The Most Justified Case Of TV Censorship In History
2018-10-10 22:43:38 UTC
Peppa Pig is an innocuous cartoon for young children starting the
titular piglet chock of full of morals about how to get along with
others. Even so one of the episodes was banned.
The five-minute episode shows the two children discovering the spider
in the bathroom sink and eventually befriending it. “George wants the
spider to be his friend,” the program’s narrator says. “George likes
the spider and the spider likes George.”
At the end of the episode, the children pour it a cup of tea
alongside a set of dolls. “We are all going to have tea with Mister
Skinny Legs,” Peppa announces. “Peppa likes Mister Skinny Legs,
everyone likes Mister Skinny Legs,” the narrator then declares.
The message about spiders being harmless and nothing to fear was
considered to be an inadvisable one for young Australian children.
alvey

alvey
Dimensional Traveler
2018-10-10 23:13:42 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Peppa Pig is an innocuous cartoon for young children starting the
titular piglet chock of full of morals about how to get along with
others.  Even so one of the episodes was banned.
The five-minute episode shows the two children discovering the spider
in the bathroom sink and eventually befriending it. “George wants the
spider to be his friend,” the program’s narrator says. “George likes
the spider and the spider likes George.”
At the end of the episode, the children pour it a cup of tea
alongside a set of dolls. “We are all going to have tea with Mister
Skinny Legs,” Peppa announces. “Peppa likes Mister Skinny Legs,
everyone likes Mister Skinny Legs,” the narrator then declares.
The message about spiders being harmless and nothing to fear was
considered to be an inadvisable one for young Australian children.
Wait a minute, that sounds disturbingly like common sense. That can't
be right.
instinct are running screaming.
RichA
Morons anthropomorphize the Funnel Web. Results momentarily...
Rhino
2018-10-11 00:03:16 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Peppa Pig is an innocuous cartoon for young children starting the
titular piglet chock of full of morals about how to get along with
others.  Even so one of the episodes was banned.
The five-minute episode shows the two children discovering the spider
in the bathroom sink and eventually befriending it. “George wants the
spider to be his friend,” the program’s narrator says. “George likes
the spider and the spider likes George.”
At the end of the episode, the children pour it a cup of tea
alongside a set of dolls. “We are all going to have tea with Mister
Skinny Legs,” Peppa announces. “Peppa likes Mister Skinny Legs,
everyone likes Mister Skinny Legs,” the narrator then declares.
The message about spiders being harmless and nothing to fear was
considered to be an inadvisable one for young Australian children.
Friends of a friend went to Australia on a vacation once and said they
stayed in some kind of touristy accomodation with a thatched roof. I
remember them saying that they'd encountered several problematic
creatures in that roof. I think they said they'd seen snakes, spiders,
and/or scorpions, at least some of whom were venomous.

I doubt that people who live in *any* country with venomous spiders is
going to be very keen on their children being encouraged to make friends
with them.
All where likely venomous. Unless the snakes were constrictors.
The Horny Goat
2018-10-13 20:56:55 UTC
Friends of a friend went to Australia on a vacation once and said they
stayed in some kind of touristy accomodation with a thatched roof. I
remember them saying that they'd encountered several problematic
creatures in that roof. I think they said they'd seen snakes, spiders,
and/or scorpions, at least some of whom were venomous.
I doubt that people who live in *any* country with venomous spiders is
going to be very keen on their children being encouraged to make friends
with them.
I know when Survivor filmed in Australia years ago they were regularly
talking about how Oz had a remarkable collection of toxic fauna - and
they WEREN'T talking about politicians!

Our late lamented dog once got the experience of his life when nosing
the behind of a black and white creature. At the time we had a black
and white cat (think Sylvester of Tweetie Pie fame) and let's just say
Mr. Skunk didn't take a dog's nose up his bum as well as our cat
did...

BTR1701
2018-10-11 00:30:16 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Peppa Pig is an innocuous cartoon for young children starting the
titular piglet chock of full of morals about how to get along with
others. Even so one of the episodes was banned.
The five-minute episode shows the two children discovering the spider
in the bathroom sink and eventually befriending it. "George wants the
spider to be his friend," the program's narrator says. "George likes
the spider and the spider likes George."
At the end of the episode, the children pour it a cup of tea
alongside a set of dolls. "We are all going to have tea with Mister
Skinny Legs," Peppa announces. "Peppa likes Mister Skinny Legs,
everyone likes Mister Skinny Legs," the narrator then declares.
The message about spiders being harmless and nothing to fear was
considered to be an inadvisable one for young Australian children.
Heh. They should have named him Mr. Funnel Web instead of Mr. Skinny
Legs.

"Mr. Skinny Legs just gave Peppa a kiss. Now Peppa has a headache and is
vomiting! George is sweating a lot and he lost control of his body after
Mr. Skinny Legs kissed him! Isn't it funny how George is twitching?"
Neill Massello
2018-10-11 17:43:26 UTC
"Peppa passes."
moviePig
2018-10-11 02:21:56 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Peppa Pig is an innocuous cartoon for young children starting the
titular piglet chock of full of morals about how to get along with
others.  Even so one of the episodes was banned.
The five-minute episode shows the two children discovering the spider
in the bathroom sink and eventually befriending it. “George wants the
spider to be his friend,” the program’s narrator says. “George likes
the spider and the spider likes George.”
At the end of the episode, the children pour it a cup of tea
alongside a set of dolls. “We are all going to have tea with Mister
Skinny Legs,” Peppa announces. “Peppa likes Mister Skinny Legs,
everyone likes Mister Skinny Legs,” the narrator then declares.
The message about spiders being harmless and nothing to fear was
considered to be an inadvisable one for young Australian children.
"Some Pig!" -Charlotte
--
- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...
http://www.moviepig.com
Ed Stasiak
2018-10-11 02:36:07 UTC
"Some Pig!" -Charlotte
“Terrific!” - EMS first responders
alvey
2018-10-11 05:18:47 UTC
"Err tha tha tha tha tha that's all folks." - Porky
Adam H. Kerman
2018-10-11 02:39:40 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Peppa Pig is an innocuous cartoon for young children starting the
titular piglet chock of full of morals about how to get along with
others. Even so one of the episodes was banned.
The five-minute episode shows the two children discovering the spider
in the bathroom sink and eventually befriending it. “George wants the
spider to be his friend,” the program’s narrator says. “George likes
the spider and the spider likes George.”
At the end of the episode, the children pour it a cup of tea
alongside a set of dolls. “We are all going to have tea with Mister
Skinny Legs,” Peppa announces. “Peppa likes Mister Skinny Legs,
everyone likes Mister Skinny Legs,” the narrator then declares.
The message about spiders being harmless and nothing to fear was
considered to be an inadvisable one for young Australian children.
Well, around here, they're harmless unless you're a smaller insect. I
suppose that's not the case in Australia.

My brother's been walking out of his house each morning into an enormous
spider web set up right outside his door. For several days, she rebuilt
it, but gave up today. He's now worried about all the deadly insects
she's no longer eating.
anim8rfsk
2018-10-11 03:08:57 UTC
Post by David Johnston
[...]
Yeah I think the show is made in England where poisonous spiders are a
bit scarcer on the ground.
she's no longer eating.
Nancy2
2018-10-11 12:40:14 UTC
Adam, your brother should be worried about the thousands of babies who will hatch from her eggs
....wherever they are!

N.
Adam H. Kerman
2018-10-11 12:54:48 UTC
I'll call him in the middle of the night to point this out.
BTR1701
2018-10-11 14:05:03 UTC
My brother's been walking out of his house each morning into an enormous
spider web set up right outside his door. For several days, she rebuilt
it, but gave up today. He's now worried about all the deadly insects
she's no longer eating.
Back in Houston, I had a small tarantula make its home behind my TV
cabinet. I left him be and in return, he kept my apartment insect-free.
I named him Howard.
Adam H. Kerman
You know the major predators are female. That was probably Bernadette.
BTR1701
It was a very quiet spider, so that can't be right.
anim8rfsk
2018-10-11 15:26:26 UTC
My brother's been walking out of his house each morning into an enormous
spider web set up right outside his door. For several days, she rebuilt
it, but gave up today. He's now worried about all the deadly insects
she's no longer eating.
Back in Houston, I had a small tarantula make its home behind my TV
cabinet. I left him be and in return, he kept my apartment insect-free.
I named him Howard.
You know the major predators are female. That was probably Bernadette.
It was a very quiet spider, so that can't be right.
I wonder if the naming convention is based on the scene with Bernadette
Peters from The Longest Yard.