[NEWS] "MacGyver" reboot to end with fifth season
Add Reply
Your Name
2021-04-08 03:12:12 UTC
From Variety.com ...

CBS' 'MacGyver' Reboot to End With Season 5
"MacGyver" v2.0 is coming to a close. The CBS reboot starring
Lucas Till, which premiered in 2016, will end after five
seasons with its series finale on April 30.

"All of us at CBS are extremely grateful for the incredible
work and dedication from Lucas and the rest of the cast, as
well as Monica, the writers and the entire crew," said Kelly
Kahl, the president of CBS Entertainment. "The MacGyver team
traveled far and wide to repeatedly save the world with little
more than bubble gum and a paper clip and made this show
distinctly their own. We're gratified we get to give this
dedicated and loyal fan base the opportunity to say goodbye to
their favorite characters in the thoughtful manner this series
deserves."

"MacGyver," which also stars Tristin Mays, Justin Hires,
Meredith Eaton, Levy Tran and Henry Ian Cusick, was a reboot of
the original 1985 series. Monica Macer, David Straiton, James
Wan, Henry Winkler, Lee David Zlotoff, Michael Clear executive
produce the series for CBS Studios in association with
Lionsgate Television.

"Since coming on board to MacGyver last year, I have been
amazed by the devotion and enthusiasm of this remarkable cast
and crew, as well as the loyal fans," says Monica Macer,
executive producer of 'MacGyver,' who was brought on to replace
former showrunner and exec producer Peter Lenkov, who was
terminated following accusations of creating a toxic work
environment. "My gratitude goes out to Lucas, Tristin, Justin,
Meredith, Levy and Ian, who put everything they have into our
show, specifically for the fans. We can't wait for them to see
our spectacular final episodes and the adventures that still
await for Mac and the team at the Phoenix."

Deadline first reported news of the series ending.

<https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/cbs-macgyver-reboot-ending-season-5-1234946409/>
Alan Smithee
2021-04-08 03:16:11 UTC
This show is pure crapola.
David Johnston
2021-04-08 07:09:12 UTC
Post by Alan Smithee
This show is pure crapola.
I found it to be no worse than the original. I realize that doesn't
necessarily constitute disagreement.
Ubiquitous
2021-04-08 18:13:31 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by Alan Smithee
This show is pure crapola.
I found it to be no worse than the original. I realize that doesn't
necessarily constitute disagreement.
I thought it was worse. The original was a children's show and knew it,
while the reboot didn't. It didn't help that McGyver doing his thing
was accompanied by little arrows with text explaining to us what was
happening.

Trump won.
Your Name
2021-04-08 20:05:18 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by Alan Smithee
This show is pure crapola.
I found it to be no worse than the original. I realize that doesn't
necessarily constitute disagreement.
I thought it was worse. The original was a children's show and knew it,
while the reboot didn't. It didn't help that McGyver doing his thing
was accompanied by little arrows with text explaining to us what was
happening.
The original wasn't a "children's show". It was basically a copy-cat of
the old "Six Million Dolar Man" style of show - a family-watchable
action show.

The reboot was complete garbage in the sense of having anything to do
with the real "MacGyver". They simply stole the core idea and names,
and then made something else barely recognisable, as with all idiotic
Hollyweird reboots. It was okay-ish if a bit silly as just another
action show, but ran out of ideas very quickly a dropped into being
boring drivel, especially when Eades left and the stupid annorexic girl
(with less than zero acting talent) and ugly-tattoo girl came along to
boost the "Equality" and "Diveristy" numbers for the network.
Alan Smithee
2021-04-09 00:49:37 UTC
Post by Your Name
The reboot was complete garbage in the sense of having anything to do
with the real "MacGyver". They simply stole the core idea and names, and
then made something else barely recognisable, as with all idiotic
Hollyweird reboots. It was okay-ish if a bit silly as just another
action show, but ran out of ideas very quickly a dropped into being
boring drivel, especially when Eades left and the stupid anorexic girl
(with less than zero acting talent) and ugly-tattoo girl came along to
boost the "Equality" and "Diversity" numbers for the network.
I recall a female midget running the group. That's when I knew the show
was pure trash. I can't believe it lasted this long when far better
shows have been canned much sooner.
Your Name
2021-04-09 06:47:42 UTC
Post by Alan Smithee
Post by Your Name
The reboot was complete garbage in the sense of having anything to do
with the real "MacGyver". They simply stole the core idea and names, and
then made something else barely recognisable, as with all idiotic
Hollyweird reboots. It was okay-ish if a bit silly as just another
action show, but ran out of ideas very quickly a dropped into being
boring drivel, especially when Eades left and the stupid anorexic girl
(with less than zero acting talent) and ugly-tattoo girl came along to
boost the "Equality" and "Diversity" numbers for the network.
I recall a female midget running the group. That's when I knew the show
was pure trash. I can't believe it lasted this long when far better
shows have been canned much sooner.
Yep, I'd fogetton about her. She wans't in the first season.

Ian J. Ball
2021-04-08 04:34:02 UTC
Post by Your Name
From Variety.com ...
CBS' 'MacGyver' Reboot to End With Season 5
"MacGyver" v2.0 is coming to a close. The CBS reboot starring
Lucas Till, which premiered in 2016, will end after five
seasons with its series finale on April 30.
I wonder if this is "planned for" series finale, or if this is really
CBS pulling the plug at the last second, and the "finale" will instead
end on some idiotic cliffhanger?...
2021-04-08 04:47:46 UTC
Post by Your Name
From Variety.com ...
    CBS' 'MacGyver' Reboot to End With Season 5
    "MacGyver" v2.0 is coming to a close. The CBS reboot starring
    Lucas Till, which premiered in 2016, will end after five
    seasons with its series finale on April 30.
I wonder if this is "planned for" series finale, or if this is really
CBS pulling the plug at the last second, and the "finale" will instead
end on some idiotic cliffhanger?...
Yes.
--
Troll, troll, troll your post gently down the thread
Angrily, angrily, angrily, the net's a nut's scream.
Your Name
2021-04-08 19:56:56 UTC
Post by Your Name
From Variety.com ...
CBS' 'MacGyver' Reboot to End With Season 5
"MacGyver" v2.0 is coming to a close. The CBS reboot starring
Lucas Till, which premiered in 2016, will end after five
seasons with its series finale on April 30.
I wonder if this is "planned for" series finale, or if this is really
CBS pulling the plug at the last second, and the "finale" will instead
end on some idiotic cliffhanger?...
The first news item did say ...

"We're gratified we get to give this dedicated and loyal
fan base the opportunity to say goodbye to their
favorite characters in the thoughtful manner this
series deserves."

and the latest news item does specifically say it is a "planned series
finale" ...

MacGyver to end after planned Season 5 series finale
According to Deadline, the CBS action drama MacGyver will
conclude its five-season run with a series finale set to
air Friday, April 30 in the show's usual 8pm time slot.

<https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1168727-macgyver-will>
Ubiquitous
2021-04-08 18:11:01 UTC
Post by Your Name
CBS' 'MacGyver' Reboot to End With Season 5
Five seasons too late!

--
Trump won.