narkive is for sale. Interested? (dismiss)
[OT] Ping: BTR1701 - My Stupid Governor Continues To Send Covid Patients To Nursing Homes
2020-08-01 18:45:12 UTC
I guess she feels she hasn’t killed enough Republican voting old people yet…

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/07/whitmer-vetoes-gop-backed-bill-to-house-nursing-home-coronavirus-patients-in-separate-facilities.html
Jul 31, 2020

Whitmer vetoes GOP-backed bill to house nursing home coronavirus patients in separate
facilities

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer on Friday vetoed legislation that would have directed COVID-19
patients to dedicated facilities instead of nursing homes with uninfected patients.

The legislation was backed by Republican lawmakers critical of Whitmer’s handling of
nursing home response in the early days of the pandemic.

In a statement, Whitmer said Senate Bill 956 would be harmful to nursing home residents
and other COVID-19 patients.

“Senate Bill 956 is nothing more than a political game that would relocate vulnerable seniors
without any requirement for consent, doctor’s approval, or notification to patients and their
families,” she said. “It’s time for the Republican legislature to get serious about protecting
our most vulnerable and addressing the public health and economic crisis faced by our state.”

Senate Bill 956 would have required the state to inspect and designate one dedicated facility
for coronavirus-positive patients in each of the state’s eight health care regions by Sept. 1.

After that, a hospital that determines a positive patient who isn’t a nursing home resident
and is ineligible for hospitalization would need to transfer the person to either a dedicated
facility or a field hospital.

A person who had tested positive couldn’t be transferred to a nursing home until recovered.
Nursing home residents who contract coronavirus would need to be moved to a physically
separate building or to the COVID-specific facility the state had designated.

Currently, the state has designated regional hubs that can either be separate facilities or
separate units within nursing facilities to house COVID patients needing long-term care,
but not hospitalization.

Whitmer’s critics in the legislature have said the administration’s policy put vulnerable
nursing home populations at risk of contracting the disease.

“I’m still appalled that this happened,” Sen. Peter Lucido, the bill’s sponsor, said on the
Senate floor in June. “For some yet unknown reason, state officials made these decisions
to bring COVID-19 patients into facilities with disastrous results.”

In a statement following the veto, Lucido said he was disappointed by the decision to veto
“this extremely important and commonsense legislation.”

“Politics should not prevail over the health and safety of our seniors and health care workers,
and I urge my colleagues in the Senate and House to consider passing a veto override,” he
said. “We owe this to our citizens, especially the seniors and vulnerable members of our
communities who cannot speak for themselves.”

The coronavirus has, in Michigan and elsewhere, particularly affected elderly populations.
According to data released by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services last
month, 34% of COVID-19 deaths in Michigan are linked to nursing homes.
BTR1701
2020-08-01 20:50:08 UTC
I guess she feels she hasn’t killed enough Republican voting old people yet

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/07/whitmer-vetoes-gop-backed-bill-t
o-house-nursing-home-coronavirus-patients-in-separate-facilities.html
Jul 31, 2020
Whitmer vetoes GOP-backed bill to house nursing home coronavirus patients in
separate facilities
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer on Friday vetoed legislation that would have
directed COVID-19 patients to dedicated facilities instead of nursing
homes with uninfected patients.
What is it with Democrat governors and trying to slaughter all the
elderly people in their states?

Is it because old people tend to vote conservative?

At least Newsom and Cuomo have backed off after their initial round of
annihilating the elderly in California and New York.

Seems like Goebbels Whitmer is re-heating those ovens for a second
go-round.
Ian J. Ball
2020-08-01 21:19:44 UTC
[...]
I've said it multiple times - Whitmer has shown herself to be the worst
governor during this entire thing.
2020-08-01 22:33:41 UTC
[...]
Duuuuhhhhh...

"Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D), on the other hand, has publicly
feuded with the White House, so much so that Trump issued an empty
threat to block Vice President Pence from speaking with her. Whitmer’s
handling of the virus stands at 67 percent approval, a 5-point increase
since April." BY REID WILSON - 07/29/20 11:51 PM EDT

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/509722-governors-approval-ratings-drop-as-covid-19-cases-mount

Double Duuuuhhhhh...

"Democratic governors Gretchen Whitmer in Michigan, Roy Cooper in North
Carolina, Tom Wolf in Pennsylvania and Tony Evers in Wisconsin — all
states that will play a role in the 2020 presidential election — have
approval ratings in the high 50s to mid 60s this summer, all after
taking restrictions that went beyond many of their Republican
counterparts to control the coronavirus."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/07/31/governors-took-strict-measures-coronavirus-are-seeing-better-political-outcomes/

Thanks Thanny! I love it when you give me another chance to burst that
big fat balloon you call a head.
--
History will show when Tyranny came to the streets of America, the 3%,
Militiamen and Gun Nuts, who like to dress up as GI Joe in tactical

"Leaders who have hidden in a bunker and gassed their own citizens
include Saddam Hussein, Adolf Hitler and Donald [Bunker Bitch] Trump." -
Ben Wexler
REAL PRESIDENTS LEAD. REALITY TV PRESIDENTS DON'T.

Trump: "No, I don't take responsibility at all." - 3/13/20
Ed Stasiak
2020-08-01 23:22:13 UTC
What is it with Democrat governors and trying to slaughter all the
elderly people in their states?
The more covid deaths, the more the Dems and MSM can blame them on
Trump, while Whitmer can use them to maintain her wide ranging authority
under the 1945 “Emergency Powers of Governor Act”.
Post by FPP
I've said it multiple times - Whitmer has shown herself to be the worst
governor during this entire thing.
And yet she’s still in the running to be Joe Biden’s VP candidate (and his
successor after he wanders off into traffic…)
Post by FPP
Thanks Thanny!
You know you’re replying to Ian, right?
2020-08-02 00:47:19 UTC
Post by FPP
Thanks Thanny!
You know you're replying to Ian, right?
This is one of those times where he's 'obviously' replying to me through
Ian from a different thread while standing on his head.

Or something.

And the only reason you don't get that is because of your 'reading
comprehension problems'.

Or something.
FPP
2020-08-02 05:18:22 UTC
Post by FPP
Thanks Thanny!
You know you're replying to Ian, right?
This is one of those times where he's 'obviously' replying to me through
Ian from a different thread while standing on his head.
Or something.
And the only reason you don't get that is because of your 'reading
comprehension problems'.
Or something.
Ian has me killfiled - so, no... I don't reply to somebody I KNOW isn't
reading me.
Jesus, this shit ain't hard.

trotsky
Ian's afraid of the moon, too.
trotsky
Sockpuppetry really fucks things up don't it.
FPP
2020-08-02 13:49:35 UTC
Post by FPP
Thanks Thanny!
You know you're replying to Ian, right?
This is one of those times where he's 'obviously' replying to me through
Ian from a different thread while standing on his head.
Sockpuppetry really fucks things up don't it.
Jesus, it should be obvious.

trotsky
2020-08-02 12:19:51 UTC
I guess she feels she hasn’t killed enough Republican voting old people yetâ€>> https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2020/07/whitmer-vetoes-gop-backed-bill-t
o-house-nursing-home-coronavirus-patients-in-separate-facilities.html
Jul 31, 2020
Whitmer vetoes GOP-backed bill to house nursing home coronavirus patients in
separate facilities
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer on Friday vetoed legislation that would have
directed COVID-19 patients to dedicated facilities instead of nursing
homes with uninfected patients.
What is it with Democrat governors and trying to slaughter all the
elderly people in their states?
Is it because old people tend to vote conservative?
At least Newsom and Cuomo have backed off after their initial round of
annihilating the elderly in California and New York.
Seems like Goebbels Whitmer is re-heating those ovens for a second
go-round.
But you and your sockpuppet don't have the collective balls to comment
on what's happening in Florida? Stop trolling please, it's boring.