Is Sen. Rand Paul Okay? His Latest COVID Rant Seems Deranged Even By His Standards.
Add Reply
Newman
2021-08-11 18:48:24 UTC
Is Sen. Rand Paul okay? His latest COVID rant seems deranged even by his
standards.
BY LINDA BLACKFORD

Could Sen. Rand Paul possibly be worried about his 2022 Senate campaign?

Not many people think challenger Charles Booker has a chance in the
crimson state of Kentucky, but this weekend Rand Paul put out a video on
Twitter that seemed desperate and loony even by his standards.

“President Biden: We will not accept your agency’s mandates or your
reported moves toward a lockdown,” Paul said. “No one should follow the
CDC’s anti-science mask mandates. And if you want to shut down federal
agencies again, some of which aren’t even back to work yet, I will stop
every bill coming through the Senate with an amendment to cut their
funding if they don’t come back to work in-person.”

Does he mean schools? I think he means schools, which he doesn’t have to
worry about because it appears most Kentucky public schools aren’t
requiring masks anyway.

Resist! declares Rand Paul. Resist as he did when he had COVID-19 and
wandered around the Capitol without a mask! Resist as he did when he set
up his own ophthalmology licensing board with his wife and father-in-law
as the the only board members! Resist as Rand Paul did against a federal
anti-lynching law! Resist as Rand Paul would have in 1964 against part of
the Civil Rights Act! You know, because it forbade segregation even in
private businesses.

(Or you could resist like the Dallas, Texas school district, which is
implementing masks in defiance of Gov. Greg Abbott’s order that bans such
mandates because there are so many COVID cases in Texas right now.)

Rand Paul, an eye doctor who believes he’s a genius, is bad enough when
he’s calm and condescending. But this new, excitable Rand Paul might be
even worse. Is the Senate campaign getting to him already? Or was being
called an idiot by Dr. Anthony Fauci hurtful to his feelings? How else can
we explain his escalating lunacy? Is he worried about his base? Why else
would he bring up Nancy Pelosi? Stopping the spread of COVID in the U.S.
Capitol is her “drunk with power reign over the Capitol.” Saying the words
“Nancy Pelosi” is a sure sign of desperate appeal to the Republican base,
you usually save it for when you’re losing, which as far as we know, Paul
is not.

And while we’re asking all these questions, what did Kentucky ever do to
deserve Paul or his mini-me, Rep. Thomas Massie? Massie recently joined up
with another House Republican brain trust, Marjorie Taylor Greene, to sue
Pelosi over fines for not wearing a mask. Sure, this kind of political
posturing helps Massie and Paul ignore the larger problems at home, like
failing infrastructure, poor health outcomes and low educational
attainment that makes people think their opinions are better than those of
trained public health officials.

That includes Sen. Paul, of course, who has been ranting about his natural
immunity from COVID, but has yet to say anything about a new study of
Kentuckians that found the vaccine protects you much more from the Delta
variant than the immunity from having had it already.

https://www.kentucky.com/opinion/linda-blackford/article253366383.html
max headroom
Obviously we can ignore this twat.
Kurt Nicklas
2021-08-11 19:30:13 UTC
Post by max headroom
Obviously we can ignore this twat.
Rand Paul is clearly a crank and a homosexual. Christians pray that COVID
will kill him before he causes too much damage.

David Frum Calls Rand Paul ‘An Authentic Crank’ and ‘A Weirdo on Modern
Medicine’ for Video Attacking Mask Mandates

In a video posted on his Twitter account Sunday, Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) railed
against the masking guidelines recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease
Control.

“President Biden,” said Paul in the video, “we will not accept your agency’s
mandates or your reported moves towards a lockdown. No one should follow the
CDC’s anti-science mask mandates.”

The Biden administration has made no indication it is pursuing a lockdown.

David Frum, Senior Editor at The Atlantic, ripped Paul, noted that the
senator is an ophthalmologist and not a virologist.

“He has no more insight into virology than you or I or any other listener of
this program,” said Frum. “If you’re a car mechanic, you know as much about
viruses as Rand Paul does. But Rand Paul – to do him justice – is at least an
authentic crank. He has been cranky on so many issues over so many years,
it’s not surprising that he’s a weirdo on modern medicine too.”

Frum said what he finds more disturbing are the politicians who are not
“cranks” who are “acting in cynical ways.”

“They have created a culture war,” he said. “And now they’re prisoners of
that culture war. And even some Republican politicians like Mitch McConnell
who’d like to end the culture war, just can’t.”

Frum singled out Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, whom he called “reasonably pro-
vaccine,” for nonetheless sending out fundraising emails that portray public
health officials in an unfavorable light.

“If you get his fundraising emails, as I do, you live in a world in which the
public health guardians of the country are in fact the greatest enemies of
the country,” said Frum.
max headroom
2021-08-11 22:30:59 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Post by max headroom
Obviously we can ignore this twat.
Rand Paul is clearly a crank and a homosexual. Christians pray that COVID
will kill him before he causes too much damage.
How would you know?
Post by Kurt Nicklas
David Frum Calls Rand Paul An Authentic Crank and A Weirdo on Modern
Medicine for Video Attacking Mask Mandates...
[snip]
Hardly an unbiased source.
AlleyCat
2021-08-12 02:09:29 UTC
Paul is a professional politician and a brainless bloodsucker.

His only lifetime achievement was when he was running for president
and called Donald Trump "a delusional narcissist and an orange-faced
windbag."

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

Gronk
Everyone should ignore Rand Paul.
Kurt Nicklas

the country,” said Frum.
Lamey
2021-08-16 18:05:25 UTC
Homophobe.
Rudy Canoza
2021-08-16 20:20:17 UTC
Post by Kurt Nicklas
Rand Paul is clearly a crank and a homosexual
So am I.
"Jack Shit" = "Skeeter" = "Jack-off Skeeter Shit-4-Braincell"

Tell us something we don't already know, Jack-off Skeeter Shit-4-Braincell.
Kurt Nicklas

the country,” said Frum.
max headroom
2021-09-01 03:08:53 UTC
Post by max headroom
Obviously we can ignore this twat.
Rand Paul is clearly a ...
... United States senator, whereas you're a troll.
Kurt Nicklas

the country,” said Frum.
Kurt Nicklas

the country,” said Frum.
Kurt Nicklas

the country,” said Frum.
Kurt Nicklas

the country,” said Frum.
Kurt Nicklas

the country,” said Frum.
Kurt Nicklas

the country,” said Frum.
trotsky
Which is ironic because I think he's addicted to crank too.
Kurt Nicklas

the country,” said Frum.
Kurt Schlichter
2021-08-11 19:26:04 UTC
Post by Newman
[...]
He's a pathological liar and a CAREER POLITICIAN sucking from the taxpayer
teat. Even the wig he wears on his head is paid for by us!
Kurt Schlichter
Kurt Schlichter
Kurt Schlichter
Kurt Schlichter