Important announcement about Arrow
2018-10-11 14:20:38 UTC
I had started watching Season 6 of Arrow last fall, then just let the
DVR continue to load up on them. I had the rest of Season 6 on the DVR,
14 unwatched episodes.

I couldn't remember why I'd stopped watching it, so I tried to watch
"Divided", season 6 episode 10 from January 18, 2018. This season,
Oliver was the prime suspect in an ongoing criminal investigation, which
barely interferes with his duties as mayor, given that he's always
ignored those anyway.

Before the mid-season hiatus, there was a four-series crossover,
Crisis on Earth-X; I'd watched the Arrow episode. After that, Oliver and
Felicity married. I'd actually forgotten that as the two actors seem to
have less chemistry than ever.

Now I remembered why I set the episode aside. There's a lot I can put up
with: DC tv series, CW, dull-as-dishwater villain whose plot makes no
sense. I usually enjoy the fight choreography and... I think that's
about it.

One of Oliver's team mates, Rene (Rick Gonzalez, whom I liked on
Reaper), turned state's evidence against Oliver. I think I just stopped
watching because I knew Oliver would work with him again.

On this episode, Oliver froze out Rene. Dinah and Curtis were
sympathetic to Rene for reasons that I don't recall and probably made no
sense. The three claim they're forming their own team. By the middle of
the episode, Oliver is confronted with an overwhelming number of bad
guys and realizes he cannot be a lone vigilante, so he sucks up to Rene.

He couldn't have just found some tough teenage kid with Robin-like
potential and trained him. His only choice was someone who betrayed him.

Paul Blackthorne still has absolutely nothing to do. For no particular
reason, Speedy came back. She'd been listed on the credits all of
seasons 5 and 6 but was almost never on the show.

The fight choreography was, well, not trying to fool anybody, or it's
the fault of the setup for the camera tracking or the director is just
someone who should be sued by his film school as a disgrace. They had
one long tracking shot following Oliver through a maze of henchmen. You
could see each stuntman flipping away from Oliver, who hadn't even
attacked.

I can't even convince myself that there is any entertainment being
derived from the fight choreography.

I was two thirds of the way through the episode. I deleted it the moment
Oliver sucked up to Rene. They've done that too many times on the
series. It makes no sense that anyone in the audience would find this
entertaining. I have no idea whom this show was being written for.

All remaining season 6 episodes were deleted unwatched.

Maybe I'll watch the season 7 premiere, but I suspect I won't make it
through the episode.
anim8rfsk
2018-10-11 15:03:27 UTC
I had started watching Season 6 of Arrow last fall, then just let the
DVR continue to load up on them. I had the rest of Season 6 on the DVR,
14 unwatched episodes.
I couldn't remember why I'd stopped watching it,
HAHHAHAAHAHAHAH.
No. Wait. You're serious?
I can find a reason to not watch ARROW in pretty much every scene. Often in
individual still frames.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
so I tried to watch
"Divided", season 6 episode 10 from January 18, 2018. This season,
Oliver was the prime suspect in an ongoing criminal investigation, which
barely interferes with his duties as mayor, given that he's always
ignored those anyway.
Before the mid-season hiatus, there was a four-series crossover,
Crisis on Earth-X; I'd watched the Arrow episode. After that, Oliver and
Felicity married. I'd actually forgotten that as the two actors seem to
have less chemistry than ever.
Didn't they do a double wedding with Da Flash or something stupid? That's the
last Arrow I've seen.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Now I remembered why I set the episode aside. There's a lot I can put up
with: DC tv series, CW, dull-as-dishwater villain whose plot makes no
sense. I usually enjoy the fight choreography and... I think that's
about it.
One of Oliver's team mates, Rene (Rick Gonzalez, whom I liked on
Reaper), turned state's evidence against Oliver. I think I just stopped
watching because I knew Oliver would work with him again.
After murdering all his innocent henchman. "Hey, man, I'm just hourly
security, I usually work at McDonald's, AACK!"
Post by Adam H. Kerman
On this episode, Oliver froze out Rene. Dinah and Curtis were
Dinah? WTF version of Dinah are they running at this point?
Post by Adam H. Kerman
sympathetic to Rene for reasons that I don't recall and probably made no
sense. The three claim they're forming their own team. By the middle of
the episode, Oliver is confronted with an overwhelming number of bad
guys and realizes he cannot be a lone vigilante, so he sucks up to Rene.
He couldn't have just found some tough teenage kid with Robin-like
potential and trained him. His only choice was someone who betrayed him.
Paul Blackthorne still has absolutely nothing to do. For no particular
He has even less to do now; he's off the show.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
reason, Speedy came back. She'd been listed on the credits all of
seasons 5 and 6 but was almost never on the show.
She wanted a career in soft porn no actual nudity movies where they put her
in bikinis and act like she's never seen a sandwich or an acting coach in her
life.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
The fight choreography was, well, not trying to fool anybody, or it's
the fault of the setup for the camera tracking or the director is just
someone who should be sued by his film school as a disgrace. They had
one long tracking shot following Oliver through a maze of henchmen. You
could see each stuntman flipping away from Oliver, who hadn't even
attacked.
I can't even convince myself that there is any entertainment being
derived from the fight choreography.
Canadia fight choreographers should constrain themselves to bitch slapping.
Post by Adam H. Kerman
I was two thirds of the way through the episode. I deleted it the moment
Oliver sucked up to Rene. They've done that too many times on the
series. It makes no sense that anyone in the audience would find this
entertaining. I have no idea whom this show was being written for.
All remaining season 6 episodes were deleted unwatched.
Maybe I'll watch the season 7 premiere, but I suspect I won't make it
through the episode.
Now that I've bailed on the last of these, Da Flash, I won't even see the
Awful Arrow in crossover stuff anymore.