What liberal media?
2006-05-16 01:48:11 UTC
CNN AIRS BUSH REHEARSAL LIVE; NETWORK CALLS "MISTAKE"

CNN aired President Bush rehearsing his immigration speech from the Oval
Office on Monday night!

The embarrassing images and audio [16 seconds total] captured the
president starting and stopping his message, then looking at the White
House media advisor for direction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPu19jOcJF4

"The president is rehearsing and the network pool inadvertently went to
the president as he is rehearsing," anchor Wolf Blitzer explained.

FOXNEWS, MSNBC, CBS, ABC and other outlets did not air the rehearsal.

The slip comes just six months after CNN mistakenly placed a bold black
'X' mark over Vice President Cheney's face as he gave a speech.
--
It is simply breathtaking to watch the glee and abandon with which
the liberal media and the Angry Left have been attempting to turn
for them, it's failing.
Daniel Damouth
2006-05-16 02:23:31 UTC
CNN aired President Bush rehearsing his immigration speech from the
Oval Office on Monday night!
The embarrassing images and audio [16 seconds total] captured the
president starting and stopping his message, then looking at the
White House media advisor for direction.
Why was a showing a rehearsal embarrassing?

-Dan Damouth
curmudgeon
2006-05-16 02:48:15 UTC
"Daniel Damouth" <***@san.rr.com> wrote in message news:***@66.75.164.120...
***@polaris.net (Ubiquitous) wrote in news:V_-***@comcast.com:

CNN aired President Bush rehearsing his immigration speech from the
Oval Office on Monday night!

The embarrassing images and audio [16 seconds total] captured the
president starting and stopping his message, then looking at the
White House media advisor for direction.

Why was a showing a rehearsal embarrassing?

-Dan Damouth

Because we have no way of knowing just how many times he had to do it over
before he got it right.
Ubiquitous
2006-05-16 10:28:43 UTC
In article <j5idnWQtrpL3oPTZRVn-***@bresnan.com>, ***@bresnan.net
says...
Post by Ubiquitous
CNN aired President Bush rehearsing his immigration speech from the
Oval Office on Monday night!
The embarrassing images and audio [16 seconds total] captured the
president starting and stopping his message, then looking at the
White House media advisor for direction.
Why was a showing a rehearsal embarrassing?
Because we have no way of knowing just how many times he had to do it over
before he got it right.
You really need to get over this bitterness about AlGore being unable
to steal the election and Bush doing so well.
for them, it's failing.
Andrew Ryan Chang
2006-05-16 06:03:15 UTC
CNN AIRS BUSH REHEARSAL LIVE; NETWORK CALLS "MISTAKE"
CNN aired President Bush rehearsing his immigration speech from the Oval
Office on Monday night!
Why does a simple mistake of airing a rehearsal count as liberal
bias in your crazy eyes? Do you think CNN made it up?
--
"In 1989, AAA called vapor traps on gas tanks a safety hazard. In 1994, it
opposed a move by smogbound eastern states to promote low-polluting cars."

[http://www.nrdc.org/amicus/01win/aaa/aaa.asp]
Ubiquitous
2006-05-16 10:27:06 UTC
Post by Andrew Ryan Chang
Post by Ubiquitous
CNN AIRS BUSH REHEARSAL LIVE; NETWORK CALLS "MISTAKE"
CNN aired President Bush rehearsing his immigration speech from the Oval
Office on Monday night!
Why does a simple mistake of airing a rehearsal count as liberal
bias in your crazy eyes?
Ah yes, the obligatory ad hominum attack. Liberal media bias has been
proven long ago, but this is not the first "accident" on CNN with this
administration. It's sad how far CNN has slid over the last six years
or so.
Post by Andrew Ryan Chang
Do you think CNN made it up?
That's ridiculous, even for a strawman.
for them, it's failing.
b***@gmail.com
2006-05-26 11:00:00 UTC
Liberal media bias has been
proven long ago,
No, it hasn't. (Hint: if O'Lielly says it, don't believe it.)

But the bias has been disproven. All you need is a working brain.

In fact, if there is a bias, it's a Repug one. Just look at how Bush
got a free pass in the 2000 election, whereas Gore was smeared with
lies over and over again. Ditto for Kerry. Or how about the repeated
claims that the Abramoff corruption scandal is "bipartisan", whereas
it's clearly not? Etcetera etcetera.

BTW Did ya know the The Voice Of America hasn't had any correspondents
in Baghdad because it's too dangerous? I guess they're also one of
those liberal media that don't report all the good news from Iraq. Oh
wait, no, it's actually a US government propaganda tool -- oops.

Ah, FACTS -- what did Colbert say about them? Oh yeah, "reality has a
liberal slant". ;-)

BTW when are you gonna really "support the troops" by doing something
more than posting Repug nonsense? GoArmy.com -- or are you just another
Yellow Elephant? If you like that war so much, go fight it!
BVH
Newport
2006-05-26 17:20:08 UTC
***@gmail.com
If O'Lielly says it, don't believe it. Just look at how Bush got a free
pass in the 2000 election. Ah, FACTS -- what did Colbert say about them?
Oh yeah, "reality has a liberal slant". ;-) BTW when are you (Ubi)
gonna really "support the troops" by doing something more than posting
Repug nonsense?
-------------------------------
Good question!

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com
O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
Newport
2006-05-16 12:10:47 UTC
***@sfu.ca (Andrew=A0Ryan=A0Chang)
liberal bias in your (Ubi's) crazy eyes?
---------------------------------
When the opposite is true. The media is owned by conservatives and has
taken far too long to expose BushCo's corruption.

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
FDR
2006-05-16 12:30:11 UTC
[...]
There are mistakes like that. And then "mistakes" that get 100's of
thousands of people killed for imaginary WMD.
trotsky
Ubi doesn't care about people dying. Even the troops.
Newport
2006-05-16 14:48:12 UTC
***@email.com (trotsky)
Ubi doesn't care about people dying. Even the troops.
------------------------------
Draft the fucker!

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
trotsky
2006-05-16 15:00:42 UTC
He wouldn't make it past the "don't ask, don't tell" policy.
cloud dreamer
2006-05-16 15:13:09 UTC
the troops.
------------------------------
Draft the fucker!
He wouldn't make it past the "don't ask, don't tell" policy.
LOL. <Milk up nose...thanks!>

..
Newport
2006-05-16 19:16:25 UTC
***@email.com (trotsky)
Ubi doesn't care about people dying. Even the troops.
------------------------------
Newport: Draft the fucker!
------------------------------
He wouldn't make it past the "don't ask, don't tell" policy.
------------------------------
Newport: He falls into the "don't wanna know" category.

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
Ubiquitous
2006-05-24 09:46:54 UTC
Ubi doesn't care about people dying. Even the troops.
"Trotsky", OTOH, gleefully celebrates their deaths.
for them, it's failing.
Ubiquitous
2006-05-24 09:44:17 UTC
Post by FDR
There are mistakes like that. And then "mistakes" that get 100's of
thousands of people killed for imaginary WMD.
Are you talking about the ones that Democrats were talking about
long before Bush came onto the scene?

Try not to be so bitter about Bush actually doing something about them,
mmkay?
for them, it's failing.
FDR
2006-05-24 19:02:42 UTC
Post by FDR
There are mistakes like that. And then "mistakes" that get 100's of
thousands of people killed for imaginary WMD.
Are you talking about the ones that Democrats were talking about
long before Bush came onto the scene?
Try not to be so bitter about Bush actually doing something about them,
mmkay?
Reagan was in office when Saddam gassed his own people. Tell me what Reagan
did about it, other than look the other way because we were "friends with
Saddam?
for them, it's failing.
Puzzla
2006-05-24 21:05:59 UTC
Sorry, but the media is not liberal or conservative. They are mirrors.
They report what we want to see. The highly rated local news here in
Houston, leads with blood and guts EVERY DAY! You would think people would
get tired of that, but no. They have been #1 for years. They report on
murders so much, that you would think the number of murders were up. If the
media were liberal, they would have been in Darfur with the first signs of
mass murder. If the media were conservative, they wouldn't have any
negative reports on the current administration. They know what we want and
they give it to us. When American Idol debuted, not many newscasters talked
about it. When it became a phenomenon, it is all we got. They know that a
lot of people actually care who wins and loses. They know that people are
talking about the winner or 1st runner up, like it was Christ's return.

Puzz
ANIM8Rfsk
2006-05-24 22:57:09 UTC
Post by Puzzla
Sorry, but the media is not liberal or conservative. They are mirrors.
They report what we want to see.
I disagree. They report what they want to be seen.

Puzz
David Johnston
2006-05-24 23:55:35 UTC
Post by ANIM8Rfsk
Post by Puzzla
Sorry, but the media is not liberal or conservative. They are mirrors.
They report what we want to see.
I disagree. They report what they want to be seen.
No, they don't. They report what they think will get them good
ratings. It's a business.
Puzzla
2006-05-25 00:09:52 UTC
Post by David Johnston
Post by ANIM8Rfsk
Post by Puzzla
Sorry, but the media is not liberal or conservative. They are mirrors.
They report what we want to see.
I disagree. They report what they want to be seen.
No, they don't. They report what they think will get them good
ratings. It's a business.
True. And they know what we'll watch. When they showed the American people
the starving people in Ethiopia, we were moved. But after about a week, we
didn't want to see more starving people. People didn't stop starving, we
just didn't want to watch. We dictate what they show.

Puzz
2006-05-25 14:44:26 UTC
Post by ANIM8Rfsk
Post by Puzzla
Sorry, but the media is not liberal or conservative. They are mirrors.
They report what we want to see.
I disagree. They report what they want to be seen.
Hard to make a living telling people what you want them to hear, not
what they want to hear. Ask that guy in the ragged clothing ranting on
the street corner.

The mass media are in business to sell advertising. And they make money
by doing so, they are not being funded by thinktanks like AEI. And they
are not in any form of collusion, they are in competition with each
other. If one outlet figured out that other outlets are feeding people
stuff that they did not want to see, they would immediately switch over
and put everybody else out of business.
Newport
2006-05-25 14:45:48 UTC
***@puzzla.net (Puzzla)
When American Idol debuted, not many newscasters talked about it. When
it became a phenomenon, it is all we got. They know that a lot of people
actually care who wins and loses. They know that people are talking
about the winner or 1st runner up, like it was Christ's return.
-----------------------------------
Pathetic ain't it? The media did a lousy job of covering this
adminstration's corruption for far too long. Now that a fair number of
the people have caught up, they may be making up for lost time.

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
b***@gmail.com
2006-05-27 00:52:38 UTC
Post by FDR
Reagan was in office when Saddam gassed his own people. Tell me what Reagan
did about it, other than look the other way because we were "friends with
Saddam?
Reagan did far more. Reagan GAVE Saddam biological and chemical
weapons. And to make sure that he wasn't just gonna drop them anywhere,
he also GAVE Saddam sat images that revealed the positions of Iranian
troops.

Of course, Reagan also helped out the Iranians, not in the least
because he made a deal with them to prolong the hostage situation until
he was president. And that's how Iran-Contra-gate started, which
involved Reagan dealing with both an enemy of the US and supporting
terrorists groups in Latin-America.

What a great guy, hm?
BVH
Newport
2006-05-27 11:42:44 UTC
***@gmail.com
Reagan GAVE Saddam biological and chemical weapons. And to make sure
that he wasn't just gonna drop them anywhere, he also GAVE Saddam sat
images that revealed the positions of Iranian troops.
Of course, Reagan also helped out the Iranians, not in the least because
he made a deal with them to prolong the hostage situation until he was
president. And that's how Iran-Contra-gate started, which involved
Reagan dealing with both an enemy of the US and supporting terrorists
groups in Latin-America.
What a great guy, hm?
-------------------------------
And idiots want his face on Mt. Rushmore. A not overly critical
mini-series about him could only be shown on cable.

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
trotsky
2006-05-27 13:45:25 UTC
Post by Newport
Reagan GAVE Saddam biological and chemical weapons. And to make sure
that he wasn't just gonna drop them anywhere, he also GAVE Saddam sat
images that revealed the positions of Iranian troops.
Of course, Reagan also helped out the Iranians, not in the least because
he made a deal with them to prolong the hostage situation until he was
president. And that's how Iran-Contra-gate started, which involved
Reagan dealing with both an enemy of the US and supporting terrorists
groups in Latin-America.
What a great guy, hm?
-------------------------------
And idiots want his face on Mt. Rushmore. A not overly critical
mini-series about him could only be shown on cable.
I'd like to see his face on Mr. Rushmore too--on the opposite side of
the real Presidents.
Newport
2006-05-28 17:06:31 UTC
***@email.com (trotsky)
<<<idiots want Reagan's face on Mt. Rushmore. A not overly critical
mini-series about him could only be shown on cable.>>>
----------------------------------
I'd like to see his face on Mr. Rushmore too--on the opposite side of
the real Presidents.
-----------------------------------
With Nancy included for the second term?

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
Rich
2006-05-25 12:51:06 UTC
Post by FDR
There are mistakes like that. And then "mistakes" that get 100's of
thousands of people killed for imaginary WMD.
Are you talking about the ones that Democrats were talking about
long before Bush came onto the scene?
Try not to be so bitter about Bush actually doing something about them,
mmkay?
I can hardly wait for 20 years from now when that inflated figures
(100's of thousands) becomes "millions." B.S. propagandist leftist.
Wacky Liberals, counting Iraqis as people. I mean, come on!
Newport

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
Nanette Sherman
2006-05-17 01:06:50 UTC
CNN AIRS BUSH REHEARSAL LIVE; NETWORK CALLS "MISTAKE"
CNN aired President Bush rehearsing his immigration speech from the Oval
Office on Monday night!
The embarrassing images and audio [16 seconds total] captured the
president starting and stopping his message, then looking at the White
House media advisor for direction.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPu19jOcJF4
"The president is rehearsing and the network pool inadvertently went to
the president as he is rehearsing," anchor Wolf Blitzer explained.
FOXNEWS, MSNBC, CBS, ABC and other outlets did not air the rehearsal.
The slip comes just six months after CNN mistakenly placed a bold black
'X' mark over Vice President Cheney's face as he gave a speech.
This is getting to be a regular thing over at CNN. CNN went to President
Bush for his speech...but wait, it wasn't his speech. The president got a
bad cue from the NBC pool cameras. The video they aired was 16 seconds
long...just enough to embarrass George W. Bush. CNN called it a mistake.
Sure it was. Not one other cable or broadcast news channel aired this
false start ... but CNN did. Can you see where this might lead people to
one conclusion: somebody at CNN did it on purpose. Of course, they've done
stuff like this before...remember the black X over Cheney's face during a
speech he gave?

Then again .. it could just be a lack of skill in the control room. Good
help is hard to find these days.
Newport
2006-05-17 22:25:52 UTC
***@cuedspeech.com (Nanette=A0Sherman) Good help is hard to find
these days.
-----------------------------------
With incompetence at the very top.

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
JacquesZMonkey
2006-05-24 10:10:54 UTC
That was just from one of his buddies shooting back.
Newport
2006-05-24 11:09:40 UTC
***@aol.com (JacquesZMonkey) That was just from one of his
buddies shooting back.
-------------------------------
Even Dick C.'s *friends* want to shoot him.

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
Ubiquitous
2006-05-26 01:40:21 UTC
Post by Nanette Sherman
Post by Ubiquitous
[...]

Speaking of which, I see ABC has pulled a "Dan Rather" and fabricated a
story about Danny Hastert being investigated by the FBI wrt Jack Abramoff...
... after the FBI reported he is not under investigation. The things the
liberal media will do to get the spotlight off William Jefferson...
for them, it's failing.
Newport
2006-05-26 05:04:10 UTC
***@polaris.net (Ubiquitous)
will do to get the spotlight off William Jefferson...
---------------------------
It's off. Ans what about that phoney "independent" investigation"

O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O~O
2006-05-30 16:09:08 UTC
http://youtu.be/yPu19jOcJF4
[...]
Mustn't let the public see the golem being programmed. It's not polite.
Certainly nothing they need to know. Nothing to see here, go about your
business, folks.

rst
2006-05-26 17:54:04 UTC
This is the best thing right wing buffoons can come up with to "prove"
the media is somehow "liberal".

People like this Ubiquitous person -- who have no idea what really goes
on in a newsroom-- make me laugh.
Newport
2006-05-26 20:43:15 UTC
***@ziplip.com (rst)