always help others.

I also noticed that the license plates said "Metropolis" and "Midvale"
instead of the state the cars were licensed in. I think they must have
been trying to be clever, but it didn't work for me.

I watched:

Black-ish - "Misions & Ambitions" - Dre and Bow each decide to fulfill
past dreams they gave up for the other. I was really hoping this
episode would tie in with Mixed-ish by referencing the tarot cards on
Mixed-ish.

Mixed-ish - "Tained Love" - Harrison dates a woman with more money than
he has and doesn't know how to handle it. Meanwhile in an even more
ridiculous plot, the mom is jealous that the kids go to the aunt for
advice instead of her.

Black Lightning - "The Book of Ruin: Chapter Four: Lyding" - I forgot to
mention this yesterday. As Tobias plots his revenge, Team Lightning
lose their powers at the worst time possible. This appeared to be a
midseason cliffhanger.
Ubiquitous
2021-04-28 15:52:57 UTC
[...]
NONE of it made sense.
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
[...]
I always assume they're translated for our benefit, but I am being generous.
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
They also had me wondering, why the assumption that Superman wouldn't
help his young cousin? If they attack her, he's sure to come and help.
I get they wouldn't know they are related, but no reason to assume one
wouldn't help the other, especially since they bragged about how
Kryptonians always help others.
Actually, the gay space pirates knew there were two Kryptonians on Earth,
They wanted both for their collection; I think the plan was to get Supergirl
and catch Superman when he showed up to rescue her.
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
I also noticed that the license plates said "Metropolis" and "Midvale"
instead of the state the cars were licensed in. I think they must have
been trying to be clever, but it didn't work for me.
I cannot say I noticed.

Trump won.
BTR1701
2021-04-28 18:00:23 UTC
Actually, the gay space pirates knew there were two Kryptonians on Earth,
They wanted both for their collection; I think the plan was to get Supergirl
and catch Superman when he showed up to rescue her.
They mentioned having already tried to get Superman but he beat the shit
out of them so they're going after Supergirl on the theory that a
different Kryptonian won't also beat the shit out of them.
Ubiquitous
2021-04-28 18:42:58 UTC
Actually, the gay space pirates knew there were two Kryptonians on Earth,
They wanted both for their collection; I think the plan was to get
Supergirl and catch Superman when he showed up to rescue her.
They mentioned having already tried to get Superman but he beat the shit
out of them so they're going after Supergirl on the theory that a
different Kryptonian won't also beat the shit out of them.
Or sexist.

Wait until they get beaten up by a girl!

Trump won.
Ubiquitous
2021-04-28 19:00:46 UTC
[...]
And it's not like it was just a throwaway line of dialogue that made no
sense. This had to be written and filmed and sent through special effects.
Did no one ask "what the hell is happening here"?
Apparently not.
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
And why did Kara Slice the sod in the first place? She doesn't
know these other people have powers.
Or that they are really friendly. Or not carrying some space disease
that will wipe out humanity.
There's that.
Was she even aware of other aliens?
Was this before Earth became overrun with space alien refuges?
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
[...]
I thought they were kin to Brainiac but apparently not.
That never occurred to me. They seemed like gay space alien pirates to me.
I mean, we had a gay space vampire and space Nosferatu, why not them?
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
They also had me wondering, why the assumption that Superman wouldn't
help his young cousin? If they attack her, he's sure to come and help.
I get they wouldn't know they are related, but no reason to assume one
wouldn't help the other, especially since they bragged about how
Kryptonians always help others.
Yeah, if I had Superman mad at me, I'd go check out the next planet.
Not far enough, depending on the version.
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
I also noticed that the license plates said “Metropolis” and "Midvale"
instead of the state the cars were licensed in. I think they must have
been trying to be clever, but it didn't work for me.
Well it's better than “new troy”
Who did that? Lois and Clark?
Trump won.
anim8rfsk
2021-04-29 00:15:09 UTC
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
And why did Kara Slice the sod in the first place? She doesn't
know these other people have powers.
Or that they are really friendly. Or not carrying some space disease
that will wipe out humanity.
There's that.
Was she even aware of other aliens?
Was this before Earth became overrun with space alien refuges?
Short fat stupidgirl makes some snide comment about having been to more
galaxies than one of her earth friends blah blah blah yada yada yada.
[...]
I don’t think being related to brainy rules out being gay.
They also had me wondering, why the assumption that Superman wouldn't
help his young cousin? If they attack her, he's sure to come and help.
I get they wouldn't know they are related, but no reason to assume one
wouldn't help the other, especially since they bragged about how
Kryptonians always help others.
Yeah, if I had Superman mad at me, I'd go check out the next planet.
Not far enough, depending on the version.
Heh. “for the man who has everything”
2021-04-29 08:52:50 UTC
Post by Arthur Lipscomb
And why did Kara Slice the sod in the first place? She doesn't
know these other people have powers.
Or that they are really friendly. Or not carrying some space disease
that will wipe out humanity.
There's that.
Was she even aware of other aliens?
Was this before Earth became overrun with space alien refuges?
Short fat stupidgirl makes some snide comment about having been to more
galaxies than one of her earth friends blah blah blah yada yada yada.
Does it count if you're passing thru them en route to Earth?
Wait, that doesn't make sense...
[...]
But he's in love with Dreamer!
Oh wait...
They also had me wondering, why the assumption that Superman wouldn't
help his young cousin? If they attack her, he's sure to come and help.
I get they wouldn't know they are related, but no reason to assume one
wouldn't help the other, especially since they bragged about how
Kryptonians always help others.
Yeah, if I had Superman mad at me, I'd go check out the next planet.
Not far enough, depending on the version.
Heh. “for the man who has everything”
Indeed!

--
Trump won.

-
œThe last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it’s still on my list.”
anim8rfsk
2021-04-28 16:27:38 UTC
[...]
The two of them "fight crime"ť so much that they brought national attention
Post by Ubiquitous
Kara is helpless before a simple keylock on a glass display case but
dreamer can use her magic dream powers to unlock locks.
And then the damn thing is "to be continued"
The suspense is boring me!
The stupid. It burns.
OMG, I had to take a couple shots of Yagermeister for this one.
I must be old. I thought they were going to the 1990's for some reason, not 2009,
which isn't very long ago.
Yeah. And we’ve seen her injured plenty of times during the course of the
series. Maybe they’re saying none of that ever happened.
2021-04-28 16:55:32 UTC
[...]
The two of them "fight crime"Å¥ so much that they brought national attention
Post by Ubiquitous
Kara is helpless before a simple keylock on a glass display case but
dreamer can use her magic dream powers to unlock locks.
And then the damn thing is "to be continued"
The suspense is boring me!
The stupid. It burns.
OMG, I had to take a couple shots of Yagermeister for this one.
I must be old. I thought they were going to the 1990's for some reason, not 2009,
which isn't very long ago.
Yeah. And we've seen her injured plenty of times during the course of the
series. Maybe theyâ're saying none of that ever happened.
I'm pretty sure they took medical samples of her DNA, too.

Trump won.
anim8rfsk
2021-04-28 18:06:57 UTC
Post by Ubiquitous
Kara is helpless before a simple keylock on a glass display case but
dreamer can use her magic dream powers to unlock locks.
And then the damn thing is "to be continued"
The suspense is boring me!
The stupid. It burns.
OMG, I had to take a couple shots of Yagermeister for this one.
I must be old. I thought they were going to the 1990's for some reason, not 2009,
which isn't very long ago.
Yeah. And we've seen her injured plenty of times during the course of the
series. Maybe theyâ're saying none of that ever happened.
I'm pretty sure they took medical samples of her DNA, too.
--
Trump won.
They absolutely did. I don’t know if that old alien defense bureau is still
around or even ever existed at this point.
2021-04-28 18:47:46 UTC
[...]
I had forgotten about them. Did they exist, post-Crisis?
Didn't someone mention the DEA or DEO?

Trump won.
anim8rfsk
2021-04-28 22:50:19 UTC
[...]
Yeah they said that the gay space Pirates were scheduled to be arrested
either DEO or some prototype version of the DEO in a couple of days. That’s
what they changed by their interference.
2021-04-29 08:32:35 UTC
[...]
I just love how it takes about 20 minutes for changes to the timestream to propogate.

Trump won.
BTR1701
2021-04-28 17:52:44 UTC
In article
\S/tupidgirl
It's the dreaded back to the future episode. None of it makes sense right
from the previews of last week where they say that she's vulnerable right
after a solar flare (wouldn't that make her stronger?) So they decide to go
back to a time she punched a meteor right out of existence and cut her hand
on some kryptonite. Why did they even show us the solar flare mention
scene at all?
They've recast young Kara with a short chubby actress which is ridiculous
given that we know Kara was tall and thin.
On the other hand, Melissa Been-Moist is a bit chubbier now than she was
when she started the show. Especially in the facial area.
The lip-sync doesn't work at all especially on young Alex. I am assuming
they had the older actresses loop the younger and did a piss poor job of
it.
Huh. I had it on in the background while I was engraving and I just
thought they'd found some girl who could do a good impression of Chyler
Leigh.
In a rancid onion of stupidity they need to hide brainiacs time ship so
Kara uses her magic cold vision to slice a big line in the sod of the
baseball field and dreamer uses her magic roll back the sod powers to roll
back the sod while brainy uses his flight ring to move the ship to the
middle of the mess they've just made and then they roll back the sod and
the ship is hidden even though they never dig a hole for it to go in.
Glad I wasn't the only one to wonder where all the dirt done went.
Her back from the dead best friend knows all about her powers and that
she's a refugee from the dying Planet Krypton and says she has an obsession
with Superman but it's never occurred to him that they might be related.
I thought he was her gay bestie until she mentioned something about
their first kiss. Now she's his beard.
Kara is helpless before a simple keylock on a glass display case but
dreamer can use her magic dream powers to unlock locks.
And then the damn thing is "to be continued".
You forgot about the Andorians who are trying to kidnap a Kryptonian
for their zoo and have already apparently tried with Superman and gotten
their asses roundly kicked for it, so they decide to put their hand
right back on that burning hot stove.
The stupid. It burns.
Ubiquitous

Trump won.
Rhino
2021-04-28 18:24:17 UTC
[snip]
Doctor Doctor - Season 5, Episode 1:

This Australian dramedy is a guilty pleasure that I find on the grey.
(It's available under the name The Heart Guy in some countries but I've
never heard of it being available in Canada or the US.) It is set in the
small town of Whyhope in the state of New South Wales, Australia. I
won't give a synopsis of this particular episode given that I'm probably
the only one that watches it but I thought I'd tell you the gist of the
series in case anyone wants to check it out. The series started with a
very skilled surgeon in Sydney, whose name is Hugh Knight, crashing his
career as a result of an excess of illicit drugs. The Powers That Be
decide to give him a chance to get his act together rather than take
away his license for life and he is forced to practice as a GP at a
clinic in rural Whyhope for one year; after that, he's allowed to return
to practice in Sydney. Whyhope happens to be his home town and where his
parents and brothers still live. He starts his job at the local
hospital/clinic - it's very small - working under a ginger named Penny,
who knows of his indiscretions and will be deciding if he's
rehabilitated when the time comes and who can fire him at any time. Hugh
also happens to be a lady's man so sexual tension between him and Penny
arises early on. Besides having to deal with his new job, Hugh also has
to deal with his assorted coworkers and navigate family relationships.
His mother is rather domineering and manipulative; she is a major figure
in Whyhope politics. Hugh also has tensions with his brother, who is
married to one of Hugh's exes, Charlie (a woman despite the name); his
brother and Charlie live in a guest house on Hugh's parents homestead.
Hugh's other brother, Ajax - who eventually turns out to NOT be his
brother - also lives at the homestead, at least initially. Aside from
all the work/family drama, pretty much every episode also has a major
medical emergency that needs the attention of Hugh and the remaining
staff at the clinic. The show has tinges of Emergency in that sometimes
Hugh has to go out to even more remote areas to do initial treatment of
someone injured in one way or another. I should also mention that there
is "eye candy" of both genders for those who value that ;-)

New Amsterdam - Season 3, Episode 9:
They've dialed back the "woke" crap somewhat in this episode. The ER is
inundated with people who all live in the same building who bought a
fake coronavirus vaccine and poisoned themselves with it. Max learns
that the building is in a "WiFi desert" and lobbies influential people
to get free WiFi for everyone in New York. He succeeds in getting free
WiFi for a single building. Problem solved, right? Not at all. It turns
out that the people in the building don't have computers, tablets or
smart phones either. Max concocts a scheme to get a bunch of the
hospitals computers upgraded so that the old computers can be given to
the people in the building. Problem solved now, right? Heck no! Now the
residents of the building are falling for every scheme they find online
and STILL buying fake remedies. Finally, Max decides he needs a portal
full of reliable medical information and arranges for that to be
created. We're left to believe that no one ever looks for medical
information anywhere else ever again and that everyone lives happily
ever after.

Dr. Frome has a patient that seems ready to graduate into
self-sufficiency but his patient soon demonstrates an unhealthy
attachment to him that goes beyond what is considered ethical by his
profession. Ultimately, he transfers the patient to another doctor at
another hospital causing the patient great upset.

Dr. Frome, the psychiatrist, is apparently in charge of hiring a new
chief of neurology but delegates the job to the acting chief, Dr. Kao.
Dr. Kao interviews several candidates but doesn't find the first several
candidates very satisfactory. Finally, she discovers that one of the
candidates is the author of a textbook she found particularly useful in
medical school - and a personal inspiration - so she hires the
candidate, played by Annabelle Sciorria (sp?), right on the spot without
even completing the interview. She is delighted with her decision right
up until the new hire tells the rest of the department that Dr. Kapoor
was a disaster and she will be discarding EVERYTHING he ever did and
starting fresh.

Dr. Sharpe has an elderly patient who has recently rekindled a high
school romance who is planning a road trip down Route 66. Unfortunately,
his cancer has transformed from leukemia to a different cancer, putting
him in immediate peril and jeopardizing the trip, which the patient and
his girlfriend REALLY want to make. Ultimately, Dr. Sharpe figures out a
way to get him the necessary blood transfusions on Route 66 so that he
can have the trip AND get his treatments on the road. I loved the IDEA
of this but am having a LOT of trouble believing that doctors would ever
do such a thing for anyone short of a billionaire or top celebrity.

Dr. Sharpe's niece continues to walk all over her, ignoring practically
everything that is asked of her. Finally, the two have some harsh words
in which the niece accuses her of being indifferent to the family while
Dr. Sharpe reveals that the rest of the family abandoned her first.

Dr. Bloom's new roommate Leyla, the foreign doctor/Uber driver who was
previously camping out in a hospital closet, is now living at Bloom's
apartment. Leyla decides that the apartment is sparse and buys a young,
living tree for the living room. The tree reaches almost to the ceiling.
Leyla apologizes, saying it didn't look so big in the catalogue.
(Apparently, Leyla, a doctor, is unaware of how to read the dimensions
from a catalogue or use a tape measure to see how high the ceiling is,
nor does she realize that a living tree is going to keep growing.) She
offers to take it back but Bloom says it's fine, apparently also unaware
that the tree will keep growing. Leyla holds Blooms's hand while they
gaze at the tree and Bloom does not pull away, suggesting that the
writers are planning to make Bloom bisexual since the series began with
her boinking Dr. Reynolds.

Dr. Reynolds deals with an emergency where a girl aged 10 or so is
brought in with a gunshot wound. Her father says it was a stray round
from a driveby but as treatment proceeds, Reynolds sees powder burns,
proving she was shot from close range. Reynolds talks to the parents and
it turns out that they bought the gun during the BLM/Antifa rioting to
protect themselves and the girl got hold of the gun and accidentally
shot herself. Reynolds decides that they are racists, rather than just
careless about storing their gun, and goes off at them for filing a
police report that said the shooter might have been black. Then the
parents have to talk to the police where they face various charges.

Sorry, this is way too detailed for WDYW and is better suited to a full
synopsis. Once I start one of these things, I feel the need to do a
thorough job rather than being concise and leaving out a bunch of
things. I need to stop this....
This has been on my list for a while. So you think it's worth checking out?
Rhino
2021-04-29 16:18:59 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by Rhino
[snip]
[...]
It depends what you're looking for. I don't think anyone would call it
brilliant and I don't see it entering the ranks of the Top 10 medical
dramas or comedies of all time. But it's interesting to see something
set in a small community in another country instead of in NYC, LA or
Chicago like the usual suspects. We also see the lead character's family
life closer up that we typically do and it's somewhat chaotic, which
probably makes it more realistic than some shows. I like getting a taste
of what rural Australia looks like too. It is shot on location with a
real town standing in for the fictitious Whyhope. (If you're looking for
kangaroos or other native fauna, I can't recall seeing any yet, other
than humans.)

I gather it is very popular in Australia so it's also interesting to see
what a typical Aussie likes. The first four seasons were just ten
episodes each so you might want to try the first season or even just the
first few episodes to see if it suits you.
2021-04-29 16:52:07 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Post by Rhino
[snip]
[...]
I did watch the first episode last night, and thought it was alright.
Would do for a good summer series.
Ubiquitous
2021-05-05 01:01:35 UTC
[...]
Speaking of which, what happened at the end with Brainiac and Dreamer?

Dreamer created a dome to protect them from a weapon that the gay pirates tried to use, right?
They didn't seem upset about it.

Trump won.
anim8rfsk
2021-05-05 01:45:32 UTC
[...]
I’ve still got it on the DVR… Fast forwarding to the 58 minute mark…
Fat stupidgirl Who also has the wrong color hair goes to somebody else’s
barn with her gay boyfriend and it’s all made up into a fancy secret
headquarters like the guy owns the barn isn’t going to notice this.
In brainiac ship his transvestite “girl“ friend sings a song from her
childhood that’s from both the wrong millennium and the wrong planet.
Suddenly the alarm goes off and the spaceship tells them that the gay Space
pirate, whose name is, I swear, maximum torque, has been located.
Back at the barn fat stupidgirl reminisces about her first kiss with a gay
guy.
Brainy and the guy in a dress he dates search in the field for about 10
seconds before they stop to discuss their feelings. Brainy can’t figure out
why he can’t see maximum tork’s ship. It doesn’t occur to him it might be
cloakef. Suddenly the ship uncloaks.
The guy in a dress Brainy considers a girlfriend puts an energy dome around
them. Brainy stupidly tries to stick his hand through it and gets it
zapped. Nobody cares.
The end.

2021-05-05 02:37:41 UTC
In article
I¹ve still got it on the DVRŠ Fast forwarding to the 58 minute markŠ
Fat stupidgirl Who also has the wrong color hair goes to somebody else¹s
barn with her gay boyfriend and it¹s all made up into a fancy secret
headquarters like the guy owns the barn isn¹t going to notice this.
I've just noticed that I've allowed six episodes to pile up on my DVR.
I guess that means I'm done with it. I therefore want to send
greetings and best wishes to my subconscious. This makes up for a
little of the hell it's wreaked over the course of my life.
anim8rfsk
2021-05-05 03:20:10 UTC
In article
I¹ve still got it on the DVRŠ Fast forwarding to the 58 minute markŠ
Fat stupidgirl Who also has the wrong color hair goes to somebody else¹s
barn with her gay boyfriend and it¹s all made up into a fancy secret
headquarters like the guy owns the barn isn¹t going to notice this.
I've just noticed that I've allowed six episodes to pile up on my DVR.
I guess that means I'm done with it. I therefore want to send
greetings and best wishes to my subconscious. This makes up for a
little of the hell it's wreaked over the course of my life.
I am 13 minutes into tonight‘s episode and I’m not sure I’m gonna be able
to make it all the way through. Save yourself while you can.

2021-05-05 08:30:40 UTC
[...]

cloaked. Suddenly the ship uncloaks.
The guy in a dress Brainy considers a girlfriend puts an energy dome around
them. Brainy stupidly tries to stick his hand through it and gets it
zapped. Nobody cares.
The end.
That's what I thought happened, but my TV synopsis said they had been captured.

Trump won.
anim8rfsk
2021-05-05 12:20:14 UTC
[...]
At the end of part one it sure looked like the guy in drag had created an
energy field around them. At the beginning of part to the energy field
which was obviously created by the drag queen and looked exactly like the
drag queens energy fields turned out to actually be them being trapped by
the gay space aliens who did nothing whatsoever to cause it. Even for
stupid girl it was a monumentally stupid moment.

Here’s the thing. It got even stupider and stupider and stupider all the
way to the end.