BBC: Leftist teachers in German schools worried.
2018-10-11 13:17:11 UTC
Also note; BBC defines political bias as "politically-partial." The left will do anything they can with language to lessen its impact IF it that impact is negative for them. The left is notorious for this kind of propaganda, which is why illegal aliens are now "migrants" or "undocumented immigrants" now.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45822370
BTR1701
2018-10-11 14:26:56 UTC
Also note; BBC defines political bias as "politically-partial." The left
will do anything they can with language to lessen its impact IF it that
impact is negative for them. The left is notorious for this kind of
propaganda, which is why illegal aliens are now "migrants" or
"undocumented immigrants" now.
Even "undocumented immigrant" is now being touted as 'racist' by the
latino grievance groups. They now want us to call them 'pre-citizens'.

Here in L.A., where our yoga pants-wearing mayor fancies himself the
next president, city employees can't say 'homeless' anymore. Apparently
that's now racist-- no wait, 'homeless' isn't race-- so just offensive,
then. The approved 'progressive' term for drug-addicted vagrants is now
'the unsheltered'.
anim8rfsk
2018-10-11 15:56:00 UTC
Also note; BBC defines political bias as "politically-partial." The left
will do anything they can with language to lessen its impact IF it that
impact is negative for them. The left is notorious for this kind of
propaganda, which is why illegal aliens are now "migrants" or
"undocumented immigrants" now.
Even "undocumented immigrant" is now being touted as 'racist' by the
latino grievance groups. They now want us to call them 'pre-citizens'.
Here in L.A., where our yoga pants-wearing mayor fancies himself the
next president, city employees can't say 'homeless' anymore. Apparently
that's now racist-- no wait, 'homeless' isn't race-- so just offensive,
then. The approved 'progressive' term for drug-addicted vagrants is now
'the unsheltered'.
20-odd years back, one of my co-workers got written about in the company
newsletter for her volunteer work with the local association for the
"differently enabled". I'm *still* not sure what that means but I'm
guessing it's the replacement term for "retarded". As I recall,
"retarded" was viewed as offensive even though it just means slow and
the next term they came up with - "intellectually challenged" - was
similarly disparaged as was "mentally disabled" so they concocted
"differently enabled" as if these people got some sort of extra special
gifts after being short-changed in their intellectual gifts. But I could
be wrong, maybe "differently enabled" actually means that they have
extra fingers or something....

Toronto indulged in this PC nonsense as well back in the 90s. One day, I
was driving down Lakeshore Blvd where it is runs underneath the Gardiner
Expressway. I kept seeing signs warning about "open maintenance covers"
but had no idea what a "maintenance cover" was and especially WHERE they
were. Were they in the ground? Were they in the pillars holding up the
Gardiner Expressway (perhaps to facilitate access to electric wires to
the lighting along the Gardiner)? Were they in the Gardiner itself,
perhaps to facilitate drainage from the roadway? While I was looking all
around trying to figure out where they were, I damn near drove into one,
potentially wrecking my car and injuring or killing myself. It turns out
that was the term devised by Toronto city council to replace "manholes",
which was apparently irredeemably sexist. (I heard that the person-holes
on Council spent *hours* debating the various terms which should replace
the clear and understandable term "manhole" and settled on "maintenance
cover". Too bad they didn't make any effort to educate the public about
what the hell they had done!)
2018-10-11 16:46:43 UTC
[...]
Partly. It more or less replaced 'disabled' on the theory that somebody
without arms or legs or eyes or ears can do the job just as well as you can,
only differently. Seriously. It's like the DareDevil "he may be blind but he
can read the newspaper just fine with his fingertips" scenario.
Post by Rhino
"retarded" was viewed as offensive even though it just means slow and
I got reamed by The Peach for this one.
"retarded" is permissable
"retard" is a slur

I'm allowed to say "DT is totally retarded" presumably because it's a slam on
him personally.

I'm not allowed to say "DT is a total retard" because it's a class action
slam, associating helpless retards (oops) with him.
Post by Rhino
the next term they came up with - "intellectually challenged" - was
similarly disparaged as was "mentally disabled" so they concocted
"differently enabled" as if these people got some sort of extra special
gifts after being short-changed in their intellectual gifts. But I could
be wrong, maybe "differently enabled" actually means that they have
extra fingers or something....
That's almost correct. See above.
Post by Rhino
[...]
Yeah, we had 'manhole' as sexist here too. I don't think we ever replaced the
term successfully though.
2018-10-12 09:45:02 UTC
Post by Rhino
"retarded" was viewed as offensive even though it just means slow and
I got reamed by The Peach for this one.
Without the courtesy of a reach-around?

Extra credit for anyone that can tell me what movie that's from.
FPP
2018-10-12 11:18:42 UTC
Post by Rhino
"retarded" was viewed as offensive even though it just means slow and
I got reamed by The Peach for this one.
Without the courtesy of a reach-around?
Extra credit for anyone that can tell me what movie that's from.
Looks like we have a Joker in the group...
--
"TRUMP 2020"
Yeah... 20 for Obstruction and 20 for Treason.
Adam H. Kerman
2018-10-11 16:55:37 UTC
[...]
Aargh

A plumber once pointed out to me that all terms for plumbing parts are
indeed sexist, all references to male and female genitalia.

"Manhole" then fails to take plumbing analogy to extremes. That's
technically misgendered per the naming convention.

Oops
anim8rfsk
2018-10-11 17:07:31 UTC
[...]
2018-10-11 18:26:41 UTC
[...]
When I was starting out, we had master and slave settings for stuff
like disc drives. Hadn't thought of that in quite a while.
BTR1701
2018-10-11 18:58:14 UTC
A plumber once pointed out to me that all terms for plumbing parts are
indeed sexist, all references to male and female genitalia.
"Manhole" then fails to take plumbing analogy to extremes. That's
technically misgendered per the naming convention.
Oops
When I was starting out, we had master and slave settings for stuff
like disc drives. Hadn't thought of that in quite a while.
In some places real estate agents aren't allowed to even refer to the
largest bedroom in a house as a 'master bedroom' anymore because that term
is supposedly derived from the slave plantation days and it's therefore
racist to say it.
anim8rfsk
Because the slaves lived in suites too?
anim8rfsk
2018-10-11 19:38:43 UTC
[...]
Yep. Caught Hell for that too.
2018-10-11 22:23:31 UTC
[...]
And "jumpers"...
--
TRUMP 2020
20 for Obstruction, and 20 for Treason.
Rhino
2018-10-11 15:57:13 UTC
Also note; BBC defines political bias as "politically-partial." The left
will do anything they can with language to lessen its impact IF it that
impact is negative for them. The left is notorious for this kind of
propaganda, which is why illegal aliens are now "migrants" or
"undocumented immigrants" now.
Even "undocumented immigrant" is now being touted as 'racist' by the
latino grievance groups. They now want us to call them 'pre-citizens'.
I think I prefer "pre-deportees"....
Ha! I'll use that at the next pro-illegal march that passes by my building.
trotsky
2018-10-12 09:43:33 UTC
Also note; BBC defines political bias as "politically-partial." The left
will do anything they can with language to lessen its impact IF it that
impact is negative for them. The left is notorious for this kind of
propaganda, which is why illegal aliens are now "migrants" or
"undocumented immigrants" now.
Even "undocumented immigrant" is now being touted as 'racist' by the
latino grievance groups.
Cite?

And let me help you with this: You said "groups" so you have to
have cites for AT LEAST two different "grievance groups",
whatever the fuck that means. Otherwise this is just more of
your lies and diarrhea of the cyber mouth.
RichA
2018-10-11 23:43:58 UTC
I'd just like to add, if these teachers are acting as propagandists for the leftist cause, they should remember what happened to a government-run socialist indoctrination camp for children in Norway, as it could happen again.
trotsky
2018-10-12 09:42:01 UTC
Also note; BBC defines political bias as "politically-partial." The left will do anything they can with language
Language? You haven't said one fucking thing that makes sense in
any human language.